PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel like I wasted 36 gems on the makeup counter

Brendi9885
05-24-12, 07:03 PM
:mad: I could have used the gems for a specialty box, or even tiles!

Dabag
05-24-12, 07:24 PM
Because, like the rest of us that bought into it, you figured it was really really special.
Like really expensive make-up & perfumes in fancy jars.
Instead we got department store make-up 1hr.
I still feel the pain

ariesblu
05-24-12, 07:29 PM
I don't know what to say - it hasn't come to Android yet, and anyway it never intrigued me to obtain one of I could. Maybe later tl will make it worth your while to have one.

dala12
05-26-12, 09:35 AM
Thank you for letting us know that it isn't so special!

fastcatiecat
05-26-12, 09:51 AM
Are you able to get gems for displaying makeup? If so was wondering how many gems were possible to get with makeup counter? I too was thinking about getting the counter but unless I can recover the cost of gems plus some I don't want to get it.

hushkat
05-26-12, 09:56 AM
there are currently four makeup items available to order through the makeup counter. Just like the regular clothing items, you get a gem when you reach the second hanger, and another gem when you reach the fourth hanger. So it is possible to get 8 gems back with the current makeup items. I'm hopeful that eventually TL will add some more makeup to the counter.

dala12
05-26-12, 10:03 AM
That is why I wanted to buy one! Perhaps I just go for it!

seanboals
05-26-12, 03:33 PM
I've asked others about it. So far everybody says it's not worth the time or the effort. Better to focus on keeping things stocked and buy something else.

newstarr
05-28-12, 07:21 PM
Wish I read this first! What a waste! They need to add more items with different times. I can't ever do 1 hour. I need 8 - 12 hours. I have a real life!

laVirtualCloset
05-29-12, 11:26 AM
hi guys, I am one purchaser who's happy with the purchase of my make-up counter. It's a decorative item for 36 gems and you get the opportuity to recoup up to 8 gems through mastering the items and its the only place you can get those specific items.

Considering some of the unappealing stuff one can get from the boxes (remember steel roses anyone for 24 gems), I don't quite understand the level of disappointment with the make-up counter. You're essentially buying another catalog slot. Perhaps one day they will add other items but currently its the only place you can get the 4 that are offered. Yes the Be Mine Catalog had eye shadow and a bottle of cologne but those items were limited offers which are completely unavailable to players who started a couple of months ago. Even if they were offered now or you stock piled when offered, the make-up counter items are only offered there. If we can purchase those red, blue, and green looking jeans which are essentially the same pair of pants but different colors then what's "criminal" about the items in the make-up counter?

Ultimately, you should buy it if you want but considering the gem price of a lot of the box and limited offer items, I don't think the make-up counter is any more of a waste. At least you go in knowing exactly what you're purchasing . . . unlike the boxes which many consider to be a gamble.

laVirtualCloset
05-29-12, 11:30 AM
Wish I read this first! What a waste! They need to add more items with different times. I can't ever do 1 hour. I need 8 - 12 hours. I have a real life!

I hear ya; the only items that tend to expire on me are the make-up items so sometimes I wish there were longer offerings. However, its not a top priority for me. Consider there are so many complaints regarding the length of time new catalogs take (8 - 22 hours), that it's nice to have a short ordered item. It seems TL won't be able to please everyone. One day its shorter items please . . . today its 8 - 12 hours please.

dri2011
05-29-12, 11:59 AM
I thought it was worth for me, the counter is beautiful and we can build a pretty makeup section there...
However I wouldn't like to have longer time catalogs for makeup counter, because we can only order 1 item per counter. It took me 2/3 months or so to master that one catalog (assuming I wanted to have some breaks once in a while), so it would take me a year to master a longer time catalog... :-/

laVirtualCloset
05-29-12, 12:15 PM
I thought it was worth for me, the counter is beautiful and we can build a pretty makeup section there...
However I wouldn't like to have longer time catalogs for makeup counter, because we can only order 1 item per counter. It took me 2/3 months or so to master that one catalog (assuming I wanted to have some breaks once in a while), so it would take me a year to master a longer time catalog... :-/

Great point!

t_to_the_max
05-29-12, 12:52 PM
I don't know what to say - it hasn't come to Android yet, and anyway it never intrigued me to obtain one if I could.
Definitely true

zoom27
06-13-12, 02:13 PM
I bought 2 make up counters. Never thought of them as a waste even when I'm not ordering anything.
It gives my boutique a different decor and I can always order some makeups so it has some function other than a decoration purposes.
I'll like a new makeup catalog though gives a nice change ;)

mushroom79
06-15-12, 06:04 AM
I hear ya; the only items that tend to expire on me are the make-up items so sometimes I wish there were longer offerings. However, its not a top priority for me. Consider there are so many complaints regarding the length of time new catalogs take (8 - 22 hours), that it's nice to have a short ordered item. It seems TL won't be able to please everyone. One day its shorter items please . . . today its 8 - 12 hours please.

Ok, since there is only one slot, it will take donkey years to master a makeup that is 8-22hrs. So 1 hr is good. But we all have a working or schooling life and we need to sleep! so 1h will always end up expiring!
I have a suggestion. Can we keep to the 1hr catalogues. But then, can TL make it such that the make up catalogues NEVER expires? this would be a win-win situation. Ultimately, we all paid GEMS, 36 in fact for the counter!

And can we pls have more updates to the catalogs? Nail polish, skin care, hair care, eyeliner, perfume, foundation, loose powder, mascara etc pls!!!!!

linp825
06-15-12, 06:25 PM
I like it it gives u 5 stars when u order AND when u place items. I like the makeup but wd be cool if they added perfumes or some other new stuff.

brina913
06-16-12, 09:04 PM
It's really pretty but it does need some items that take longer. And I've found that when something is done and I want to place it I usually don't get to choose where it goes. It finds a random empty counter. Irritating since I bought gold counters for the makeup to go on. I'm glad I spent the gems though for the most part.

girlbieber
06-16-12, 09:52 PM
This is why I dint plan on buying a make-up counter

browneyedgurrl
06-16-12, 10:05 PM
Brina913, try this next time you need to place a makeup item. Open your design catalog, click on one of the tabs inside it (don't accidentally buy something in the process!--I did that once), close your design catalog and THEN place your item. It lets you pick where to put the makeup item then. The makeup counter has a glitch and that is supposedly the workaround. It works for me every time.

sourlicorice2
06-16-12, 10:09 PM
hi guys, I am one purchaser who's happy with the purchase of my make-up counter. It's a decorative item for 36 gems and you get the opportuity to recoup up to 8 gems through mastering the items and its the only place you can get those specific items.

Considering some of the unappealing stuff one can get from the boxes (remember steel roses anyone for 24 gems), I don't quite understand the level of disappointment with the make-up counter. You're essentially buying another catalog slot. Perhaps one day they will add other items but currently its the only place you can get the 4 that are offered. Yes the Be Mine Catalog had eye shadow and a bottle of cologne but those items were limited offers which are completely unavailable to players who started a couple of months ago. Even if they were offered now or you stock piled when offered, the make-up counter items are only offered there. If we can purchase those red, blue, and green looking jeans which are essentially the same pair of pants but different colors then what's "criminal" about the items in the make-up counter?

Ultimately, you should buy it if you want but considering the gem price of a lot of the box and limited offer items, I don't think the make-up counter is any more of a waste. At least you go in knowing exactly what you're purchasing . . . unlike the boxes which many consider to be a gamble.

I'd have to agree. I like it especially now that the glitch is finally fixed on it. Though I do hope new items are added to it soon.

sourlicorice2
06-16-12, 10:11 PM
It's really pretty but it does need some items that take longer. And I've found that when something is done and I want to place it I usually don't get to choose where it goes. It finds a random empty counter. Irritating since I bought gold counters for the makeup to go on. I'm glad I spent the gems though for the most part.

That must be a glitch. I can place mine on whatever empty counter I want to.

linp825
06-17-12, 01:22 PM
Cool I was wondering about that (but it still gave me stars so not too bad) but its good to know I will try that next time : )

brina913
06-17-12, 03:55 PM
Thanks browneyedgurrl! I'm going to try it as soon as my blush is ready :)

rengirl1978
06-18-12, 12:01 AM
If I tap too quickly, it will go to whatever counter, but if I tap once, then wait and tap again, it will let me choose. So try not to get tap happy when placing the make-up items!
The only downside I found to the counter was all the {}you had to ask your neighbors for to build it! Glitter and glass, and whatever else. But so far I like it. And your neighbors can "like" the items from it, so that is cool too.

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
02-26-13, 05:54 AM
Brina913, try this next time you need to place a makeup item. Open your design catalog, click on one of the tabs inside it (don't accidentally buy something in the process!--I did that once), close your design catalog and THEN place your item. It lets you pick where to put the makeup item then. The makeup counter has a glitch and that is supposedly the workaround. It works for me every time.

I've noticed the only time I am unable to choose where to place the makeup item is when I'm collecting likes (thumbs) and I click the makeup counter right after or while I'm collecting likes; in which case I have to remember to always collect and place the makeup first. (Otherwise going into design mode after collecting seems to reset the makeup counter and allow me to place the item where I choose.)

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
02-26-13, 06:01 AM
Despite the obvious complaints I like the makeup counter, but I accidentally spent all my gems to recover the 1 hr item! Ugh. It seems like the recovery options are backwards bc I just clicked (by habit) what I thought was don't recover items without reading it and lost gems. Idk how many gems it cost either, but I'm guessing it was between 8-16! Anybody know? Can't remember how many gems I had...

mixeddesires
02-26-13, 07:00 AM
I know this is fashion story, but this is exactly how i felt with the bakery story and restaurant story "specialty" ovens, grills, stoves and the many "idiotic" "waste of time" appliances that take so much effort to build and then only have 1 or 2 options to cook and serve! though i have an android device, i appreciate the advice on not wasting gems, coins, or time on anymore specialty or unique edition items lol!

mamareader02
02-26-13, 08:00 AM
Mastered the catalog a loooooooonnnnggg time ago-seriously,we need more available catalogs in there!

lillykittymeow
02-26-13, 08:15 AM
Oh I would've bought the make-up counter even if it was just a decoration. It's so pretty :)

The glitch is VERY annoying sometimes though.

rainbowcupcakeee
02-26-13, 10:08 PM
i wouldnt think the make up counter a waste of gems if i think of it as a decoration.i just think it sat there on the corner as a display. even some decorative display cost 48-50 gems.

jojopeanut
02-26-13, 11:28 PM
If I were able to get I would. Android player Im happy that at least I can see it in shops and other items that TL use to block from us Android players seeing.

On the placement issue I read about if you only had one empty counter in your shop at the time or all full counters and the counters already had some MU on them then it would only have that spot to go?

Baraze
02-26-13, 11:30 PM
I felt the same way after about two weeks of getting it, when i switched over to ios. Like some said i just view it as a fancy counterpart to the perfume display. I dont even do the makeup. Cant check in every hour and it yields too little product.

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
02-28-13, 01:25 AM
Despite the obvious complaints I like the makeup counter, but I accidentally spent all my gems to recover the 1 hr item! Ugh. It seems like the recovery options are backwards bc I just clicked (by habit) what I thought was don't recover items without reading it and lost gems. Idk how many gems it cost either, but I'm guessing it was between 8-16! Anybody know? Can't remember how many gems I had...

Expired again today and it costs only 5 gems... Must have had less than I thought

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
02-28-13, 01:28 AM
I felt the same way after about two weeks of getting it, when i switched over to ios. Like some said i just view it as a fancy counterpart to the perfume display. I dont even do the makeup. Cant check in every hour and it yields too little product.

I just do the one hr on weekends when I have time to do nothing but sit around and block the counter that I put the makeup on so it accumulates until I master it. It takes forever, but if the counter is blocked it doesn't matter:)

rainedrop101
02-28-13, 10:21 AM
WOW I would love to buy the makeup counter! I have Android so I cant but another opportunity to have a cool decorative item that I can earn more gems with would be much appreciated by me. Please implement this for Android soon.

yenichic
03-05-13, 04:51 AM
Absolutely agree with everything you said! I just bought one and I am happier with it than the purple trampoline that cost me 24 gems, from I guess the gym bag chest as it was a tricky-pop-up-crafty-buy! - Still reeling from that :-))

yenichic
03-05-13, 04:53 AM

Absolutely agree with everything you said! I just bought one and I am happier with it than the purple trampoline that cost me 24 gems, from I guess the gym bag chest as it was a tricky-pop-up-crafty-buy! - Still reeling from that :-))

IsisGarden
03-05-13, 08:23 AM
I feel the same way after getting Fashion Story in my IPad instead my Android phone. I wasted my 36 gems.

sweet_nai
03-05-13, 01:39 PM
Make-up counter is the only one that offers new products?

Christiana12345
03-09-13, 04:23 PM
Maybe cause its so not worth it. Srry TL, I rather buy the mystery boxes ( or whatever u call them ) with only the six place prize than the makeup counter. I barley use it. I need 8-22 hour stuff. I ended up storing it. If I didn't spend it, I could have finished my spring display,.....for now, no spring.

misssan
03-11-13, 02:48 AM
Because you did! Lipstick etc one hour waaaaaah stupid!

west12345
03-11-13, 09:58 AM
Are you able to purchase a makeup counter if you use an Android system? I have never had the option.

west12345
03-11-13, 10:00 AM
Agree!

maguar
03-11-13, 02:27 PM
Are you able to purchase a makeup counter if you use an Android system? I have never had the option.

The makeup counter is only available on iOS.