PDA

View Full Version : Gifting

Pages : [1] 2

drgness
05-20-12, 12:41 AM
Yesterday Icould not gift at all. This morning the option finally showed up and I decided to gift as I visit. I managed to visit two islands before the option disappeared. Next time I will try bulk gifting then visiting. Is anyone else having a problem?

Here's a little bit more information about our gifting feature: You can send up to three Gold per day, one each for three different neighbors. If you select more than three neighbors to send Gold, the game will randomly select the three that will receive gold. You can receive up to 20 Gold each day from your neighbors, and please keep in mind that you may not actually see the gold added to your gold count as it may have been added when you tapped to accept it, rather than when the game notified you that you'd received the gold.

If you're looking for tips and tricks to help you in-game, you should visit our Dragon Story Forums (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?91-Dragon-Story-Discussions). :)

sofiebarbie
05-20-12, 01:53 AM
The frist day i played i could give gold to neighbours, but since then i can't any more.
In my neighbour list the buttons are not active. And when i go to ? neighbour the icon of a giftbox shortly appears, but disappears when the whole page is downloaded.

Superyalda
05-20-12, 03:00 AM
I found with all the games, that when you first go into the neighbor tab after reset, the gift button is inactive. You need to close it and open it a few times, then they become active.

This being said ... It's only before you gift three people after reset.

Btw ... Has anyone reported that bug?

cubsrock1908
05-20-12, 09:38 AM
I hear u can only gift 3 people a day

greygull
05-20-12, 10:50 AM
You can only gift 3 people a day. If you gift all of your neighbors, it will most likely randomly pick 3 neighbors for you.

sassylis
05-20-12, 12:03 PM
Oh really, that's a shame but would explain why I haven't received any gifts yet :-( xx

CampingTime
05-20-12, 03:24 PM
I am curious as to why the designers went this route with gifting. On the surface, it is quite attractive to see that people can send something as useful as gold, but this sets up a rather ugly "second class" tier system.

Let me say this in a--most likely--not so hypothetical fashion. People have forged close bonds with other gamers from one of the other "Story" games and decide to bring that connection to this new game when they decide to try it. Along the way, they pick up new neighbors that are unique to Dragon Story. Now, which of those neighbors are going to receive the three gold a day? No need to have a Harvard degree to answer that one! Here is another scenario: people made quick neighbors once this game started, but have added others since. Now, those original neighbors are as good as gold--trite cliche intended, mind you--so, once again, to whom are they likely to send the precious three gold? The list of possibilities could go on and on.

Truthfully, there is no reason to begrudge these people for making such a choice; I completely understand that reasoning. Not everyone is going to share the wealth all around. The flaw is in creating such a limited gifting system. Certainly, the gold is more precious than, say, dog bowls, and Team Lava wants to protect this resource; it is part of their true cash system and to open the floodgates of gold to everyone, every day, would hinder their cash flow.

Obviously, one fix would be that gold could be gifted one day a week to all neighbors, reserving the other six days to a small amount of coins or something we could sell like decor. We could even place it on our farms if we have the room, though it feels like space is its own precious commodity right now in the game's early stages.

I hope some fix to this system is implemented some time soon in the game. Of course, Dragon Story is new, and therefore has flaws to be ironed out. This is one the developers need to address.

PinkStarbelly
05-20-12, 05:46 PM
I am curious as to why the designers went this route with gifting. On the surface, it is quite attractive to see that people can send something as useful as gold, but this sets up a rather ugly "second class" tier system.

Let me say this in a--most likely--not so hypothetical fashion. People have forged close bonds with other gamers from one of the other "Story" games and decide to bring that connection to this new game when they decide to try it. Along the way, they pick up new neighbors that are unique to Dragon Story. Now, which of those neighbors are going to receive the three gold a day? No need to have a Harvard degree to answer that one! Here is another scenario: people made quick neighbors once this game started, but have added others since. Now, those original neighbors are as good as gold--trite cliche intended, mind you--so, once again, to whom are they likely to send the precious three gold? The list of possibilities could go on and on.

Truthfully, there is no reason to begrudge these people for making such a choice; I completely understand that reasoning. Not everyone is going to share the wealth all around. The flaw is in creating such a limited gifting system. Certainly, the gold is more precious than, say, dog bowls, and Team Lava wants to protect this resource; it is part of their true cash system and to open the floodgates of gold to everyone, every day, would hinder their cash flow.

Obviously, one fix would be that gold could be gifted one day a week to all neighbors, reserving the other six days to a small amount of coins or something we could sell like decor. We could even place it on our farms if we have the room, though it feels like space is its own precious commodity right now in the game's early stages.

I hope some fix to this system is implemented some time soon in the game. Of course, Dragon Story is new, and therefore has flaws to be ironed out. This is one the developers need to address.

I totally agree on everything you wrote, however, any changes would be extremely difficult and I think TL thought about many options before finally choosing and I guess 3 each day still ended up being the best option for both them and us (but mostly them). Gifting all nbrs once a week doesn't really make sense, especially in DS, which is by far the most "complex" TL game to date. We actually have to use our brains here. We have multiple options in every move we make, where to place dragons, how many (1-3) to put and which ones to either make it look pretty or to balance it the earnings equally to all habitats for more efficiant collecting. It's quite strategic to survive in this game, especially in the beginning. I have over 200 nbrs at the moment and if I were to be able to gift them all, I'm sure my nbrs would be much higher as everyone would try to get as many nbrs as possible.

Now, if we go back to our current situation where we are limited to gift only 3 gold each day, it shouldn't be too hard to receive at least 3 back. Just find 3 active nbrs and ask if they are interested in exchanging gold daily.

sparks229
05-20-12, 06:44 PM
I'm glad we at least get to gift some gold but I wish we could gift something else such as food to the neighbors we didn't send gold to.

CampingTime
05-20-12, 07:23 PM
I totally agree on everything you wrote, however, any changes would be extremely difficult and I think TL thought about many options before finally choosing and I guess 3 each day still ended up being the best option for both them and us (but mostly them). Gifting all nbrs once a week doesn't really make sense, especially in DS, which is by far the most "complex" TL game to date. We actually have to use our brains here. We have multiple options in every move we make, where to place dragons, how many (1-3) to put and which ones to either make it look pretty or to balance it the earnings equally to all habitats for more efficiant collecting. It's quite strategic to survive in this game, especially in the beginning. I have over 200 nbrs at the moment and if I were to be able to gift them all, I'm sure my nbrs would be much higher as everyone would try to get as many nbrs as possible.

Now, if we go back to our current situation where we are limited to gift only 3 gold each day, it shouldn't be too hard to receive at least 3 back. Just find 3 active nbrs and ask if they are interested in exchanging gold daily.

True, we can find three people, no problem there, but that does not address my initial observation that this is creating a "second tier" system. I gift my three friends as you suggest, but the other neighbors are going to receive nothing from me, again minimalizing the value of a neighbor.

Let's throw out the gold for a second--would it not be equitable to be able to gift all of our neighbors somehow?

PinkStarbelly
05-20-12, 09:00 PM
True, we can find three people, no problem there, but that does not address my initial observation that this is creating a "second tier" system. I gift my three friends as you suggest, but the other neighbors are going to receive nothing from me, again minimalizing the value of a neighbor.

Let's throw out the gold for a second--would it not be equitable to be able to gift all of our neighbors somehow?

Well .. It's actually a hard question because there actually is gold involved. If there wasn't, this issue wouldn't have existed. Do you play PHS? Over there, aside from the 3 gems you can gift each day, there are constructible parts that some rooms need to be built. Over there, this "I send you - you send me" issue is quite minor as gem isn't the ONLY gift one can send. Many players simply check all nbrs and the game will send gems to 3 random players and after they'd sent a construcible part to the rest of their nbrs and feel less bad about it. I personally HATE that! Why? Well, because I barely build any construcible rooms, however, I'm always flooded with parts my many nbrs send me although I decline as often as I can but that means my chances of receiving a gem actually becomes smaller the more nbrs I have. Here on DS, however, as gold is the only gift, I'll either be 1 of the lucky 3 to receive a person's gem and if not, at least I will be able to get a fair chance on someone else's before my giftbox get's clogged.

drgness
05-20-12, 10:12 PM
Many thanks for the info! It would help if this were made clear in the FAQ as it is a different system to the other games. I agree with the other folks who would like something else to gift to other neighbours though!

moonlightknight
05-21-12, 12:29 AM
Many of you may not agree with this solution but I was talking with my girlfriend the other day about this subject. I believe a healthy yet great solution for both parties would be to allow gifting to all nbrs but limit the number of nbfrs. Clearly if DS allows you to have an infinite nbrs then send gold to all friends would make the money making aspect of this game redundent for TL. Now lets say you could only have a total of 15 nbrs Max? Every day the most gild you could get is 15 and that's of course if the people you friended you actually friend back. This would limit the number of gold a person can get and still allows TL to make money because people would then have to invite more friends or actually buy gold. I understand that this option is a bit flawed but with some twiking it could really work. Maybe 10 friends. That means the most you could get is 10 a day. They could also lock your friends list so that once you have friended its for life. This would mean the people you friend have to keep playing. What do you guys think about this solution?

PinkStarbelly
05-21-12, 03:39 AM
Many of you may not agree with this solution but I was talking with my girlfriend the other day about this subject. I believe a healthy yet great solution for both parties would be to allow gifting to all nbrs but limit the number of nbfrs. Clearly if DS allows you to have an infinite nbrs then send gold to all friends would make the money making aspect of this game redundent for TL. Now lets say you could only have a total of 15 nbrs Max? Every day the most gild you could get is 15 and that's of course if the people you friended you actually friend back. This would limit the number of gold a person can get and still allows TL to make money because people would then have to invite more friends or actually buy gold. I understand that this option is a bit flawed but with some twiking it could really work. Maybe 10 friends. That means the most you could get is 10 a day. They could also lock your friends list so that once you have friended its for life. This would mean the people you friend have to keep playing. What do you guys think about this solution?

Please don't take this personally but that is just a horrible idea! Aside from the fact that it doesn't make any sense, it's simply clashes with what TL games stands for in the first place. These games encourages socialization by adding the features like tipping/playing/partying etc. and tipping, we also need to have quite a lot of nbrs to expand or to request mystic maps from in DS' case. I think we need to stop trying to solve the "problems" of only getting to gift 3 gems/gold and appreciate it for what it is. It's really new and only PHS and DS offers this, I'm scared if we keep complaining too much they might just remove this "gift", because honestly, it's not a must for them to give stuff out for free that is supposed to be bought.

SmokeyMtnGirl
05-21-12, 04:17 AM
Camping there are also new people who play and newbies can hook up. Personally I pretty much just do the Pet Story right now even though I have several stories downloaded. I recently started a new job and work way too many hours to have time for these story games. Seems to keep up with all of them it would be a full time job :(

DAmanding
05-21-12, 10:27 AM

I bolded the last bit in the quote. NO NO NO DEAR TL GODS PLEASE NO DON'T LOCK OUR FRIENDS IN FOR LIFE! What happens when they all gradually quit playing? Then you get nothing and can't even replace them.

I think by far the best option is to keep the option to send a limited amount of gold each day and to add the option to send food to the rest. Yes the creation of a "second class" of neighbors is going to happen. But I already have the problem of having more long time friends from other games as neighbors in DS then I can send gold to anyway. So they're still not guaranteed to get gold from me. What I do is not the fairest option, but its kind of a middle ground. I have two friends with whom we have a mutual gold gifting understanding each day, this way I'm guaranteed two gold a day and so are they. Then the third gold gift randomly goes to someone who has recently gifted me gold regardless of whether they are an existing friend or a new neighbor. Its not ideal and I'd really like to gift food to everyone else. For that matter I'd really really really love to RECEIVE food gifts. Almost more than gold.

kooky panda
05-21-12, 10:33 AM
I agree, I like to be able to send some gold out, but I would like to be able to send the rest of my neighbors food.
When trying to feed a higher leveled dragon it takes tons of food.

The suggestion of sending food as gifts has been passed on.

viviansmo
05-21-12, 10:37 AM
I also like that idea. Right now I have 1 nbr that we exchange gold every day. My other two gold... they either go to whoever has gifted me gold, and if I haven't received two other gold, I gift them to my lowest-level neighbors (I figure they need them more).

But I would love to gift and receive food. 1000 food per serving, times 5 or 6? servings to get to the end of level 9 so they can evolve... I've only managed to get one dragon there so far. More food would be great.

driftboutique
05-21-12, 10:38 AM
I love the idea of food as gifts.

sourlicorice2
05-21-12, 11:14 AM
I'd like to be able to send food. As of now I have 2 nbrs I exchange with daily and the third gold I take turns gifting to my other nbrs.

CampingTime
05-21-12, 11:47 AM
I completely agree that food is a wonderful solution. Kooky is absolutely correct about the food becoming pricey at hire level dragons.

On the topic of gold gifting, however, here is one possible solution that could possibly honor the social aspect of the game AND not interfere with the TL cash flow. Have one gift button for ALL neighbors. You hit the button and then the gold goes randomly to the three fortunate neighbors. Not sure if this is possible, but it would encourage more people to adopt neighbors as it should give a greater chance of receiving some gold. From my perspective, it would also eliminate my concern over "second tier" neighbors.

DAmanding
05-21-12, 12:15 PM
On the topic of gold gifting, however, here is one possible solution that could possibly honor the social aspect of the game AND not interfere with the TL cash flow. Have one gift button for ALL neighbors. You hit the button and then the gold goes randomly to the three fortunate neighbors. Not sure if this is possible, but it would encourage more people to adopt neighbors as it should give a greater chance of receiving some gold. From my perspective, it would also eliminate my concern over "second tier" neighbors.

You can already do this (without the select all button). Just manually select all of your neighbors on the list and gift them. The game will randomly select three to send it to.

fluevogi
05-21-12, 01:01 PM
You can already do this (without the select all button). Just manually select all of your neighbors on the list and gift them. The game will randomly select three to send it to.

Yes we can, but most people don't. And if it is not the only option, the second-tier system will exist.

fluevogi
05-21-12, 01:06 PM
Also I have a big problem with not able to receive gold. 3-4 days ago, somehow I was so lucky that 6 or more neighbor of mine sent me gold. Of course I could not received al, of them. I gifted back 3 of those, but the other 3 or 4 got hanging and I could not register them. Well since that "lucky" day I am getting 1 gold max a day. so I'm way below the daily 3 gold, but I can not receive those . those unreceived gift are hanging there , I couldn't get them and nobody could. this is really bad, IMHO

moonlightknight
05-21-12, 02:23 PM
I can say I completely agree with the food gifting aspect. Sorry if my idea seem crazy its not something I feel strong l y about i just thought I would throw the idea out there....

mollyblue
05-21-12, 02:30 PM
LOVE the idea of gifting food...

As far as gold, I'm making a conscious choice to send it to everyone and let randomness take over - 3 people get lucky, and hopefully I'm on the lucky end of some of my neighbours too. It's the only way that's fair.

mattyboo1
05-21-12, 02:34 PM
We should be able to send as many gems as we want that was the way it was when pet hotel started

mattyboo1
05-21-12, 02:34 PM
And it was like that when dragon story started also

mattyboo1
05-21-12, 02:36 PM
At least give us some other gifts that we can send all the time

greygull
05-21-12, 02:42 PM
I do like the idea of gifting food as well :)

But maybe to change things up a bit, have a third option of gifting maps! You need more and more of those for every expansion, and can only request 20 a day (I think?). So being able to gift those as well as fill requests for them would be helpful to people too :)

crystalrayn3
05-21-12, 02:51 PM
Food as a gifting option is a great thought, considering how much is needed to reach epic levels *nom nom nom* Apple anyone?🍎😜

SmokeyMtnGirl
05-21-12, 04:07 PM

Why would it mean a person would have to keep playing? I can quit any game anytime I want to. So could anybody else.

CampingTime
05-21-12, 06:28 PM
Yes we can, but most people don't. And if it is not the only option, the second-tier system will exist.

This is my point exactly. Take away the option to gift your close friends. I have no doubt neighbor lists would continue to grow this way.

CampingTime
05-21-12, 06:32 PM

But maybe to change things up a bit, have a third option of gifting maps! You need more and more of those for every expansion, and can only request 20 a day (I think?). So being able to gift those as well as fill requests for them would be helpful to people too :)

Though I have not made it that far yet, this too would make a good option for gifting.

sparks229
05-21-12, 07:31 PM

No offense or anything but I really do disagree. If this was in PSS, RS, NS, and fashion, people would hate TL becaus ei would be in their list forever and ever and ever lol.

I'm actually fine with the "second-tier" thing just because I'd rather receive gifts than none. Maps- a great idea. I'm not there yet but it takes a lot of maps to expand. And to reach a dragons epic form- 1,000 food!!! Not including the other levels either.
I've only gotten one dragon to epic form and I need food!!!! Lol :p

SweetBGs
05-22-12, 06:09 AM
Yes, please add food for gifts, TL!

drgness
05-22-12, 07:21 AM

I think food and maps as an option is an excellent idea! And many thanks to everyone for taking the time to explain the new system, I seriously thought there was a glitch in the game, even went to the trouble of uninstalling and re-installing the app. One of those special moments I guess 😜I would still like to see a better description in the FAQs if that is possible, it might help the easily confused like me 😊

PinkStarbelly
05-22-12, 08:15 AM
I completely agree that food is a wonderful solution. Kooky is absolutely correct about the food becoming pricey at hire level dragons.

You just contradicted yourself there by thinking 1 way only. By forcing players to select all NBRS and supposedly encourage people to get more nbrs as it gives a "greater chance" of receiving gold. Well, the thing is - according to the laws of mathematics, the more nbrs a person has, the smaller the chance for those nbrs to receive a gold. So then everyone will keep adding and adding until all players of the game starts living in the same neighborhood, if you know what I'm saying.. And if we're all nbrs, what difference would it really be to not have the option of having nbrs

Purplum
05-22-12, 08:40 AM
It would be nice if we could gift maps, too. I went to expand this morning and needed 32 maps and only had 1 already. Now I'm stuck at 21 maps and therefore won't be able to expand until tomorrow (and then, of course, I'll have to wait for the expansion time after that.)

Either that, or lift the 20 gift limit so we can get all of our maps in one shot. I'm far too impatient to wait multiple days just to begin my expansion, lol.

PinkStarbelly
05-22-12, 08:55 AM
I don't know if I'm kind of an downer because it's almost 9AM and I haven't slept yet or if I'm just more realistic. I thought about this thing about gifting food over a week ago, it's only natural if we could because it's an option in other TL games but then I thought more thorough about what that would mean for DS. It's really hard to put food out there because of the fact that the serving sizes varies so much the higher level the dragon is. Since we can only receive 20 gifts a day, what would be the appropriate "food pack" size on the gift? If it's to the lower end, we might have to receive food packs from NBRS a freaking month to feed 1 single serving to our level 9 dragon. If it's to the higher end, we'd be able to level up our baby dragon several levels up by just a day's worth of food packs. Anyone understand the dilemma I'm talking about?? Probably why TL couldn't find an appropriate amount. Hm ..

DAmanding
05-22-12, 11:52 AM
I don't know if I'm kind of an downer because it's almost 9AM and I haven't slept yet or if I'm just more realistic. I thought about this thing about gifting food over a week ago, it's only natural if we could because it's an option in other TL games but then I thought more thorough about what that would mean for DS. It's really hard to put food out there because of the fact that the serving sizes varies so much the higher level the dragon is. Since we can only receive 20 gifts a day, what would be the appropriate "food pack" size on the gift? If it's to the lower end, we might have to receive food packs from NBRS a freaking month to feed 1 single serving to our level 9 dragon. If it's to the higher end, we'd be able to level up our baby dragon several levels up by just a day's worth of food packs. Anyone understand the dilemma I'm talking about?? Probably why TL couldn't find an appropriate amount. Hm ..

Well food gifts in RS and BS are often in the area of an 1-3 hours worth of time to make (not all obviously and this is off the top of my head, not a scientific analysis). So maybe the equivalent of that? Something that is middle ground is that one "recipe" that makes 450 of some fruit I think, but 100 at the bare minimum.

moonlightknight
05-22-12, 12:06 PM

Yes I understand what you are getting at. On the other hand, I don't believe we should be relying on food gifts from our nbrs to pay for the cost of lvling our dragons. Just like how people dislike the fact that you have to pay for any expansion and then clear the shrubs after the expansion, its a part of the game that makes it harder than the rest. Gifts from other people in these mobile games are meant to help us during our play time, not do all the work for us. If they gave us a large or small amount it shouldn't matter we should be happy either way as long as we are getting to gift something other than gold. I will say god forbid they make gifting food in large amount because then we will have to decide between gifting food or good. Because you know **** week TL is not going to give us the option to give gold and a food package of like 500 food. It will be one or the other and personally, I want gold. Food is like XP it something that should be earned...

CampingTime
05-22-12, 05:35 PM
You just contradicted yourself there by thinking 1 way only. By forcing players to select all NBRS and supposedly encourage people to get more nbrs as it gives a "greater chance" of receiving gold. Well, the thing is - according to the laws of mathematics, the more nbrs a person has, the smaller the chance for those nbrs to receive a gold. So then everyone will keep adding and adding until all players of the game starts living in the same neighborhood, if you know what I'm saying.. And if we're all nbrs, what difference would it really be to not have the option of having nbrs

I think you are running this out much too far, perhaps. On Farm Story, I have been playing for over a year and only scratched the surface of a game where players come and go. I think most of us would, sensibly, limit our numbers to a certain amount that we can conceivably work comfortably. What I was saying, perhaps not clearly enough, was that we would attempt to build a solid base of neighbors. That said, even from your scenario, there would be a larger chance than I think where people have a clique to whom they always send gold. Perhaps I am cynical, but I have found many people to be insular in their thinking, and I understand that. Again, my main complaint is that I do not like a system that inadvertently promotes a "second tier" system of neighbors.

shawa13
05-22-12, 05:49 PM

This solution would not work with the social ranking (4 star/egg). Since there are a limited number of habitats to tip, you need to have a lot of neighbors to find enough dragons to earn social ranik. Locking the friends list would make me leave the game. I have been playing RS for 18 months and don't have any of my original neighbors. They have all left the game, but I get new fun neighbors and the game goes on.

PinkStarbelly
05-22-12, 08:33 PM
Well food gifts in RS and BS are often in the area of an 1-3 hours worth of time to make (not all obviously and this is off the top of my head, not a scientific analysis). So maybe the equivalent of that? Something that is middle ground is that one "recipe" that makes 450 of some fruit I think, but 100 at the bare minimum.

1-3 hrs for that particular recipe, yes. However, we don't get a full batch, we only get 100-150 plates (200 for things that takes 1 minute). You also have to take in consideration to how much the food we get in BS/RS is worth. I don't play RS anymore so I don't remember how much Stew gives but in BS the highest profit is with Cappuccino worth 500 coins. The worth of 500 coins in BS can't even buy you the cheapest white chair. With other words, it's a small contribution but is not supposed to make a too big of an impact. 100 food in DS, however would. With 100 food you can bring a new hatched baby dragon up to level 5 (which is halfway to epic level already). That's why it's hard to compare and to choose what amount that is "reasonable".

Yes I understand what you are getting at. On the other hand, I don't believe we should be relying on food gifts from our nbrs to pay for the cost of lvling our dragons. Just like how people dislike the fact that you have to pay for any expansion and then clear the shrubs after the expansion, its a part of the game that makes it harder than the rest. Gifts from other people in these mobile games are meant to help us during our play time, not do all the work for us. If they gave us a large or small amount it shouldn't matter we should be happy either way as long as we are getting to gift something other than gold. I will say god forbid they make gifting food in large amount because then we will have to decide between gifting food or good. Because you know **** week TL is not going to give us the option to give gold and a food package of like 500 food. It will be one or the other and personally, I want gold. Food is like XP it something that should be earned...

Well, like you said about that we shouldn't rely on food gifts to pay for the cost of leveling up our dragons and that is should only help us during playtime. Read my reply above and you'll understand what I mean. 100 food that doesn't do much to a higher leveled dragon can go a lot for a new hatched baby because he serving sizes differed so much the higher level he dragon reach (which I already states in my original post). To address the part I marked in red, I think you're being hypocritical saying we should be happy no matter the amount may be as long as they offer something more than gold. Well, in that case, why can't we just be happy that TL decided to give us gold in the first place (even if the amount was small)???

moonlightknight
05-22-12, 08:37 PM
Alright, I see i have to make this post because clearly people arent reading it. I understand that my idea IS FLAWED. I STATED THAT IN THE POST. If someone would actually take my idea and tweek it a little it wouldnt be so bad. The point of the post was to find a solution to having to put certain players in the position of having to send gold to only a few friends. I know its flawed and I know it makes things difficult but that doesn't mean we couldn't ban together to find a solution that works for everyone.

moonlightknight
05-22-12, 09:11 PM
Well, like you said about that we shouldn't rely on food gifts to pay for the cost of leveling up our dragons and that is should only help us during playtime. Read my reply above and you'll understand what I mean. 100 food that doesn't do much to a higher leveled dragon can go a lot for a new hatched baby because he serving sizes differed so much the higher level he dragon reach (which I already states in my original post). To address the part I marked in red, I think you're being hypocritical saying we should be happy no matter the amount may be as long as they offer something more than gold. Well, in that case, why can't we just be happy that TL decided to give us gold in the first place (even if the amount was small)???[/QUOTE]

OK, you understand that even getting a package of 100 food does absoulely nothing for any level dragon. Here is the math...

A level 1 dragon takes 1 food. 1x5=5. 100-5=95
Level 2 takes 4 food. 4x5=20. 95-20=75
Level 3 takes 8 food. 8x5=40. 75-40=35
Clearly already you can see a package or gift of a 100 doesn't even bring a newborn to evolution level. I'll keep going just to see what a decent amount would be if they even bothered to give us the option of gifting food...
Level 4 takes 20 food. 20x5=100. 35-100= negative 65
Level 5 takes 50 food. 50x5=250. -65-250= negative 315
Level 6 I think is a fair place to be from a gift package. Again because of how leveling works this is level 6 without the evo stage. This means you would still have to put another 500 food into the new born to get to the evolution stage.

To sum this all up. 300 to 350 food seems like a very fair amount to give as a gift. Its not enough to raise an entire family of dragons but it is enough to bring a new born to middle ground.

PinkStarbelly
05-22-12, 09:18 PM
Alright, I see i have to make this post because clearly people arent reading it. I understand that my idea IS FLAWED. I STATED THAT IN THE POST. If someone would actually take my idea and tweek it a little it wouldnt be so bad. The point of the post was to find a solution to having to put certain players in the position of having to send gold to only a few friends. I know its flawed and I know it makes things difficult but that doesn't mean we couldn't ban together to find a solution that works for everyone.

I'm sorry if you feel hurt because people are pointing out how your solution wouldn't work even if you but a disclaimer on that you knew it was flawed. I hope you don't feel that I'm attacking you personally, it's just that I'm an over thinker that already thought about many scenarios and how they simply create more issues that the few issues that the current situation has. There is no way to find a solution that works for everyone because everyone has different preferences and that is a fact because if not, people wouldn't complain so much about every single thing possible. Solutions are to made to solve problems but if solutions creates more problems than they solve, maybe we should just leave it alone and be satisfied with that the current situation already is the best possible. Think about it .. Before people was yearning gems like crazy and complaining on how all the good stuff costs gems which costs money while they're playing a FREE game. Now TL is COMPROMISING by giving us 3 gems/gold in these newer games that we can share with a few nbrs but then all of the sudden, people want to find a new compromise to benefit them more on something that already is an compromise. I mean, most of the time, I'm united with the other players against the "evil dictating TL" to Improve our playing experience but sometimes I just feel sorry for TL because sometimes they actually do listen to us and try compromise but people will just never be satisfied. They just want more more more. Gems and gold is basically TL's direct cashflow. Money that goes to paying the developers and staff's salary, to rent their office and so on because it's not a teenager sitting in his room developing all of these games, goals and updates on his spare time. So although they're nice putting some free gems/gold into the game's circulation, it is impossible for them to allow a bigger amount.

PinkStarbelly
05-22-12, 09:29 PM
OK, you understand that even getting a package of 100 food does absoulely nothing for any level dragon. Here is the math...

A level 1 dragon takes 1 food. 1x5=5. 100-5=95
Level 2 takes 4 food. 4x5=20. 95-20=75
Level 3 takes 8 food. 8x5=40. 75-40=35
Clearly already you can see a package or gift of a 100 doesn't even bring a newborn to evolution level. I'll keep going just to see what a decent amount would be if they even bothered to give us the option of gifting food...
Level 4 takes 20 food. 20x5=100. 35-100= negative 65
Level 5 takes 50 food. 50x5=250. -65-250= negative 315
Level 6 I think is a fair place to be from a gift package. Again because of how leveling works this is level 6 without the evo stage. This means you would still have to put another 500 food into the new born to get to the evolution stage.

To sum this all up. 300 to 350 food seems like a very fair amount to give as a gift. Its not enough to raise an entire family of dragons but it is enough to bring a new born to middle ground.

Sorry, I wasn't more detailed. I forget people can't read my mind. Unless we breed 20 dragons a day you need to multiply the amount with 20 since we're allowed 20 gifts a day. That was what I meant. 100 x 20 = 2,000. Please re-do your calculations again. This game is fairly slow paced and most people only have 1-2 nests and taking the long breeding AND hatching time in consideration, we don't get that many new dragons per day. In other words 2,000 does make a big impact.

rakshasdragon
05-23-12, 04:20 PM
As I'm not sure if this a bug or not I am posting here.

Is there a limit to how many gold I can gift a day?
I only seem to be able to gift to 6 different people and the option for gifting vanishes even if they are a newly added friend until the next day. Is this a bug or part of the game?

MiniLaura
05-23-12, 04:45 PM
You can send gold to only 3 people per day. If you select more than 3, it selects 3 people at random to send the gold to.

rakshasdragon
05-23-12, 05:09 PM
Ah great thankyou

Annasfarmville
05-23-12, 05:39 PM
Not great, not great at all. How can I expect to get gold to buy things not available with coins, like another nest...

kooky panda
05-23-12, 05:44 PM
Not great, not great at all. How can I expect to get gold to buy things not available with coins, like another nest...

check the adme forum there are players looking for gold buddies neighbors

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28468-Dragon-Story-Add-Me-May-2012&p=314679&viewfull=1#post314679

hokix
05-23-12, 06:02 PM
I feel bad when someone send me gold and I can't gift back.

kooky panda
05-23-12, 06:08 PM
I feel bad when someone send me gold and I can't gift back.

me too. http://www.heathersanimations.com/dogs4/lf5.gif

The next day, I check all ppl that sent me gold that morning and the day before and send out and let the gold go out randomly.

driftboutique
05-23-12, 08:51 PM
me too. http://www.heathersanimations.com/dogs4/lf5.gif

The next day, I check all ppl that sent me gold that morning and the day before and send out and let the gold go out randomly.

Oh, that's a nice idea. I have an unofficial gold buddy (hi gold buddy!) and the other two I rotate between people who have sent me gold in the last few days. I like that it shows about 4 days back of gold reciepts. I only get 4 or 5 gold a day so it's not too stressful :)

SacisKiddos
05-24-12, 06:23 AM
Neighbors are sending gold but it doesn't show up in my gold count! Where would I see it if it is coming to me. Do I need to accept it - if so where does it wait for me to accept it. I saw a few gifts were sent to me today, but my count did not go up : - (

kattybell
05-24-12, 06:24 AM
You can only accept 3 gold per day. Are you getting the 3 added? And yes you can accept in overview section.

pctrkts
05-24-12, 07:33 AM
it should be more than 3! I have ove 50 neighbors! How is that fair? it should be at least 20 like the other story games. :(

MiniLaura
05-24-12, 07:38 AM
it should be more than 3! I have ove 50 neighbors! How is that fair? it should be at least 20 like the other story games. :(
Isn't the only other game that allows you to send gems as a gift Pet Hotel Story? You can send only 3 gems per day in that game, too.

You can receive up to 20 gifts of any type in all games. If you're lucky enough to get 20 gold a day in this game, more power to you.

EDIT TO ADD: I just read on another thread that you can accept only 3 per day. I'm not sure if that's correct. Anyone know for sure?

Second Edit: I was right the first time. You can accept more than 3 gold per day.

MiniLaura
05-24-12, 07:46 AM
You can only accept 3 gold per day. Are you getting the 3 added? And yes you can accept in overview section.
wait, what? ACCEPT only 3 per day? Is that different from before?

kattybell
05-24-12, 08:04 AM
wait, what? ACCEPT only 3 per day? Is that different from before?

I think I meant send. :/ Lol, I accepted six today. Who knows. :(

lizzygee23
05-24-12, 11:01 AM
Only being able to gift 3 gold a day would be fine, if there was something else we could send to the rest of our nbrs. Like food for the dragons. That would be another great gift to be able to send!

[S8] Elsa
05-24-12, 01:17 PM
To clear up any confusion, you can send 3 gold per day and you can accept 3 gold per day. After you have reached the limit, you can no longer send or receive gold for that day. The gift limit for the other gifts is 20. You can send up to 20 gifts per day and you can accept up to 20. The timer resets at 12am PST.

driftboutique
05-24-12, 01:26 PM
To clear up any confusion, you can send 3 gold per day and you can accept 3 gold per day. After you have reached the limit, you can no longer send or receive gold for that day. The gift limit for the other gifts is 20. You can send up to 20 gifts per day and you can accept up to 20. The timer resets at 12am PST.

I'm not sure this clears very much up :confused: You can definitely receive more than 3 gold a day, and there aren't any other gifts in dragon story...

mayfl001
05-24-12, 02:05 PM
<3 ***** I always gift gold back <3 *********** my name is mayfl001 and it is called "isla" xoxoxo

ButterPanda
05-24-12, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure this clears very much up :confused: You can definitely receive more than 3 gold a day, and there aren't any other gifts in dragon story...

currently gold is the only gift and you can receive more than 3 in a day (up to 20 currently) but you can only send 3 in a day.

sparks229
05-24-12, 03:58 PM
I never gift gold back (sorry nbrs) because I always end up with more than 3 nbrs gifting me so I just let it be random.

sparks229
05-24-12, 04:01 PM

Ther is always a delete button :p JK

I stopped adding neighbors because I'll get too many and Ill feel bad about not sending gold too often. This time I only added forum members or people that I'm neighbors with on other story games. I think we should be thankful that we even have this option at all.

You can accept 20 still if you have some really really really awesome neighbors.

sparks229
05-24-12, 10:38 PM

currently gold is the only gift and you can receive more than 3 in a day (up to 20 currently) but you can only send 3 in a day.

This is not clearing up any confusion for me....

peteralan
05-25-12, 07:46 AM
Lucky for those that receive gold I have'nt received anything since I started playing this game. They should let you send and receive more than 3 bars a day.

salaa29
05-25-12, 02:40 PM
3 bars is ridiculous! If the limit was 20 a day or even 10 it would make playing the game more enjoyable. I kinda want to delete it now.......

salaa29
05-25-12, 02:44 PM
To whomever said that....... Teamlava should be grateful that more people aren't deleting the game!! Just wow. Like we owe teamlava something. .....

mayfl001
05-25-12, 02:45 PM
If you want gold, add me, mayfl001, my island is called isla and i always gift back. thanks :)

sarah_dee
05-25-12, 07:56 PM
I have over 150 nbrs and I can only gift 3 ov them a day that SUCKS big time

sparks229
05-25-12, 09:01 PM
To whomever said that....... Teamlava should be grateful that more people aren't deleting the game!! Just wow. Like we owe teamlava something. .....

Well, I said that. With farm, I bet loads of people are deleting it. My point is, do you see the option to gift gems/gold/CC in any other TL game besides this and PHS?

mattyboo1
05-25-12, 09:03 PM
Give
Gifting gems to all games

yandao11
05-26-12, 07:46 PM

is sending of maps free also ? i mean it wouldnt deduct my own right ?

gigglygoo
05-26-12, 09:31 PM
Here's another idea...sorry in advance if it sounds dumb so here goes: we can gift gold to as many neighbors as we want, but we can only accept something like 3, or 5, or whatever a day. This eliminates having to discriminate which nbrs to gift to and still keep to TL's "economy." We could also in addition to accepting, say, 3 gold a day, accept 10 food, 7 maps, which add up to 20 gifts total a day. Course all the numbers are just suggestions, but u get my idea.

devylzangyl
05-27-12, 06:12 AM
You have us add neighbors for the game, but we don't get to send them to all our neighbors? Why is that? We should be able to give all of our neighbors gold. I have like 30 neighbors and I don't see it as fair that I can only add 3. Please just **** the whole limit thing.

mel7123
05-27-12, 08:25 AM
Well, today I noticed and kept a record I can only send 3 gold but was able to accept 6 this too is totally not fair...

Ypes
05-27-12, 12:32 PM
First i dont know if this is normal or not but when someone gifts me gold i cant accept it it says i already accepted it but i didnt get gold sometimes i get to accept 1 gold. but i got sended gold already like 30-40 times but unable to accept.

2nd how to i breed a purple dragon without paying like 300 gold.

Happy_fox
05-27-12, 12:38 PM
Purple: red+water
You can gift max 3 golds a day, everyone else wont receive anything. And you can only accept 3 gold a day, so it show up but you cant accept it.

grannis
05-27-12, 01:35 PM
You can gift max 3 golds a day, everyone else wont receive anything. And you can only accept 3 gold a day, so it show up but you cant accept it.
That is just not cool, this means we can only have like 3 neighbors! I don't like this game, too expensive and now this. Geez, why bother even writing? TL does not care!

jonnypopins
05-27-12, 01:49 PM
True 3 gold isn't much. But you're kinda looking at it wrong. Have MORE friends. I have well over 100 friends. The more friends, the more chances of being 1 of the 3 people to receive their gold gifts.
I have received as many as 18 gold in one day. Granted it's all luck, usually I get 7-10, but the more friends the better.

Niimue
05-27-12, 01:51 PM

The second half of this statement is incorrect. You can receive more than 3 gold per day. Based on other games, the likely limit is 20, but I haven't been anywhere close to see that!

Happy_fox
05-27-12, 01:52 PM
Well business is business, and this game just released about a month so dont expect any thing yet

Happy_fox
05-27-12, 01:53 PM
The second half of this statement is incorrect. You can receive more than 3 gold per day. Based on other games, the likely limit is 20, but I haven't been anywhere close to see that!

Oh sorry about it :D

3chessie
05-27-12, 02:50 PM
I agree with all of it I doesn't matter that u can only gift 3 gold a day. But it also means u can only gift 3 friends a day. They definitely should have other gifts available as to not slight any of ur neighbors. It is not fair to them. I for one do not have friends from other games here and to date have not received one gift! Truly not a fair and balanced game. TL really should have thought this out more before launching it. It's gotten to the point that I can not go any further with breeding dragons as 95% of them need gold. Definitely not a happy camper!

digital_ghost
05-27-12, 03:42 PM
Good to know. I was wondering why I've been gifting but getting nothing in return.

CoffeeBean77
05-27-12, 03:57 PM
Okay, newbie silly question, but how do I get neighbours if no one I know plays?

kooky panda
05-27-12, 09:35 PM
Okay, newbie silly question, but how do I get neighbours if no one I know plays?

no silly questions here. You can check out the Adme forum. You can post your ID and also look for other nbrs.

http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?93-Dragon-Story-Add-Me

Happy_fox
05-27-12, 11:05 PM
I have 80+ friends and 1 or 2 gold a day T.T oh and i got 2 alt account =.=

zarana
05-28-12, 02:24 AM
I'm totally agree with that !!! The limit of gift is very bad!!! How is the utility to have neighbors if we can't send gift ? Please change this like restaurant story ? Because your new game will be boring and can't be have the success of the others .

lolottelatur
05-28-12, 02:54 AM
3 gifts per day isn't enough when we can accept 6 per day it is impossible to return gifts every day to your nbrs who send gifts to you...the gift system is better in restaurant story!!!

lolottelatur
05-28-12, 03:00 AM
3 gifts per day to send isn't enough when we can receive 6 per day!!! system unfair ...

anna1louise
05-28-12, 03:06 AM
I received 2 today, but it only increased by one, I sent to 20, and none received. what a rip off.

Happy_fox
05-28-12, 08:19 AM
What happend if i decline gifts? They will return to the giver or it just simply disappear?

17cullen
05-28-12, 08:48 AM
I still have not received any gold despite my neighbours telling me they have sent some. They are receiving gold full messages and I have no gold received, any ideas?

sweetstuff525
05-28-12, 09:27 AM
I still have not received any gold despite my neighbours telling me they have sent some. They are receiving gold full messages and I have no gold received, any ideas?

They probably sent gold but clicked on all neighbors therefore it choses random neighbors

tmh690
05-28-12, 09:57 AM
They disappear and the grifter never knows you did not accept the gift, the same if you decline a request for materials the requestor never knows

tmh690
05-28-12, 09:58 AM
They disappear and the grifter never knows you did not accept the gift, the same if you decline a request for materials the requestor never knows
Lol gifter not grifter

Rachael98
05-28-12, 09:58 AM
Just disappear into nothingness.
Think of it like the banking system (oh no:eek:), it's not there unless you take it.

saintlover
05-28-12, 11:38 AM
You should DEFINITELY take them as the gifter can only send THREE per day!

TurtleGirlSloan
05-28-12, 05:29 PM
Perhaps if we could only send three gold but we could send our other neighbors food or something that would be nice. I understand team lava wanting to limit the amount of gold but I feel bad that I can't give back something to all my wonderful neighbors beyond visiting them and playing with their dragons.

LeelooMultipass
05-28-12, 06:07 PM
I've sent out three gold today but two of my neighbors don't have them. These same two neighbors also sent me gold but I don't have them either. Glitch?

Lipuro
05-28-12, 08:14 PM
This happens to me too with playing with dragons. It will say in my news that so and so has played with my dragons and yet no sparkles come in my habitats. grrrrr

sheree25
05-29-12, 12:06 AM
Is there a limit on how much gold you can gift / receive? I seem to only be able to give gold to three friends per day.

illii
05-29-12, 12:10 AM
No i do Not think so!!! But please help me!!!! How can i Send a Message to Teamlava??

sheree25
05-29-12, 12:14 AM
I don't think I've ever seen sparkles - what do they do? I have lots of neighbours playing with my dragons, but haven't seen what comes of it. I just tried to gift gold to my neighbours and could only give three.

sheree25
05-29-12, 12:17 AM
Email them - support@teamlava.com

dstew1973
05-29-12, 12:27 AM
Is there a limit on how much gold you can gift / receive? I seem to only be able to give gold to three friends per day.

Yes. There is a limit of only 3 gifts per day.

yuimiko
05-29-12, 03:41 AM
Perhaps if we could only send three gold but we could send our other neighbors food or something that would be nice. I understand team lava wanting to limit the amount of gold but I feel bad that I can't give back something to all my wonderful neighbors beyond visiting them and playing with their dragons.

Totally agree! or at least, make both send and receive to be 6 per day.

Another thing, many people do not know that you must select only one neighbor name upon sending gift.
I only learnt this fact from Kooky Panda yesterday in this forum.
That's why my neighbors did not get gift from me and I did not received Gold for several days.
Players, like me, are playing farm story/ bakery story/restaurant story.
We all think that the gifting system is the same.
I checked the FAQ, it does not mention that one can send 3 gifts per day, as well one must only select 1 neighbor at a time.
Pls kindly consider to include this in the FAQ then. Thx.

1crazycajun
05-29-12, 06:54 AM
Now I totally disagree with,,, you must select only one neighbor name upon sending gift.
I have 100 nbrs and I select them all and let the game decide who gets the gold. After hitting send, My message says : 97 of your friends did not recieve a gife. That means at least 3 of them did recieve gold.
(
Totally agree! or at least, make both send and receive to be 6 per day.

Another thing, many people do not know that you must select only one neighbor name upon sending gift.
I only learnt this fact from Kooky Panda yesterday in this forum.
That's why my neighbors did not get gift from me and I did not received Gold for several days.
Players, like me, are playing farm story/ bakery story/restaurant story.
We all think that the gifting system is the same.
I checked the FAQ, it does not mention that one can send 3 gifts per day, as well one must only select 1 neighbor at a time.
Pls kindly consider to include this in the FAQ then. Thx.

cast1532
05-29-12, 08:08 AM
Now I totally disagree with,,, you must select only one neighbor name upon sending gift.
I have 100 nbrs and I select them all and let the game decide who gets the gold. After hitting send, My message says : 97 of your friends did not recieve a gife. That means at least 3 of them did recieve gold.
(

I think you are sending only to the first three people in your list. Gifting is not random and I think it goes in order.

yuimiko
05-29-12, 09:02 AM
(
Well, I previously selected all on the list and no one received.
You may check Kooky Panda's comment under the other thread regarding only to select 1 neighbor.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28813-Current-Known-Bugs-and-Issues-for-Dragon-Story/page5

yuimiko
05-29-12, 09:03 AM
Kooky's comment is entry #46.

jasontclarke1981
05-30-12, 04:02 PM
I'm not getting any gold added to my count from accepting gifts? What do i do abut that?

kooky panda
05-30-12, 04:09 PM
I'm not getting any gold added to my count from accepting gifts? What do i do abut that?
If you are seeing the gold and accept it but it is not adding to your total, try deleting and redownloading your game.
If this does not fix it, send an email to support@teamlava.com to have them look into you game.

jellabella76
05-31-12, 04:25 PM
does anyone know how many gifts we can send nbrs per day??

greygull
05-31-12, 04:28 PM
You can send gifts to 3 neighbors a day.

notesgal
05-31-12, 07:22 PM
Team lava really needs to change this. We need additional gifts to give... like food. Giving 3 nbrs gold and the rest the shaft does not sit well with me.

Niimue
05-31-12, 10:56 PM
I actually like only having gold as the only gift. In Pet Hotel Story, my mailbox fills up with less valuable gifts and after 20 I am blocked from receiving more.

hetheriot
06-01-12, 02:34 AM
Well at least now I know why I don't have the gift option available and I get gift errors all the time. The amount of gifts you can send should go up as your level gets higher. That would be helpful.

litodevilz
06-01-12, 07:07 AM
So you guys can all accept 3 gold a day? I can only accept 1, the others have the use button greyed out. Occasionally i can accept another one throughout the day but never 3. Is this a glitch on my side? Thanks

crystalrayn3
06-01-12, 07:14 AM
I actually like only having gold as the only gift. In Pet Hotel Story, my mailbox fills up with less valuable gifts and after 20 I am blocked from receiving more.

Make sure you accept your gifts. This will clear them from your mailbox. Check your mailbox frequently to avoid it from blocking any items.

crystalrayn3
06-01-12, 01:51 PM
Nevermind my reply below. I totally spaced on the fact that we can only collect 20 gifts daily not just receive. This is what happens when I reply in the morning before my 2nd cup of coffee kicks in :-P

superthomasman
06-01-12, 07:07 PM
Hello,

Since 3 or 4 days, I cannot send gift to my neighbors and I don;t receive gift from them anymore.

Is it a bug ?

Did I do something wrong ?

Someone could help ?

PS : I'm playing on my IPOD if it helps...

greygull
06-01-12, 07:22 PM
You can only send to 3 neighbors. If you gift everyone, it will randomly pick 3 for you. Your neighbors could be doing the same thing. Try picking only 3 per day (you can decide if you only want send to select people, or however you want).

kyliesimonton
06-01-12, 09:36 PM
I'm having a problem sending and receiving maps. I sent requests to literally every neighbor. I have 700+ neighbors. And haven't received anything.

queentina3
06-01-12, 09:39 PM
I'm having a problem sending and receiving maps. I sent requests to literally every neighbor. I have 700+ neighbors. And haven't received anything.

I'm having issues receiving them as well, it took me 3 days just to get 35 and we're supposed to be able to get 20 requests back a day. Your issue is you've probably clogged your system by sending them out to all 700 neighbors. I would suggest only sending out to about 30, but wait a day or two for your request system to unclog itself first.

mouse009
06-02-12, 12:42 AM
i can only accept 1 gold, but i can send 3. is it the same for every1?

magoz89
06-02-12, 04:32 PM
I was thinking u can receive like 4 gold every 8 hour lol but u can only send to 3 a day so choose ur favorite neighbor ;)

yunchbox
06-03-12, 05:38 PM
I just started playing Dragon Story last night and am still Lear ing how the game works. I've read the FAQ, which says u can gift neighbors every day by taping the gift button on the lower right of the screen. I'm guessing this was cut and pasted from one of the other games, as I have no gift button on my screen. I was able to gift the three neighbors last night when I added them. today, however, I am not able to gift anybody, not even the neighbors I added today. all the gift buttons are grayed out on my neighbor list. Can I only gift three people every 24 hours? or does it reset at midnight PST like Bs and RS? Any answers would be helpful! thanks!

queentina3
06-03-12, 05:40 PM
It resets at Midnight like BS/RS but you can only gift 3 neighbors, you can receive 20 though.

CityBoss
06-10-12, 02:40 AM
Hey!

This is the only game where you only can gift 3 gifts to neighbours every day...?! Is it only in My game or is this a known bug?

This surely effects me recieving gold from My neighbours, when they easily can't gift back! It Will take years to be able to buy the purple dragon!!!

Doesn't matter if I at the neighbour list press gift and selects all My neighbours or gift back in the newspage. After 3 everyone dissapeares, or in neighbours it says: ex 93 (of my 96) didn't recieved because I reached My daily amount.

Help please!!

333paddington
06-10-12, 03:23 AM
You can only gift three gold per day. To get the purple dragon, breed a blue and a red together. All the dragons can be bred instead of using gold. Just follow the colours on the dragon pictures in your dragon section.

CityBoss
06-10-12, 04:49 AM
You can only gift three gold per day. To get the purple dragon, breed a blue and a red together. All the dragons can be bred instead of using gold. Just follow the colours on the dragon pictures in your dragon section.

Ooh!!
Of course I understand this with all other dragons. But the purple only has a purple Diamond, so that doesn't show that you could breed it?! But Thanx for clearing that out for me... Everyone has it beside me, so Did think that it was ? bug for me with gold gifts. Hard to believe that everyone spend money on gold to get it!

THANX!!!

carla9999
06-13-12, 05:50 AM
Hi, I am new to this game, but have a lot of neigbours already and they leave messages for me to send gold but I only seem to be able to give and receive about four gifts a day, is that right???? or is something not working correctly.
thanks
ps any tips welcome :)

sweetstuff525
06-13-12, 05:54 AM
You can only send 3 gold... So only 3 neighbors will get gift

carla9999
06-13-12, 05:55 AM
wow thats not many, thanks

Happy_fox
06-13-12, 07:16 AM
U can receive max 20 maps, unlimited golds?
u can send 3 golds
A day.

jordancash
06-15-12, 04:28 AM
How can u send more gold to neighbors? Any way to increase gift giving?

shawa13
06-15-12, 10:52 AM
You can only receive 20 gold a day. You can only give 3 gold a day, so pick who you want it to go to. If you gift everyone, the game chooses who receives it.

sparks229
06-15-12, 01:22 PM
How can u send more gold to neighbors? Any way to increase gift giving?

No. You can only send 3.

mandap78
06-15-12, 07:11 PM
How do I gift maps? Someone asked for one - I clicked "accept" (it looked like a quest?). The request went away. Does this mean it sent to him? I bought maps with gold since I couldn't get any as gifts after 2 days of asking for them. How do I know how many I have? Sorry if these are "noob" questions. :)

kooky panda
06-15-12, 07:44 PM
How do I gift maps? Someone asked for one - I clicked "accept" (it looked like a quest?). The request went away. Does this mean it sent to him? I bought maps with gold since I couldn't get any as gifts after 2 days of asking for them. How do I know how many I have? Sorry if these are "noob" questions. :)

yes when you hit accept the map is suppose to go to the neighbor.
You can see how many maps you have by clicking the expansion tab.
How many nbrs do you have? Have you asked any of them if they are getting your requests?

mandap78
06-15-12, 08:43 PM
I haven't asked, but I will. (I don't speak to them often) Thank you for the response!

mspate
06-15-12, 09:39 PM
Hi all, wouldn't it be nice if they would allow us to gift more than three gold per day? With increases in everything else why not gifting of gold?!

babyblus
06-16-12, 05:30 PM
I feel team lava should let us gift gold to all our neighbors everyday, that is the main thing I do not like about Dragon Story!

mposey
06-30-12, 01:25 PM
Ok I'm new to the dragon story game but I play other stories and I figure gifting is the same in this story as the others right? I asked a neighbor to please send good and they told me they didn't have any? Is that possible. I know gifts don't effect your own amount in other stories. I just replied to them "ok". Please someone let me know why they wouldn't have any. Also please feel free too add me because only 1 of my neighbors sends a gift :( ID Mposey

mposey
06-30-12, 01:26 PM
Gold not good** mistype

zoroak
06-30-12, 01:29 PM
You can only send 3 golds per day

autumninside
Each of us can only send three gold a day as a gift. We can each receive up to twenty.

sweetstuff525
You can only send 3 gold a day

mposey
06-30-12, 01:30 PM
So that's why, aww that's no fun. Okay thanks for answering.

dz1111
06-30-12, 02:14 PM
In that case, do you rotate who you give gold to from day to day so that the same three neighbors dont always get all the gold?

PattyZhangp
06-30-12, 07:43 PM
In that case, do you rotate who you give gold to from day to day so that the same three neighbors dont always get all the gold?

That's what I try to do. I have 90 nbrs though, so it could take a month at most to gift all of them. TL needs to let us gift more people.

hhuqjaj
07-01-12, 12:05 AM
Added!i reach level 16,and I have 31 neighbours

yuimiko
07-01-12, 02:31 AM
Players do not expect to receive gold from every neighbor on a daily basis, so don't feel bad.

archanfel
07-01-12, 03:12 AM
the maximum gold you can recieve is 20 which doesnt actually do a thing for me i think tl should increase this amount a little

plataneros
07-01-12, 03:38 AM
Well I dnt send gold to all my neighbors since not all of them gift me gold.. What I do is I rotate with the neighbors that do gift me gold

thorment
07-08-12, 09:51 PM
Is there a max on gold gift giving to your neighbors?

333paddington
07-08-12, 10:29 PM
You can gift three people per day.

sibeipekchek
07-10-12, 07:09 PM
I've been received gold regularly from my neighbors till FEW of my neighbors told me they not yet reach the maximum sending out gift which is (3 gift daily) and couldn't send it to me.. Which prompt them a feed saying "We were unable to send the gift as you have already sent gifts to your friend or they have already received the MAX NUMBER OF GIFTS TODAY") so we have a maximum limit to recieve gold daily?? How could it be already limit us on sending 3 gift daily and limit us on recieving too??? What is the limit on recieving gold daily????

greygull
07-10-12, 07:16 PM
You can receive 20 gold per day

sibeipekchek
07-10-12, 11:38 PM
You can receive 20 gold per day

Well.. Now then realize that only can received 20 gold.. Already limit the amount of gift to people, Y muz be limit the max amount of gold received? Isn't not fair? Btw, greygull.. Thanks for the reply..

sweetstuff525
07-11-12, 05:10 AM
How do you receive 20 a day? Is it from new players that don't know they can only send 3? Do you send them back gold?

I'm lucky if I get 3 gold a day

sibeipekchek
07-11-12, 11:45 PM
How do you receive 20 a day? Is it from new players that don't know they can only send 3? Do you send them back gold?

I'm lucky if I get 3 gold a day

I have lots of family members and friends using IOS device.. Although some ain't playing but they helping me by sending me daily.. ☺

phlor01
07-13-12, 06:32 AM
Hi! I tried to send gold to my neighbors and it says that only 7 of my neighbors were successfully given the gold. Is this a known issue? Anything I have to do?

kooky panda
07-13-12, 06:34 AM
You can only gift out 3 gold per day. so only 3 of your neighbors will randomly get the gold when you send to all neighbors.

phlor01
07-13-12, 06:35 AM
That's sad. I thought I am able to send gold to all of my neighbors. Thanks much. :)

fickleone
07-18-12, 09:20 AM
I have 107 neighbors and I can only send 3 gifts a day!? What's up with that?

RoseMiti
07-18-12, 09:24 AM
That's how the game works, you can only send 3 gifts per day.

silverwind7
07-18-12, 09:45 AM
Well that's just how it is. I've got 347 neighbors but only 3 gold to send so I send to those who are kind enough to send gold to me. That's what most people do.

JadeBunni
07-18-12, 10:13 AM
Same I send it to my bro and people that send me gold

firewhisker950
07-18-12, 03:24 PM
I have a few gold buddies (well...we never really worked it out but we gift everyday) who I gift every day.

mishcanA
07-19-12, 03:56 AM
I'm having problems sending my friends gold. I have 58 friends but it will only send to 3 of them. If I get a new friend, it will give me the option to send a gift, but if I've already sent three, it won't actually send it.

The message I get states that 55 of my friends could no receive gold as they with had received the maximum gifts or I already sent them one.

This is not the case, though, and it's always limited to the three.

Is this a bug or working as intended?

iPhone 4s, not sure about os.

Zetra
07-19-12, 04:54 AM
What!Never thought that!

RoseMiti
07-19-12, 04:57 AM
it's the way the game works. You can send only 3 gifts per day.

Lipuro
07-19-12, 10:03 AM
To ensure that someone that gifts me receives a gift, I click on gift back and select two other ransoms. (two that I particularly know well) I receive on average about 10 gold per day with 230 neighbors and I feel really bad that I can meet gift them all back. :(

Lipuro
07-19-12, 10:04 AM
*randoms

Smokey0512
07-23-12, 06:51 AM
How many gold can you receive in a day?

farrels
07-23-12, 06:57 AM
How many gold can you receive in a day?I think twenty

kooky panda
07-23-12, 08:33 AM
You should be able to receive 20 gold per day.

purplegem611
07-27-12, 03:17 PM
Today after I gifted my 3 gold gifts, the newsfeed still shows all my previous gifts from nbrs. Usually it disappears??

maguar
07-27-12, 03:30 PM
Some people are able to gift all their neighbours. Give it a try

mattyboo1
07-27-12, 03:35 PM
Why I can't gift all neighbors unfair I want to

purplegem611
07-27-12, 03:44 PM
I can't gift all nbrs! You can however check off all neighbors and then it will randomly send to only 3 of them! I don't do that! I just rotate through my neighbors who have gifted me... I start at the bottom of my list daily and send to 3, then the next day do the same!

DaojinWildfire
07-27-12, 03:46 PM
You can only send out 3 gifts each day in Dragon Story. Selecting more than 3 neighbors during the gift selection will force the game to randomly choose 3 neighbors to send the gift.

mattyboo1
07-27-12, 03:54 PM
I tried to gift 10 and it said 7 were maxed out

s_lynne
07-27-12, 04:19 PM
I personally don't like that I can only send three neighbors a gift a day. It should be like all the other games in which we can send gifts to everyone.

gfab2000
07-27-12, 04:39 PM
I have been able to gift every neighbor that has not received max gifts for the last 2 days. So, that is 900+

saintlover
07-27-12, 09:34 PM
Normally I am lucky to get 2 or 3 gold per day. Today I woke up with 30. I haven't accepted them yet nor have I gifted back. inshould only have been able to receive 20. What's going on? Glitch?

Sidni7
07-28-12, 04:19 AM
I think it must be a glitch. I can still only gift 3 but the gifting icon still appears when I visit my neighbours islands and the gift button doesn't get greyed out. I wish they'd sort it out, its a nuisance!����

LilMzB4Life
07-28-12, 05:52 AM
I was only able to send 3 today but the gifting icon remains. It's saying that the rest of my nbrs are maxed out. I was able to send over 70 gold bars yesterday. Definitely a glitch that needs to be fixed.

sophial
07-28-12, 07:24 AM
Is it two day party and now it goes back to normal? Oh, except, the lights are still on because in last two days a lot of nrbs golded me and I can't gold them back today. Can we do party everyday? It is much, much easier for gifting.

purplegem611
07-28-12, 07:50 AM
I have been only able to gift 3 each day... No party for me or my neighbors ...too bad!!

azychan
07-28-12, 09:58 AM
I cant send any gold to my nbrs. I dont know why?
I just start playing DS but I think I should quit. Most of dragons cost gold and I cant buy it because i dont have credits card, i cant receive gold from my nbrs because of gifting limit.

Crayzeebee
07-28-12, 10:22 AM
You can breed all of the dragons, it's just more difficult to get some. Fire and water will give you a magic dragon, although it doesn't show that. I found out by breeding them just to see what would happen.

SunfireHold
07-29-12, 09:48 AM
what's in the egg? The Athletic Dragon egg that is. I hatched one, but the are no instructions how to start the Nether Portal. Any help out there?

purplegem611
07-29-12, 05:50 PM
I cant send any gold to my nbrs. I dont know why?
I just start playing DS but I think I should quit. Most of dragons cost gold and I cant buy it because i dont have credits card, i cant receive gold from my nbrs because of gifting limit.
You can breed all dragons from what you can buy... No need to use gold to buy them! Fire and water will give magic!

firewhisker950
07-29-12, 07:10 PM
I can only gift 3 now. When I try to do the rest after I gift 3 and the button still pops up, it says I can't that they're maxed out of gifts or I can't gift anymore. I wish I could gift everyone, though...:(

northsweets
07-30-12, 10:25 AM
what's in the egg? The Athletic Dragon egg that is. I hatched one, but the are no instructions how to start the Nether Portal. Any help out there?

The nether portal is just a decoration you have to finish the goal to get the portal but it does not do anything

firewhisker950
07-30-12, 10:45 AM
The nether portal is just a decoration you have to finish the goal to get the portal but it does not do anything

I wish it would like transform dragons into their alter ego or something :P

lifetimer71
07-31-12, 10:56 AM
I'm in the same boat. Why hasn't anyone from teamlava addressed this yet? Or have I missed something?

divinelily
07-31-12, 02:06 PM
i dont understand this. the game faq implies i should be able to gift ALL my neighbors, and on occasion i can. it sucks that the rest of the time i cant. are they planning on fixing that ever???

kooky panda
07-31-12, 02:36 PM
The game only allows you to be able to send out gold to three neighbors per day. This is the current design of the game.

sweetstuff525
07-31-12, 02:44 PM
The game only allows you to be able to send out gold to three neighbors per day. This is the current design of the game.

Kooky but why now when you gift your 3 gold it doesn't take away the gifting section of neighbors that have sent you gold? Before you send your 3 gold and dont see the list until the next day but now it's always there

kooky panda
07-31-12, 02:52 PM
Kooky but why now when you gift your 3 gold it doesn't take away the gifting section of neighbors that have sent you gold? Before you send your 3 gold and dont see the list until the next day but now it's always there

You mean that the gift back buttons stay on? I noticed this too, I think this is a glitch, I will flag this over.

sweetstuff525
07-31-12, 03:06 PM
You mean that the gift back buttons stay on? I noticed this too, I think this is a glitch, I will flag this over.

yeah... and to see requests from neighbors i have to scroll all the way down.. it was easier before.. thanks

northsweets
08-01-12, 08:10 PM
Hurray my gift buttons are gone since I sent my gifts this morning I do not have to scroll down

tigeress2474
08-05-12, 01:13 AM
Everyday at different times a day I try to give to all 9 (lol @ 9) of my neighbours, but only 3 get them. And yes I try at the new day. For me I am Eastern time so the new day starts at 3am and still I can't give to all :(

Am I missing something?

Hhbvbbgjhc
08-08-12, 05:50 AM
Okay, I received notice today that 7 or 8 neighbors sent gold. Before I accepted their gold, I went to send my limit of 3 to specific neighbors as I am rotating faithful neighbors through. I did not accept nor decline but that option did not reappear after I sent my gold and my gold count did not increase. What do I need to do to accept my gold gifts send by neighbors?

kooky panda
08-08-12, 11:00 AM
Okay, I received notice today that 7 or 8 neighbors sent gold. Before I accepted their gold, I went to send my limit of 3 to specific neighbors as I am rotating faithful neighbors through. I did not accept nor decline but that option did not reappear after I sent my gold and my gold count did not increase. What do I need to do to accept my gold gifts send by neighbors?

Make sure you accept all the gold pending under your messages, before you send gold out. Once you send gold to someone that sent you gold, I think that message will disappear.

danni0423
08-09-12, 12:34 PM
That's ridiculous! None of the other TeamLava games are like that!

kooky panda
08-09-12, 01:03 PM
That's ridiculous! None of the other TeamLava games are like that!
Pet Hotel is designed this way.

MaryLadybug
08-11-12, 09:06 PM
I would like to know why I can only send 3 neighbors gold a day?
Why is it that I cannot send gold to all my neighbors?
I know if you just have your guy or guys who wrote the program
go in and tweak it a bit ;) we could gift all our neighbors gold!
I am pretty sure everyone who plays would be very appreciative and love it! :)
Thanks Bunches!

08-11-12, 09:41 PM
I would like to know why I can only send 3 neighbors gold a day?
Why is it that I cannot send gold to all my neighbors?
I know if you just have your guy or guys who wrote the program
go in and tweak it a bit ;) we could gift all our neighbors gold!
I am pretty sure everyone who plays would be very appreciative and love it! :)
Thanks Bunches!

Agreed or they have to come up with a new way for us players to get free gold. Like every time we level up or every time we level up a dragon to Max level we get 10 gold

Mpr102
08-17-12, 10:59 AM
I Have 67 Neighbors Every Day I Sent Gift
When I Sent It Just 3 Neighbors Sent Gold
And 64 Didn't Got My Gift
Why Sent To 3
Why We Can't Sent To More Than 3+

coolgamegirl27
08-17-12, 11:54 AM
Because TL wont make any money if we could gift more, as nobody would buy gold.

ButterPanda
08-17-12, 03:21 PM
3 is the current allowable limit each day.

Mpr102
08-17-12, 03:26 PM
OK But Try To Change From 3 To 10

pinksugar800
08-17-12, 04:59 PM
Can we send gold in dragon story? Woahhh... I did not know that!

nikitalyfoong
08-23-12, 12:33 PM
I have many neighbours but they don't send me golds as I keep sending them everyday :(

foxxiegirl
08-23-12, 12:48 PM
If you have friends that have a ton of neighbors most do something like what i do. I gift back 1 person a day that has gifted me the day before ( i keep a list and go down it) and then 2 other people in alphabetical order. This way everybody gets something from me every so often. Tho i know some people who have 3 solid people they trade with daily. The later option i don't really find fair since other people gift you too, but everybody had a method.

LilMzB4Life
08-23-12, 12:59 PM
I gift gold back in the order received to keep it fair to everyone who gift me gold. This is just my method though.

snake073
08-23-12, 01:16 PM
I have over 1000 neighbours and only 3 gold. People are always gonna miss out.

06hunter
08-23-12, 10:00 PM
I don't understand why people get too many neighbors. I have found that 21 neighbors is a fair way to play that way all my neighbors get 1 gift a week. The problem is I get only 2-3 gifts a day. Out of 21 neighbors. So I loose out. I guess I'll just have to move away.

snake073
08-24-12, 06:54 AM
Having loads of neighbours is great. I get the full 20 gold every day. That's why I have so many.

lylahmae
08-24-12, 01:48 PM
I check all my neighbors and let which ever three get it randomly sometimes I get some back sometimes not I am fine with it BUT I wish we could gift something like 25 apples or 50 coins to our other neighbors so they don't feel forgotten.

Darkstorm2
08-24-12, 02:07 PM
I give back to those that give me. I'd like to give more but TL won't let me...

06hunter
08-28-12, 09:16 PM
Does anyone else have the problem of not receiving gifts? I receive only 2 -3 gifts a day except for today I didn't receive any. I have only 21 neighbors so each one gets a gift once a week. Today a neighbors posted on his wall that he had sent out gifts and that if anyone didn't get theirs it was because the message said that their gifts were full. I checked with him and he said yes he sent me a gift on Monday. I keep a list as to who I give to and who I receive from and I did not receive anything from him. Is TL messing with our gifts to keep our gold levels low so that we will have to buy more gold?

Java_Phoenix
08-29-12, 01:42 AM
I'm having the same problem. I received 3 gold today. And I tried to gift gold to all 25 neighbors and the message said that 22 of neighbors didn't get my gift. Seriously?

dhenabayu
08-29-12, 03:10 AM
I have the same problem :(

gertbigone
08-29-12, 03:43 AM
You can only send 3 gold a day but can receive 20 gold per day from neighbours

gertbigone
08-29-12, 03:49 AM
Forgot to say if you try to send to all your neighbours, it will randomly pick 3 and tell you the others gifts were full

xLauMGx
08-29-12, 07:17 AM
Does that mean you should only send to 3 people every day? How confusing? I always try and send gold whenever I can but it's going to be really confusing trying to keep track of who I send gold to one day so I can send it to someone else the next... I feel bad for my poor neighbours now, cos I thought they were all getting them unless their gifts are "full". Aah hope my neighbours dont think i'm stingy, I thought I was being generous and helpful :(

06hunter
08-29-12, 08:52 AM
Forgot to say if you try to send to all your neighbours, it will randomly pick 3 and tell you the others gifts were full

Every day I send gold to the 3 I have on my list for that day If the message pops up I try the neighbors for the next day and it says that I had already sent them a gift that means that I was only able to gift 2 for that day.

06hunter
08-29-12, 08:54 AM
I'm having the same problem. I received 3 gold today. And I tried to gift gold to all 25 neighbors and the message said that 22 of neighbors didn't get my gift. Seriously?

It seems to me that somebody is getting rich and it's not my neighbors.

06hunter
08-29-12, 09:05 AM

Does that mean that at 12a.m. TL time: 3a.m. USA time when the gifting list rolls over every day that all of my 21 neighbors have already received their 20 for the day? That can't be possible because I'm on the east coast of the USA and so are some of my neighbors and I still get the same message.

06hunter
08-29-12, 09:17 AM
Does that mean you should only send to 3 people every day? How confusing? I always try and send gold whenever I can but it's going to be really confusing trying to keep track of who I send gold to one day so I can send it to someone else the next... I feel bad for my poor neighbours now, cos I thought they were all getting them unless their gifts are "full". Aah hope my neighbours dont think i'm stingy, I thought I was being generous and helpful :(

I know my neighbors aren't the ones getting rich because they tell me they need gold. Since I started playing. August 12, I have never been over 8 gold unless I buy it and so far I have spent $50 buying gold. I have had about enough of this game.

Java_Phoenix
08-29-12, 05:56 PM

Thanks for letting us know ��

06hunter
08-30-12, 10:26 PM

The problem is when you choose your 3 neighbors for the day and a message pops up that says Your gifts have been sent but some of your neighbors didn't receive because either their gifts are full or you have already giffted them it won't let you choose anyone else. I don't think that all of my neighbors have already received their 20 gifts for the day at exactly the time the list rolls over for a new day.

kooky panda
08-31-12, 07:26 AM
The problem is when you choose your 3 neighbors for the day and a message pops up that says Your gifts have been sent but some of your neighbors didn't receive because either their gifts are full or you have already giffted them it won't let you choose anyone else. I don't think that all of my neighbors have already received their 20 gifts for the day at exactly the time the list rolls over for a new day.

Once you send your three gold, there are no other gifts to send to your other neighbors.
When you check more than 3 to send gold to, the system will randomly send the gold to three neighbors.

06hunter
08-31-12, 10:20 AM
Once you send your three gold, there are no other gifts to send to your other neighbors.
When you check more than 3 to send gold to, the system will randomly send the gold to three neighbors.

I never check more than 3. Every day I check 3. The message said only 2 received so why am I not able to choose the third out of my remaining neighbors. If the machine is random and it chooses the 3rd person for me then I don't know who the 3rd person is that got my gift.

kooky panda
08-31-12, 12:27 PM
I never check more than 3. Every day I check 3. The message said only 2 received so why am I not able to choose the third out of my remaining neighbors. If the machine is random and it chooses the 3rd person for me then I don't know who the 3rd person is that got my gift.

I am not sure. I have sent only two before, and then gone back later to send my last one.
Is is happening everyday? Try sending one at a time to see if all three go. It may be a specific neighbor that may have already gotten 20 gold for the day.

If you are seeing that everyday you can only send out two, then email support@teamlava.com to check into your game.

06hunter
08-31-12, 01:53 PM
I am not sure. I have sent only two before, and then gone back later to send my last one.
Is is happening everyday? Try sending one at a time to see if all three go. It may be a specific neighbor that may have already gotten 20 gold for the day.

If you are seeing that everyday you can only send out two, then email support@teamlava.com to check into your game.

Thank you! I'll try that next time and I hope it works.

wg2012
09-03-12, 09:50 AM
I'm on a Kindle and do not get more than three a day if that. Also no newsfeed, notices or goals are available to us. Pleas fix for us!