PDA

View Full Version : Expanding Land

alabamadaisy
05-22-12, 08:51 AM
Why when I expand my land do trees and shrooms grow on it and it costs me $5,000 to remove the tree and and $25 to removed the shroom. The whole point of spending $2,000 to expand is so I can add more dragon stuff. Not to constantly have to keep removing shrooms and shrubs!

Please fix or i'm uninstalling!

haymk
05-22-12, 09:03 AM
I don't know what you mean and what do you want?

kattybell
05-22-12, 09:06 AM
It's a part of the game to remove the "extra pieces of land," at least we get xp for it. :(

RotomGuy
05-22-12, 09:06 AM
He wants the debs to remove the things you have to clear... Sorry, but that's not going to happen. If you bought some land in real life, you've got to expect some unwanted foliage.

alabamadaisy
05-22-12, 09:07 AM
I just expanded a piece of land in dragon store to be able to add another habitat. After it finished a bunch of trees and shrooms were on it. When I went to "clear" them, the tree that's on the land- a Weed Willow, costs $5,000 to remove. I was just wondering, why when I bought new land does it cost triple what I paid for the land to clear it up to use it.

alabamadaisy
05-22-12, 09:07 AM
It's a part of the game to remove the "extra pieces of land," at least we get xp for it. :(

True. Thanks kattybell.

apec714
05-22-12, 11:05 AM
I just expanded a piece of land in dragon store to be able to add another habitat. After it finished a bunch of trees and shrooms were on it. When I went to "clear" them, the tree that's on the land- a Weed Willow, costs $5,000 to remove. I was just wondering, why when I bought new land does it cost triple what I paid for the land to clear it up to use it.

If you think that's bad I'll gladly trade you how much it costs me to expand

DAmanding
05-22-12, 11:45 AM
I woke up this morning to find a completed expansion with a tree on it that cost 25,000 to clear. Ouch. >.<

kattybell
05-22-12, 12:06 PM
I have a wretch rock which takes $100,000.

driftboutique
05-22-12, 12:15 PM
Am I the only one who likes clearing land? :eek:

alabamadaisy
05-22-12, 12:33 PM

No your not but I thought I was just going out of my mind. I'm glad (well not glad) to see that it wasn't just my device. I hope they do something to fix it soon but I do still like the game

alabamadaisy
05-22-12, 12:34 PM
Geez!! Wow! I haven't gotten to that yet. I hope they will fix it soon! If not, I guess oh well. I still kind of like the game.

alabamadaisy
05-22-12, 12:34 PM
WOW!!!!! Ok, well geez! I almost don't want to pay to expand. I might just keep a little town of dragons lol. I hope they fix it soon

kooky panda
05-22-12, 01:24 PM

I like it. It gives me something extra to do on the game.

apec714
05-22-12, 02:14 PM
I like it. It gives me something extra to do on the game.

I don't think people are understanding how this works, they want the whole map cleared and 999,999 gold a diamond habitat with a diamond dragon right from the start.

Imagine if you did have to clear the shrub this game would be so so so boring there would really be nothing to do but check in every hr and collect.

People if your going to point out flaws make sure they are legit event things this for sure isn't one of them

apec714
05-22-12, 02:18 PM
I don't think people are understanding how this works, they want the whole map cleared and 999,999 gold a diamond habitat with a diamond dragon right from the start.

Imagine if you did have to clear the shrub this game would be so so so boring there would really be nothing to do but check in every hr and collect.

People if your going to point out flaws make sure they are legit event things this for sure isn't one of them

"*edit* imagine if you didn't have to clear shrub"

"*edit* if your going to point out flaws make sure they are legitimate things for sure this isn't one"

jcas6314
05-22-12, 02:19 PM
I agree with you 100%.

The only other game that I play is Bakery, and I am maxed level 4's on everything. I just sit and wait for Thursday to get an update, and it's almost not fun anymore. This IS going slow to start, and it takes awhile to make money and get good dragons, but I love it! Keeps me busy, and I'm not mastering everything in 1 day like BS.

And I swear, it doesn't matter what TL does or what a neat game it is - people are still going to find ways to complain that it's not good enough. I don't understand why people play if it bothers them that much!

jcas6314
05-22-12, 02:21 PM
I was agreeing with apec714 btw when he said:

"I don't think people are understanding how this works, they want the whole map cleared and 999,999 gold a diamond habitat with a diamond dragon right from the start.

People if your going to point out flaws make sure they are legit event things this for sure isn't one of them"

viviansmo
05-22-12, 02:42 PM
I like it too... although I kind of wish we could get a small return on "clearing" our new land... for example, we pay to buy the land, then we pay to clear it. but can the cleared items go into our (currently non-existent) inventory so we can then sell them for a percentage (10% of what it cost to clear) or use them to actually decorate? I think some of the shrubs look pretty, and that would still reflect "real life" so to speak... if I buy land for real, and I clear it, I may want to save a tree or two or I may sell the debris to a mulching company, etc.

driftboutique
05-22-12, 03:05 PM
I like it too... although I kind of wish we could get a small return on "clearing" our new land... for example, we pay to buy the land, then we pay to clear it. but can the cleared items go into our (currently non-existent) inventory so we can then sell them for a percentage (10% of what it cost to clear) or use them to actually decorate? I think some of the shrubs look pretty, and that would still reflect "real life" so to speak... if I buy land for real, and I clear it, I may want to save a tree or two or I may sell the debris to a mulching company, etc.

Ooh, that's a cool idea. I would especially like to place some trees and small rocks as decorative items.

moonlightknight
05-22-12, 03:27 PM
I like it too I just don't like how long it takes. I really wish TL would just get rid of the wait time for shrubs and stuff. I think its unnessasary with the fact that it takes so much coin to clear the shrubs

imberyo11
05-22-12, 04:31 PM
I like it too I just don't like how long it takes. I really wish TL would just get rid of the wait time for shrubs and stuff. I think its unnessasary with the fact that it takes so much coin to clear the shrubs

100% agree. If it is so expensive to clear, it shouldn't take so long....

justinbieber4444
05-25-12, 07:00 PM
Ok, is this a flaw or a game design? I have discovered that I cannot move items from one "island" on my home screen to another "island" that I am clearing. Please tell me this is a flaw that will be fixed!!!!!!!

justinbieber4444
05-25-12, 07:27 PM
Ok, got it, you can move it it just takes a little effort

friscosharkboy
05-26-12, 12:12 PM
Where is the wretch rock located? I would like that space to be the last one I expand.

CampingTime
05-26-12, 12:36 PM
I do not mind the clearing of land; like someone said, it does equal XP. That said, $100,000 for clearing a wretch rock is a bit pricey!

mattyboo1
05-26-12, 12:42 PM
Clearing land doesn't thrill me but it's ok

SlightlyJaded
05-26-12, 03:02 PM
Where is the wretch rock located? I would like that space to be the last one I expand.

The wretch rock is on the main island in the top left hand corner. Two spaces over and one back from the waterfall.��

CampingTime
05-26-12, 06:34 PM
The wretch rock is on the main island in the top left hand corner. Two spaces over and one back from the waterfall.��

Just cleared the wretch rock, and it gave 167 XP.

maguar
05-26-12, 06:48 PM

There's a couple of them that I've seen when visiting. I can only remember on in the top left corner of the top island

Fly_Ty
05-27-12, 10:37 AM
Can I roll back my game to stop a tree from being cleared? I accidentally hit clear but I don't want to do so and speed up is my only option.

moonlightknight
05-27-12, 11:02 AM
No sadly

zoroak
05-27-12, 11:06 AM
I don't mind paying large amt of coins to expand, paying and waiting to clear rocks and trees and even requesting for mystic maps. My issue is that at the moment, I'm at a stage where I require 32 maps and TL games only allow 20 requests accepted per day so I need to wait 2 days to clear 1 small patch, excluding the time it takes to clear vegetation which can take a day. 3 days per tiny patch on the second island really limits what I can do especially since I would like to decorate the second island. Please consider increasing the limit of requests accepted on the game per day or reduce the number of mystic maps required. I can't imagine the number of maps required to clear a square in the final island!

CampingTime
05-27-12, 11:49 AM
I don't mind paying large amt of coins to expand, paying and waiting to clear rocks and trees and even requesting for mystic maps. My issue is that at the moment, I'm at a stage where I require 32 maps and TL games only allow 20 requests accepted per day so I need to wait 2 days to clear 1 small patch, excluding the time it takes to clear vegetation which can take a day. 3 days per tiny patch on the second island really limits what I can do especially since I would like to decorate the second island. Please consider increasing the limit of requests accepted on the game per day or reduce the number of mystic maps required. I can't imagine the number of maps required to clear a square in the final island!

In another thread, there was a lot of talk about possible options for gifting, and food came up, but one of the moderators suggested, since so many maps would be needed to clear land deeper into the game, that perhaps food and maps should be added as giftable items.

I hope he does pass the suggestion along to the developers. The more I think about it, his idea makes tremendous sense!

nettedavid
05-30-12, 09:26 PM
Clearing land give me something to do while I'm waiting hours and hours for everything else in this game! It's not designed to keep you playing in one sitting - except to clear coins.

aurora829
01-10-13, 02:25 AM
My only question is: are we ever going to be able to remove that last patch on our main island? I dont think ive seen anyone with that patch removed.

tailsprower
01-10-13, 02:39 AM
I know everone here is complaning , but I to have to clear something worth 250000 but lets not forget , the game enables us to be happy for our hardwork , think of it like this :

1 . You would enjoy hardwork and meet new friends in the process .
2 . Wouldn't you get bored if you won't be able to do anything and like the other guy said , people want to start the game with 999999 gold , a diamond dragon or whatever , but remember hard work pays off .
3 . It's a game for us to enjoy ! not complain .
4 . I'm not trying to fight but pointing out something .

BTW i support the idea to be able to store it after you clear it so to be used as decor .

Darkstorm2
01-10-13, 03:51 AM
Just wait till your paying 1 million coins to expand and 800,000 to clear an object. And the process takes five days to get maps, expand, and clear.... Look back at this post and you'll laugh... It's just part of the game and helps slow it down so you don't finish right away. I just finished all expansions a few weeks ago. when did the game come out? I don't remember... But that's how long it took. Needless to say, I don't miss expanding...

Darkstorm2
01-10-13, 03:52 AM
My only question is: are we ever going to be able to remove that last patch on our main island? I dont think ive seen anyone with that patch removed.

Nope, you never will.. TL uses them as space holders for future updates...

Lolas_Kryptonite
01-10-13, 04:15 AM
Just wait till your paying 1 million coins to expand and 800,000 to clear an object. And the process takes five days to get maps, expand, and clear.... Look back at this post and you'll laugh... It's just part of the game and helps slow it down so you don't finish right away. I just finished all expansions a few weeks ago. when did the game come out? I don't remember... But that's how long it took. Needless to say, I don't miss expanding...

i have a question, i'm currently at 3 days/64 maps.... you mean to tell me this goes up? :(

onawing1
01-10-13, 04:23 AM
Well I am lvl 94, it cost me 360,000 and 64 maps to expand. (Ghats four days acquiring maps) then it takes me 70 hours to just get the trees and growth which cost me 800,000 clear.

Personally, I would love your troubles.

Trade???

Its all part of the fun and games we play.

davewin
01-10-13, 07:19 AM
Those $990000 rocks >:-(

Baraze
01-10-13, 06:21 PM
The 800,000 trees on the lower and third island are destroying me. I've sold or traded so many dragons because I can't keep up with my supply and demand for more space. I get that it's a part of the game but why must almost all of the games have things that are so overly expensive!

DragonHeart0
01-10-13, 06:48 PM
Aahhh, now I understand why I haven't seen a land fully developed yet ;o)

Nefertekas
01-11-13, 02:20 AM
Aahhh, now I understand why I haven't seen a land fully developed yet ;o)

Expanding has become very costly for lower levels, and very time-consuming for higher levels! But I gotta admit, even with my millions of coins I have a hard time clearing those 990k boulders or 800k trees. I used to have 11million, but now I'm back down to 8 million x)
It used to be cheaper to clear stuff, waaaaay cheaper! (And a tad faster too). I still had that one advantage when I began, in July. More recent players struggle for space and coins in the beginning of their games.