PDA

View Full Version : Glitch costs me 100's of thousands of coins in profit

cakeandpie
05-25-12, 07:08 AM
Sorry this is going to be a bit long to explain, but after seeing this glitch over and over, and now losing tons of unsold food, I need to report it.

Many times after I have just opened BS (or RS or FS) and stared doing things--usually serving food off my appliances--the app will hitch, and all of a sudden some, but not all, of my food will be back on the appliances. Once when the app hitched, the counter I was looking at reverted to the number of servings it had the previous night (the last time I had the app open). I'm guessing I lost all the progress of what I sold overnight, which is extremely annoying since I have ~75-80 counters and I really want to get rid of many of them but food sells so slowly.

Since I don't want any more counters than I have, I have decided to just clear off the counter with the least profit on it whenever a new recipe comes out. This morning I immediately went to check the totals on my two lowest counters. The app "hitched" and the serving count went back to what it had been last night. I couldn't tell if my coin count also changed because I wasn't looking at it.

Well, I was mad but figured what could I do? So I just stored the lowest-profit counter, bought a new granite one (I'm gradually replacing counters with the granite one as they clear). I moved counters around and put the granite one where I wanted it, which happened to be where my banana split sundae counter had been. I served my new york bagels, and all appeared to be well...for a few seconds.

Then my app "hitched" again. All of a sudden, some of my food is back on my ovens, the counter I cleared is back, the counters I moved were back where they used to be, and the serving count on my two lowest counters were back to what they had been before the first hitch. The problem? Since some of my bagels were still served, they were now occupying the counter that had had banana split sundaes on them!

So the upshot is, the game took away all my banana split sundaes, which I think was over 400K in profit--100's of thousands at least. And my bagels are no longer on a granite counter as I wanted them to be, but are now stuck on a regular counter till they sell out, which will probably be a couple years from now.

I don't know what is going on, but this is really messed up. If I have to keep re-serving food because of these hitches, it's only mildly annoying, but losing all our nightly progress and having the game clear off a counter we didn't tell it to clear is much worse!!

I am on iOS playing the latest version of BS.

primerib
05-25-12, 07:50 AM
Sorry this is going to be a bit long to explain, but after seeing this glitch over and over, and now losing tons of unsold food, I need to report it.

Many times after I have just opened BS (or RS or FS) and stared doing things--usually serving food off my appliances--the app will hitch, and all of a sudden some, but not all, of my food will be back on the appliances. Once when the app hitched, the counter I was looking at reverted to the number of servings it had the previous night (the last time I had the app open). I'm guessing I lost all the progress of what I sold overnight, which is extremely annoying since I have ~75-80 counters and I really want to get rid of many of them but food sells so slowly.

I just reported this exact same problem in the RS forum. The bug has existed for a long time, has been reported multiple times, and STILL hasn't been resolved. A few minutes ago the game reset on me, AGAIN, 3 times in a row. On the last reset, all the food I cooked overnight magically vanished. Appliances that didn't even have food cooking all of a sudden has spoiled food on them and I noticed my food progress meter for that food had been pushed back. It's ridiculous this bug still hasn't been fixed! There's absolutely no excuse. However, it IS nice to know that TL doesn't think it's important to fix no matter how much money/gems/progress/etc is lost for who knows how many players. I've seen many posts saying people will not purchase gems until this and other major bugs are fixed. GOOD! When it finally starts affecting their wallet, maybe they'll start listening.

GroovyRuss
05-25-12, 05:16 PM
best way to keep it from happening is to force quit the BS app when you will be away from it for more than a few minutes
it forces a server side save.

Cranberry98Juice
05-27-12, 06:30 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8157/7283463330_3b1446e758_m.jpg

OMG, HOWMANY OVENS CAN WE OWN.

ameliemae
05-28-12, 07:26 AM
I just reported this exact same problem in the RS forum. The bug has existed for a long time, has been reported multiple times, and STILL hasn't been resolved. A few minutes ago the game reset on me, AGAIN, 3 times in a row. On the last reset, all the food I cooked overnight magically vanished. Appliances that didn't even have food cooking all of a sudden has spoiled food on them and I noticed my food progress meter for that food had been pushed back. It's ridiculous this bug still hasn't been fixed! There's absolutely no excuse. However, it IS nice to know that TL doesn't think it's important to fix no matter how much money/gems/progress/etc is lost for who knows how many players. I've seen many posts saying people will not purchase gems until this and other major bugs are fixed. GOOD! When it finally starts affecting their wallet, maybe they'll start listening.

WHOA. I thought i was the only one! my food vanished countless times by now already! it's so frustrating. i already reinstall, restart my phone, etc. And today i just lost liberty cookies i just baked

choaticramblings
06-16-12, 02:22 PM
This happened to me too. I also lost 2 new freezer machines that I had just assembled. They disappeared when I deleted a comment on my wall; but I wasn't refunded the coins it cost to purchase them. I checked my inventory and they weren't in there either. Shut down the app (force close) & restarted. Was able to build my machines this time. The other machines & coins were just a complete loss though. :(

kooky panda
06-16-12, 02:25 PM
when you come into your game before purchasing, collecting or serving food, always let all the pop ups come up and maybe go visit someone first.
After you have been out of your game, it will go dormant and it takes a few seconds for your game to catch up with the servers and save your progress.

chabsbakery
06-19-12, 06:56 PM
I am quitting this game. I'm level 98 but this is just ridiculous -- food spoiled in the morning when you know you cooked food the night before. I play the game in 5 iPads and I'm done with it

mattyboo1
06-19-12, 07:19 PM

I have I problems what are people talking about

mattyboo1
06-19-12, 07:20 PM
I have No problems what are people talking about

EDIT look at quote I have no problems

skylancaleb
06-23-12, 05:39 AM
I just had the exact thing happen to me...again... I set up my bakery last night to bake while I slept, woke up this morning, and had a bunch of spoiled food. It had taken me BACK to what I had previously done earlier in the evening. I am getting tired of the server sync or whatever it is not working. They really need to fix this bug.

trace35
06-23-12, 06:23 AM
when you come into your game before purchasing, collecting or serving food, always let all the pop ups come up and maybe go visit someone first.
After you have been out of your game, it will go dormant and it takes a few seconds for your game to catch up with the servers and save your progress.

Good advice kooky, but isn't it weird how the server records and keeps the amount of coins we spend, but not the food we spend it on? If it was simply a matter of bad wi fi connection or a server saving problem it would save or not save everything?! That is not whats happening. It is saving the coins we spend, but not what we are spending them on! Why has this not been fixed!!??