PDA

View Full Version : Hm, just an idea :P

Happy_fox
05-27-12, 11:44 AM
Well,as the title said, I am bored after 2hours feeding my dragons, all my friends are missing and my poison dragon still stuck in evolution temple for 20hours.

Then I feel like to know more about the game. I started at read every description in the game,like the abandon castle, habitats, etc. Then I stopped at the Dragonride shrine statue description: ?A stunning reminder of the timeless bond between man and dragon. These two solemn figures are crafted in gold and are sure to make any passing Caretaker or dragon smile.? They just mentioned humain right there! On top of it, there was "a timeless bond" between dragon and man! Where did these man goes? What kind of "a timeless bond" could be? Those questions pop up in my head.

The answer can not be figure out yet in the game. I came up myself with something like this:
After centuries of war between dragon and humain, both side have agree that war is meaningless. They decided to live together, helping each other. Fishing is much easier and profitable with some help of Water Dragon, Fruiful dragon gives fertilize for farming, mindvolt can bring rain to water the crops, people can wish for heath, food or for their babies by praying at Life dragon place and so on... In humain side, they can build dragon habitats, give them food and play with them.
I think this idea is not bad, it value every type of dragons, not like "epic forest dragon gives only 400 coins per hours, better level up my firestorm". It also made dragons more lifely, not walk, fly, walk, fly all day.

Oh well, that all and I think is might be too complex and not worth to do so yea TL wont do this but still I like to share this idea :D And sorry for my english T.T

moonlightknight
05-27-12, 11:57 AM
Bravo sir. This is freak in aweso e. I love this post. I though maybe I one point, TL would put out some sort of dragon that was meant for fighting or riding because of the shrine but this description is way cooler. If TL meant for us to come to this conclusion then coodos for them. If not then you have written the coolest thing I've read about dragon story besides how to play and all the tips and tricks

Happy_fox
05-27-12, 01:34 PM
Bravo sir. This is freak in aweso e. I love this post. I though maybe I one point, TL would put out some sort of dragon that was meant for fighting or riding because of the shrine but this description is way cooler. If TL meant for us to come to this conclusion then coodos for them. If not then you have written the coolest thing I've read about dragon story besides how to play and all the tips and tricks

Thank for the positive feedback :D but people are not so active in forum as i think lol >.>

Rachael98
05-27-12, 01:56 PM
That has got to be one of the most awesome ideas ever suggested.

rubyredrhum
05-27-12, 02:48 PM
OMG!!! I love this idea!

I was actually thinking the same on the first 2 days Im playing Dragon Story... I was reading info for my forest dragon; it says "...Plants explode in growth and blossom in the presence of your dragon[...]"

...From that I was thinking my plants should grow faster...but no they don't :(

Happy_fox
05-27-12, 03:01 PM
OMG!!! I love this idea!

I was actually thinking the same on the first 2 days Im playing Dragon Story... I was reading info for my forest dragon; it says "...Plants explode in growth and blossom in the presence of your dragon[...]"

...From that I was thinking my plants should grow faster...but no they don't :(

Yea, it would be nice if your crop grow faster when you have a forest dragon hanging around :D
I am thinking of decoration too, they should add some bonus like extra coin, what is the point of buying a abandon castle for 100k coin when it gives you nothing and take 3x3 square? >.>

driftboutique
05-27-12, 05:12 PM
I love this! Great idea :)

moonlightknight
05-27-12, 07:42 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks dragon should have other purposes? I'm gonna make a thread and see what people think

71smoky
10-30-18, 01:14 AM
I think it is awesome!!!

Sunny807
10-30-18, 03:04 AM
These thoughts are great and show real love to dragons. I was thinking similar and it makes me always sad when some people discussing, if it's 'worth' feeding a special dragon and if one is useless or not or if you can 'use' them for essence.
I'm at a point where I can't keep every hatchling and a lot are waiting in storage and it's always difficult and a bit sad to trade one for making room for another.
It's great to know that there are people like you :-)

Rfs04
11-02-18, 01:37 PM
These thoughts are great and show real love to dragons. I was thinking similar and it makes me always sad when some people discussing, if it's 'worth' feeding a special dragon and if one is useless or not or if you can 'use' them for essence.
I'm at a point where I can't keep every hatchling and a lot are waiting in storage and it's always difficult and a bit sad to trade one for making room for another.
It's great to know that there are people like you :-)

I agree, tho some players regard the dragons as just a bunch of pixels, I like to think of them as alive and while I play bingo to get boosts, it pains me to evolve then sell fire dragons for the goals. I always say goodbye to them, tell them they'll come back as some players first fire dragon and be loved! But it is sad.

I talk to my dragons going into battle to encourage them. It doesn't always work but I have fun! With how S8 works this game, you gotta get fun where you can cause they don't give much of it!!

squigglish
11-02-18, 01:55 PM
I agree, tho some players regard the dragons as just a bunch of pixels, I like to think of them as alive and while I play bingo to get boosts, it pains me to evolve then sell fire dragons for the goals. I always say goodbye to them, tell them they'll come back as some players first fire dragon and be loved! But it is sad.

I talk to my dragons going into battle to encourage them. It doesn't always work but I have fun! With how S8 works this game, you gotta get fun where you can cause they don't give much of it!!

Well, for me, those early posts and yours show me that many players do get what the game should be. It is a fantasy game and the player is immersed in the fantasy. In the fantasy, the dragons are real. Storm8 has an obligation to its players to help the players in their involvement in the fantasy. Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, they often do more to impede the players by having too many events work at cross purposes and events, such as the leaderboard, where only those who have the resources to freely spend can compete for top prizes. I think that is sad. The saddest thing for me though is that this was once a great game and probably could be again, if only Storm8 would simplify it and let players return to the great fantasy game that it should be

deadpixel
11-02-18, 01:57 PM
The dragons in DS have transformed from Dragons into Cash-Cows.

:tickled_pink: