PDA

View Full Version : Ever play when you're half asleep and...

scorpiodiner
05-23-12, 06:52 PM
...Awkwardly mistake a Morning Cheer on the stove for a tip on a table? Just did that myself, haha. Any other stories of goofy mistakes in the game?

kooky panda
05-23-12, 06:57 PM
When I first started playing farm story (and it went social) I was visiting someone but forgot to come home. When I went back on the game, I thought I was on my farm and I email support telling them someone stole my farm!!!

Of course went back later and realized what I had done and had to send a "oops" email back to support. lol

ThorVII
05-23-12, 07:23 PM
When I first started playing farm story (and it went social) I was visiting someone but forgot to come home. When I went back on the game, I thought I was on my farm and I email support telling them someone stole my farm!!!

Of c?ourse went back later and realized what I had done and had to send a "oops" email back to support. lol
Thats pretty funny

sunstorm01
05-23-12, 07:32 PM
Omg!! And they made you a mod?!!!! Hahaha. That's sounds like about the right criteria! Lol. Sorry sweety- we all know you're the best thing in this place and honestly if they didn't have you sorting out everyone's problems.. Well.. There'd be no point of the forum. You're da best and we all luv ya. They really should consider awarding you for your efforts.. Just saying.

pinkster73
05-23-12, 08:01 PM
Oh god, I would need a lot of space to list the dumb stuff I've done.

One time I freaked out thinking gems were deducted when it turned out I just can't count. Of course I had already posted in a few threads how my gems disappeared and pmed GM, so I had to go back and admit I can't add and retract my posts.

It took me along time to figure out why all these silly people kept sending me dog bowls. Couldn't they see I don't have a dog? :p:p

pinkster73
05-23-12, 08:03 PM
I've also done a few awesome auto corrects on the forum.

driftboutique
05-23-12, 08:45 PM
Fashion was my first game and I didn't really get the concept of "liking" things right away. I would visit someone's boutique, look around, and tap on the things I actually, personally liked. Sometimes I would go to boutiques and not tap on anything. It sounds really dumb now, but I just did not grasp the concept :rolleyes:

Also, one time I had to email support because I couldn't figure out what I had spent my gems on. I was like, "I bought that purple dress, and then something happened, and gems were missing!" and they were like "uh, would those be the gems you used to buy the purple dress?" Yes, yes they were.

viviansmo
05-23-12, 09:25 PM
It took me a while once, when I was tired, to figure out why I couldn't plant the trees on my plowed land.

And then there was the planting of six primroses when I meant to plant some other flower entirely. And I did go the store, choose, then select plot route, so I can't even blame it on fat fingering the flower selection from the plowed land. Definitely sleepy on that one. Bye-bye gems... *sniff*

And posting "watered" on my own wall instead of neighbors.

greygull
05-23-12, 09:31 PM
I've accidentally declined people's requests with eyes half open. By the time I realized I've done it, I don't remember who it was, or what they wanted. Thankfully I've only done that about twice.

pinkster73
05-23-12, 09:37 PM
I've woken up and gifted during the night and not remembered, then I try to gift everyone in the morning.

nmishii
05-23-12, 09:58 PM
When I first downloaded Farm, I had no idea how to play and didn't want to read the FAQ. So I tapped around. I planted 10 red roses. Then I tapped around some more and saw that you buy gems with real money and coins with gems. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. It started me from the beginning and I had 10 gems. I think maybe because I didn't create a Storm8 ID?

I've posted to farm neighbors that I tipped them and RS/BS neighbors that I watered them. I don't tip/water at any set time; sometimes I'll do it right after I gift after reset, sometimes I'll start at 10 pm, and other times somewhere inbetween. So I put a day in my post. I've messed up on that one a lot. One Friday night I posted on several neighbor's wall that it was Thursday, until sourlicorice, who is a day ahead, posted that it was Saturday where she was. I've also posted "watered" or "tipped" on my wall instead of my neighbor's.

nmishii
05-23-12, 10:05 PM
I fell asleep in RS once with my fingers on the screen and woke up and had bought a box. Fortunately I liked what I got. I couldn't figure that one out because there was no way I could have tapped in the right places in my sleep to buy a box. Then way later I instantly finished food with my finger hovering over an appliance, without touching the screen. I think the heat from my fingers triggers a number of taps, and TL interprets those taps to what they want me to tap on in that area of the screen.

27Redd
05-23-12, 10:12 PM
I've done the "drop the phone on my face" thing many times because I am falling asleep :)

nmishii
05-23-12, 10:30 PM
Oh, 27Redd, you reminded me on another one.

I have a poor 3G and no internet connection at work. Usually my posts show up two or three times on a wall. Once I tipped 27Redd and tried to post on her wall. It wouldn't let me see her wall posts. The connection hung in "Processing..." so I exited out and tried to post again. It did that about a bunch more times, all the time I couldn't see the posts on her wall. Then I was about to try again and the wall posts appeared. I had just spammed her wall with 10-15 or more "tipped" messages.

driftboutique
05-23-12, 10:35 PM
I've done the "drop the phone on my face" thing many times because I am falling asleep :)

Try that with an iPad a couple times :eek:

I honestly thought I knocked out some teeth. Hello! I need those teeth for biting things!

rengirl1978
05-23-12, 11:35 PM
When just came home from back surgery in Feb I don't know how many full racks of clothes, or full counters of food I deleted due to playing while on heavy narcotics!!

And I have also osted on my own wall thinking I was posting on someone else's wall.

driftboutique
05-24-12, 08:42 AM
Try that with an iPad a couple times :eek:

I honestly thought I knocked out some teeth. Hello! I need those teeth for biting things!

This is a shining example of why I shouldn't play or post after taking my sleeping pills. Yeah.

anmu11
05-24-12, 10:08 AM
My first TL game was farm story. When the game told me to invite neighbors I didn't have a clou how to find people. So I just started to guess stomid's that I suspected would exist. Common names like 'Maria' or 'John' , sometimes combined with a number. Ofcourse I got a lot of messages telling me 'there's no one with this stormid'. But I kept on trying and by guessing I managed to invite quite a bit of neighbors. Unfortunately, most of them not longer playing. So now I still have 11 pending invites in farm story :( lol

Another mistake I made is in restaurant & bakery. I started these games around the same time. I played for about a month and then I went on a holiday for a week. Afraid of letting the food spoil on the counters, I cleared all my counters....

Oh well.. You live and learn lol

Supa322
05-24-12, 09:51 PM
I have removed friends accidentally, instantly finished really short dishes, cleared counters, bought big items for gems because I always play right before settling in for bed. I have sleep apnea so I fall asleep really easily. Oh, and how can I forget buying coins for gems when I already have a ton already! Frustrating!

elephants_rox
05-25-12, 04:31 AM
I've accidentally deleted nbrs too, have cleared away appliances with food still cooking on them, posted messages mid-sentence because I accidentally hit the send button before I was finis-

izzabellaT
05-25-12, 07:29 AM
When I first started playing, I used to fall asleep cooking and serving 5-10 minute dishes over and over again back to back...I also didn't understand that "full" meant no room to tip & would leave it on all the walls of everyone tipped. I thought it was a way to compliment that I ate & was now full or stuffed.

elephants_rox
05-25-12, 08:06 AM
When I first started playing, I used to fall asleep cooking and serving 5-10 minute dishes over and over again back to back...I also didn't understand that "full" meant no room to tip & would leave it on all the walls of everyone tipped. I thought it was a way to compliment that I ate & was now full or stuffed.

Love it

muggapug
05-25-12, 08:20 AM
I tend to click too fast and not notice when pending gifts move up a notch on my list. I end up declining chicken and accepting French toast. I also have not noticed when the menu resets to a different page so I start cooking something I didn't intend to.

anmu11
05-25-12, 09:06 AM

That's cute!

moda999
05-25-12, 03:13 PM
Love all these. Really made me laugh as made most of these errors myself.

mattyboo1
05-25-12, 03:20 PM
fashion was my first game and i didn't really get the concept of "liking" things right away. I would visit someone's boutique, look around, and tap on the things i actually, personally liked. Sometimes i would go to boutiques and not tap on anything. It sounds really dumb now, but i just did not grasp the concept :rolleyes:

Also, one time i had to email support because i couldn't figure out what i had spent my gems on. I was like, "i bought that purple dress, and then something happened, and gems were missing!" and they were like "uh, would those be the gems you used to buy the purple dress?" yes, yes they were.
wow...

mattyboo1
05-25-12, 03:24 PM
Well I spent 100 gems for 100k coins but I wa side awake then and it was an accidental tap

cubsrock1908
05-25-12, 04:44 PM
Yes I play when I'm half asl- zzzzzz....zzzz...

driftboutique
05-25-12, 04:55 PM
wow...

What do you mean?

jojopeanut
05-25-12, 06:06 PM
hahaha..When I first started playing fashion I didn't get the tipping concept myself so when half/asleep I would come to my store and people liked my stuff. I thought It was the developers or the game somehow saying thumbs-up good job on making those items. So once I tapped on one I tapped to many tiimes and ended up clearing the rack so then I just left my likes alone.lol..and thought why would they make game that is "saying good job thumbs up but click on this and poof you items are gone."lol But I also have half asleep long after that accidently cleared racks while half asleep. They TL really does need to almost do away with the tap to manage feature..

DAmanding
05-26-12, 09:22 AM
The daily reset is 2 am for me and I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night to gift and clear tables, or take care of a food item that I forgot to plan the timing well for and it would otherwise rot before I wake up in the morning. Usually I plan my food so that it will all last til morning for those times when I turn off my alarm and go back to sleep without realizing it. As a result I frequently forget to send any special gift requests because I'm still half asleep. This is particularly bad when I sometimes forget for several days in a row to a neighbor who has been desperately begging on my wall every day for some specialty part a couple of weeks after everyone else finished needing them. I've done this a few times, mostly with one neighbor in particular. This poor neighbor has over 200 neighbors herself and keeps trying to send parts requests to all at once which clogs up her system every time and then she gets nothing for days until she stops sending requests. As I'm one of her best neighbors she tips me daily and often comes to me for help.

Fortunately I don't wake up just to do this every day, especially if its a food gift day. I have a number of neighbors who prefer food gifts, though most prefer parts. Rather than trying to keep track of who wanted what (which I did for quite awhile, it got too hard), I just alternate gifts. I often do two days of parts, then one day food gifts. Sometimes one day parts, one day food. If we have a new appliance that requires a lot of specialty parts I'll even go three days parts before one day food. By that point my two most die hard food neighbors start posting notes on my wall and my other foodies are back to responding with food instead of parts. :D Rarely if the parts requests are still coming in strong after three days, I'll do a fourth day of parts for the new appliance and just gift food to my foodies. Since more neighbors prefer parts I sleep in on food gift days cause most are not going to miss anything they really wanted that day anyway and the food gift neighbors don't fill up on gifts as fast. All my neighbors have varying tolerances to receiving both food and parts fortunately so I manage to keep them all reasonably happy this way.

scorpiodiner
05-30-12, 07:48 AM
...I definitely had a dream last night about eating Egg Bread.

yupiyupigumgum
05-31-12, 07:49 AM
I wrote 'played' in my neighbor's wall and realized the next morning that I was On Zoo story 2 , not pet shop story.

cupidpokey
06-04-12, 11:00 AM
When I'm tired I am always baking something that I didn't want.

cupidpokey
06-04-12, 11:02 AM
I often bake something I don't want when I'm tired.

rubikrox
06-06-12, 05:10 PM
My first TL game was Pet Shop. Once I crossbreeded something(forgot what) and then fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night to place. In the morning I woke up and freaked because I thought that i hadnt placed or something. I was like flinf off the blanket and rush to the charger!