PDA

View Full Version : no-star & low-star neighbors

techie123
05-26-12, 07:40 AM
Has anyone noticed that a lot of neighbors have stopped tipping? Even or especially high-level players? Maybe it's the extra tap. Maybe it's too time consuming without enough of a reward. Maybe BS is an old game and TL wants us to play their new ones. Maybe it's the customer bug or the recurring coin bug. Or maybe high-level players simply get bored and churn off. (I do like the new goals though). Whatever it is, I'm getting discouraged as my level 80 and 90 neighbors lose interest.

mattyboo1
05-26-12, 07:52 AM
I notice that a bit I'm 97 on restaurant and do have 4 star though

habanero89
05-26-12, 08:39 AM
I've noticed this definitely!

digital_ghost
05-26-12, 08:46 AM
I play fashion, bakery and dragon. Since I play multiple games in my downtime and am a busy mom I don't have much time for tipping. I'm level 96 in fashion and the only people I tip are regs who tip my shop a lot. Bakery I have one or two people I'll tip because again, they visit me and always tip. Fashion and bakery has been pushed to the back burner for me. Because I'm a low level in dragon I tip more frequently. Once I level up enough to not need the tips in there I probably won't as often. Having a six year old doesn't permit me a lot of time to dedicate to my neighbors. Everyone has their reasons.. Real life, boredom of going through the motions, playing other games etc. It sucks for the players that do tip regularly.

techie123
05-26-12, 09:56 AM
My bakery name is Four Stars! I tip and gift every day. I keep my neighbor count down at around 60, but it still takes a while to run through them all. And I "manage" my 6-year-old daughter's bakery during the week since she's not allowed to play on school days. I also always have a few neighbors who've abandoned the game - full tables, spoiled food - but their star count miraculously stays at 2-3 or even 4. I purge them after a few weeks and add new ones.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this.... I've been playing for about 6 months and am at level 74. It's disappointing when long time neighbors drop out, even if they're only virtual friends. I guess I'm beginning to realize that the game takes a lot of time and there's no prize at the end!

AnnasCoffee
05-26-12, 10:11 AM
Maybe it's too time consuming without enough of a reward.

This is the reason I quit tipping.

jumphigh128
05-26-12, 11:04 AM
I might stop....I mean, you don't really have any advantages to waste hours tipping

GroovyRuss
05-26-12, 03:31 PM
This is the reason I quit tipping.

exactly. I only tip those who tip me now.

PinkStarbelly
05-26-12, 05:24 PM
I'm wondering abt the extra tap I've been reading about. In my game, it's how it's always been. I have to double tap the first table to start the tip motion but after the first table, 1 single tap is enoguh for the rest of the tables .. Isn't it that wa for everyone?

I'm a level 84 player at the moment and only 2 stars. I used to be a hardcore 4-star tipper with an extremely strict nbr policy. 3 stars or more and must maintain their stars, anyone that dropped, even if just for a day - cut! Ever since PHS came out, I stopped my excessive tipping and only returned tip I received. Then came DS ... And I stopped tipping all together, I worte huge msgs on my own wall that I no longer tip and I'm fine with ppl not tipping me, that I still accept material request freauently for ppl who still wants to stay nbrs. But ppl jusr kept tipping ans pushing my msg down .. and i feel bad .. i might remodel to have less table so ppl cant tip ..

rockhollow
05-26-12, 06:06 PM
I'm at level 63 and have been playing for about 6 months. I used to be an excellent tipping, tipping my neighbors every day. I have 41 neighbors, and it takes a bit of time to tip everyone, and I just don't seem to find the time anymore. I try to tip my regular neighbors, who tip me daily, but even that is hard to do.
When I started playing, I was only working part time, and spent lots of time on my bakery, but now work full time and barely find the time to bake to keep my counters full.

cakeandpie
05-27-12, 05:12 PM
I'm a high level player in all my Story games, and I have NO need of more xp because there's nothing to be gained by leveling up. And 20 coins per tip is meaningless next to the amount of coins I have. So to me, the time it takes to go tip is not worth it at all. I return tips of people who tip me, but I don't proactively go tip. I wouldn't care if no one ever tipped me again. If they didn't, it would be less work for me and I'm a busy mom. I don't collect my tips very often because if I'm full, no one else can tip.

Nahiyana
05-27-12, 11:28 PM
I have also noticed quite many neighbors dropping in stars compared to before.
But it also seems there are more suddenly going inactive than before.
Could just be the new games or possibly nicer weather making starting at a screen less attractive :)

Me personally still tip everyone every day, but only play two games and have only about 50 neighbors at each.
I never really think about wether it rewards me enough our not.
I just really enjoy setting everyone change their places, especially right after updates come out!
Even just that makes it already worth my time.

Nahiyana
05-27-12, 11:28 PM
Staring, not starting :)

Nahiyana
05-27-12, 11:31 PM
And our is or, and setting is seeing!
I really should try to wake up before posting next time :)

lola1190
05-28-12, 02:14 AM
I'm a high level player in all my Story games, and I have NO need of more xp because there's nothing to be gained by leveling up. And 20 coins per tip is meaningless next to the amount of coins I have. So to me, the time it takes to go tip is not worth it at all. I return tips of people who tip me, but I don't proactively go tip. I wouldn't care if no one ever tipped me again. If they didn't, it would be less work for me and I'm a busy mom. I don't collect my tips very often because if I'm full, no one else can tip.

I feel like this too, and I'm only on Level 39 ish ... it's only one xp per tip as well as being only 20 coins. Feels more like a nuisance than anything to me.

Purplum
05-28-12, 09:38 AM
You can only tip 50+ neighbors everyday in multiple story games for so long before something has to give. I used to be a 4 star player in all of my story gams. Unfortunately, I no longer have the play time I used to have. So now I generally have one game that I'm very good with visiting neighbors daily (dragon story atm) and my other story game neighbors will have to be content with daily gifting, punctual request acceptances, and the occasional visit. Which is all I personally really want from a neighbor anyway.

bchanelmusic
05-28-12, 09:24 PM
I just have too many neighbors to tip them all. I feel kinda bad when I deny people's neighbor request (not that I ever have), but then I end up with 90 neighbors and it takes too long to tip them all. I wish the tipping function was like the gifting function, but then I guess you would never really have a reason to write on your neighbor's wall or visit them. Catch 22 :/

piggiful
05-28-12, 09:28 PM
I don't really care if they tip. I just use them for gifts and requests.
Most of them use me for the same purpose. In fact, I prefer to have as few tippers as possible, so I don't have to collect.
I do expect my neighbors to keep the tables clear though. It's frustrating to visit a neighbor who is full when I'm actually in the mood for tipping.

jay1314
05-28-12, 11:07 PM
I've been bad lately but I have so many neighbors and am a full time student in college and work part time on week nights and weekends and for a month or so I dropped out for awhile only going in to see weekly updates but now I've gotten hooked back in but still don't want to spend all my time tipping specially since almost everyone is done with it

mposey
05-29-12, 02:25 AM
this was exactly the reason I quit/took a break from bakery story last year. I got sick of tippin! Lol I have 106 neighboors at the moment I tip n gift daily but it is time consuming. And no real reward but having ur bakery at 4 stars... starting soon I might just only tip 4 star neighboors.. since I don't have very many at all! I mainly have neighboors so as I get parts for gifts. :)

BigFam
05-29-12, 08:16 AM
I don't have time to tip all of my 115 neighbors, so what I do is:
1) Go through my messages and tip the last 10 people who tipped me, then
2) Go through my wall and see if anyone else posted that they tipped, then tip them, then
3) Go through my friends list, and only tip my 3 & 4 star neighbors.

To go through those 3 steps usually takes about 10 minutes. If I have more time, I may go back and tip the 2 star neighbors.

cakeandpie
05-29-12, 09:18 AM
Feels more like a nuisance than anything to me.

Agreed. I only want neighbors for gifts and accepting requests.

Annasfarmville
05-29-12, 10:36 AM
I agree with Big Fam.
I got a few neighbors that tip everyday, and I like to tip them even if they didn't tip yet.
And if I don't have the time or for some reasonI don't feel like playing, I don't tip. My neighbors understand, we all got a life besides the game.

candyglam
05-29-12, 11:37 AM
I have a similar strategy to BigFam. People who post on my wall and appear in my news feed are my first priority, then my 4 star neighbors and so on and so on. I have over 100 neighbors in all my 4 Story games (almost 300 in Fashion), so this helps to keep my time spent tipping to a manageable amount. I think it's just another facet to the game; some people enjoy it and choose to be active and some don't. I don't mind either way.

catgirl477
05-29-12, 04:05 PM
I'm a 97 (almost 98) lvl player and I still have a lot of interest in the game, but with my schedule I am only able to tip the ppl that leave messages on my wall, I usually tip every other day or so. I haven't really seen other nbors not tip as much, but I'm pretty popular and I'm a nbor of Jenny (lvl 100) so I always get a lot of visitors

catgirl477
05-29-12, 04:05 PM
And I don't have time to tip all my 230+ nbors!

CafeXiola
05-30-12, 07:13 AM
2) Go through my wall and see if anyone else posted that they tipped, then tip them, then

To go through those 3 steps usually takes about 10 minutes. If I have more time, I may go back and tip the 2 star neighbors.

I do something similar to what BigFam does.

1. Tip and return gifts from those who sent gifts
2. Tip those who wrote on my wall
3. Check my news feed and tip those who show up there
4. Tip my "regulars"

I save everyone else for when I have time throughout the day.

I keep my nbr count at about 75. And I don't add anyone until a space opens up when I go through weekly and delete inactive players (unless they've posted on their wall that they're away), and nbr's whose star level has dropped to 1 or 0.

I used to stress about who was/wasn't tipping, but the game is supposed to be fun, not a second job.

RoseMeyer
05-30-12, 07:19 AM

yep. put me on that list send me a gear and I'm happy.

:)

sourlicorice2
05-30-12, 09:07 AM
I don't really care if they tip. I just use them for gifts and requests.
Most of them use me for the same purpose. In fact, I prefer to have as few tippers as possible, so I don't have to collect.
I do expect my neighbors to keep the tables clear though. It's frustrating to visit a neighbor who is full when I'm actually in the mood for tipping.

If u expect your nbrs to be clear 24/7 then I imagine you would have to get nbrs that have the time to clear their tables constantly during the day and not go to bed so they can clear their tables during the night just in case u visited lol :p

sourlicorice2
05-30-12, 09:15 AM
I play six games and have between 50-60 nbrs on four of them. Considerably less on the other 2.

I visit every day but alternate days where I post. Monday's and Wednesdays I visit and post on BS and RS. Tuesday's and Wednesdays I visit and post on Farm and fashion etc. the other 2 I visit all but most often only post if they have posted on mine. Nbrs that I know visit but never post I do the same with them. Any 0 to 1 star nbrs I have been lately not visiting but I still get gifts from them so I send them gifts. On weekends unless I'm visiting my parents I visit and post on all games. This weekend is a three day weekend so I'm going to the beach. Will must likely visit my nbrs still but probably won't post if its late.

That being said I don't expect my nbrs To visit me everyday. As long as they drop me a line now and then so I know they are still playing that's fine. Ones who don't after a while I delete them.

SIDENOTE: Please don't send an invite. I'll only decline it thx.

bobbyrae
05-30-12, 09:46 AM
Me toooooooooooooooo!!!!! I so hate tipping. >.<

Branston73
05-30-12, 10:05 AM
Me toooooooooooooooo!!!!! I so hate tipping. >.<

Same LOL!

sourlicorice2
05-30-12, 10:10 AM
I have a second bakery and restaurant ID sourlicorice where I don't tip and dont expect nbrs to tip me eithera. I only gift and accept requests daily. If you want to add me there that's fine just don't expect any tips from there. I'm not adding on my main game though.

purrfect7mi
05-30-12, 01:37 PM
I have 38 neighbors. it's the perfect amount for me to tip and gift daily (fashion story) I only keep those who are regular players. I have a message on my wall that says I only add 3/4 star active players who tip often and are above level 25. it's amazing how many rude comments I get about that. hey its MY store and i'm so fed up with tipping tipping tipping tipping tipping you without ANY RETURN so those kinds of people just go by by. it's just a game but it's my game and I play how I want. I have AWESOME neighbors right now but I notice if I add more than 40 I don't have time to visit them each day because I am a working mom of 6 with 7 outside jobs. my phone is with me all the time and I just play when I have time. my night job allows more freedom for that..

i'm doing an experiment right now with a couple non-tipping neighors. I quit tipping and visiting, gifting just to see how long it takes them to notice and say "hey you're not tipping"

:)

RoseMeyer
05-30-12, 07:44 PM
I quit tipping and visiting, gifting just to see how long it takes them to notice and say "hey you're not tipping"

Ill bet you 10 gems, 10 gears and a cappuchino and what the heck, a couple heating coils. that they both Do not Notice and Do not Care.

OriginalBlond
05-30-12, 10:39 PM
I have to agree with you all. I HATE tipping everyday! I play BS RS and FS with about 60 nbrs per game. I used to always make sure I had and maintained a 4 star level, but now I'm just bored with it. I play on android so of course no goals here and I'm am starting to get bored with the games. If tipping/liking were not part of the game it would be so much better for me. I work in retail and work wacky hours. Lately, I have been tipping about every other day. No one has said anything yet. I even thought about nixing most all my nbrs in FS except for a select few, and then when it comes to needing nbrs to expand, get new nbrs. kinda hard to use the same idea in BS and RS because of the constructables. I would also prefer if people only responded to part request and gifting. Sorry, I got a little long winded there :-) :-)

hinata134
05-30-12, 11:52 PM
Add me as neighbor pls. just started playing...

flytothestars
05-31-12, 02:55 AM
I'm at level 72 now, have maintained 4 stars ever since I started and on multiple bakeries. I have so many nbers that I have always just tipped back the ones who tip me and can still maintain my 4 stars.

Before, I would check and tip back every few hours. Lately though, I find myself only tipping around reset time. I leave my tables full when I do not have the time or patience to tip. Even when I just started, I felt the 20$ coin tips weren't even worth my time and cannot really add much value to my dollar amt as opposed to all the time it wastes... I tip back my nbers just to be fair to them, but tbh, I have never cared about tips. I only care about trading parts and mat'l reqs.

That being said, I have never understood why people put so much emphasis on tipping lol. It's really not a good pay off if you think about it. I think we need more rewards for tipping, otherwise I can see myself becoming 0 stars in the future lol. (But of course I still answer all reqs and gift daily) xD

I say we should get a gem after receiving x amount of tips or tipping x amount or maybe prizes...

flytothestars
05-31-12, 03:01 AM
Oh I'd also like to add that I have 200+ nbers and I have never gone through the list to tip everybody (I only tip back) and no one has EVER said "hey you're not tipping" !

lol. I do gift back and tip back and accept all their reqs so it's fair in my opinion.

quentinsmommy
05-31-12, 05:48 PM

That's exactly what I do. :) I'm a housewife and stay at home mom, and tipping everybody from my wall and neighbor list is way too time consuming. My policy on star ratings is that I only add (when a few slots open, that is) 3 to 4 stars with no spoiled food who are level 30 and above. I don't add newbies at all because in my experience, newbies who have begged and begged me to add them usually quit without accepting my invite.:mad: I don't want to have pending invites pile up too much and not be able to add those who truly want to be neighbors. I wish that we could be able to see another person's star rating before adding them, that would help a lot until TL lets us delete pending invites. I only delete neighbors who have been 0 or 1 stars with spoiled food and have stayed that way for a week. I'm only an active tipper on Bakery, Farm, Fashion, and Restaurant. I do admit that I'm a 0 star on Zoo2 and Pet Shop, only because I'm losing interest and running out of room on those games. I do gift every day in all games no matter what, though.:)

JohnnieBravo
06-01-12, 01:55 AM
I noticed when I try to keep up with tipping my neighbors I eventually get burned out and don't want to play for a while. I turned off message notifications because all it ever would be was a wall of "t & g", "tips", etc. I agree with you guys that the $20 + 1exp isn't really worth the time investment. Especially when trying to post to each wall that you tipped! I could make multiple batches of brownies (lol!) in the time it takes to tip and earn more exp and $$$. One thing I am diligent in is gifting and accepting requests! I'm playing 5 different TL games right now and I just don't have the time to do the tipping thing as much as I used to.

BertiesHeavenScent
06-01-12, 06:25 PM
I still tip and gift all my neighbors but I quit leaving messages. It would be nice to go back to my list of neighbors after each tipping instead of having to click on social and then the next neighbor.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-03-12, 02:37 PM
I tip and gift my neighbors every day, but I don't use Walls to tell them so ... they can see that I have with Messages. Time is not on my side when it comes to posting to a Wall, when it's done anyway.

queentina3
06-03-12, 05:53 PM
Like others it depends on the game as to how I tip. City & Treasure I clean once a week, sometimes only once every 2 weeks. 90% of my neighbors don't clean at all either, so it works out good for me. Fashion I have about 70% of my neighbors that have stopped Liking, and I try to Like there 3-4 days a week. Nightclub I stopped Dancing completely. Pet Hotel and Dragon Story I hit everyone everyday, but only go back if I have the chance. BS/RS/Farm I try to hit everyday, but since those games are the most time consuming, once I've done one I sometimes don't make it to the others, so I try to do the ones I've missed the next day. I've stopped writing on walls for now, just takes too much time even though I'm only using a shortcut for my message, it is the processing time of getting to the wall that is eating up my time. If I want to try to get to my games, wall writing has to take a backseat on days that I just don't feel up to it. Zoo 2 & Pet Shop I played a few times then stopped. I found it too difficult to see which pets needed to play and was way to time consuming.

I think to cut down on my time I'm going to start doing what others seem to be doing lately, only go back to those that write on my wall. That way I can hit the people that take the time to come to my place and I'll also have the time to write on their walls that I've been there.

I still gift and accept requests, but the tipping is becoming too much trouble.

MomsHouseofSweets
06-04-12, 07:31 AM
I'm presently just about to hit Level 66, tip and gift daily, maintain a 4 star rating and have also noticed neighbors' star rating dropping quickly to zero. Today I will be deleting all zero star neighbors. It takes too much time to try to tip those who aren't playing any longer or clear their tables. I realize that many will be vacationing, but it would be nice to know this, so that I don't delete them, but am sure this will happen. I also find that aside from full bakeries and dropping star ratings, many neighbors don't tip or gift, but accept them. These games are a 2-way street, in my opinion. I'm watching carefully now and will drop those who don't play. Hate to, but I'm busy too, you know? If neighbors will just let us know, but I realize not many people read Walls. I do ... I look for any message that lets me know they're gone now, but will return.

TimeForACuppaTea
06-04-12, 09:33 AM
I'm lvl 96 or 97 in most games I play. I've cut way back on tipping. Never enjoyed doing it anyway but these stupid stars are beyond annoying and make things take longer. I have a life and would rather not deal with things that aggravate me (like those stupid stars). My star rating has dropped and I don't care.

I've posted 1-2 star reviews in iTunes for all games I play and asked that they remove those annoying stars, give gem comfermation buttons and allow us to delete pending nbr requests. Until we get these things we've all been begging for I won't give them the "nice comment" they keep asking for. Give me what I want, I'll give you what you want.

dalula
06-06-12, 03:42 PM
I have a life too, and i'm very busy and I play 4 story games, but it just makes me feel very upset if i fall below 4 stars... i dont know why... i hate to tip though. It gets pretty annoying. Also, its hard for me to delete nbrs because I'm not sure if they really stopped playing or are just too busy to play.

crazycat76
08-10-12, 04:50 AM
I know its quite a time ago, but why dont lets start a thread with "Searching for non-tippers, just gifts and requests welcomed?" ;)

Im at BS and RS, and Im getting depressed when I see a lot of my neighbours dont even gift and answering requests (and a few definitely stopped playing), but I also want to get rid of tipping, its so much waste of time, even if I have reduced my neighbours to a limit of 35 for each game. Dont know what will happen if I remove to many of them, because you need an special amount for your expansion(s)?

So thats why I would like a thread with "add me, no tipping necessary".

Greetings to all of you!

crazycat76
08-10-12, 04:53 AM
ok, found the Meeting thread, shame on me. Never mind!

Zetra
08-10-12, 05:35 AM
We need something to encourage us to tip.

kooky panda
08-10-12, 06:18 AM
I know its quite a time ago, but why dont lets start a thread with "Searching for non-tippers, just gifts and requests welcomed?" ;)

Im at BS and RS, and Im getting depressed when I see a lot of my neighbours dont even gift and answering requests (and a few definitely stopped playing), but I also want to get rid of tipping, its so much waste of time, even if I have reduced my neighbours to a limit of 35 for each game. Dont know what will happen if I remove to many of them, because you need an special amount for your expansion(s)?

So thats why I would like a thread with "add me, no tipping necessary".

Greetings to all of you!

ok, found the Meeting thread, shame on me. Never mind!

Glad you found the forum. For others, here is the adme forum.

http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?72-Add-Me

MomsHouseofSweets
08-11-12, 04:32 PM
I still tip and gift very day, but have been deleting players who don't tip and have dropped in star rating from 4 to 2 and below. I leave a message on their wall to come visit or ask if they are away temporarily. If I get no reply within a few days, I delete them. Like so many others, I'm busy also. Have a family and a full time job outside the home, so if I can find time to take care of my neighbors, I would think most others could as well. Am I picky? Yes. Why should any of us continually waste time tipping and gifting others who don't do the same. This is a game ... to play is a choice and I would expect my neighbors to drop me if I wasn't playing. As for encouraging players to tip ... I agree. 30 coins or 2 stars isn't much incentive, not when it takes 49 gems for an appliance and the low return on foods that take not only many, many hours, but coins as well.

altarisse
08-13-12, 08:58 AM
My tablet freezes whenever I visit neighbors (I think it's a Team Lava thing for I have played RPGs on my tablet and they all worked fine.)

I've been deleted by some neighbors because I don't tip anymore and that's a-OK. My tablet's sanity matters more to me.