PDA

View Full Version : Too much food...

trinityblaze
05-20-12, 02:10 PM
I have an over abundant amount of food in my bakery and leave it open 24/7. On the other hand, I'm always running out of food in my restaurant and have to close at night. It's getting to the point where I don't even feel like baking new items because I have too much as it is. Any suggestions???

sparks229
05-20-12, 02:26 PM
Store your appliances ;)

trinityblaze
05-20-12, 02:33 PM
lol is anyone experiencing this?

HyperNova1986
05-20-12, 05:46 PM
Im also having problem like this.. I have probably close to million plates or maybe over combining all counters. I just keep on cooking and buy more counters..

dria_91
05-20-12, 08:39 PM
Omg plzzz don't start complaining about having too much food or TL will screw with the food quantity and profit again!!! Lmao! I just stop cooking for a while until the dishes go down

ariesblu
05-20-12, 08:43 PM
It's widely known that for some reason food is sold faster in RS than in BS. I too have my RS closed because it's hard to keep food on the counters, while I have so much old food on my counters in BS.

moda999
05-21-12, 01:52 AM
I have the same problem but in restaurant started cooking current dishes to get gems on only some of my appliances as number of servings is poor. I cook higher serving recipes on the rest such as chicken tenders I think and finally have a small surplus so I don't have to close over night. Sehana's charts were really helpful.

I am level 96 in both on my other id so couldn't understand how each game could be so different. My fotune cookies are now starting to look moldy lol.

beertjeanita
05-21-12, 02:18 AM
Same problem to me.I quit cooking for almost 1 week and then TL came up with new goals,so i started again LoL
After i finished the goals i quit cooking again.First i want to ran out my old stuff.When it is all gone i place stuff from mygifts and start cooking with new recipes....

beertjeanita
05-21-12, 02:18 AM
And indeed at Restaurant the food flown out so quick!!!

bobbyrae
05-21-12, 05:30 AM
Store your appliances ;)

Yep. That's what i have done. I'm not cooking until i see some significant decrease in my food. I'm using the opportunity to build those bread ovens.

AnnasCoffee
05-21-12, 06:29 AM
I quit cooking for 5 weeks, back in January. I dont like the hoarded food look. I hated having that many counters, my bakery was so crowded.

Looking back, I wish I had kept cooking. But I would have ONLY cooked RED VELVET CAKE. It might take one to three months of cooking only red velvet cake, but you will sell out. And during those months you will only need to log into the game once per day... It's like a little break:). Oh...and...You will have millions of coins to expand!

syrenas
05-21-12, 06:37 AM
Try to cook longer recipe but lower serving. Usually old recipe had this. Or you can set target, for example 50k, when your plate reach 50k, cook other recipe. When you feel that the plate keep increasing, stop cooking for a while. If you still want to play, cook only in one or two appliancess. I did this since like level 50, and so far i always maintain counter not more than 12.
In one day we can only sell 45k plate, try to cook lower than that.

shakiba
05-21-12, 06:41 AM
Yep. That's what i have done. I'm not cooking until i see some significant decrease in my food. I'm using the opportunity to build those bread ovens.
I'm doing this too.

I can't even remodel bc the food takes up soo much space. Now I'm just going to wait, with no food ordered, and build those bread ovens.

dria_91
05-21-12, 08:43 AM
Lol I honestly think there is favoritism shown towards BS! Idk y, (little off topic) but y does bs get higher daily bonuses than rs? And you earn higher profit in bs. I think the highest cost of a dish in RS is $8 or something. I'm not having a problem with keeping food on my counters in RS but I do notice some of the foods clear faster than BS. And in BS I have some foods that are above 50,000 in quantities.

dria_91
05-21-12, 08:48 AM
I'm doing this too.

I can't even remodel bc the food takes up soo much space. Now I'm just going to wait, with no food ordered, and build those bread ovens.
Same here I have 57 counters and I don't have room to do more decorations to my bakery. Now that I mastered a lot of recipes I can probably start storing some of those counters to make more room

cakeandpie
05-21-12, 10:11 AM
I have about 75-80 counters. It is ridiculous! And aside from mastering recipes and doing goals (and building up my supply of rainbow cupcakes because I do want that one to stick around ��), I don't even cook! I leave my appliances idle whenever I can. The problem is that if I want the gems from mastery, and I do, I have to cook the recipe tons and tons of times and that leaves me with a counter stocked with anywhere from 60K-400K! I only get rid of an average of 1-2 counters a week, and TL is adding recipes just as fast. I have enough food to keep my bakery open for at least a year even if I never cooked another item! Yet I don't want to just clear 90% of my counters off, because I have millions of coins in profit sitting on those counters.

On the other hand, my food in RS sells out at a good pace and I never have to worry about stockpiling. I think in RS, the number of servings divided by the number of hours it takes to cook a recipe is much lower than in BS.

bobbyrae
05-21-12, 10:14 AM
Same here I have 57 counters and I don't have room to do more decorations to my bakery. Now that I mastered a lot of recipes I can probably start storing some of those counters to make more room

I know it's a game but i just can't bring myself to throw even virtual food away by storing the counters. :p

trace35
05-22-12, 07:00 PM
Omg plzzz don't start complaining about having too much food or TL will screw with the food quantity and profit again!!! Lmao! I just stop cooking for a while until the dishes go down

And mean while your not making any money because your food is selling at a snails pace!

bobbyrae
05-22-12, 07:05 PM
And mean while your not making any money because your food is selling at a snails pace!

I actually find i make more money when i'm not cooking anything, obviously, because i'm not spending money to cook items. You don't actually make money by cooking items. It is not the act of cooking items per se that makes money. It is only when the cooked item is placed on the counters and starts being sold that you actually start to earn money form the item.

What i'm not earning by not cooking anything is xp. Which is fine for me right now.

shakiba
05-22-12, 07:05 PM
I know it's a game but i just can't bring myself to throw even virtual food away by storing the counters. :p

I cant do that either. I wait until its around less than 800 servings, then I throw them away. I rarely do that, but I can't do anything else.

trace35
05-22-12, 07:13 PM
I actually find i make more money when i'm not cooking anything, obviously, because i'm not spending money to cook items. You don't actually make money by cooking items. It is not the act of cooking items per se that makes money. It is only when the cooked item is placed on the counters and starts being sold that you actually start to earn money form the item.

What i'm not earning by not cooking anything is xp. Which is fine for me right now.
I'm not great at maths, but if the food is not selling fast enough how can we sell 45000 a day? Is it the same per day in rs? If so why does the food fly off the counters in restaurant?

dria_91
05-22-12, 10:30 PM
I honestly think the sells are fine. Ur just making too much darn food. Lol that's the problem.

pixelslave
06-07-12, 06:27 AM
With the constant stream of new appliances and new recipes we have to keep baking to get gems. But when doing this I find I barely break even for the day, because once you have 18 appliances you will always have a surplus unless you only cook red velvet cake. Once you get to a surplus level, serving counts and even baking times don't matter, since you will only make the plate cost back if you sell everything, which is only possible if you stop baking, which you can't do because you have to work toward mastery on each recipe.

My strategy is to go after gems or coins, but not both. If I'm going for gems I bake without regard for profit. I only keep the number of counters I want to have and I dump old food and replace it with new as I run out of counter space. To my mind, there is no point keeping more food than I want if it will never sell--I'm not going to stop baking to work through inventory. At 4 coins a plate that's too slow. Instead, after I'm done mastering all new recipes I switch to red velvet cake, dump all the other food, and sell only the red velvet cake (and Capp gifts) until the next set of new appliances/recipes comes in.

exiguous
06-15-12, 09:21 PM
With the constant stream of new appliances and new recipes we have to keep baking to get gems. But when doing this I find I barely break even for the day, because once you have 18 appliances you will always have a surplus unless you only cook red velvet cake. Once you get to a surplus level, serving counts and even baking times don't matter, since you will only make the plate cost back if you sell everything, which is only possible if you stop baking, which you can't do because you have to work toward mastery on each recipe.

My strategy is to go after gems or coins, but not both. If I'm going for gems I bake without regard for profit. I only keep the number of counters I want to have and I dump old food and replace it with new as I run out of counter space. To my mind, there is no point keeping more food than I want if it will never sell--I'm not going to stop baking to work through inventory. At 4 coins a plate that's too slow. Instead, after I'm done mastering all new recipes I switch to red velvet cake, dump all the other food, and sell only the red velvet cake (and Capp gifts) until the next set of new appliances/recipes comes in.

I'm actually having this problem... I am not making any money and I have spent a lot on decorations and such... I was going to keep track of exactly how much I make over night and added another door to see if anything changes. I remember making money faster at some point but maybe I have been sniffing too much glue.

LynnStorm8
06-15-12, 10:16 PM

I've adopted this strategy as well.

Gems or Coins - I can't do both at Lvl 31, 8 appliances
and hope to earn enough $$$ for expansion.

The only difference is I usually master until Lvl 2 (23 recipes) for a Gem,
unless the cooking time is super short.
Lvl 4 (60 more recipes) for a 2nd Gem,
I'll wait til later when I level up.

Also, I don't consider clearing low-gain food after mastering recipes wasteful.
I think of the gained Gems as ROIs (Return of Investments) :D

Of course, to make my bakery pretty,
I bake token quantities of other items,
but the real coin makers I bake a LOT ^_^

LynnStorm8
06-15-12, 10:24 PM
I've adopted this strategy as well.

Gems or Coins - I can't do both at Lvl 31, 8 appliances
and hope to earn enough $$$ for expansion.

The only difference is I usually master until Lvl 2 (23 recipes) for a Gem,
unless the cooking time is super short.
Lvl 4 (60 more recipes) for a 2nd Gem,
I'll wait til later when I level up.

Also, I don't consider clearing low-gain food after mastering recipes wasteful.
I think of the gained Gems as ROIs (Return of Investments) :D

Of course, to make my bakery pretty,
I bake token quantities of other items,
but the real coin makers I bake a LOT ^_^

Forgot to mention that with TL games,
Every Single Gem counts.

I think this strategy is kinda like
"earning your own Gems by cooking with/investing Coins" :D

That's my skewed logic, at least :p

efoote
06-17-12, 03:02 AM
Goodness I wish I had this problem. I never have enough food...I play about 3Xs a day on a good day & my counters are always empty. Maybe @ a higher level I'll have this problem?! I am only @ level 20...is this the problem?

How does everyone have soo much food?
TY

yuimiko
06-17-12, 03:14 AM
Goodness I wish I had this problem. I never have enough food...I play about 3Xs a day on a good day & my counters are always empty. Maybe @ a higher level I'll have this problem?! I am only @ level 20...is this the problem?

How does everyone have soo much food?
TY

How many appliances do you have?

efoote
06-17-12, 03:20 AM
How many appliances do you have?

only 6

amentofashion
06-17-12, 10:36 AM

Totally doing that I just have to wait for my 2 million other plates of food to subside (yes, I added them up roughly, haha)

lj74717
06-17-12, 11:31 AM
I hardly buy any decorations these days, perhaps 1 or 2 per week. All my coins are spent on cooking and new appliances and this brings me somewhere around break even. From time to time I throw away food that I don't like, mainly because of the design.

yuimiko
06-17-12, 11:10 PM
only 6

well, once you gain level, get more appliances and start to cook to mastery of every recipe, u will have surplus food.
when i first started, i need to close out my bakery for food to stock up.