PDA

View Full Version : Gifting

Pages : 1 [2]

CyndersTears
09-03-12, 10:41 AM
My little brother said he sent me gold.. NOPE

kimsy829
09-04-12, 09:50 AM
I have been topped at 120 gold And have not received any gold in days!!! What is up with that???

kismetelf
09-09-12, 05:04 AM
So I've been playing dragon story about a week now, have about 30 neighbors, and every time, no matter the time of day, when I try to gift gold to all my neighbors I'm only able to send to 1 or 2 people. I always get the you've already gifted or the neigh or has received max gifts message. This hasn't happened just once or twice its every single time. I play many of the other story games and have never had this problem happen. I'm also lucky if I receive 2 or 3 gifts in a day.

BTW.. my daughter is also playing on her own device, having the same issue, and we've tried sending to each other to no avail so I know its not that nothing is being sent my way. If Iave no way of sending or receiving gold don't tease me by making it an option! At this rate it could take 6 months to get a second nest and if it does I can't see continueing to play. I might use more or even make a purchase to get special items but why bother if I'm not even going to play.

Sorry so long I'm just very frustrated and it seems highly unfair! What is the daily limit (other story games I play its 20 gifts per day) and what time does the server reset.. all the others I play it happens at midnight pacific time or 3am on the east coast.

ellaslair
09-09-12, 05:48 AM
hi...i had the same issue, till someone told me you can only gift gold to 3 neighbors daily :(

KadeeDid
09-09-12, 06:23 AM
it used to allow you to select all to gift but would only send to 3. I don't know why they don't say this up front in their FAQ. Now it does not allow you to try to gift after 3. You can receive more daily though and as. I have had more received. I keep a list of received so that. I can be fair.

kismetelf
09-09-12, 11:34 AM
Wow 3.. how generous you can be! No wonder I'm not getting anything.. I thought maybe it was really sending and I was getting the message by mistake.. sure would be nice if they told you upfront!

kaisaj
09-18-12, 06:52 PM
I am not able to send gifts to anyone. every time I try it says I have already sent a gift to that person today. I haven't, of course, because I can't send them.......I've not been playing this game long, so I'm not sure what might be causing this. I'm playing on a kindle fire. thanks for any help.

kooky panda
09-18-12, 07:33 PM
You can only send three gifts per day.
So only three neighbors can receive gold from you per day.

09-18-12, 10:02 PM
I am not able to send gifts to anyone. every time I try it says I have already sent a gift to that person today. I haven't, of course, because I can't send them.......I've not been playing this game long, so jI'm not sure what might be causing this. I'm playing on a kindle fire. thanks for any help.

You might want to use this suggestion. I keep a list of who i recieve gifts from and every day send to the next three people. This was the only way i could think of to be fair to everyone. Some days i am very lucky and recieve more gifts thani can send. This way it might take a day or two but it is better than sending to only the same people.

kujiq
09-18-12, 11:22 PM
You might want to use this suggestion. I keep a list of who i recieve gifts from and every day send to the next three people. This was the only way i could think of to be fair to everyone. Some days i am very lucky and recieve more gifts thani can send. This way it might take a day or two but it is better than sending to only the same people.

I also do the same. I keep track from whom i receive gift and send back to them the next day.

mammami08
09-19-12, 12:41 AM
Yesterday i Only received 3 gold from My neighbors, all time low, but one of My nieghbors did send me gold that i didn't receiv. So maby there was something wrong yesterday? I wasn't full with gifts, since i Only did get three golds and i trust My neighbor when she say she sent me one. I also gifted her one of My three alowed golds and she didn't get it either....?

wg2013
09-30-12, 09:50 AM
I know you can only send three people gold a day, but is there any trick to gift back mmore then three people a day? My list is getting long and people do not like to wait. I tried uninstalling but no luck there.

kooky panda
09-30-12, 03:19 PM
You can only gift three neighbors per day. This is the design of the game.

shockabsorb
10-03-12, 09:57 AM
I came to check about this as i thought it maybe a bug, but it seems not. Not to be rude, but this is silly though and needs to be change! Who has only 3 neighbours!?

DexterXIII
10-03-12, 10:09 AM
Most companies put a limit on these things because otherwise people tend to rack up 100s of friends and then they don't need to purchase it directly from the company using actual money.

shockabsorb
10-03-12, 05:21 PM
Most companies put a limit on these things because otherwise people tend to rack up 100s of friends and then they don't need to purchase it directly from the company using actual money.

Yeah but 3? 10, 20 maybe! How about letting us gift other things also? And no i wouldn't spend money, not on this game, too petty. The only none physically own game ive spend money on is dawn of the dragon, the are pretty generous when it comes to game money and they care whenever someone writes in.

azychan
10-04-12, 04:27 AM
I think 3 golds/day is not good but if it's 5/day is fine :)

dorumon210
10-05-12, 05:51 AM
What is the point of gifting gold? If someone gifts me gold and I gift it back does that mean we each gain one gold or will it just be like it never happened? I'm asking because I accidentally spent gold on maps (because the buttons are so tiny and right next to each other...) and now half my (extremely, since I can't pay) hard earned gold is gone. If both people gain gold from that gifting thing then would anyone be willing to be a gifting partner with me?

10-05-12, 05:59 AM
you do actually gain gold. when you gift gold you dont lose a piece of gold. its a gift. so if you would like to gift me gold i will gift you back

foxxiegirl
10-05-12, 05:59 AM
Each gold your giving adds to your total. When you gift gold it doesn't effect your total.

dorumon210
10-05-12, 02:59 PM
Thank you so much. Would you guys both like to be gifting partners? Just add me.

leeanndonohue
10-06-12, 12:44 PM
hi how can i get gold with out paying for it?

KadeeDid
10-06-12, 01:39 PM
hi how can i get gold with out paying for it?

Gift gold to your neighbours and hope they gift back. You can only gift 3 a day but can receive up to 20, I think. I get more than 3 a day. I keep track and try to regift fairly.

leeanndonohue
10-06-12, 04:37 PM
Ok how do i give this gift of gold.

kathyM
10-08-12, 07:18 AM
I cant gift my neighbors anymore. I have been playing for four days, level 10, and I was only able to gift my neighbors once. :(

theclumsypotato
10-08-12, 08:41 AM
How does gifting work in Dragon Story? I'm guessing it's different than in baking story, where people can receive only so many gifts? Or is the limit, like, two gold pieces, which seems just really low?

kooky panda
10-08-12, 09:15 AM
You can only send gold to three neighbors per day. Once you send out your three gold, if you try to send more, you will not be able to send.

dorumon210
10-08-12, 09:23 AM
You can only send 3 pieces of gold a day to your friends. I know it's a really low amount but it's better than nothing.

dorumon210
10-08-12, 05:03 PM
Oh, another question: When I receive gold from people and click the "gift back" button it seams as if I don't gain gold from the initial gift. Am I just imagining things or is it actually happening?

Ooobeee
10-09-12, 12:13 AM
So I'm guessing that means that if you have 40 friends, only 3 of them will get gold and the other 37 are out of luck. Is that correct?

carijonas
10-09-12, 01:41 AM
Yes that is correct ... Everyone can only receive 3 pieces daily so there's not even a sure bet your gift will be received by them ... Most people end up finding one or two neighbours that gift back and forth daily...

bjt576
10-09-12, 09:36 AM
im having an issue with gifting... it claims i sent gold to all my nbrs even tho i didnt... this includes stormie... i normally dont gift stormie but i thought i would try and see if it was just my normal nbrs getting the max foor the day... i even tried getting up extra early when the "new day" starts and still had issues :-/

kooky panda
10-09-12, 10:40 AM
im having an issue with gifting... it claims i sent gold to all my nbrs even tho i didnt... this includes stormie... i normally dont gift stormie but i thought i would try and see if it was just my normal nbrs getting the max foor the day... i even tried getting up extra early when the "new day" starts and still had issues :-/
You can only send gold to three neighbors per day.

kooky panda
10-09-12, 10:41 AM
Oh, another question: When I receive gold from people and click the "gift back" button it seams as if I don't gain gold from the initial gift. Am I just imagining things or is it actually happening?
Make sure that you accept the gold sent to you before you gift back.

operada
10-10-12, 10:47 AM
I send gold everyday and I get a success message but it says 140 of your neighbors did not receive your gift because maxed..It doesn't matter when i send it, I always get that message

AuntyRose32
10-10-12, 11:12 AM
You get that message because you can only gift three gold per day, so by ticking all your neighbour boxes and sending gold to all of them the game is randomly selecting three neighbours to send gold to for you. You would be better off selecting the three neighbours you want to send gold to and maybe rotating it daily or find three 'gem buddies' to exchange with on a daily basis...whatever works for you. You can't gift all your neighbours gold...just three. Hope that helps.

emergRN
10-10-12, 11:17 AM
i have the same problem. it is a shame that the dragons cost so much and yet you can only get 3 gold per day...and that is only if the computer or your nbs decide it is you who gets that gold. with everything being so expensive and taking so much time to advance the game ends up getting boring for me if i cannot get anywhere...

[S8] Elsa
10-10-12, 11:34 AM
i have the same problem. it is a shame that the dragons cost so much and yet you can only get 3 gold per day...and that is only if the computer or your nbs decide it is you who gets that gold. with everything being so expensive and taking so much time to advance the game ends up getting boring for me if i cannot get anywhere...

You can only send 3 gold per day, but you can accept up to 20 gold per day! :)

rockpile
10-11-12, 07:22 AM
Only 3 neighbors a day? Are you kidding me? So why would I have more than three neighbors? That's just rediculous.
And befrore you say, that I should have neighbors so that i can visit them to play, I've visited every neighbor for the past week, at most I've been able to play with more than two habitats at maybe four neighbors. I'm on android and apparently don't even get an option to use maps, arty least I can't find anything that uses maps so far. Time to go make a deal with a couple neighbors and just be exclusive with them for as long as I'll be able to handle this game.

summersalt
10-11-12, 08:21 AM
Make sure that you accept the gold sent to you before you gift back.

Kooky, i am new to this story game. How many gold can u accept per day?

faegrl
10-11-12, 08:55 AM
Kooky, i am new to this story game. How many gold can u accept per day?

You can accept as many as you've receive.

You can gift 3 per day.

makafushigi
10-11-12, 09:16 AM

lol is stormie everyone's neighbor? I feel so used. I'm jealous of all the diamond dragons they (he/she?) has

sbaddmclovinn
10-11-12, 09:23 AM
Even when ppl send me gold and i accept it it doesnt register in my gold thing. I JUST recieved 3 gold gifts and accepted them all but my gold still says 0. What gives? This game is frustarating. And some dragons amd items u cnt purhase w.o gold and i REFUSE to spendreal $$$ playing a game. Atleast in bakery story the food and most appliciance can be bought with coins. Its even a hassle gryimg to earn coins. Im getting reallyfed up w. This game.

sangmort
10-12-12, 02:39 AM
Even when ppl send me gold and i accept it it doesnt register in my gold thing. I JUST recieved 3 gold gifts and accepted them all but my gold still says 0. What gives? This game is frustarating. And some dragons amd items u cnt purhase w.o gold and i REFUSE to spendreal $$$ playing a game. Atleast in bakery story the food and most appliciance can be bought with coins. Its even a hassle gryimg to earn coins. Im getting reallyfed up w. This game.

I am having the EXACT same problem! I had like, 12 people send me gold today [ or so it says in my newsfeed ] but no matter what I do it never actually appears in the main game!

Frustrating, to say the least!!! ~

Nefertekas
10-12-12, 02:46 AM
You need neighbors for the maps. Trust me, being in need of 46 maps and only having 3 neighbors will become seriously frustrating :p but yeah, the gold limitation is ridiculous. However, it's on purpose.
Can anyone please tell mw aht's the support email for Team Lava?

rccolaseats
10-13-12, 04:14 AM
Hello
My ID is rccolaseats, game with a issue is dragon story!
I have a Droid razor maxx, ops is Android 4.0.4
I am having the sane issue as it seams as some of the other user are! It says i have gold bit it week not let me accept it! As well as it will not let me send gold to any of my friends! It keeps saying I have already sent gold for that day, which i obviously have not! I have tried uninstalling, then the app as well as rerun off my device and turning it back on! To which neither as helped in any way! So puzzled need help! :(
P.S. On another note play all ur games and love them even with their minor glitches! Thank u so much! :)

kooky panda
10-13-12, 07:09 AM
You can only gift to three neighbors per day. If you send out to everyone at once, the game will randomly pick three neighbors to send the gold to, you will then get a screen saying that only 3 nbrs got your gift.

You will see in your gift list, gold you recieved over the last few days. You may of already accepted that gold a few days ago.
Look at the time the gold was sent to you.

buzzingum
10-14-12, 12:03 AM
If you still have original app the one before update, you can gift all nbrs. Feeding costs are cheaper too.

sourlicorice5
10-14-12, 12:06 AM
You need neighbors for the maps. Trust me, being in need of 46 maps and only having 3 neighbors will become seriously frustrating :p but yeah, the gold limitation is ridiculous. However, it's on purpose.
Can anyone please tell mw aht's the support email for Team Lava?

support@teamlava.com

Nefertekas
10-14-12, 01:23 AM
support@teamlava.com

Thank you!

cleodux
10-14-12, 02:38 AM
I was wondering why i cant send gold as well. Now i know why. But why nonotice about this? And it sucks if we cant return gift to neighbour who already send gift to you.

Even when i try to mass send. The pop up always said that i gifted max and none of them received.

farmsheera
10-16-12, 01:48 AM
I think team lava should make it possible to gift all your ngb gold. Put a max on gold per player per day. This is not fair... only 3. Either cut the cost of items or up the gold giting a little. This is frustrating.

bloodygodess
10-28-12, 04:54 AM
I have 220 neighbors how come when I send my daily gifts it tells me all the time that 157 or 76 or 139 or so don't receive their gifts. Also do maps count as gifts? And how should I go about gifting to receive more gold?

firewhisker950
10-28-12, 07:27 AM
You can only gift 3 people, and the only option is gold. The best way to get gold is having a few neighbors who you always exchange gold with.

fickleone
10-28-12, 09:04 AM
We need more gifting options. I play other TL games, so I know the capacity is there. Limit the gold to 3 a day, but let us gift coin or food to all our neighbors.

BellasHouse1
10-28-12, 10:27 AM
I think that's stupid. A 3 gold limit??? They already put a limit on all the other games to receive 20 gifts per day. Why can't we get 20 gold in this game per day? Not right TL.

ButterPanda
10-29-12, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Ill pass this on to our developers.

lylahmae
10-29-12, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Ill pass this on to our developers.

We have been suggesting this for months....haven't you mentioned this already?? Do you really tell them? I just find it hard to believe you haven't said something about this already if you really pass on our requests.

MarinaSantAna7
10-31-12, 08:32 PM
I don't think the 3-gold-per-day limit is fair. It should be limited to a certain percentage of your total amount of neighbors. 'cause like, if you have 50 beighbors it's not fair to limit gifts to only 3 of them, it's different than people who have like 5 or 6 neighbors...

dondonuk
11-18-12, 05:49 AM
It would be nice to be able to gift all neighbours something but at least gift back gold to those that have sent it to you.

Susyalba
11-18-12, 01:26 PM
I make SURE Igift gold every single day. I look to see who has given me gold or materials ive asked for, than work my way from the bottom up, eventually everyone gets gold . It must be working, i get gold and needed things everyday. And for my neighbors who dont get gold or maos...i make sure at the very least i visit and play with their dragons................how exactly does visiting your neighbors (or community) benefit the other person (the sparkles)? I know the "visitor" gets xp and +social status......?

kwhales
11-18-12, 03:39 PM
When you visit another island and play with their dragons (6 habitats for neighbors, 3 for community), you leave sparkles behind. These sparkles are actually coins (depending on your level its 200 coins or 250 coins). So when this person goes to collect on the habs, they collect an extra 250 in coins.

On every hab you have that is sparkling, you get an extra star, and coins. so clear your habitats often because once someone visits a hab, noone else can until you clear it.

you can get alot of coins if you clear often and have alot of habs with at least one dragon assigned to it. You still get coins even if the dragon is breeding or evolving. one just has to be living there.

Crumbles99
12-02-12, 09:41 AM
I send my neighbors gold almost everyday and all but 3 of my neighbors cant recieve it bc too many gifts were sent to them that day....i also am not sure if no one has sent me gild yet or if i am not recievingit for some reason. I have been playing for mo.ths and have not recieved any gifted gold yet. I get posts on my wall that gold was sent but i havent recieved it.

accisse
12-02-12, 06:50 PM
We can only send gold to 3 neighbours each day. (i.e. even if you select all your neighbours to send gold to, the system will randomly pick 3 of them to receive gold)

I usually send to the few "regulars" who keep sending back everyday. Occasionally when I only receive from 2 people, I'll gift them back and then pick another neighbour from my list. A much better way to receive at least some gold everyday.

kaosevil1
12-05-12, 10:48 AM
I really hate not being able to gift Cept to three people. Makes no since to have neighbors if you can't gift to them. And yes I love receiving gold, its the one thing that helps move up. My other games are at stand still cuz I can't afford to buy gold or gems or bucks to head up the level chain. But soon u lose neighbors cuz they haven't received anything for days maybe even months.

ginrae22
12-05-12, 11:40 AM
I generally end up gifting the same people over and over because they always send me gold. Every now and then a different person will send some so I return the favor. I do wish it was a little bit more than three. I definitely try to visit all of my neighbors daily and I depend on them visitng me because everything is so darn expensive.

I will have to not spend any gold for 83 days to save enough for another nest......that stinks. I also think it would be nice to be able to gift food. There's really not much we can do though.

ShelesSweets
12-07-12, 09:17 PM
Every time I send gifts of gold I always get a message that a certain number did not receive the gift. That number never changes. It doesn't matter what time of the day or night I send the gifts it's always the same message. Out of 13 neighbors 11 never receive my gifts. When I added neighbors it's still 11. I also notice that the same two or three ever send me gold. There's something that's keeping me from being able to fully enteract with all my neighbors. I've tried uninstalling from my Kindle Fire, but it's the same story.

Tossa747
12-07-12, 09:46 PM
You can only give 3 gold/day.

SerenityStarfyre
12-08-12, 01:08 AM
I would love to be able to gift to all of my neighbors, but I can only send gold to 3 people per day. It would be great if we could gift food to our neighbors. I always need more food for my dragons. I'm sure my neighbors need food too. :)

Nefertekas
12-08-12, 03:43 AM
You can receive up to 20 gold per day, but you can only send 3 gold.

ButterPanda
12-08-12, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Currently 3 Gold per day is the max. I will pass the suggestion on to our devs.

BusyMommato4
12-08-12, 09:28 PM
I can't even gift to anyone. Two days now and I haven't been able to gift, it just keeps telling me that I have already sent gifts. Getting frustrating.

Oh, and I completely agree, IF there has to be a limit on gifting it, it should be MUCH greater than three.

henrylucky
12-08-12, 09:57 PM
I can't even gift to anyone. Two days now and I haven't been able to gift, it just keeps telling me that I have already sent gifts. Getting frustrating.

Oh, and I completely agree, IF there has to be a limit on gifting it, it should be MUCH greater than three.
Close game, then open it back or restart device first :)

hacheysweets
12-14-12, 05:13 AM
Not getting my gift count.can you fix this?have a lot of friends

tearofbluedragon
12-18-12, 02:49 AM
Why I cannot send gold to neighbors? My Neighbors send gold to me , every day only can give back gold to 3 different neighbors?
TQ!!!

nikky2012
12-18-12, 06:59 AM
Why I cannot send gold to neighbors? My Neighbors send gold to me , every day only can give back gold to 3 different neighbors?
TQ!!!

Three is the max amount of gold you can send a day.

tabuccille
12-18-12, 09:16 AM
I also can't gift to anyone and it has been for over a week now. Every neighbor's GIFT tab is greyed out and it just tells me that I have already sent gifts. I have closed game, restarted device many, many times. This is very frustrating to me. Any advice?

nikky2012
12-18-12, 09:58 AM
I also can't gift to anyone and it has been for over a week now. Every neighbor's GIFT tab is greyed out and it just tells me that I have already sent gifts. I have closed game, restarted device many, many times. This is very frustrating to me. Any advice?

Delete and re-install. TL keeps all your info on your storm id. I've been told this can help. Or force close your device.

tabuccille
12-18-12, 11:23 AM
I deleted and re-installed. Still no luck. Very frustrating...

nikky2012
12-18-12, 11:35 AM

I'm sorry :( I don't know of anything else that could help. I would pm one of the mods and hopefully they will get you to the proper place.

kooky panda
12-18-12, 11:36 AM
You can only send 3 gold gifts per day. Once you send out three for the day, all the GIFT buttons will be greyed out.
If you cannot even send 3, then you will need to email support@teamlava.com so they can check your game.

tabuccille
12-19-12, 09:16 AM

Yipee! This morning I was able to send gifts. The re-install must have needed the overnight release. thanks

nikky2012
12-19-12, 09:19 AM
Yipee! This morning I was able to send gifts. The re-install must have needed the overnight release. thanks

I'm glad it worked for you!

lori11941
01-09-13, 01:42 PM
I routinely get the message "21 of your friends were not able to receive your gift as they have received the maximum number of gifts today..." etc., etc.

I understand that Dragon Story has a lot lower number of gifts allowed each day than the other games. It appears to be 3 vs. 20 on games like Bakery Story.

However, when I happen to be up at 3 am EST, and gift on my other games, everyone gets the gift, as this seems to be when the "day" resets. Not so on Dragon Story. I still get the 21 gifts were not sent message.

Is there a limit to how many gifts I can give on DS in a day?

Can someone please explain the parameters for this particular game as I think I may be short changing the rest of the friends on my list if I'm sending gifts to everyone on my list every day.

Thanks.

cityfan
01-09-13, 01:44 PM
You can only send 3 gifts/day, so if you're selecting all your neighbors and clicking Send, you're actually only gifting the first 3 listed........I learned this the hard way on Dragon Story

lollipop_rp
01-09-13, 02:06 PM
To add on to city fan,
If you select all. Of your friends, the person is chosend randomly

lori11941
01-09-13, 02:25 PM
Thank you. Now that I know this, I'll have to make a schedule on who I send gifts to each day to make sure I'm being fair to everyone.

dragonsdreamvilla
01-19-13, 09:35 AM
I have been unable to send gifts, it gives me a message that 25 of my friends didn't receive because I have already sent them gold or they have received the Max but this happens every time I send it no matter what time of day. Also I have not been able to use any of my gifts, the link is not highlighted. Please help!!! My Island is Dragons dream, level 30, and my Storm8ID is DragonsDreamVilla.

emergRN
01-19-13, 09:46 AM
you can only send 3 gold per day to your nbs :-)

ChasityCarroll1991
01-24-13, 10:58 AM
I have been gifted gold twice and have not received any of it.

ashleyann2006
01-24-13, 11:29 AM
I having the same trouble. i gifted gold twice and no one gift back as well.

kooky panda
01-24-13, 11:56 AM
Make sure the gold you receive is current gold and not from a previous day. You will know it is new if the accept button is lit up. Also you can see how long ago you received the gold.
You can only send 3 gold per day, so even though you send your three gold out per day, you may or may not get gold back since everyone is limited on only sending three.

dragonsdreamvilla
01-25-13, 09:42 AM
OK but what about using the gold you are gifted... it never allows me to click use!!

dragonsdreamvilla
01-25-13, 09:44 AM
And when I send gold its the first time I've sent any that day!

kooky panda
01-25-13, 12:35 PM
Everyday you will get a list of nbrs that gifted you over the past 2-3 days. If already accepted that gold days before you accept button will be greyed out. Only the new gifts you receive , you will be able to accept.

faggyboot
01-30-13, 03:34 PM
Hi,
I am using an android phone, samsung galaxy s2 and my dragon story version is 1.0.5.4. About two weeks ago, I started to experience problems when trying to receive gold from my friends. When they swnd the gold to me before i send it to them for that day, i will not be able to receive the gold. I can only receive it if they send me gold after i have sent them gold and click the "accept" button. This is really horrible as I can almost never receive free gold. I have tried clearing cache, reinstalling the game, restarting my phone etc., but nothing seems to work. Please help me and thanks for reading this:)

Storm8 ID: ***gyboot

viggo
01-30-13, 04:26 PM
Does anyone else have problems gifting. Some days the system doesn't give me the option to gift and when it does, i can gift no more than 3 people. I know there's a cap on how many gift someone can have in a day but this isn't the problem. Would love to gift my neighbours more but can't. Can anyone help?

DragonHeart0
01-30-13, 04:40 PM
The daily gifting limit is 3.
That being said, it is not yet clear to me what time zone the TL servers are in and when the day changes within the game.

codenamezebra
01-30-13, 05:09 PM
Gifting limit is really only 3?

FrozenTurtle
01-30-13, 05:13 PM
The daily gifting limit is 3.
That being said, it is not yet clear to me what time zone the TL servers are in and when the day changes within the game.

We're located in the Pacific Standard Timezone.

Gifting limit is really only 3?

You can only send a maximum of 3 Gold to your neighbors per day.

codenamezebra
01-30-13, 05:16 PM
Ahhhh no wonder why my sister never gets gold from me shes at the bottom of the list! No more gold for stormie then sorry!

kwhales
01-30-13, 05:20 PM
Ahhhh no wonder why my sister never gets gold from me shes at the bottom of the list! No more gold for stormie then sorry!

You shouldn't gift gold to stormie at all. He doesn't use it nor does he gift back, cause he can't. He can only send maps and maybe valentines but I am not sure. Stormie is not a real player.

shewar
02-03-13, 07:28 AM
I have a query regarding the Gifting process - as we can only gift 3 gold per day and the process I use now gifting back in the order that i receive gold is based on the list that appears in the game.

The amount of gold i receive per day varies and can be more than 3 or none at all - at the moment it feels like I am playing catch up and it may be awhile before someone receives their gift - i can remember seeing a name of someone gifting me like 7 days ago..

What I would like to know is does the list retain fully the names of everyone that has gifted you until you gift that back or does that information disappear after a period of time.

for example: say I have for today on the gift list someone has gifted me 4 days ago, 6 3 days ago, 5 2 days ago etc and I gift back the 4 days and 2 of the 3 days the names of the ones who have not been gifted yet will they stay on the list until a gift has been returned or disappear of the list?

kwhales
02-03-13, 07:46 AM
For me, they disappear. I have people on my list who i get gold from their gold playing account but do not gift gold to those names. So I skip over those names and go on to the next name. The next day when the list pops up, it is void of the names i skipped over.

DragonHeart0
02-03-13, 09:01 AM
They do disappear so I keep a separate list and gift according to the person's I am most owing to.

rubyjeen
02-03-13, 09:34 AM
Don't know if its possible, but could tl list who we've sent gold to also. I have enough trouble dealing with my real world mail, without adding more paperwork and lists to try to keep up with. If there is a better place for this post, moderators, please move it where it might do some good. Thank you.

lollipop_rp
02-03-13, 10:17 AM
Maybe you can suggest the TL list thing...

rubyjeen
02-03-13, 10:48 AM
Maybe you can suggest the TL list thing...

Where and how can I do that? Please let me know.

shewar
02-03-13, 11:19 AM
This isn't very good then as i was believing all this time that it kept a record and not keeping tabs myself i now realise i would have missed of people who have gifted me - TL do need to improve on this especially as you can only gift 3 gold per day and nothing else really.

kwhales
02-03-13, 12:00 PM
I would love if my gifting list stayed on screen instead of disappearing after I gift the 3 golds. I like to visit gifters and since some are from days gone by, I don't always remember who they are. So, if the list stayed put, then i could refer to it. (yes, i know i could visit their islands then gift my gold after all visiting is done, but i like to gift gold first so i don't accidently gift to the incorrect island).

barbera75
02-03-13, 09:15 PM
I am still confused...I have list of neighbors and when screen pops up beginning of day....I try to return gift....it will say I have already sent gift for day ...I have more neighbors than I could have gifted in the days I have played....but they are all saying they are already gifted..... my question is this...when am I sending gold? Is that is what is happening when I 'play their dragons?" Info says I can go to their gift store...I don't see any giftstore...only the popup on begining of day...and it took me a couple days to see how that works....Thanks for a reply!!!

MomsHouseofSweets
02-03-13, 09:43 PM
I am still confused...I have list of neighbors and when screen pops up beginning of day....I try to return gift....it will say I have already sent gift for day ...I have more neighbors than I could have gifted in the days I have played....but they are all saying they are already gifted..... my question is this...when am I sending gold? Is that is what is happening when I 'play their dragons?" Info says I can go to their gift store...I don't see any giftstore...only the popup on begining of day...and it took me a couple days to see how that works....Thanks for a reply!!!

I'm not familiar with a "giftstore", but we are only able to send a gift of gold to 3 neighbors each day. So, if for example, you had 30 neighbors and you checked each of your neighbors boxes in your list when you send a gift, only 3 will receive your gift of gold that day.

EleraAthmoru
02-05-13, 01:38 PM
I'd like to add a similar problem to gold that can be send or received between neighbours. I have by now quite a few neighbours on my list, but I am only allowed to send gold to the default Dragon Story account (Stormie's Dragons) and to one of my friends. Regardless of the time of day, when I try to send gold to anyone else, I keep getting the message "You have already sent a gift to Murdragonia today. You can send them another gift tomorrow." I get this message EVERY day, meaning I can never send any gold to any of my friends, save for those two accounts.

I hope this problem will be solved as well.

My Storm8 ID: EleraAthmoru
My device: Android, a Samsung Galaxy S Plus mobile phone.

juecifer
02-09-13, 11:53 AM
Unlike Bakery, restaurant or Fashion story, i just CANT send gold to my nbrs. Is there a reason that i dont know ? How many can i receive and give each day ? How can i wish to reach 50 gold when i cant send (so they dont send back) ?

What are the rules about that ?

Thank you,

Juecifer

ck84candy
02-09-13, 12:02 PM
on dragon story you can only send three peices of gold out a day. you can get unlimited amount back. i rotate out who i send gold to but there are some people i get gold from everyday who i tend to send everyday. sucks cause im sure everyone would love to get tons of gold and then turn around help others at the same time. hope that answers your question.

juecifer
02-09-13, 01:52 PM
Thank you very much :)

Perhapse they should change this thing since gold is really important.

MoltresRider
02-10-13, 08:47 AM
I had 7 neighbors send me gold and when I gift back to one person, all gift back options from all neighbors disappear!!! and I instantly click the same spot again without realizing that they all disappeared and it made me accidentally decline someone's map request!!! I had this issue in the past trying to gift back gold one at a time with all gift back options disappearing after the first or second gift back!!!

kooky panda
02-10-13, 09:46 AM
I am not sure why this happens, but you should always go down and accept all your new gold first, then you can go back and gift gold back to your three neighbors.

ashleyann2006
02-10-13, 07:20 PM
I have the same problem. didnt know its only 3 neighbours, 2nd day playing I sent to all my neighbours, since then i cant send them gold. when i receive gold i try to give back and when i do all the other gold i receive disappear, that screen is gone..
Only tihnk i can gift is mystic maps that are requested from neighbours.. andriod phone playing ds original.

DraconJakc
02-12-13, 12:52 AM
I cant send any gold to my nbrs. I dont know why?
I just start playing DS but I think I should quit. Most of dragons cost gold and I cant buy it because i dont have credits card, i cant receive gold from my nbrs because of gifting limit.
You do not really need Gold to play. If you have the time, it is as good as gold. 1 hour waiting time is 1 gold. If you are patient, you do not need to spend any gold or any money for that matter & still get all the dragons by breeding and waiting.

chefline
02-12-13, 02:32 AM
I have the same problem. didnt know its only 3 neighbours, 2nd day playing I sent to all my neighbours, since then i cant send them gold. when i receive gold i try to give back and when i do all the other gold i receive disappear, that screen is gone..
Only tihnk i can gift is mystic maps that are requested from neighbours.. andriod phone playing ds original.

after you click 'gift back' then another pop-up appears with your neighbor names so you may choose 2 other names to send back, you cannot send back one by one but three at once! better make a list if you receive more than 3 gold in a day, so you may send back to the first three persons first, then send to another three in the next day, etc. hope this is helpful for you :-)

TiwanaSears
02-18-13, 10:37 AM
@campingtime, I totally agree with you. This has become so frustrating to me that I have resorted to making a written list in order to track my 3 gold giving, and with so many neighbors maybe I return I gold a month to each neighbor. I feel bad about this and wish I could give something else (some kind of gift everyday!). This is a major flaw with this game. I am at the point I don't want to accept gold because I feel so bad to not be able to return the favor. TL please address this situation😒

WingsUP
02-18-13, 01:27 PM
Would it be possible to put the 3 a day gold to neighbors in the FAQ under the menu button? It would have been nice to know this upfront when I signed up. Maybe future players could benefit from this and choose to spend $ sooner, or as some of us have children who play and choose to have our kids learn how to stratagize and manage their resouces without spending actual cash. Thanks for a fun game. WingsUP level 12

Dadoue89
02-21-13, 08:00 AM
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. Amongst 15 neighbours, I can send only 3 gifts, whatever the time of the day.
Device: samsung galaxy tab

TheJakster
02-21-13, 09:11 PM
I am having similar issues, loads of neighbors but after sending two gifts I get a message I have already sent gifts to all neighbors. Plus I have het to actually get any gold from them. I have gotten notifications but no increase in gold. My girlfriend and I love the game so far but issues like this are the reasons we have left other games.

Meema13
02-23-13, 08:27 PM
I'm fairly new to this game and was wondering how many neighbors can you send gold to in a days time? I have read the rules but can not see where it tells. I gift every day but can only send 3 and then it says I've sent gold to all my neighbors.

greygull
02-23-13, 08:30 PM
You can only gift 3 people per day. If you send those gifts to multiple people, the system will randomly pick 3 people for you. You can receive up to 20 gifts per day.

Happycity111
02-23-13, 09:15 PM
I have been tryin to receive and give gifts to my neighbors I can't please fix
:(

ticketytock
03-14-13, 10:30 AM
Why can we only send 3? Takes forever to rotate through all my neighbors!

patrickfl
03-17-13, 10:54 AM
Perhaps a simple solution for the gifting problem we all face would be to continue the gold as is, but then add the option to gift food or coin to the other neighbors we have. At least this would allow you to maintain strong neighbors, but not impact TL's bottom line!

russonvolcano
03-20-13, 07:08 PM
I have played several of the Storm8 games that I have been able to send gifts to all my neighbors every day and they have a reasonable limit on how many they can get back. If we can't send gifts to all our neighbors every day maybe there can be a way to be able to send more than 3 a day. I would suggest maybe the amount of gold gifts you can give daily be based on how many neighbors you have or maybe what level you are. I have a lot of neighbors and it is really hard to pick only 3 each day to give to. I have lost a few neighbors because of this. Otherwise, I love the game and am hooked!!

maxchuech
03-21-13, 12:18 PM
So here's the thing, I gift my neighbors and I get the gifts back. But when I tap accept none of the gold appears to be added to my gold. I can't figure out why.

kooky panda
03-21-13, 01:24 PM
So here's the thing, I gift my neighbors and I get the gifts back. But when I tap accept none of the gold appears to be added to my gold. I can't figure out why.
When you come into your game each day, you will send gold sent to you that day plus a list of nbrs that sent you gold over the last few days. If you accept button is greyed out, that means you already accepted that gold the day before.
The lighted accept buttons are the new ones that you have not accepted yet.
You can also look at the time it was sent.

Anasarra
03-21-13, 01:44 PM
How do you stay friends with that many neighbors? Do you visit and play with their dragons often? Daily?

Anasarra
03-21-13, 01:53 PM
I was referring to what someone said...PAGES back! A person had several Hundred neighbors! That seems overwhelming to me! I mean to try to visit everyone. I am very new at this game which is probably obvious!

singhapoorv
03-23-13, 04:56 AM
I have about 52 neighbours(just an estimate:p).Whenever I gift them gold collectively it says that 49of them haven't received any gold but I haven't gifted gold to them for the last two-three days.

Delforce
03-23-13, 05:08 AM
You can only gift gold to 3 players per day. You can receive gold 20 times per day. Could be their limit is reached as well

singhapoorv
03-23-13, 06:02 AM
You can only gift gold to 3 players per day. You can receive gold 20 times per day. Could be their limit is reached as well

Thanxxx for eradicating my confusion..

annbluebird
03-23-13, 11:16 PM
I think that three golds isnt a lot, 5 would be nice BUTif we can send too many it Will not be a good idea. Game is based on breeding if we had too much gold it would be too easy to play and interest will run fast

28ricj
03-26-13, 03:25 AM
It would be good if you could gift food took

SweetFangs
03-26-13, 06:05 AM
I've been asking this for ages in the suggesting thread --- gifting food instead of gold. This makes more sense especially with the new tiered way of feeding said dragons - even on Android. It just would be more conducive to keeping neighbors and it would also stop some of the whining and badgering some folks feel the need to do when it comes to the 'gift' of gold. It's not so much a gift when you have to be rude to someone to get it. Just saying.

muddpie99
03-26-13, 06:21 AM
I beleive you should be able to send 20 gold and receive 20. Only being able to send 3 gold per day is just TL greed. Many times I will receive 15-20 gold and im unable to return the favor for days because of the sending limit. Fix it already TL......between this and the extreme food requirements,silly amount of maps to expand, and now most new dragons breed timers at 20+ hours....I spend less and less time enjoying the game.

haidyplus
03-26-13, 10:39 AM
Hi! It.s goog idea food for gift because I can sent only 3 gift a day...
But sorry...how can I send food?thanks

kooky panda
03-26-13, 10:50 AM
Hi! It.s goog idea food for gift because I can sent only 3 gift a day...
But sorry...how can I send food?thanks

Someone was just suggesting that an feature is added to be able to gift food.
You cannot gift food.

annbluebird
03-26-13, 12:32 PM
I beleive you should be able to send 20 gold and receive 20. Only being able to send 3 gold per day is just TL greed. Many times I will receive 15-20 gold and im unable to return the favor for days because of the sending limit. Fix it already TL......between this and the extreme food requirements,silly amount of maps to expand, and now most new dragons breed timers at 20+ hours....I spend less and less time enjoying the game.

Have less neighbors and you ll be able to send to everyone. Ex: I have 23 neigbors. I v sent 77 gold in a month and recieved 127. Thats enough for me. And neighbors are fine they have at least 1gold/week from me. As I said maybe increase it but not more than five.

muddpie99
03-26-13, 03:11 PM
Have less neighbors and you ll be able to send to everyone. Ex: I have 23 neigbors. I v sent 77 gold in a month and recieved 127. Thats enough for me. And neighbors are fine they have at least 1gold/week from me. As I said maybe increase it but not more than five.

Sorry but im more of a pat my back ill pat yours kinda guy...not pat my back and ill pat yours in a few days when game will allow me to. I receive plently of gold....my point is I cannot send enough in return.

Delforce
03-26-13, 08:30 PM
I've been asking this for ages in the suggesting thread --- gifting food instead of gold. This makes more sense especially with the new tiered way of feeding said dragons - even on Android. It just would be more conducive to keeping neighbors and it would also stop some of the whining and badgering some folks feel the need to do when it comes to the 'gift' of gold. It's not so much a gift when you have to be rude to someone to get it. Just saying.
Whining? Badgering? Rudeness? If i had a neighbour doing any of that to me, well they wouldn't remain a nbr.
To even ask a nbr for gold is impolite. That's my opinion anyway :D

DragonTan1
03-27-13, 04:17 AM
Whining? Badgering? Rudeness? If i had a neighbour doing any of that to me, well they wouldn't remain a nbr.
To even ask a nbr for gold is impolite. That's my opinion anyway :D

Yeah it's rude, I had someone ask me for gold and I told him people normally ask for gold by sending gold... he didn't take the hint, it's been a week and he hasn't sent me any gold lol

Delforce
03-27-13, 05:02 AM
Yeah it's rude, I had someone ask me for gold and I told him people normally ask for gold by sending gold... he didn't take the hint, it's been a week and he hasn't sent me any gold lol
Exactly. I have actually told a nbr, who only recently started, not to send gold to me when I send to him/her. To use it to find some1 to exchange with on regular basis. I would still send when I could tho.
Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful when I receive but I don't want any1 to feel obliged. Only having a quota of sending 3 per day makes it hard. Wish I could send to every1, lol

StrangeLittleGirl
03-27-13, 06:40 AM
To be honest I find gifting quite stressful. I have to keep track of who sent me gold and when I last gifted them back it's a bit of a chore. Would love to be able to send gifts to all my neighbours. If not gold, food or maps would be great!

hamadrys
03-27-13, 07:24 AM
I have 3 gold buddies on each game I play : 2 accounts for DS and 1 for MS. If someone else sends gold, I post on their wall that I have 3 regulars, do not send anymore because I cannot send back. Easy and honest.

accisse
03-27-13, 07:34 AM
I lost one of my regulars... suspect he/she isn't playing anymore :(

DragonTan1
03-27-13, 08:36 AM
To be honest I find gifting quite stressful. I have to keep track of who sent me gold and when I last gifted them back it's a bit of a chore. Would love to be able to send gifts to all my neighbours. If not gold, food or maps would be great!

Yeah I agree, it is a bit of a pain but it only takes a few minutes to write their names down, that way they get gold back. :P

holly_angel
03-30-13, 01:15 PM
I have only 3 gold each day to gift. The neighbors I gift are ones who have gifted me and vice versa.
Now, there has been more than one time that I have tried to gift back, but the gift fails because they are maxed out. THAT COUNTS AS ONE GOLD GIFT!?!? If it doesnt go through with the send, why dont I get to send to three neighbors a day that can receive and gift it back.

The more you gift the more you get, so please please fix the gift trouble.

doop01
03-30-13, 04:06 PM
I don't think I've had this problem. I'm sure I've been able to gift someone else before if a gift has failed...what are you playing on?

doop01
03-30-13, 04:07 PM
I don't think I've had this problem. I'm sure I've been able to gift someone else before if a gift has failed...what are you playing on?

Though this may be a new glitch with one of the recent updates...

darla1123
03-31-13, 04:47 AM
This morning when I sent gold from both my game and my daughters it only allowed me to send it to 2 people. Has anyone else noticed this?

kurebiz
03-31-13, 04:54 AM
i've always been able to send 3...

kms899
03-31-13, 09:01 AM
Most of the times I can only send one or two gold, and I have to be fair and send to members who has sent them to me, now I have a list of the members who has sent me gold in order for me to send them when available.

holly_angel
04-01-13, 03:48 AM
I do the same, kms899. Im on android. Neighbor that was up on my gift list was full but it counted anyway, and I was only able to successfully send two neighbors gold after the fail..

Its happened before, not many of my heighbors have ever been full so its odd given that alone. Maybe it is a glitch.. seems more like an oversight to me

Does this happen to anyone else?

tippys28
04-01-13, 04:26 AM
Yea im on android and can only gift 3 gold.

holly_angel
04-04-13, 04:39 PM
Seems like im having an issue to report. Still havent got reply from the first time I tried reporting a separate issue months ago. Its like there's no one to report it to...

annbluebird
04-04-13, 04:42 PM

of course iOS and Android users can only send three gold / day. that s normal

doop01
04-10-13, 04:13 AM
Just wanted to get a few opinions on this. It took quite a long time for me to get some neighbours that exchanged gold on a daily basis. It seemed that just when I had a great 'regular' it would all come to a grinding halt. I now have some wonderful neighbours that I exchange with every day :P My problem is this, over the last couple of weeks I have had quite a few neighbours that seem to be sending me gold randomly.... Now it's true there are worse problems to have, but I don't like the fact that I am unable to return the gift. I have been trying to leave notes on the various walls thanking them and explaining that I am very sorry that I am unable to return the gift as I will always gift my daily 'buddies'. Even so there are some that continue to send me gold. I feel bad about it since gold is not exactly easy to come by, and every day there seems to be yet another neighbour sending it. As I said, not the worst problem to have with this game but I'm not happy about accepting when I can't return the favour. Please don't bother telling me not to accept the gold......I'm not entirely crazy! But any ideas of the etiquette would be great. :)

RotomGuy
04-10-13, 04:17 AM
I have 4 dedicated good buddies too (2 of which who receive one alternating days) and I feel bad not being to gift back people who gift me.

This would be the perfect solution to more than 3 gold sent a day, but still a limit would need to be in place.

doop01
04-10-13, 04:33 AM
I have 4 dedicated good buddies too (2 of which who receive one alternating days) and I feel bad not being to gift back people who gift me.

This would be the perfect solution to more than 3 gold sent a day, but still a limit would need to be in place.

Agreed, there has to be a limit.

moostermine
04-10-13, 04:40 AM
Not sure if I do things properly or not. I have several people I exchange with but it's on a rotating basis, so I just send to the last three on the list. I don't mind if they miss a day and I hope they understand when I do.

QueenAssassin21
04-10-13, 04:50 AM
Yesterday Icould not gift at all. This morning the option finally showed up and I decided to gift as I visit. I managed to visit two islands before the option disappeared. Next time I will try bulk gifting then visiting. Is anyone else having a problem?

Yes, its so annoying. I can gift once then that's it??? I try and gift everyone on my first visit of the day on DS but most are max'd, but I don't have the chance to do it again till the next day. So most my nbrs are left without gifts from me. Why is this?

QueenAssassin21
04-10-13, 04:51 AM

Really?? That will answer my question I posted then.

Paul__
04-20-13, 07:55 AM
Did you gift every body before

Paul__
04-20-13, 07:56 AM
you can only gift 3 times a day

Boogie083
04-20-13, 09:05 AM
No option to gift Stormie !! especially in DS and any other game with send 3 gifts to 3 nbrs per day. Newbies may not realize Stormie does not Gift Back !!

Boogie083
04-20-13, 09:06 AM
oops... meant to say "There should be no option..."

glitterbabies
04-20-13, 09:14 AM
I was wondering about gifting. If I try to gift someone it says I already gifted them today when I hadn't. What does that mean?

I get gold gifts from several people a day and want to return the favor but don't seem to be able to do so.

so to make up for it I visit their island as many times a day as I can to play with their dragons.

I'm on kindle does that makes a difference on the gifting issue?

kwhales
04-20-13, 09:56 AM
I was wondering about gifting. If I try to gift someone it says I already gifted them today when I hadn't. What does that mean?

I get gold gifts from several people a day and want to return the favor but don't seem to be able to do so.

so to make up for it I visit their island as many times a day as I can to play with their dragons.

I'm on kindle does that makes a difference on the gifting issue?

You can only give three gold a day as gifts. You get the already gifted message when you pick more than 3 people to give gold to. Best way to solve this, is to give the gold to the bottom three neighbors on your list. That way, eventually you will give gold to each neighbor who gifted you. Most players realize that they will not get a gold gift each day from neighbors unless you have a gold buddy. Most 'nice' neighbors understand this because they are in the same situation you are.

glitterbabies
04-20-13, 09:59 AM
You can only give three gold a day as gifts. You get the already gifted message when you pick more than 3 people to give gold to. Best way to solve this, is to give the gold to the bottom three neighbors on your list. That way, eventually you will give gold to each neighbor who gifted you. Most players realize that they will not get a gold gift each day from neighbors unless you have a gold buddy. Most 'nice' neighbors understand this because they are in the same situation you are.

thanks kw. I don't think we're neighbors gonna add you if that's alright :)

one question though, when you said "bottom 3 people" do you mean scroll to the bottom of the list or do you mean something else?

kwhales
04-20-13, 10:19 AM

one question though, when you said "bottom 3 people" do you mean scroll to the bottom of the list or do you mean something else?

The first time you log into the game, the list of gold givers appears. Go to the bottom and pick the last three. That way, the people who gave you gold a few days ago will get a gold first. It lets them know you appreciate their gift even if it has taken a bit of time to give back to them. Like I said, most people understand returned gold is not immediate.

kwhales
04-20-13, 10:20 AM

Oh, and you can add me.

colleeninababies
04-22-13, 11:50 AM
Hi every morning when i first play the game i try to gift some of my neighbours or all my neighbours with gold, especially the one that send me gold everyday. The problem is that everymorning at the very beginning of the game, it tells me that i have already done that, which is impossible, unless i am playing it at night in the middle of my sleep, unbeknown to me. Why can't i gift anyone, i dont understand. Also it states in the information on the game by team lava, that every neighbour has a gift store, the same as pet shop story, and fashion story. Not one of my neighbours has a gift store, and never have had a gift store, in all the time i have been playing, i only realized it when i read the instructions, i am at level 23. If i cannot gift anyone, the 3 or 4 people that send gold will stop doing it, if i donot return the favour. What is the most gold you are allowed to receivce in a single day, how can i resolve my situtation.

aceblade
04-22-13, 12:07 PM
Perhaps the game doesn't reset until later for you? Not sure what time zone you are in but, I imagine this is what's happening for you. Try gifting later in the day.

stlgreg11
04-22-13, 12:14 PM
Hi every morning when i first play the game i try to gift some of my neighbours or all my neighbours with gold, especially the one that send me gold everyday. The problem is that everymorning at the very beginning of the game, it tells me that i have already done that, which is impossible, unless i am playing it at night in the middle of my sleep, unbeknown to me. Why can't i gift anyone, i dont understand. Also it states in the information on the game by team lava, that every neighbour has a gift store, the same as pet shop story, and fashion story. Not one of my neighbours has a gift store, and never have had a gift store, in all the time i have been playing, i only realized it when i read the instructions, i am at level 23. If i cannot gift anyone, the 3 or 4 people that send gold will stop doing it, if i donot return the favour. What is the most gold you are allowed to receivce in a single day, how can i resolve my situtation.

I have the same problem or close to it.

I can give and receive gold with three people.

I cannot give gold to any of my neighbors nor do I receive any. I am always told that i gave it to them already.

I would really like to see others answers on this....and i am on level 22

stlgreg11
04-22-13, 12:16 PM
Perhaps the game doesn't reset until later for you? Not sure what time zone you are in but, I imagine this is what's happening for you. Try gifting later in the day.

I have tried in the morning and the evening and during hte lunch hours. Even once at 4 a.m.
I dont think that is it

fitfunsparkle
04-22-13, 12:27 PM
Do you try to send to everyone of your neighbors each day? You can only send to three. If you send to more than that it will gift to the first three then when it attempts the fourth and so on it will tell you that you have already gifted your neighbors. Have you tried it three at a time only?

stlgreg11
04-22-13, 01:46 PM
Do you try to send to everyone of your neighbors each day? You can only send to three. If you send to more than that it will gift to the first three then when it attempts the fourth and so on it will tell you that you have already gifted your neighbors. Have you tried it three at a time only?

I thnik that answers my question. I didnt realize there was a limit. Thanks!

sand
04-22-13, 02:21 PM
Actually, if you select several neighbors, gold will be sent to a random 3 from the list; not necessarily the first 3.

You may also get the "already sent" message if you try to send gold to a neighbor who already got 20 from his/her other neighbors.

Try this: invite SAND, then select Aetherlands individually and tap SEND. I'm pretty sure I'll get it, but you can post on my wall and request confirmation. (Return gift not guaranteed. I have nearly 800 neighbors.)

DragonTan1
04-22-13, 08:52 PM
Actually, if you select several neighbors, gold will be sent to a random 3 from the list; not necessarily the first 3.

You may also get the "already sent" message if you try to send gold to a neighbor who already got 20 from his/her other neighbors.

Try this: invite SAND, then select Aetherlands individually and tap SEND. I'm pretty sure I'll get it, but you can post on my wall and request confirmation. (Return gift not guaranteed. I have nearly 800 neighbors.)

LMAO!! One minute... let me go try that out!! ....yeah, nice try lol

I just sent 4 gold today, so was it increased?! Maybe that is why some of you are having problems... I'll see if I can send 4 later.

sand
04-23-13, 04:10 AM

I just sent 4 gold today, so was it increased?! Maybe that is why some of you are having problems... I'll see if I can send 4 later.

Seriously? I'd better check. If those buttons are still purple after 3 gifts today, the 4th one is yours, DragonTan. (That is, if I can figure out which Dragonville is yours. Oh wait - no problem - you'll be the Dragonville with every blasted dragon except Clockwork and maybe Saturn, unless your mojo juiced up again in the last few hours.)

DragonTan1
04-23-13, 08:03 AM
Seriously? I'd better check. If those buttons are still purple after 3 gifts today, the 4th one is yours, DragonTan. (That is, if I can figure out which Dragonville is yours. Oh wait - no problem - you'll be the Dragonville with every blasted dragon except Clockwork and maybe Saturn, unless your mojo juiced up again in the last few hours.)

lol No it hasn't, I just got another Air with Cosmic/Cosmic which shuldn't be possible... I'll check later if I can still send 4 gold.

elektraalpha
04-30-13, 09:20 AM
In other game I can send as many gifts I like as long as my neighbors don't reach 20 items limit. Why can't I do the same on DS?

gunfight
05-01-13, 05:19 AM
I never get gold gifted back to me:-(

spectacular2nv
05-01-13, 02:00 PM

you gifted 4, i could only gift 2 and im hiding.

dairine2003
05-01-13, 10:18 PM
I try not to over think the gold thing. I gift gold back in the order I receive it from my neighbors. I usually receive at least five or six gold a day and I diligently send out my three every morning. It might take a few days to gift back, but this seems an efficient system. If I limit myself to sending only to my closest neighbors, the most I get is three a day.

montrianmaster
05-15-13, 06:33 AM
So that is why I had gifting trouble

Medea7Wisp
05-28-13, 03:11 AM
Hi, just a bit confuzzled because my friends all gifted me back and so the green use button isn't lit up and clickable. It only let's me clcik gift back. Then when I exit and try to go back to accept the gold it can't. No gold is added to my gold bar.

Also when I breed fire then forest I get forest/fire types. ? ono

maguar
05-28-13, 03:33 AM
At the start of each day your newsfeed will show the last 20 gifts you received. If you're seeing a grey use button that you can't press it means that you've previously accepted them. Gold only gets added to your total when you press the green accept button. After that it turns to the green use button.

Breeding forest and fire will give you dragons that combine those colours.

Baraze
05-28-13, 03:36 AM
When you breed fire as forest, the types of dragons you get will always be kept to those with the same colors. For instance, wild, forestfire, life, landworm. You have to bring other colors to the mix, to get more outcomes.

If you accepted the gold gifts from them it won't show up as "use gift". Check your number of gold at the top of your screen to make sure its being added. If it isn't, then force close or delete and reinstall the game to see if that helps.

goddessnikole
06-14-13, 12:50 AM
I actually suggested something similar, but not to that degree. I suggested sending gold to all neighbors but you can only accept gold 3 times a day or up to 20 gold a day as it already stands, at least this way you can gift all your neighbors evenly. I currently send gold starting with the farthest day out to whom has gifted me because I noticed one day me and the same 3 people were sending gold to each other. It seems unfair no matter what because even still, for the most part I'm sending gold to the same 5 or so people. If we can accept 20 gold a day, we should be able to send to all, it will help discover who's inactive and clear out bad neighbors too. Gift to all collect 20 as always at the very least do not make the 20 you sent to eligible for gold from you until you have gifted all your neighbors. Even if they did that now with the current system, making neighbors who have been gifted unable to receive until you have gifted all seems a little more fair.

goddessnikole
06-14-13, 12:51 AM
I like the food idea kooky, that could be helpful too.

goddessnikole
06-14-13, 01:00 AM
I think a lot of you should also scroll down your list when you see the pop up for gold, you can take notice to everyone who has sent gold to you. I received 8 gold in one day because 8 of my neighbors thought of me the same day. I believe had it been 20 I would have received the full 20, that doesn't fix the problem of only being able to gift 3 back. I start at the farthest day received and do my gifting that way, atm it seems the only fair way for me.

woeper
06-15-13, 11:16 PM
Hello,
My English is not so good but I try to explain.

I can't give gifts to my friends, the games say that I already give my neigbors a gift. But I did not give them anything.....
What's the problem???

TinksThots
06-16-13, 01:01 AM
You can only gift gold to 3 neighbors a day. After you send 3, it'll tell you that you can't send more.

The day starts over at midnight Pacific time. That was an hour ago. Have you tried within the past hour?

If you can't send any gifts at all, send an email to support@teamlava.com and tell them what's going on. Be sure to include your storm8 ID. :)

BlizzardyB
07-11-13, 05:17 AM
Hello,

I love the fact that we can send gold to each other! However, as you can only send a maximum of 3 gold bars to neighbors each day, I feel a bit sad for my other neighbors. :(
Would it be possible to have more/different gifts to send? Maybe mystic maps, or a bag of food?

southernhusky
09-05-13, 06:44 AM
Im new to this game. Level 10. I have neighbors but whenever they ask me to send food, I'm only able to send gold.

Also, every time I send gifts, it tells me that none of my neighbors can receive my gifts because of max gifts. This happens everyday. Im starting to think it might be a glitch or something.

Can someone explain to me in detail the gift situation in this game? How it works?

vozier
09-05-13, 06:50 AM
You cannot gift food in DS.
There is a limit to the number of gifts you can send daily (3), and there is also a limit to the number of gift you can receive. Also maps are limited to 20 maps received daily.
So when you send gifts to all neighbors its normal that it says many of them could receive it.

vozier
09-05-13, 06:52 AM
erratas i meant "could NOT receive it" , its normal because of all the limits (send/receive). If you wanna make sure a certain neighbor gets a gift, you can gift back or gift before sending to the whole list. If not the game will gift neighbors according to the limits.

leonard2014
01-09-14, 12:26 PM
I agree, I like to be able to send some gold out, but I would like to be able to send the rest of my neighbors food.
When trying to feed a higher leveled dragon it takes tons of food.

The suggestion of sending food as gifts has been passed on.
But it is still the same and only being able to gift three gold a day should be explained in the fact section on the game. I didn't know anything about it until a higher level player informed me. That's crazy. Also you should be able to earn it like gems in the other games. I play the games there fun but I would never pay for them.

dubbleyooteeyef
01-09-14, 07:13 PM
I have some questions on the (Gift) lists

Do older entries on the gift lists ever expire?
i want to make sure I return all gifts to my neighbours but the more I get the further back my list goes and I don't want them to "fall off".

Also, is there a maximum number of entries on the lists?
Sometimes I am sure I clear my requests list (eg neighbour or request), and then moments later I have new entries that may be many minutes or hours old.

and is it the same for all TL games (I see this on Castle story as well)

thanks

fairyoflife
05-10-14, 08:06 AM
I think you should make it stay three gold per day but make it so you can gift all your other neighbors small gifts like coins and food. Then some people wont feel as left out.

fairyoflife
05-10-14, 08:14 AM
I think you should make it stay three gold per day but make it so you can gift all your other neighbors small gifts like coins and food. Then some people wont feel as left out.

Serendipidie
07-22-14, 09:18 PM
My gifts of gold arent working either been sending emails but no real answer Im new when I accept 1 I look up at my gold and it dont change, this is for Dragon Story, also if anyone has some helpful hints I sill take them struggling trying to clear out the trees and items there is one rock to remove 75k $ its nutz my id is Serendipidie I always return gifts and visit when I can. Will take all advice.

Meowmeowbeans
07-23-14, 11:39 AM
Here's a little bit more information about our gifting feature: You can send up to three Gold per day, one each for three different neighbors. If you select more than three neighbors to send Gold, the game will randomly select the three that will receive gold. You can receive up to 20 Gold each day from your neighbors, and please keep in mind that you may not actually see the gold added to your gold count as it may have been added when you tapped to accept it, rather than when the game notified you that you'd received the gold.

If you're looking for tips and tricks to help you in-game, you should visit our Dragon Story Forums (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?91-Dragon-Story-Discussions). :)

AJImmer
07-24-14, 09:49 PM
My gifts of gold arent working either been sending emails but no real answer Im new when I accept 1 I look up at my gold and it dont change, this is for Dragon Story, also if anyone has some helpful hints I sill take them struggling trying to clear out the trees and items there is one rock to remove 75k $ its nutz my id is Serendipidie I always return gifts and visit when I can. Will take all advice.

Try this thread for good advice on earning money - the cost of clearing land will only get higher as you expand and if you don't focus on generating income you'll always be short of coins.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?43317-STARTING-PLAYERS-How-to-get-Rich&p=501680&viewfull=1#post501680

benjessie
07-26-14, 09:09 AM
Well... I have like 3-5 people giving me gold everyday, and a few are consistent, so it's hard for me to pick.

kirigaya531
11-08-14, 01:33 AM
i am actually having issues with getting the gold i have been gifted it would be nice to know y this is

Anaboe
11-10-14, 06:56 PM
If you can tell us what your issues are, perhaps we can help :)

sorkafaranth
02-24-15, 07:19 PM
Is it possible to gift gold to more than 3 people a day?
Thanks

PepperWoo
02-24-15, 07:41 PM
No, that's the limit.

Kennedward
02-24-15, 07:41 PM
No, the game limits 3 gold gifting per day