PDA

View Full Version : How to get rare dragons easily??

Ning721
05-21-12, 11:20 PM
I have been trying to get the eagle made with fire and air, the fairy one made with air and forest and the wild one with fire and forest, i have tried a couple of times but the same eggs keep coming up! no rare ones have been coming out :(

maguar
05-21-12, 11:28 PM
Honestly it's all the luck of the draw. You can try breeding your hybrids together. It won't increase your chances but what you get will be more of a surprise.

RotomGuy
05-21-12, 11:29 PM
I've heard higher level dragons give a higher chance of rare dragons. But it's based around luck, really. I get a lots of Wilds, but never an Eagle.

Ning721
05-21-12, 11:50 PM
Ah. Thanks a lot! I've been wondering because i tried so many times and my sister got the eagle on her first try! Hope i get a rare one soon! ^^

hokix
05-21-12, 11:52 PM
I think this is just pure luck. I got eagle, wild and fairy on the first try. But no luck with mindvolt and serpent, and of course diamond.

myweedpatch
05-22-12, 07:30 AM
Honestly it's all the luck of the draw. You can try breeding your hybrids together. It won't increase your chances but what you get will be more of a surprise.

I just want to clarify...is it all random? I mean, does it matter what the parents are when breeding? Do you just get a random egg?

RotomGuy
05-22-12, 08:47 AM
I just want to clarify...is it all random? I mean, does it matter what the parents are when breeding? Do you just get a random egg?
Some rumours are going about that the level affects it, but I don't think it's true.

haymk
05-22-12, 08:48 AM
Some rumours are going about that the level affects it, but I don't think it's true.

agree with you. I try with Red lv 4 and Green lv 4 and earn 2 eagle dragon :))

PinkStarbelly
05-22-12, 09:17 AM

It does matter! What maguar meant was, if you use hybrids that together has more than 2 different elements, the variety of dragons you can get is bigger hence the surprise compared to if you use 2 purebreds, they'll only be 2 options - the common or the rare hybrid of that specific combo.

I feel like it's definitely not true. My 4 first ever breedings gave me Fairy, Eagle, Fairy, Fairy. The longer I played (and dragons naturally has higher level) my rare dragon eggs started become more rare ..

Faelinsara
05-22-12, 10:25 PM
It does matter! What maguar meant was, if you use hybrids that together has more than 2 different elements, the variety of dragons you can get is bigger hence the surprise compared to if you use 2 purebreds, they'll only be 2 options - the common or the rare hybrid of that specific combo.

I feel like it's definitely not true. My 4 first ever breedings gave me Fairy, Eagle, Fairy, Fairy. The longer I played (and dragons naturally has higher level) my rare dragon eggs started become more rare ..

There's a rumour going around that its actually reverse level based. That the lower the level of the dragons used the higher the chance of a rare dragon.

hokix
05-22-12, 11:14 PM

Me too. I feel like it's getting harder to get rare dragons.

PinkStarbelly
05-22-12, 11:24 PM
There's a rumour going around that its actually reverse level based. That the lower the level of the dragons used the higher the chance of a rare dragon.

As much as I wish that was true, I highy doubt that is accurate. I kept my purebreds under level 7, because back then I couldn't afford to grow much food as it was hard making money, I only raised them until they were mature enough to breed (level 4) because they don't they don't make as much as hybrids, I prioritize to feed and evolve the hybrids. However, my only Air Dragon that bred 6 out of the 7 rare I have started to hatch less and less rare dragon eggs with time although I didn't feed her.

saintlover
05-23-12, 12:56 AM
I seem to only get the fruitful ones when I try. I've started just selling them for chump change tomget rid of them.

aedanodea
05-28-12, 08:29 AM
Okay I'm totally frustrated I am on my 11th try at getting a fairy dragon. I have tried air first and then second. I have tried different levels. Any suggestions team lava?

brookelynn2006
05-28-12, 11:18 AM

I believe the rumours! I breed a LV. 4 fire with a LV. 4 air 8 times trying to get a eagle. Then I do them both at LV.7 and I get a eagle on the first try!

bellabreez
05-28-12, 11:21 AM
Well I am breeding the level8 island and the level7 firestorm that has been successful for others to get the diamond, and am now on attempt 16! It could be attempt 17 because I think I may have forgot a fruitful before I started keeping a record. I now have gotten a:
Life
Fruitful
Fruitful
Magic
Mist
Eagle
Eagle
Firestorm
Life
Magic
Life
Island
Mist
Life
Life
Firestorm

Does anyone else find this as ridiculous as I do? I can't change now and start over cause that combo could take even longer. AND I just know that the NEXT one is going to be a diamond!!!

schachtelwirt
05-28-12, 11:35 AM
I owe all dragons except the serpent and the diamond and right now I'm working on the serpent but it becomes an island cause the breeding time is 20 hours

moonlightknight
05-28-12, 11:39 AM
I'm having the hardest time with serpent. I'm on my 5 island dragon now. I wish island dragons didn't take so long -_-

CampingTime
05-28-12, 02:37 PM
I have had some luck with the hybrids this Memorial Dayl weekend, but most of the dragons I have used for breeding are level 6-7, and they have resulted in all of the new dragons, a serpent, an island, and a mind volt.

katy840
05-28-12, 05:19 PM
The only dragons I keep getting are firestone, life, and fruit no matter what combination or level of dragons I use. It's rather frustrating.

justinbieber4444
06-04-12, 12:22 PM
I've tried the mist/air combination a dozen times and keep getting mists!!!!!

ankalagon
06-04-12, 12:34 PM
It would make more sense if a higher level dragon gave a higher chance of rare eggs. Then there was an actually an incentive to increase your dragon to epic.

As far as the help/faq and forum consensus says, the level of the dragon makes no difference in either direction...

saintlover
06-06-12, 07:38 AM
I've tried the mist/air combination a dozen times and keep getting mists!!!!!

I just got min (FINALLY) this morning with and island X air cross

khanine
06-06-12, 03:01 PM
Well I am breeding the level8 island and the level7 firestorm that has been successful for others to get the diamond, and am now on attempt 16! It could be attempt 17 because I think I may have forgot a fruitful before I started keeping a record. I now have gotten a:
Life
Fruitful
Fruitful
Magic
Mist
Eagle
Eagle
Firestorm
Life
Magic
Life
Island
Mist
Life
Life
Firestorm

Does anyone else find this as ridiculous as I do? I can't change now and start over cause that combo could take even longer. AND I just know that the NEXT one is going to be a diamond!!!

With the firestorm x island, I used my highest lvl firestorm (10) & my highest lvl island (9) and got mindvolt (1st try), 4 more islands, then I gave up hahaha

daunguyen
06-07-12, 12:39 AM
I owe all dragons except the serpent and the diamond and right now I'm working on the serpent but it becomes an island cause the breeding time is 20 hours

Same here ! I tried to focus on serpent. I got him on my fifth try by using island and forrest. When I went to diamond and used firestorm and island I got serpent again. But I accidently sold him instead of feeding him yesterday. I still didn't have charm so I went for charm last night. I go back to diamond now. I used island and firestorm and got 16 hours breeding again. I guess another serpent is on the way. It could be a charm but I think it is a serpent. Since there is no purple element in island or firestorm.

So if you want a serpent. You could try for diamond. Island and firestorm can bring you a serpent before you know it. Good luckto us all. I still need a diamond

dala12
06-07-12, 01:19 AM
Please tell me how to make a wild dragon! I seem to fail everytime! I thought serpent and blue. But it says 20hrs so no wild. What combo do you think will be right?

daunguyen
06-07-12, 01:24 AM
My Wild dragon came from Fire and Forrest dragon. I got 3 Firestorm and Wild on my fourth try.

daunguyen
06-07-12, 01:27 AM
My Wild dragon came from Fire and Forrest dragon. I got 3 Firestorm and Wild on my fourth try.

Oh. I mean Life, not firestorm. By the way, Wild only needs 6 hours to be breed and 6 hours to hatch

dala12
06-07-12, 01:28 AM
Yeah, I tried that combo also a lot of times! That is why I ask, thought that it was a common dragon?

Chulliedoo
06-07-12, 05:38 AM
I don't think Wild is a common dragon... I think it's as rare as as the Fairy and Eagle.. I haven't tried to breed a Wild yet but it took me about 7 or 8 tries to get a Fairy and about 5 times to get an Eagle. I'm now trying to breed a mindvolt :)

take_note
06-07-12, 07:13 AM
I'm about to give up on ever getting anything rare. Fairy is not coming around 18 and counting. It's really frustrating.

smjdel
06-07-12, 08:09 AM
Seems very random. I got two eagles with level 6-7 breeders on the first and second tries,a fairy on my second try, a planet(!) the first time I bred level 7 red and purple (I was going for a charm, LOL), but no sign of seabreeze on multiple high level attempts. ((Shrugs))

khanine
06-07-12, 11:13 AM
Got my Seabreeze after a failing streak :) I think it's purely luck...

Gamezealot
06-08-12, 09:57 AM
Just keep breeding them, and selling those fruitful ones!! I like the firestorm and the eagle the best, hence why I have so many. For eagles, just keep breeding firestorms! :)

crystalrayn3
06-08-12, 10:21 AM
Get rare breeds easily?!? Ha! The secret is: There Is No Easy Way :-P

PattyZhangp
06-09-12, 05:12 AM
Okay I'm totally frustrated I am on my 11th try at getting a fairy dragon. I have tried air first and then second. I have tried different levels. Any suggestions team lava?

Me too! The two dragons I've been breeding are both level 7, so I bought another forest (since it was cheaper than another air) and when my breeding den opens up I'll try that, since I've gotten no luck trying 15 times with that combo, or with fruitful and air.

saintlover
06-09-12, 06:58 AM
There is no easy way. Totally just luck. After getting a army of mist, charm and firestorm dragons I almost gave up before I got the ones I was after. Eventually it will come. For some lucky people they get it on the first try and other it takes try after try after try... I know how frustrating it is. I'm still struggling to get a wild and I've completely given up on the diamond. I figure if it's meant to be it will, I've just topped holding my breath every time I put the dragons in the breeder.

Sitalips
06-09-12, 02:32 PM
Same here ! I tried to focus on serpent. I got him on my fifth try by using island and forrest. When I went to diamond and used firestorm and island I got serpent again. But I accidently sold him instead of feeding him yesterday. I still didn't have charm so I went for charm last night. I go back to diamond now. I used island and firestorm and got 16 hours breeding again. I guess another serpent is on the way. It could be a charm but I think it is a serpent. Since there is no purple element in island or firestorm.

So if you want a serpent. You could try for diamond. Island and firestorm can bring you a serpent before you know it. Good luckto us all. I still need a diamond

I got a serpent I think first try. Is it 16 hours right?

countessa
09-13-12, 10:51 AM
I got my diamond on the first try using the serpent dragon and the charm dragons. Haven't gotten another

fishquinn
05-06-13, 09:01 AM
well that doesn't work! My forest dragon and my air dragon were level 10 and I got the Parakeet dragon first time

alyssafriends
05-06-13, 09:57 AM
The key is that "you can't always get what you want" or maybe you won't get what you want. I see threads on people needing eagles...have 3 of them. I see threads on people needing fairies...have traded 4 or 5 and still have 4 waiting to be evolved so I can trade them. I see threads of people needing serpents and I have 5 waiting to be traded. I have tried about 100 times for a diamond and none yet. The one thing that seems to work well is using the breed boost. For 100,000 coins I find it well worth while. I get more rares that commons using it.

fagoggil
05-06-13, 06:05 PM
Seems very random. I got two eagles with level 6-7 breeders on the first and second tries,a fairy on my second try, a planet(!) the first time I bred level 7 red and purple (I was going for a charm, LOL), but no sign of seabreeze on multiple high level attempts. ((Shrugs))

Each persons game responds differently to dragon breeding levels. Some games like low / low levels, some med/med levels, some high/high levels, some games respond best to a combination on levels. My game likes a low// med or med/ high mix of dragons. As the person who said as their dtagon levels goes up ability to get rare dragons goes down. Me too. You have to keep track. And with the way everything splits it is still hard to get.

jaccmihoff
12-02-13, 03:10 PM
IS there any recommended combinations that can increase your chance at a rare or ultra rare dragon? What are the combinations that are recommended? thanks to all.

Lorgalis
12-02-13, 03:19 PM
My experience: The more variety in the Combos I use the higher the propability of receiving some rares or very rares (even ultra rares). The most important thing to consider is - not having a particular dragon in mind when trying. I simply calculate how many dragons (which i do not possess yet) are possible with a given combo, then doing that with some other combos as well. After that I have a list of three or four different combos with maximum possible random hits of dragons I do not have yet. Those combos I repeat until they are "depleted", then (or even earlier) I add a new combo (for example to get those new metal-hybrids).

danni7788
12-02-13, 05:53 PM
My experience: The more variety in the Combos I use the higher the propability of receiving some rares or very rares (even ultra rares). The most important thing to consider is - not having a particular dragon in mind when trying. I simply calculate how many dragons (which i do not possess yet) are possible with a given combo, then doing that with some other combos as well. After that I have a list of three or four different combos with maximum possible random hits of dragons I do not have yet. Those combos I repeat until they are "depleted", then (or even earlier) I add a new combo (for example to get those new metal-hybrids).

I love this strategy. I did the same thing- used quetzal/lightning because I needed a lot of dragons with those colors (cornucopia, kite, falling leaf, owl, flower, etc) and I ended up getting gold! And then falling leaf :)

JustKay
12-03-13, 03:40 AM
Nothing I say is confirmed, but I've been playing from the start of Dragon Story and my own experience is that I prefer to breed with as high a level as possible, and I need to alternate breeding goals. Breeding luck seems to need to recharge, so if you keep breeding the same two dragons then you'll actually be doing yourself a disservice. If you really must get that specific dragon, try alternating between two sets of hybrids that together have the right colour combination (eg. Eagle = Yellow + Firestorm or Red + Scorpion). Personally it's easier for me to switch to a different breeding goal and come back to it. This is why I think you get half the people getting luck on the first try (breeding luck was saved up previously), and the other half trying like mad with no luck (failed to strike first time and never let the dragons 'recharge'.)

JustKay
12-03-13, 03:53 AM
I should probably add that I got my diamond alternating between epic level Athlete + Fairy, and Island + Firestorm. If you need proof, so far I've got 120 dragon types, none of them bought with money. Although you should factor in that I've been playing ever since the start (which must have been 1-2 years ago... I think this is the second halloween event they've had). I also play an insane amount and log in everyday, so maybe the click through might help increase your breeding luck :)

jimmiejoe
12-14-13, 03:46 AM
There is a reason they are called rare.....

My guess as to the odds of getting one are that each level of rarity has a percentage chance attached to it (for example: 80% chance of getting common, 40% chance of getting rare, etc. These numbers are random guesses BTW)