PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Dragon

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Darkstorm2
08-29-12, 04:44 AM
I think the percent chance to obtain a diamond dragon has also decreased as evidenced by my breeding attempts. For some reason they went from being prolific to uber unfun to breed... :( I have had multiple diamond eggs at a time, now, I can't even get a crusader...

PDAGuppies
08-29-12, 06:21 AM
Maybe, now that more people are trying to get the new dragons, we need to get the diamond first. But, so that the team lava company can earn money, they might have tried to make it harder to get the diamond dragon. Now, If someone tried to get a diamond dragon the person would have to buy it with gold and who has enough gold to buy one? So, people will buy gold from the company. This gets team lava money! So, I think that's why it's harder to get the diamond. What does everyone else think?

bahamamama12
08-29-12, 09:11 AM
You are absolutely right! TL is making it harder to get one, so that you will need to buy it, because after 200 tries you're so sick of failing that you just buy it. And people do buy it for that price. If they wouldn't, TL would make a sale on gold like in any other game, but they don't need to..

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
08-29-12, 09:16 AM
Out of curiosity I did the math on how much it would actually cost to buy the gold to purchase all the ultra rare diamond breeds. $400.00 REAL Cash out of your pocket to get dragons for a game that will eventually be nonexistent. That's right. As many people I've seen have islands FULL of diamonds and allthe new hybrids early on (like immediately after release dates) I'm guessing that the majority are probably purchased. $5-$20 here and there, sure...I get it. But I just can't fathom spending $400 on virtual creatures.

*all ultra rare diamonds dragons: 11,600 Gold | Buy 2900 Gold for $99.00 | 11,600 divided by 2900=4

PDAGuppies
08-29-12, 10:53 AM
What I was thinking was if this is how the diamond dragon bargade continues, dragon owners should come up with a new combination to get a diamond dragon. When TL makes new dragons we can't get them if we don't have the diamond dragon. I thought everyone who got the diamond dragon can write the combination they used to get the diamond dragon, then maybe after a while we can see which strategy works the most.

PDAGuppies
08-29-12, 10:54 AM
Also I forgot to add, just like GrEEn EyEd GoldiE said, it would cost a lot of real cash just four virtual dragons.

PDAGuppies
08-29-12, 01:26 PM
You are absolutely right! TL is making it harder to get one, so that you will need to buy it, because after 200 tries you're so sick of failing that you just buy it. And people do buy it for that price. If they wouldn't, TL would make a sale on gold like in any other game, but they don't need to.. in my opinion it isn't worth buying a dragon of any type for that much gold.

northsweets
08-29-12, 02:33 PM
The levels only matter to you. Its what levels works for you, the levels might be different for someone else. Everyone has to figure out what levels are best for themselves. People have told me in the past try this level or that and it nevers works out after 20 tries so little by little I leveled them up until I get what I want at the time and I found out level 8 and 7 works best for me. Atleast that is my theory.

PDAGuppies
08-29-12, 06:13 PM
The levels only matter to you. Its what levels works for you, the levels might be different for someone else. Everyone has to figure out what levels are best for themselves. People have told me in the past try this level or that and it nevers works out after 20 tries so little by little I leveled them up until I get what I want at the time and I found out level 8 and 7 works best for me. Atleast that is my theory. I'm sorry I'm a bit confused... �� by levels do you mean levels of the dragon or of your village?

northsweets
08-29-12, 06:15 PM
The levels only matter to you. Its what levels works for you, the levels might be different for someone else. Everyone has to figure out what levels are best for themselves. People have told me in the past try this level or that and it nevers works out after 20 tries so little by little I leveled them up until I get what I want at the time and I found out level 8 and 7 works best for me. Atleast that is my theory.

By level I mean the levels of dragons you use to breed them

PDAGuppies
08-29-12, 07:08 PM
By level I mean the levels of dragons you use to breed them

Oh now I get it. That's a pretty good theory. I never thought of it like that but now I think you may have a point.

Shylore
08-30-12, 10:24 PM
Well I'm in the has not category. And I will not spend my cash on a game of that I have no success in. I'm losing interest in it since every combo and level I try will not bring me a diamond. Took me a month at least to get Mistmoth, I did however get some others rares, so once I got that I attempted Parakeet still don't have it, gave up for Scorpion. Never got it. So, ive not got much hope of getting diamond. And sadly I'm playing it less and less. Why should I? I'm not a total glutton for diss appointment. But I'm also stubborn so I keep a combo going, I'm just not as committed.

gannicus88
08-31-12, 01:48 AM
I have been trying for months to get a diamond dragon and have been recording my breeding attempts.
I have tried a few different dragons that i know ppl have gotten a diamond with.

Level 10 Firestorm + Level 10 Island

1-Island
2-Fruitful
3-Fruitful
4-Life
5-Magic
6-Magic
7-Island
8-Life
9-Life
10-Firestorm
11-Life
12-Firestorm
13-Fruitful
14-Island
15-Eagle
16-Island
17-Fruitful
18-Wild
19-Firestorm
20-Firestorm
21-Life
22-Magic
23-Magic
24-Forestfire
25-Life
26-Fruitful
27-Life
28-Island
29-Mist
30-Island
31-Life
32-Firestorm

the list goes on and on all the way to 262 with a few rares here and there but mostly firestorm and island.

I also tried Level 10 Serpent and Level 10 Scorpion 188 times with similar results.
I have tried at least 10 other level/dragon variations countless times still no joy !

How unlucky am i ?
I am at the point where im not sure if its worth continuing and failing :/

Anyone else tried as many times as me ???

bahamamama12
08-31-12, 06:33 AM
I'm trying for the Diamond for months not. I didn't count the attempts but it must be about 200 now. It is soooo frustrating :((

rusticjess
08-31-12, 07:56 AM
try wild and mist. I hear thats a decent parent combo to use

CyndersTears
08-31-12, 08:08 AM
It may help if you have a couple Nether Portals ^.^' idk if it'll work, but..

PDAGuppies
08-31-12, 03:26 PM
Well I'm in the has not category. And I will not spend my cash on a game of that I have no success in. I'm losing interest in it since every combo and level I try will not bring me a diamond. Took me a month at least to get Mistmoth, I did however get some others rares, so once I got that I attempted Parakeet still don't have it, gave up for Scorpion. Never got it. So, ive not got much hope of getting diamond. And sadly I'm playing it less and less. Why should I? I'm not a total glutton for diss appointment. But I'm also stubborn so I keep a combo going, I'm just not as committed.
I get it. But a lot of us dont have the diamond dragon. It's the point of the game.

bertychen
08-31-12, 04:27 PM

i totally agree with this theory even i dont have proof, level 7 always works if i want to get dragon i want, couple tries of course but i always get it eventually. got my diamond from lvl 7 firestorm island both. gold crusader and quetzal also, just keep trying in row, dont change the level, order or the dragon names. it took me 3 weeks to get it, but it totally worth the wait when you see your first diamond baby :)

legobil
09-04-12, 06:47 AM
I can confirm that Genie (purple+yellow) and Athletic (red+blue) works. Just got an egg, it really is pure luck and having four different colors...

09-04-12, 06:53 AM
i think magic needs to be in the combination now...

foxxiegirl
09-04-12, 07:02 AM
i think magic needs to be in the combination now...

As long as your combo has 4 different colors in it you can get the Diamond. So it can be Purple,Green,Red, Yellow or Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, etc.

09-04-12, 07:12 AM
As long as your combo has 4 different colors in it you can get the Diamond. So it can be Purple,Green,Red, Yellow or Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, etc.

oh ok, thanks for the notice. I thought all five colors needed to be in the combo, and purple is red+blue?

foxxiegirl
09-04-12, 07:20 AM
oh ok, thanks for the notice. I thought all five colors needed to be in the combo, and purple is red+blue?

Yeah the purple(Magic) can be bred with Red and Blue :)

09-04-12, 07:31 AM
Yeah the purple(Magic) can be bred with Red and Blue :)

i mean, like wizard+fairy can make diamond, even though there's no red, just purple, which is a mix of blue and red. so in the combo, all colors are present.

sweetstuff525
09-04-12, 07:34 AM
i mean, like wizard+fairy can make diamond, even though there's no red, just purple, which is a mix of blue and red. so in the combo, all colors are present.

yeah cant wait to try that combo i finally have my wizard breeding

SJandJJ
09-04-12, 08:00 AM
I tried many combination of four colors never get diamond.
I think it is the matter of luck.

knj00
09-04-12, 09:07 AM
Has anyone ever got a Diamond Dragon by breeding Diamond with Diamond Hybrid? I know you can get Diamond by breeding Diamond with Diamond, Diamond with Infinity, and Infinity with Infinity as confirmed by my neighbors. Nobody has yet to get Diamond by breeding Diamond with Diamond Hybrid. I'm trying to help get the correct data for the breeding calculator and we are also wondering if it could be that Diamond hybrids require two pure parents (a Diamond/Infinity and the other color). That might possibly explain why we haven't seen Diamond Hybrid x Diamond result in a Diamond. Or they could just be ridiculously rare.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

CyndersTears
09-04-12, 09:12 PM
Hmm.. i don't have either, so i'll try that once i get two~ But i don't think Diamond X Diamond hybrid would end up with a Diamond, it'd be more likely the more common end of the hybrid.

Darkstorm2
09-05-12, 02:32 AM
I have tried this a several hundred times to no avail. I keep getting more hybrids. Now, breeding two diamonds together does get you more diamonds!!!

Ladynewmoon
09-05-12, 05:00 AM
I think we should suggest teamlava allow us to cancel unwanted eggs without us having to wait for hours for something we are just going to sell!

Sooooo agree!!!

usafbi
09-05-12, 06:15 AM
I have a question , whether Infinity dragon same with diamond dragon?
If i breed infinity with fire/ air/ forest , what will i get?
Whether i will get crusader/ gold/ quetezal?

Thx 4 respond :)

northsweets
09-05-12, 08:34 AM
Yes it is the same as a diamond
Infinity vs fire will get you fire or crusader
Infinity vs forest will get you forest or quezel

Akkarin95
09-05-12, 09:32 AM
I think we should suggest teamlava allow us to cancel unwanted eggs without us having to wait for hours for something we are just going to sell!

Sooooo agree!!!

It's true, I'm tired of getting Charm Dragon every time when I want Planet...my deleted Charm Dragons can make their own Country xD

vampyrebowler
09-05-12, 10:58 AM
i don't mind the wait on the eggs, I'd just like something more than 100 gold for selling it......add exp to it like Monster Story does.

usafbi
09-07-12, 09:51 AM
If i breed infinty with crusader/gold/qutezal , what will i get?
Whether i will get a diamond/ infinity / cruzader / gold / quetezal?

Thx 4 respond :)

northsweets
09-07-12, 10:09 AM
I have not heard of anyone getting them that way.

wolf879
09-09-12, 07:35 AM
I must have breeded my island and firestorm atleast 70 times I wanna say I've gotten all my super rares from them my Atlantis, honey bee, scorpion, landworm, parakeet and I've got a mistmoth the first time I tried magic and water. Yet I can't get a diamond no matter what I do I've tried many theories none of which worked for me

sunnybabi1986
09-09-12, 07:54 AM
I tried Island/Firestorm a LOT and they weren't working for me, either. I switched to Eagle/Island and got my diamond after quite a few tries...maybe try a different combo? Good luck, hope you get one soon!! :)

wolf879
09-09-12, 08:14 AM
That's what I was ***na try next was eagle and island

Manaphio
09-16-12, 07:01 AM
Well how I got diamond if you have not read my thread it'll be on the last page I got it by using coral and fairy both level 10

Manaphio
09-16-12, 07:01 AM
I'm sorry but it is possible

gertbigone
09-16-12, 09:10 AM
I got my second diamond not too long ago by using parakeet and mistmoth , it was only the second time I'd put them to breed!!!

Manaphio
09-16-12, 10:53 AM
I got my second diamond not too long ago by using parakeet and mistmoth , it was only the second time I'd put them to breed!!!
Congrats Im just evolving my first one !!!!!

darkrandy
09-18-12, 07:37 AM
When I get a Familiar, I will try that combo, but, Ive tried for the Diamond, like I said in another post, somewhere in the range of 120-130 times, still no Diamond....

stellar111
09-19-12, 03:04 AM
Atlantis L4 with firestorm L5

cedkugedchgd
09-19-12, 07:53 AM
Okay, guys, here's a little summary for how to breed an ULTRA RARE Diamond Dragon:

ELEMENTS:

It doesn't matter which you use but the HAVE TO BE 4 different ones!

Red, Green + Blue, Yellow
or
Red, Yellow + Green, Blue
or
Purple, Blue + Yellow, Green

every combination is possible! But the best or most successful combos are:

Firestorm + Island
Eagle + Serpent
Fairy + Coral
Atlantis + Scorpion

But don't forget: other combinations like Mindvolt + Life are also a combo for breeding the Diamond Dragon! They just have to include 4 different elements!

RARITY

It doesn't matter if the dragons you use are rare, common or super rare. Two Common Dragons are the same like two Super Rare Dragons! So the rarity doesn't matter because a friend of mine already bred one with Fruitful and Life at the first time trying!

LEVEL:

It also doesn't matter which levels your dragons are! Using two Level 10 Dragons is the same as using two Level 4 Dragons! The Level doesn't influence your chance to breed a Diamond Dragon.

I hope this helps :D

mammami08
09-19-12, 02:59 PM
I just got mine from forestfire and mindvolt... Was desperat after going whit all the "known combos" and thougt they would look cool together with there wierd heads!

spiralraindrop
09-19-12, 04:05 PM
Doesn't matter what order.

corksoaker
09-21-12, 09:13 AM
Firestorm and serpent worked for me, but not my friend.

Assamii
09-21-12, 09:27 AM
Try breeding Atlantis with Titan �� it worked with many of my neighbors, good luck. ��

earth1979
09-21-12, 11:22 AM
I got a diamond from firestorm and coral. After many many tries

dragonolic
09-21-12, 11:57 AM
It can take months (I know from experience) and really is just random. The servers take the colors that you breed and randomly spit back a result, and the odds on diamond are just really that rare. I still haven't gotten the actual diamond, just the Infinity.

A lot of people will say "just be patient" but it is really hard. :/

auroracon
09-21-12, 08:47 PM
What are the possibilities when breeding two infinities? fire, water, air and forest? it couldn't be a diamond hybrid could it? or the diamond itself? or another infinity? anyone know?

gravityperseus1325
09-22-12, 07:05 PM
Has anyone got a confirmed working combination? Here at TL forums someone else said she got it from breeding coral and fruitful but that hasn't been working for me, even after 7-8 times. Anyone know how to do it?

Horntail21
09-22-12, 07:12 PM
There are max level players that don't have one yet. It's all luck. You could try every combo from now to eternity and possibly never get one. Firestorm/Island used to be the go to but many combos have worked.

LilMzB4Life
09-22-12, 07:13 PM
Sad to say there is no 1 sure way to get a diamond. It's all about breeding 4 different colors and having ALOT of luck on your side. What combination works for one player does not guarantee that it will work for you. Basically getting a diamond involves experimenting and finding the right combination that works for you.

I certanly have not. I have tried all the combinations suggested several times, still no diamond. All suggestions gratefully accepted. I have sold more dragons off the nest than most people have.

Horntail21
Try out the lucky names in your combo. Maybe that will help. It sure has seemed to work for a lot of people.

Horntail21
09-22-12, 07:16 PM
Wonder why no one has made a breeding odds calculator app like some other dragon games have? Not enough data on the odds?

didiljar
09-22-12, 09:44 PM
I'm level 59 BUT STILL NO FREAKING DIAMOND!!!?!!??
Been trying for many combos but none of them make it thru the DIAMOND!!!

didiljar
09-22-12, 09:45 PM
Can you tell me what is the name??????

didiljar
09-22-12, 09:46 PM
All rubbish..I don think diamond can be breed..they bought it not by breeding.

ZhanYuLi
09-22-12, 09:51 PM
i got one with firestorm and island..

gravityperseus1325
09-22-12, 11:59 PM
Hmm, yes. Thanks all for your suggestions. TL should make breeding diamonds a LOT easier!

fondants
09-23-12, 12:22 AM
There is only one way to breed a diamond dragon, and it is extremely simple and also extremely unlikely that you will get one.

Simply use two dragons that have 4 different elements between them. Then be very lucky because not only are there 24-36 other dragons possible from a 4-element combination, and the game weights the "common" ones higher.

The exact combination of elements doesnt matter, nor does their specific species, their levels, their names, their selection order, the time of day, your level, or absolutely. anything. else.

Don't get your hopes up by reading the literally endless threads trying to claim otherwise. Sorry :)

s_lynne
09-23-12, 05:37 PM
I've been breeding Fairy(epic) & Wizard(level 6)

1. Fairy
2. Mindvolt
3. Poison
4. Fairy
5. Mistmoth
6. FruitFul
7. Mist
8. Parakeet
9. Parakeet
10. Infinity?? (It states 2 day and 40gold to skip)

Is it possible to get get infinity without the diamond??

LilMzB4Life
09-23-12, 05:41 PM
Congrats on getting Infinity. Fairy/wizard is the combination that has worked for many other players. It pays to persevere. What was the names of your dragons used if you don't mind sharing?

carijonas
09-23-12, 06:03 PM
Congratulations ! That duo really seemed like an amazing pair for you ..

s_lynne
09-23-12, 06:04 PM
Fairy-Shu and Wizard-Pisces

LilMzB4Life
09-23-12, 06:07 PM
Thank you for sharing. I hope I'm that lucky.

bigbux3
09-23-12, 08:53 PM
How do you get a Wizard dragon? I need a working method.

s_lynne
09-23-12, 10:40 PM
How do you get a Wizard dragon? I need a working method.

I used Water(epic)Azur and Magic(level 8) Dali. It took me about 20 tries.

bigbux3
09-23-12, 10:42 PM
I used Water(epic)Azur and Magic(level 8) Dali. It took me about 20 tries.

Any other method? I'm not patient for trying to get a 22 hour dragon 20 times.

s_lynne
09-23-12, 11:52 PM

Believe me, I tried to breed for the Diamond Dragon with a lot of other combos but I kept failing. It seemed the only way I could get the Diamond was if I had a Wizard. You might have better luck tryin for the Wizard. It might take you less than 5 tries.

gravityperseus1325
09-24-12, 01:18 AM
S'okay. Only ive seen a level 15 guy and I was really irritated >:( oh well....
add me at gravityperseus1325 guys.

mammami08
09-24-12, 02:53 AM

You can Always by it with gold, thats the Only thing i can think of that 100% Will get you what you want. I think this game was created to teach me patience ;)

cammy_04
09-24-12, 06:51 AM
Dear all,

Who can let me know which dragon to breed Diamond dragon ?

Please help, thanks!

alphaiceman
09-24-12, 10:04 AM
Use epic eagle and epic serpent. That's how I got my diamond. I got infinity from epic eagle and epic wizard.

Boutique_Lilo
09-24-12, 01:06 PM
I heard an Island dragon and a Firestorm dragen.... search on google...

sunnybabi1986
09-24-12, 01:10 PM
Everyone seems to have had a different combo, mine was Eagle/Island. Make sure you're using all 4 colors blue/red/green/yellow, good luck!! :)

Martin323
09-24-12, 01:38 PM
My neighbour supposedly got it by using Planet and Fairy. If that is correct, you can use any of combo counting 4 out of 5 (or even 6 ?) colours.
I've used Eagle and Island i think.

spiralraindrop
09-24-12, 02:43 PM
Mine was from the breeding pair of both epic firestorm x island. Good luck breeding!

LilMzB4Life
09-24-12, 03:23 PM
My combination was Titan/Atlantis

kitthecat
09-25-12, 04:59 PM
Just want to confirm this, can I get a diamond if I put light/white as one of the 4 breeding colors?

Can someone who manage to get a diamond dragon fr a light/white confirm this? Thx :)

dapplefur
09-25-12, 11:48 PM
i haven't heard of this but once i get a light hybrid i shall test this theory.

didiljar
09-26-12, 12:14 AM
Yup I have test but still no diamond.

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
09-26-12, 09:34 AM
I'm curious if I should keep breeding the same 2 dragons with all 4 element/colors continuously or if I would have the same odds by switching dragons as long as they have all 4 colors. I've been switching off and on everytime, but have yet to get a diamond and not many Rares. It just gets boring using the exact same 2 dragons every time. After nearly a month of breeding nothing but 4 elements, I'm still empty handed.

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
09-26-12, 09:38 AM
Oh and based on what I'm seeing elsewhere online thru a breeding calculator.. I'm guessing it can be ANY 4 colors. Not just the main red/blue/green/yellow.... But now u can throw magic or light in the mix too?! Does anyone know for sure if there's any truth to this?

carijonas
09-26-12, 02:40 PM
I can't say anything about the light but I got my diamond dragon using a wizard and parakeet ... I would defiantly suggest having a magic hybrid in the mix..

gravityperseus1325
09-27-12, 05:23 AM
Thanks all! Parakeets and wizard sounds good...

LUCASYAU
09-27-12, 09:00 AM
Well actually, I would refrain from adding in a Purple element to the breeding equation.

Simply because adding in another elements also adds much more possible breeding results.

Using the main 4 Elements (Red,Blue,Yellow,Green) = 21 possible results: 6 Commons (expect to see these jerks a lot), 6 Rares, 8 Super Rares, 1 Ultra Rare (what we're all aiming for)

Using Yellow, Green and substituting both Red and Blue for Purple = 32 possible results: 10 Commons, 10 Rares, 11 Super Rares, 1 Ultra Rare

Long post short, that Purple element could potentially make your Diamond quest even LONGER.

gravityperseus1325
10-02-12, 07:22 AM
I've tried around 50 times and given up just as much. But is there any KNOWN working combo? Island and Firestorm has NOT worked for me :(

10-04-12, 09:49 AM
i have done some research and fuzzy +genie has a 13% chance of getting it, all other known combinations have less then a 10% chance. i would suggest doing fuzzy + genie

badger8
10-04-12, 10:02 AM
Just curious, has anyone actually gotten a Diamond from Fuzzy & Genie?

10-04-12, 10:30 AM
Not yet because it just came out. But if you were to figure out all possible outcomes there are 15 total outcomes you can get from this combination. To get a diamond you only need 4 different colors. But if you break the colors down its has red, yellow, blue, green and light in it but since the light dragons were just added there aren't as many possible outcomes.

10-04-12, 10:32 AM
Every other combination of dragons I have tried to figure out have more the 20 possible outcomes

10-04-12, 10:34 AM
So not yet but I am going to try because it has a good chance

badger8
10-04-12, 10:41 AM
Sounds like its worth a try. thanks!

10-04-12, 10:47 AM
You are welcome. Sorry its not proven yet and its only experimental

darkrandy
10-04-12, 01:06 PM
Going to try it after my current failed attempt out of maybe 300 or more has finished.

carijonas
10-04-12, 01:45 PM
I got mine from wizard and parakeet

mammami08
10-04-12, 02:28 PM
Forestfire and mindvolt did it for me ;)

foxxiegirl
10-04-12, 02:32 PM
I got mine not even trying at a very early level and on the 3rd try with Firestorm + Island :)

bigbux3
10-04-12, 02:36 PM
I got mine not even trying at a very early level and on the 3rd try with Firestorm + Island :)

Firestorm and Island has never worked for me.

gravityperseus1325
10-07-12, 12:20 AM
Lucky guy...

gravityperseus1325
10-07-12, 12:32 AM
i have done some research and fuzzy +genie has a 13% chance of getting it, all other known combinations have less then a 10% chance. i would suggest doing fuzzy + genie

Good idea. Now I just have to breed a fuzzy.
And you can check breeding calculators in gpogle for some good combos.

bigbux3
10-07-12, 12:57 AM
Good idea. Now I just have to breed a fuzzy.
And you can check breeding calculators in gpogle for some good combos.

It didn't work for me.

10-07-12, 12:59 AM
It didn't work for me.

Its not going to work the first try. You just have a better chance of getting it

dotranwumpas
10-07-12, 05:50 AM

Actually the bet combo is diamond and diamond
That's 25% chance for diamond or infinity

darkrandy
10-07-12, 07:01 AM
Sure but for someone to do a diamond + diamond combo, the first thing is to have a diamond, and most of us dont have one.

Fuzzy + Genie in the oven again
8 hour breed
Most likely a second fuzzy

10-07-12, 07:52 AM
Sure but for someone to do a diamond + diamond combo, the first thing is to have a diamond, and most of us dont have one.

Fuzzy + Genie in the oven again
8 hour breed
Most likely a second fuzzy

YYou can get a genie, fuzzy or a fairy

ellaslair
10-07-12, 09:19 AM
Since fuzzy/genie is light, green, yellow, purple, then would all combinations with those four elements have a 13% chance of producing a diamond? or does this probability only apply to fuzzy/genie?

spiralraindrop
10-07-12, 09:48 AM
Island x firestorm for me.

thisriveriswild
10-07-12, 10:47 AM
Genie x Mermaid (both level 4) for me, on my other account! (Missatomicbomb)

10-07-12, 11:47 AM
Since fuzzy/genie is light, green, yellow, purple, then would all combinations with those four elements have a 13% chance of producing a diamond? or does this probability only apply to fuzzy/genie?

it applies to more combinations but i dont have the data with me currently But tthere is a few more combinations

wolf879
10-07-12, 11:50 AM
It's got a lot to do with luck also I've bred pretty much every combo you can think of except the light combos and still no diamond and I've noticed ppl get theirs when they arnt even trying to get it

JLee2012
10-11-12, 08:12 AM
Can you use an Atlantis Dragon instead of an Island or Serpent?

JLee2012
10-11-12, 08:17 AM
I also got a serpent from breeding the antlantis and eagle together

carijonas
10-11-12, 01:12 PM
It doesn't matter what the dragon is as long as you have the four different colors..

LeTkboss
10-11-12, 01:22 PM
Being able to cancel out the eggs would ruin the whole thing, getting a rare/diamond dragon is supposed to be hard, and you are supposed to be lucky, I got my Infinity after hatching about 10 islands and alot of scorpions too, but i did get it eventually, and that's the point, after trying so hard and finally getting it, that's what is the most satisfying thing about getting it.

totaltechno
10-11-12, 02:34 PM
Is it better if you use Epics? I'm thinking of replacing my Island 7 and using Epic Mermaid + Firestorm 6. Or better, level up my Firestorm to Epic.

analinz
10-11-12, 11:19 PM
i defenitily agreed !!

donmiklos
10-12-12, 01:42 AM
...getting a rare/diamond dragon is supposed to be hard, and you are supposed to be lucky, I got my Infinity after hatching about 10 islands and alot of scorpions too ...

Hm, I Wonder your oppinion would be the same, if you try it 100+ time without any success? Would you think this way, if you try it 4-5 months long, and still nothing? Look around, hundreds/thousands of players try diamond for months without any result! Allways those people think the system is ok, who's already get a diamond/infinity...

Cheers,
Don

Silmarilli
10-12-12, 03:20 AM
Being able to cancel out the eggs would ruin the whole thing, getting a rare/diamond dragon is supposed to be hard, and you are supposed to be lucky, I got my Infinity after hatching about 10 islands and alot of scorpions too, but i did get it eventually, and that's the point, after trying so hard and finally getting it, that's what is the most satisfying thing about getting it.

Hm, I Wonder your oppinion would be the same, if you try it 100+ time without any success? Would you think this way, if you try it 4-5 months long, and still nothing? Look around, hundreds/thousands of players try diamond for months without any result! Allways those people think the system is ok, who's already get a diamond/infinity...

Cheers,
Don

Yes, I have been doing this for over a half year now, and still no Diamond,

BUT,

I must agree with LtKboss on this. If it was easy, there would be no point.

esmeetje1990
10-14-12, 01:37 PM
After getting the Witch dragon on my first try, I went back to my old combo of Coral(7)/Fairy(6), and got a Diamond! Sadly, this is on my second account... Level 58 or something on my iPhone and still no Diamond (or Witch for that matter).

totaltechno
10-16-12, 03:20 AM
I'm about to start breeding together Epic Firestorm Wing x Epic Island Pisces.

carijonas
10-16-12, 04:01 AM
I got my diamond from breeding wizard and parakeet ... Those two make such beautiful babies

chan05
10-16-12, 05:17 AM
Hallo,

I am playing the Game from beginning, so far no Diamond yet.

I am sick of this Firestorm/Island Combination,

so I heared some people where successfull with a Wizzard X Yellow/Green...

For people who tried this, what was your results of this combination?

storm8storm_00
10-16-12, 05:45 AM
I got mine yesterday by using Seabreeze x Charm both lvl 10

mattyboo1
10-16-12, 05:46 AM
Listen I can't get a diamond

Manaphio
10-16-12, 05:47 AM
I got mine with coral and fairy

ash717
10-16-12, 06:30 AM
Got mine 3 months ago with Seabreeze & Forestfire.

Garellie14
10-16-12, 06:43 AM
Wizard and fairy
I eventually got a diamond withy his combo
Good luck

Horntail21
10-16-12, 07:32 AM
Seabreeze and Charm here too

mymummy789
10-16-12, 07:52 AM
I got mine with scorpion and atlantis

MazShaddix
10-16-12, 08:01 AM
How many tries did it take with that combo??

Garellie14
10-16-12, 08:35 AM
About 40 I'd say "/
But it's worth it when you get the diamond
Also the odds my be ever do slightly more in your favour cause you can get diamond and infinity from that combo

MazShaddix
10-16-12, 10:54 AM
Yeah I've started to breed my pair now. Both are epics and in the order you suggested. Tho got an Atlantis breeding atm but already have 2 of those lol but think I might keep going just to see what randomly comes out and might get a few that I don't have lol

MazShaddix
10-16-12, 10:57 AM
Sorry it's a wizard and a parakeet I'm using currently would that affect it all?? Even tho a parakeet is the same green/yellow combo??

peteparcon
10-16-12, 11:49 AM
I got mine last week, level 7 Life named Lenora and level 7 Genie named Galzra.
After he hatched, I got a Fruitful.
After the Fruitful hatched, I got another Diamond, this time from a level 10 Mist named Mist and level 7 Poison named Jura.
Now I have a Crusader waiting to be born.

carijonas
10-16-12, 01:28 PM
First try wizard and parakeet

totaltechno
10-16-12, 02:00 PM
Firestorm/Island is giving terrible results. Should I try Eagle/Mermaid or Athletic/Parakeet or Fairy/Athletic next? All epic, I lack a Light dragon so I can't use light hybrids, and I only have lv 3 Magic hybrids, Poison (guess where I got that one..), and Titan.

totaltechno
10-16-12, 02:02 PM
In 14 hrs I'll try to breed a Wizard and try this

Manaphio
10-16-12, 05:22 PM
Try coral and fairy that's how I got mine

chan05
10-16-12, 07:29 PM
I decided to stick breeding my Wizzard Paraket Epics until TL Comes up with a new witch Dragon or sth. I can not say no.

This combo already brought me a fairy, now its 18hrs breeding time.

rs788
10-17-12, 05:51 AM
Hey guys even i got 2 days breeding time with wizard and fairy combo
I m sure it is diamond or infinity
So keep on trying dnt loose ur heart it will definitly get u one

Horntail21
10-17-12, 06:00 AM
You can tell what dragon it is by how many gold it is to speed up. Diamond or Infinity is 44 gold.

Horntail21
10-17-12, 06:04 AM
Oops I infinity is 40. With wizard x fairy it has to be this though. Can't be any other two day breed.

rs788
10-17-12, 07:11 PM
Ok it was infinity speeding up for 40 gold bars

rs788
10-20-12, 06:19 AM
I got my diamond from breeding wizard and parakeet ... Those two make such beautiful babies

I got infinity with wizard / fairy
Can i het diamond with that combo ?

iaweforfun
10-23-12, 09:54 PM
Ive been trying for diamond sense level 30. Ive spent 300plus gold speeding up breeds. Any pairs suggested ? I am currently breeding clown and forestfire

storm8storm_00
10-24-12, 02:02 PM
seabreeze x charm both epic

drulliator
10-28-12, 06:39 AM
How can I breed diamond dragon because I can't buy it, it costs 2000 gold

draginraiser
10-28-12, 04:18 PM
Ahhhhh, Welcome to the club!

The diamond dragon is possibly the most sought after dragon on dragon story. It has been stated that to hatch it you need a four colour combination,
that can be your typical

red/blue/green/yellow

But i believe its also been thrown around you can use something like red/purple/green yellow or blue/purple/green/yellow etc etc :)

It's very very very very very hard to get, im level 63 and have been trying since june/july this year and dont expect one before christmas! Goodluck

didiljar
10-28-12, 07:38 PM
dear friends,every island got different ways to breed those wonderful diamond dragon,try keep breeding the same dragon until 20tries,if you still can't get it, change to another dragons.keep doing it..names doesnt matter,good luck(:

drulliator
10-28-12, 09:41 PM
tnx anyway

totaltechno
11-04-12, 09:54 AM
Wizard/Fairy, either Genie or Fairy, both of which I have.. sigh

iaweforfun
11-09-12, 08:16 PM
Please do excuse me if i dont make sense.

Okay first theory of mine is the hybrids.
If you breed diamond and fire you will get fire the majority of the time.
But, look at other breeds. If you mix fire n air, you will always get firestorm, eagle , honeybee , etc. probably NEVER you will get the single element you breeded in that combo
Why is that? Diamond is no different than other elements . Despite its rarity.
I diamond hybrids are ultra rare, but you will never get the single element you breeded in other combos.

I forgot my other theory XD

Takiofallen
11-09-12, 08:23 PM
While i didn't see what your theory is you just gave me a knew one.

kyliestarpetshop
11-09-12, 10:10 PM
Thanks for a good laugh!

ubobdgc
11-09-12, 10:46 PM
Theory? The definition of theory is

Noun:
A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be...: "Darwin's theory of evolution"
A set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based: "a theory of education"; "music theory".
Though there is science in probability (which this game is also about) there is no science in this, this is business, teamlava simply wants money like all good business. Thus there is no science in this

iaweforfun
11-09-12, 11:00 PM
Theory? The definition of theory is

Noun:
A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be...: "Darwin's theory of evolution"
A set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based: "a theory of education"; "music theory".
Though there is science in probability (which this game is also about) there is no science in this, this is business, teamlava simply wants money like all good business. Thus there is no science in this

Theres always math or science behind everthing XD

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 06:12 AM
Diamond Dragons seem to be a common theme on these forums. Whether its joy over getting one, sadness over another failed breeding, or theories on them.

I've been giving out my theory a couple times today, so now I will say it here and see what you guys think. I am also interested in a nice grouping of breeding theories.

First off, let me just say that I have bred a Diamond Dragon and a couple hybrids. My Diamond came from an Epic Pumpkin and a level 7 Witch, in that order. I bred them about 30 times.

I know Diamonds are possible and I highly doubt that there are "lucky islands". It seems improbable.

Ok so I've seen a couple people who have been wondering how exactly Diamond breeding works. I've spent a lot of time thinking about this and formulating this theory based on my own knowledge and information from the wiki.

This is how I think it works.

Diamond Dragons are classed as "ultra rare". Which, obviously, means they are VERY hard to get. The only way you can get them is by breeding two hybrids of four of he six main colors - red, green, yellow, purple, blue, and white.

From what I have observed, and this is just opinion, whether or not you breed a diamond or an infinity is based on the specific colors involved. For example, a common pairing for Infinity Dragons is Fairy and Wizard. Yellow, green, blue, and purple. For my Diamond, I used red, yellow, green, and purple. The only differences I've seen are minor colors, like the use of red or blue. I don't know if it makes a difference, just throwing it out there.

Another common confusion I see among breeding is purple and diamond.

When you make purple, it's red and blue. When purple is combined with purple, it makes purple. I think this is done so that it minimizes the amount of dragons you can get from a breeding, and therefor increases the chances of a desired dragon. For example, if you breed poison and poison, you can only get green and purple combinations, and not just green or just purple. This way you only have to worry about getting one of three eggs instead of six.

The exception to this is Diamond. As Diamond is ulta rare, they wanted to keep that ulta rare quality, but not make hybrids impossible. Let's say you breed Diamond and Fire hoping for a Crusader. The only possibilities are Fire and Crusader, with the Crusader being ultra rare. But you can only get those two.

When you breed two Diamonds, the rules change. With he previous rules, you could only get Diamonds, and that would be bad. I'll explain why in a minute. So now you have the ultra rare chance of a Diamond or an Infinity Dragon and a common or rare chance of one of the six main color dragons. This way you can't make far too many Diamond Dragons and abuse them.

Just saying, if Diamond Dragons were easier to get or breed, the game would cease being fun. The Diamonds and their hybrids make a lot of coins per hour. Diamonds make 2,800 and Crusaders alone make 3,400. If it were easier to get Diamonds or their hybrids, then players would have nothing to strive for, way too much money, and once they've cleared and decorated their whole island and collected any other dragons they want, the game would be over.

Diamonds really serve two purposes - they are an overarching goal, and a good moneymaker for Team Lava.

Like in any good game, there has to be something we strive for. A goal that is a possibility, but difficult. It requires time and patience and effort. For this game, that main goal for a lot of people is a Diamond Dragon. It is difficult so we work hard and feel sweet relief when we get it.

Not only that, it's really expensive. Team Lava knows that by making it expensive, the more impatient playes will buy it.

So, this is what I think about Diamond Dragons, their rarity, and their breeding. Let me know what you guys think. ^^

PDAGuppies
11-10-12, 06:17 AM
That's a really good theory. I don't agree with luck Islands either. Maybe because first it was lucky names then lucky elements then lucky levels and all sorts of things. I think that you may have a point into this.
Try don't a experiment or something. Takiofallen does a lot of experiments. Maybe you can talk to him and make a experiment together. I would be happy to join!

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-10-12, 06:24 AM
Pretty interesting, good read, and to me makes sense.
I'd be curious to know out of the six colours.... which 4 have been more popular for getting a diamond.

I too would be happy to take part in an experiment...if there is one.

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 06:40 AM
That's a really good theory. I don't agree with luck Islands either. Maybe because first it was lucky names then lucky elements then lucky levels and all sorts of things. I think that you may have a point into this.
Try don't a experiment or something. Takiofallen does a lot of experiments. Maybe you can talk to him and make a experiment together. I would be happy to join!

I think an experiment would be a good idea. I'm sure Takiofallen will read this so we can plan one. xD

We should all do an experiment! :3

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 06:40 AM
Pretty interesting, good read, and to me makes sense.
I'd be curious to know out of the six colours.... which 4 have been more popular for getting a diamond.

I too would be happy to take part in an experiment...if there is one.

Maybe I could make a poll about it. See what colors people used.

And yes we shall do more planning. xD

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-10-12, 06:58 AM
I've been going with red, blue, purple & yellow. ONLY because it's a 16hr fail for a common dragon as supposed to 20/21 if I added green.

Of course I don't have a diamond dragon though..... so yeah.

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 07:03 AM
I've been going with red, blue, purple & yellow. ONLY because it's a 16hr fail for a common dragon as supposed to 20/21 if I added green.

Of course I don't have a diamond dragon though..... so yeah.

I know youll get one eventually. I'm really getting psyched for an experiment now. xD

Lolas_Kryptonite
11-10-12, 07:10 AM
I know youll get one eventually. I'm really getting psyched for an experiment now. xD

Haha. Yes do one.

: )

kooky panda
11-10-12, 09:13 AM
There is a current thread on how to breed a diamond, merging this thread with the current thread.

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 12:13 PM
Please do excuse me if i dont make sense.

Okay first theory of mine is the hybrids.
If you breed diamond and fire you will get fire the majority of the time.
But, look at other breeds. If you mix fire n air, you will always get firestorm, eagle , honeybee , etc. probably NEVER you will get the single element you breeded in that combo
Why is that? Diamond is no different than other elements . Despite its rarity.
I diamond hybrids are ultra rare, but you will never get the single element you breeded in other combos.

I forgot my other theory XD

I see your theory and I raise you mine! xD http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28968-How-to-get-a-Diamond-dragon/page41. My post is 409 I think. Kooky panda combined my thread to that. Go take a look if you want :3

ubobdgc
11-10-12, 12:17 PM
Might as well make this a sticky

Horntail21
11-10-12, 12:34 PM
Thing is the "lucky island" theory originally wasn't just about some getting lucky while others went without. It was about people being element heavy and those people using those elements to their advantage. You'd get lucky with certain color combos. It was about element heavy account types that were determined upon your download of the game.

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 12:39 PM
Thing is the "lucky island" theory originally wasn't just about some getting lucky while others went without. It was about people being element heavy and those people using those elements to their advantage. You'd get lucky with certain color combos. It was about element heavy account types that were determined upon your download of the game.

Can you elaborate on "element heavy"?

Horntail21
11-10-12, 12:45 PM
Element heavy like I am with red/yellow. I bred my red/yellow hybrids easier and more often than any other hybrids. I also got blue/purple hybrids, except wizard rather easily. I used these four colors to get diamond (charm x seabreeze). There is more to it and another part to the theory but I think it's frowned upon discussing here for some reason. Who knows if any of it was ever true idk.

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 12:47 PM
Element heavy like I am with red/yellow. I bred my red/yellow hybrids easier and more often than any other hybrids. I also got blue/purple hybrids, except wizard rather easily. I used these four colors to get diamond (charm x seabreeze). There is more to it and another part to the theory but I think it's frowned upon discussing here for some reason. Who knows if any of it was ever true idk.

I see. I think I am the same way except with green and purple as well as red and yellow. In fact, that was how I got my diamond - pumpkin and witch. Interesting theory...

ubobdgc
11-10-12, 01:02 PM
If you guys want to know about element heavy stuff why now just ask the creator, most already know him

moostermine
11-10-12, 01:04 PM
I don't understand. How so?

ubobdgc
11-10-12, 01:10 PM
If you don't already know, your not going to find out, I'm sorry, anyway, your not going to find the creator so don't bother trying, lets get back on topic

Element heavy is a theory that has been changed and twisted, no one will ever know the original theory. There are plenty of ways to get diamond that I've read about, just pick four elements and go with it

ubobdgc
11-10-12, 01:12 PM

As for the creator, only the veteran players know him. So there, he is really no use to the new players

moostermine
11-10-12, 01:22 PM
Why do you say that like its some big secret? And don't you say on your other thread that you are new? Also what makes you think I am new?

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 01:24 PM
Why do you say that like its some big secret? And don't you say on your other thread that you are new? Also what makes you think I am new?

We are not worthy to speak to the Almighty Creator! XD lol creator of what? TL? DS?

moostermine
11-10-12, 01:30 PM
Exactly! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! We are not worthy to even know! Why bring it up then? Just asking an honest question and getting brushed off .....

ubobdgc
11-10-12, 01:32 PM
Exactly! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! We are not worthy to even know! Why bring it up then? Just asking an honest question and getting brushed off .....

Sorry :( honestly didn't ran to offend you

CrimsonCalamity
11-10-12, 01:33 PM

Seriously though. Creator of TL or DS or what?

ubobdgc
11-10-12, 01:36 PM
Seriously though. Creator of TL or DS or what?

Nothing important, anyway, breed any four elements for diamond, hope that helps :)

moostermine
11-10-12, 01:43 PM
I give up! Big secret. Need to know only. We haven't got proper clearance. Don't bother our little heads. Bah!

kooky panda
11-10-12, 03:50 PM
Merging this thread with the current Diamond thread.

Also please stay on topic of how to get a Diamond Dragon.
You can take personal conversations to the PMs.
(private messages).

crsty1961
11-10-12, 10:35 PM
Hi I bred my luck with my seabreeze to get my diamond. My belief though is that its a matter of mathmatics as far as if you,ll get one or not. I'm no mathmatician so the exact counts are up to some one else, but I have noticed a pattern in when I will get a super rare verses a rare in how many breedings I have done. Now I'm going to have to do actual counts to prove it but if you all want to help I'd love to have it. Basicaly count how many breedings bettween rares and super rares.

Takiofallen
11-11-12, 12:51 AM
The problem with this theory is the amount of people who breed rare/super rare back to back.
Hi I bred my luck with my seabreeze to get my diamond. My belief though is that its a matter of mathmatics as far as if you,ll get one or not. I'm no mathmatician so the exact counts are up to some one else, but I have noticed a pattern in when I will get a super rare verses a rare in how many breedings I have done. Now I'm going to have to do actual counts to prove it but if you all want to help I'd love to have it. Basicaly count how many breedings bettween rares and super rares.

skystylestore
11-11-12, 09:41 AM
I got my Diamond by breading Landworm and Mindvolt after I find this suggestion on other forum, and I have been trying so many times with other combos, but this 1 worked for me from first try......

iaweforfun
11-11-12, 09:02 PM
Okay, this might be wrong but heres what i think about diamond.

I think there is certain levels in which you can get diamond.
Heres why i think so.....
About most of my neighbors that actully have diamond gotten them when they were level 40-59. I think this because, i think there is certain levels in which your luck increases your chance of getting diamond. Im not making sense? Heres a graph about my idea

Im not sure the percentage of getting a diamond so im just going to use "x" as a varible replacing the percentage for getting diamond

The diamond is availible at level 11

Ive only known two players that gotten diamond within level 11-30

One was level 13, and one was level 20something

So i think the percentage rate of getting a diamond is at base level. As meaning it is the same percentage rate you will get diamond as regular.

After level 30

It goes 31-39. I have only met one person that has a diamond within those levels. Maybe two. I think the rate of getting diamond slowly goes down by each level. Level 32, percentage of getting diamond is -0.001%. And it goes on until level 49. So at level 49, your chances of getting a diamond is x - 0.007. This was the time i started trying for diamond, which i failed MISERABLY. Which to me is a big number because the chances of actully GETTING a diamond is like what 0.000000000000001%.

Then at 40-59 i think the rate goes back at base level and starts rising. At this time. I did recieve some rare dragons but still no diamond. The chance of getting diamond increases by 0.001%, (please note, that these numbers are used as example numbers and may/may not be true). At level 59 your chances of getting diamond is x + 0.019%.

Then at 60-95, it becomes near impossible to get diamond. Unless your luck is like extrememly lucky. Your chances of getting the diamond slowly decreases. As a level 77 , that doesnt have a diamond yet, im starting to think my chances of getting a diamond is less than winning the lottery.

Still dont get it? Heres a metaphoric explantion

Say your a new born, and a new hi tech computer is invented. (Level 0-10). But too bad, the computer isnt suited for you, so you dont get it.

As you mature , (level 11-20). You get introdouced to it. (So your chances are at base level)

Keep aging (level 20-39) your still not suited for that computer. Maybe you hit a road block in your life that made you lose your chances to see the computer

Your about a teen-adult. (Level 40-59) Now you get to use the hi tech computer because your suited for the hi techness.

As your age into your elder hood (60+) your eye become frail, and cannot handle it so you chances with the computer falls slowly.

Maybe this isnt true. Maybe i wasted 30mintues of my life explaining something that may not be true.

Add me iaweforfun ,

Sincerly
Wyvern Nest

iaweforfun
11-11-12, 09:03 PM
At 8 lines down, i meant 0.017% not 0.007%

moostermine
11-11-12, 11:58 PM
Lol! I've known for a while that I'm to old to get a diamond in real life so it wouldn't surprise me if my DS age( level) is too old for me to get a diamond here!

CrimsonCalamity
11-12-12, 01:41 AM

About most of my neighbors that actully have diamond gotten them when they were level 40-59. I think this because, i think there is certain levels in which your luck increases your chance of getting diamond. Im not making sense? Heres a graph about my idea

Im not sure the percentage of getting a diamond so im just going to use "x" as a varible replacing the percentage for getting diamond

So i think the percentage rate of getting a diamond is at base level. As meaning it is the same percentage rate you will get diamond as regular.

After level 30

It goes 31-39. I have only met one person that has a diamond within those levels. Maybe two. I think the rate of getting diamond slowly goes down by each level. Level 32, percentage of getting diamond is -0.001%. And it goes on until level 49. So at level 49, your chances of getting a diamond is x - 0.007. This was the time i started trying for diamond, which i failed MISERABLY. Which to me is a big number because the chances of actully GETTING a diamond is like what 0.000000000000001%.

Then at 40-59 i think the rate goes back at base level and starts rising. At this time. I did recieve some rare dragons but still no diamond. The chance of getting diamond increases by 0.001%, (please note, that these numbers are used as example numbers and may/may not be true). At level 59 your chances of getting diamond is x + 0.019%.

Then at 60-95, it becomes near impossible to get diamond. Unless your luck is like extrememly lucky. Your chances of getting the diamond slowly decreases. As a level 77 , that doesnt have a diamond yet, im starting to think my chances of getting a diamond is less than winning the lottery.

Say your a new born, and a new hi tech computer is invented. (Level 0-10). But too bad, the computer isnt suited for you, so you dont get it.

As you mature , (level 11-20). You get introdouced to it. (So your chances are at base level)

Keep aging (level 20-39) your still not suited for that computer. Maybe you hit a road block in your life that made you lose your chances to see the computer

Your about a teen-adult. (Level 40-59) Now you get to use the hi tech computer because your suited for the hi techness.

As your age into your elder hood (60+) your eye become frail, and cannot handle it so you chances with the computer falls slowly.

Maybe this isnt true. Maybe i wasted 30mintues of my life explaining something that may not be true.

Add me iaweforfun ,

Sincerly
Wyvern Nest

Yes, I see your theory, but I am skeptical as to the reality of the relationship between level and chance of getting a diamond. I was level 32 when I hatched my baby Lucy. Now I'm 41 and I'm trying for a second one.

But I like the time and effort you have out into this theory. Takiofallen and I are putting together an experiment for diamonds. If we can get enough turnout, I want to put level as a variable.

Tango_K
11-12-12, 02:33 AM
I was thinking of a theory for a long time,

Here's my theory...

I think in these games, theres a specific timing for each dragon.

For example, Within a 1 min time frame, every second is a different dragon and the diamond dragon happens to be at the (lets say 33sec) and those who click the breed button during the 33sec gets the diamond dragon (with 4 elements of course). For the normal dragon, the rarer the dragon the less it will appear. For the diamond dragon maybe its appears in a 1min time frame (with a random selected second) every 10mins and those who are lucky enough to hit the mark gets it.

I am not sure if its true but just guessing :D

salinho
11-12-12, 05:12 AM
I was thinking of a theory for a long time,
Here's my theory...

I think in these games, theres a specific timing for each dragon.

For example, Within a 1 min time frame, every second is a different dragon and the diamond dragon happens to be at the (lets say 33sec) and those who click the breed button during the 33sec gets the diamond dragon (with 4 elements of course). For the normal dragon, the rarer the dragon the less it will appear. For the diamond dragon maybe its appears in a 1min time frame (with a random selected second) every 10mins and those who are lucky enough to hit the mark gets it.

I am not sure if its true but just guessing :D
Sometimes I think like this as well...lol

salinho
11-12-12, 05:13 AM
I was level 32 when I hatched my baby Lucy.
Really? How cute, a Beatles reference! "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" ... :)

obama_papa
11-12-12, 05:58 AM
What are the odds of getting a Diamond with the so-called best combinations ? Maybe 1 is to 10000 ?

skystylestore
11-12-12, 07:02 AM
Nobody know..... for me worked from first time, for the guy who post this combination worked fro 5 times, for you may be not right combination.....

kooky panda
11-12-12, 07:28 AM
merging this thread with current Diamond Thread.

CrimsonCalamity
11-12-12, 10:00 AM
Really? How cute, a Beatles reference! "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" ... :)

Lol that was her automated name, too XD

Lipuro
11-12-12, 01:38 PM
I'm level 62 with over 100 epic firestorm and epic island breeds with no diamond. :(

buzzingum
11-12-12, 02:24 PM
My combo was sunrise LV 10 and island lv10, 5 attempts.

totaltechno
11-12-12, 04:28 PM
Thinking of trying Pumpkin + Athletic, both epic form

totaltechno
11-12-12, 04:28 PM
oh wait that isn't a diamond combo lol, ok Familiar + Pumpkin

epipy
11-12-12, 08:16 PM
I have been trying to get my diamond dragon with firestorm and island combo. Both level 10
So far I have got coral,
Mist x3
Mindvolt x 2
Mermaid
Atlantis
Life x 4
Magic x4
Mist

Firestorm x 6
Parakeet
Island x2
Eagle x 2

I am over it. So many tries. And no diamond. What other combo can I use I think I have tried them all.

CrimsonCalamity
11-12-12, 08:17 PM
I have been trying to get my diamond dragon with firestorm and island combo. Both level 10
So far I have got coral,
Mist x3
Mindvolt x 2
Mermaid
Atlantis
Life x 4
Magic x4
Mist

Firestorm x 6
Parakeet
Island x2
Eagle x 2

I am over it. So many tries. And no diamond. What other combo can I use I think I have tried them all.

Mine came from pumpkin and witch.

reddeviI
11-12-12, 10:09 PM
i use combination life 10 and mist 7 to get the diamond dragon :D

epipy
11-12-12, 10:19 PM
How many tries with pumpkin and witch?

epipy
11-12-12, 10:19 PM
How many tries with life and mist?

CrimsonCalamity
11-13-12, 04:58 AM
How many tries with pumpkin and witch?

About 30

srsr2525
11-13-12, 08:06 AM
About 30

30 tries.......takes about a month?! OMG!

CrimsonCalamity
11-13-12, 08:40 AM
30 tries.......takes about a month?! OMG!

Something like that. A couple weeks I think because I sped up breeding a bit with gold.

henrylucky
11-13-12, 08:46 AM
I think light, red, blue, green are the fastest combo

cut3m0m
12-01-12, 06:17 AM
I read in the forum somewhere that breeding the 3 colors dragon with a pure color would work? Can anyone who succeeded in breeding at least 1 diamond dragon tell me the combination along with the level of the dragons?

Thanks

Horntail21
12-01-12, 08:43 AM
Yes it happened. I don't remember what the pair was. Levels do not matter.

flowless
12-01-12, 12:29 PM
I would like to try for diamond dragon

If u could tell Me a known successful combo with a shortest failing attempts

No green and purple , sick of poisons
And no blue with green really sick of island

Thanx

Sefyre
12-01-12, 01:31 PM
... You DO realize that unless you already HAVE a Diamond Dragons that you can breed together that the only way TO breed the Diamond with any kind of results is to merge four different colors together, right?

Everyone's 'best' combination is going to be different; what works for one person isn't necessarily going to work for a second person.

That said, if you don't want green or purple or blue, that leaves you yellow and red and only the two colors together won't give you a Diamond and ANY four color combination is going to give you the Dragons you mentioned not liking, such is the nature of breeding four colors together.

Islands are going to be a part of the deal in breeding Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow, and Poisons are going to be a part of breeding four colors that involve Purple.

Sefyre
12-01-12, 01:35 PM
Also, the shortest longest 'fail time' is 20 hours and that's for the Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow set as the Poison set takes one extra hour (21 vs 20).

Takiofallen
12-01-12, 01:36 PM
you can go fire/light/water/magic...... no islands no poison

dansonic
12-01-12, 02:32 PM
I got my diamond with aurora and light, both epic.

ubobdgc
12-01-12, 02:51 PM
Diamond bred with diamond has the shortest fail times

Horntail21
12-01-12, 02:56 PM
Diamond bred with diamond has the shortest fail times

That's kinda impossible without 2 diamonds

Sefyre
12-01-12, 03:12 PM

I totally forgot about that! So true!

... But he asked about shortest fail time and the shortest fail time for that combination is 21 hours also because of the Tusker Dragon, right?

Sefyre
12-01-12, 03:15 PM

... But he asked about shortest fail time and the shortest fail time for that combination is 21 hours also because of the Tusker Dragon, right?

Or rather, the longest fail time for that combination is 21 hours. GAH, I keep getting my words turned around.

Horntail21
12-01-12, 03:17 PM
Well you just can't have it both ways. He wants to avoid some dragons and long fail times. You have to pick one or the other when you are combining that many colors

Takiofallen
12-01-12, 03:44 PM
yes you are right but he can't have it both ways.......if we throw in the air element then he goes from 20/21 to a possible 24..............not cool i have had my feeling hurt by many sunrises .

flowless
12-01-12, 08:50 PM

Thanxxxx

Wasn't In da mood to think

flowless
12-01-12, 08:53 PM
Or rather, the longest fail time for that combination is 21 hours. GAH, I keep getting my words turned around.

This is she ��

Any way wouldn't mind tusker don't have that one

But I really don't wanna see another poision after trying for LE dragons
Glad that's over
I can't stand looking at another island
There are other hated dragons but at least they are 12-14 hour fail time

onawing1
12-02-12, 12:24 AM
Tried tusker/wizard

Twenty hour magic popped up four times out of ten
Two coral
Two winter
A titan
Love.

So they will burn you with gold eating time, no matter what you breed.

ubobdgc
12-02-12, 09:34 AM
Okay, someone told me they got a diamond from athletic and infinity... But that's 3 elements

But they said fire and water creates a 4th element

Please help, jakestorm8?

I need clarification

trangsama
12-02-12, 10:10 PM
fairy + athletic = diamond 100% ^^

CrimsonCalamity
12-02-12, 10:13 PM
fairy + athletic = diamond 100% ^^

No pairing is 100% certain to breed a diamond.

WillowPegasus
12-03-12, 10:09 AM
I got mine on first try using Seabreeze And Life, both level 10. I am on the Original DS, so I am not sure if this works for New Dawn

LadiLewLew
12-07-12, 01:00 AM
Hello, my name is Danielle. I am level 94 on dragon story. A little while back I bought a diamond dragon because I was frustrated with trying every combination possible and not being able to breed one. So now I have my diamond dragon and have bred it over 3 dozen times with a variety of dragons and only outcome I get is a normal dragon, never a diamond hybrid. The game is becoming boring to me. I have every dragon that is on the game except the diamond hybrids and every dragon I have is level 10. So my question is, is it actually possible to breed and obtain a diamond hybrid? Our is it just a pipe dream the players have (including myself) so we continue to try again and again in hopes of it actually working.

grahamkrackers
12-08-12, 09:23 PM
I have 2 diamond and 3 diamond hybreds the crusader. Questal. And mercury

Ira2001
12-09-12, 07:49 AM
I am loving my Aurora dragon ( level 8) and Light dragon (level 7)! I bred them together 3 times and got:

1. Mermaid Dragon
2. Luck Dragon
3.DIAMOND DRAGON!

That is one Super Rare, one Common and my first ULTRA RARE DIAMOND DRAGON!!!

Suave_Spencer
12-09-12, 08:14 AM
I was doing well with Wizard and Fairy, but the last four have been Islands... Think I'll try something different tomorrow.

jaclynryan
12-09-12, 12:17 PM
I got my diamond at level 22. I used charm and mist. Now im at level 50 and still cant get my gold and mercury and of course infinity.

After level 30

Add me iaweforfun ,

Sincerly
Wyvern Nest

Lolas_Kryptonite
12-09-12, 06:13 PM

I really hope that none of this is the case, I'm *just* above level 60 & diamond less..... by your theory I'll never get one : (
*kicks rocks*

LadiLewLew
12-10-12, 05:07 AM
Did you breed them or purchase them if you don't mind me asking? I finally bred a Mercury dragon. I was getting quite frustrated with never being able to breed a diamond hybrid so I am glad I finally succeeded.

ubobdgc
12-15-12, 07:27 AM
Honestly, I feel like diamond type dragons are the most neglected dragons in the game. Sure there rare but wait.

There's no habitat boosts for diamond

There's no large habitat for diamond

But wait there's more

Diamond type dragons are useless in trading

Diamond dragons are the only type that can't have a 100% chance of another diamond dragon when breeding two pure dragons, unlike breeding fire with fire

Diamond dragons have "special breeding laws"' so your likiley to get a fire dragon when breeding diamond and fire

And that's why diamond types are neglected

azychan
12-15-12, 07:40 AM
But every DS players want to get at least 1 diamond and 1 infinity :)

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 07:49 AM
They're NEGLECTED? No, they're special. So they have special features that make them even more unique.
Anyway, who wants diamond habitats to earn even more money? Lol. :p and large habitats I think would kinda defeat the purpose of displaying them. They're sort of a trophy to be shown around, so only one per habitat stresses their awesomness.

What would they be traded for? Thatnwould only make things worse. There's a huge gap between a player who has a diamond (or several) and one who does not....

Frankly, I don't agree with you. ;)

uevenliftbro
12-15-12, 07:59 AM
I agree, if they made the diamond dragons any more special then people would complain EVEN MORE THEN THEY ALREADY DO about how "hard" it is to get one.....

Nefertekas
12-15-12, 08:02 AM
I agree, if they made the diamond dragons any more special then people would complain EVEN MORE THEN THEY ALREADY DO about how "hard" it is to get one.....
Yep. :D

ubobdgc
12-15-12, 09:26 AM
I really hope that none of this is the case, I'm *just* above level 60 & diamond less..... by your theory I'll never get one : (
*kicks rocks*

I got two infinitys on my joint account when I was 60+

Kittiana
12-15-12, 10:15 AM
Level 52 and finally managed to get a diamond. I got my love dragon to epic form and in the description in mentions something about diamond dragons, so I wondered if it was a subtle hint and after 3 tries of breeding my level 10 love dragon and level 7 Aurora I got a diamond. ^_^