PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE, I beg of you- stop the shaking!!!

ForeverLadyGrey
05-28-12, 12:34 PM
Does anyone else's game jerk all around the screen when collecting sparkles?! I'm playing on an iPhone and when I click on one habitat it jerks the screen over. I have a hard time with motion sickness so I dread collecting all my sparkles! Getting my bonuses literally makes me sick!! Please Team Lava, make it stop!! Why is this a feature of the game?!

bellabreez
05-28-12, 12:39 PM
Yes! Please stop!!! I hate that feature, too. It's enuf to give someone whiplash.

CuddlyDragon
05-28-12, 12:40 PM
I don't have that (unless I never noticed it)

Please try reinstalling the game.

Let me know if it changes. :)

zoroak
05-28-12, 12:46 PM
I think they mean that when you tap to collect from a habitat, the game automatically shifts the habitat tapped on to the centre of the screen.

coolgamegirl27
05-28-12, 12:47 PM
I have also noticed this with farms too, thought it maybe a 'gold trap' as I have been in danger of speeding up farms and using precious gold. I am on ipad, my son is on ipod touch and it happens there too. I don't think it can be a installation problem???

CuddlyDragon
05-28-12, 12:48 PM
Weird-

I do not see it on my iTouch. :/

CuddlyDragon
05-28-12, 12:51 PM
I think they mean that when you tap to collect from a habitat, the game automatically shifts the habitat tapped on to the centre of the screen.

Hm... is this what everyone means?

Or does it literally shake the screen earthquake style?

ForeverLadyGrey
05-28-12, 12:53 PM
Yes, that is what I mean. It redirects the habitat (or farm) to the center of the screen. But I just deleted my game and am reinstalling just to make it official that I tried the "fix". Really hoping I don't lose my eagle dragon that was breeding!!

CuddlyDragon
05-28-12, 12:56 PM
Yes, that is what I mean. It redirects the habitat (or farm) to the center of the screen. But I just deleted my game and am reinstalling just to make it official that I tried the "fix". Really hoping I don't lose my eagle dragon that was breeding!!

I am sure that is working as intended for the game design.

I will write up the concerns and forward them to the Engineers in my report today. :)

ForeverLadyGrey
05-28-12, 12:58 PM
Lol bellabreez! It jerks around so fast, it really does make me seriously dizzy and nauseated!

ForeverLadyGrey
05-28-12, 12:59 PM
Thank you Cuddly Dragon!! ��

SakuraSweetie
05-28-12, 12:59 PM
I don't understand what all of you mean shaking when you collect from habitat. I do not see it on my iPhone.

zoroak
05-28-12, 01:00 PM
The habitats don't shift to the centre of the screen when you are collecting from a habitat that is full of income +\- sparkles from playing. The shifting only occurs when you are collecting from sparkling habitats that are not full of income.

ForeverLadyGrey
05-28-12, 01:00 PM
Thank you Cuddly Dragon!! ��

Well, those 2 ?? were supposed to be a kissy face. Now I just look confused instead of grateful!! Lol!

ForeverLadyGrey
05-28-12, 01:03 PM
Thanks zoroak for the explanation. Don't understand why it has to do it, but at least it's a reason. Now can they make it STOP?! I really don't need to be jerked around to be told my habitat wasn't full of income! Lol!

DragonTauro
05-28-12, 01:25 PM
I can't say it's bothered me. What is abit annoying is the lag. Takes abit for the messages to come up and go away, menu, (anything you click on).

Maybe a way to fix the problem here though is to have a "collect all bonus' " button? :)

MiniLaura
05-28-12, 01:32 PM
If we could zoom out more so that more of our island is visible, the jerking around would be minimized.

I hate the jerking, but I hate the lack of zooming more.

CampingTime
05-28-12, 02:33 PM
I have noticed this on my iPad as well. What it comes down to is that the game is recentering the screen where we touch, which can be quite aggravating. I can only imagine that, for someone like you, the problem is completely magnified.

jonnypopins
05-28-12, 03:23 PM
Agree with Laura. I don't like the centering of the screen, but I really hate that I can't zoom out more.
I already have issues, and see and issue in the future, as players islands expand you need to move their island/s all over to try and find a habitat to gift.

chilis123
05-28-12, 03:26 PM
Yes. I don't like this feature either. I've even consider quitting the game

sunstorm01
05-28-12, 04:30 PM
Omg!! This feature is sooo annoying!! Yep nauseating!!

PinkStarbelly
05-28-12, 09:21 PM

If's it's very difficult for you, wait to collect the sparkles until you see "collect" sign, that means your habitat is full and when you collect, the screen won't be flying around. I too, get very dizzy so this is my solution. Ofcourse, it also means you only empty your sparkles once every few hours which is a loss but I hate the re-directing that much that I rather loose coins.

Purplum
05-29-12, 12:03 AM
1. Stop the re-centering when collecting sparkles
2. Stop the re-zooming when you go to a neighbor's place
3. Let us zoom out more please. I'd like to see all the islands at a glance please.

:)

DragonTauro
05-29-12, 01:53 AM
If's it's very difficult for you, wait to collect the sparkles until you see "collect" sign, that means your habitat is full and when you collect, the screen won't be flying around. I too, get very dizzy so this is my solution. Ofcourse, it also means you only empty your sparkles once every few hours which is a loss but I hate the re-directing that much that I rather loose coins.

But doesn't that mean you'll get a lot of "full" comments on your wall because no one else can play till you collect?

I think if they implemented a "collect" button once all or one habitat has sparkles it will solve the issue? ;)

redsox555
05-29-12, 06:13 AM
1. Stop the re-centering when collecting sparkles
2. Stop the re-zooming when you go to a neighbor's place
3. Let us zoom out more please. I'd like to see all the islands at a glance please.
:)

All 3 of those suggestions would make things a lot better!!

1crazycajun
05-29-12, 06:42 AM
I play Dragon Story on a ipad and my game does not shake, rattle or roll.... LOL....... Nor does it move anything to the middle of the screen when I collect gold.....

The only problem I have is that I can't see the whole island at once...

kooky panda
05-29-12, 10:31 AM
I play Dragon Story on a ipad and my game does not shake, rattle or roll.... LOL....... Nor does it move anything to the middle of the screen when I collect gold.....

The only problem I have is that I can't see the whole island at once...
I am on Iphone 4 and back up game on Ipad 3, and I am not seeing this shaking either.

driftboutique
05-29-12, 10:43 AM
I am on Iphone 4 and back up game on Ipad 3, and I am not seeing this shaking either.

I think it is just hard to describe. People are talking about the way that the game recenters the view when you try to collect sparkles from a habitat that is not full of coins. When it's full of coins, you tap and the view doesn't change, but if it's not, when you tap it recenters on the habitat you just tapped on. Same for farms -- if you tap to harvest, it doesn't recenter, but if you tap to select a farm to replant, it recenters the focus.

I have motion sickness like the OP, so it might be more noticeable to us than to others :) and I agree with MiniLaura, revising the zoom limitations would decrease the severity of this issue.

Annasfarmville
05-29-12, 10:53 AM
It only happens when you are collecting sparkles and don't have the collect sign, but yes, it's very annoying.

dri2011
05-29-12, 11:16 AM
I just checked on my iPhone, when we touch a habitat that doesn't have sparkles, the habitat is brought to the center of the screen, the same happens when we collect the play tips. I think it's actually by design as CD said earlier... It never caught my attention before, but it may be bothering for some people I guess...

One thing that I really agree and suggest is that we could zoom out a little more, specially on iPad.

driftboutique
05-29-12, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I just starting playing in my phone. Up until now I have been iPad only. The zoom issue and the refocus issue are much more pronounced on the iPad.

farmer1600
05-30-12, 02:36 AM
Thought I'de give this game a try - Def. agree with the other posters.

1. screen continuously jumping around when collecting sparkles causes (me) motion sickness
2. not being able to zoom out to see the entire island on ipad is not only a pain but makes no sense.

I'm already dizzy from the screen jerking around while trying to collect sparkles but now I have to scroll all around people's islands to see if they have anything avail. to tip.

The screen is always stablized in other story games - Why did they implement these jerky screen features for dragon story?

ForeverLadyGrey
05-30-12, 02:02 PM
A big thank you to everyone! It's always nice to know you're not alone! I too want to know why they implemented this feature. It serves no purpose. If it's to let you know your habitat wasn't full to the max with income, well then we could figure that much out by the fact that there wasn't a "collect" sign. Please TL, could you tell us what the reason is or make it so that it doesn't re-center our game when we click?

DAmanding
05-30-12, 06:23 PM
The re-centering is definitely obnoxious. It also causes me to accidentally click on buttons at the bottom of the screen when I go to click the next closest habitat too quickly and the screen re-centers just as a I clicked meaning I click on a button instead of the habitat I was aiming for. The zooming problems are also seriously irritating.