PDA

View Full Version : Is there any method to earn gold other than purchase it?

gdoldcat
05-18-12, 08:01 AM
it seems purchase from teamlava is the only way....sigh!

viviansmo
05-18-12, 09:31 AM
you can have neighbors gift you gold. but a person can only gift gold to three people each day, so don't expect all your neighbors to send you gold.

ButterPanda
05-18-12, 04:59 PM
currently the only two ways are purchasing it and having neighbors gift it to you.

gdoldcat
05-18-12, 05:21 PM
Oh! Thank guys. That's is a good news that can have gold without purchase. Although the chance is small but better than nothing. Thanks again for reply

JohnnieBravo
05-18-12, 09:31 PM
If I select all neighbors when gifting gold, is it sent to 3 random people? Or does it just pick the first 3 from the list?

greygull
05-18-12, 09:35 PM
I'm not completely sure. I know on Pet Hotel, if you select all, then it does it randomly.

gorgeously_me
05-19-12, 06:29 AM
:confused: I'm currently at Level 7 and I'm stuck at completing a goal which says I have to hatch an egg worth 400 gold. How to earn much gold amounting to such? Anyway, I love Dragon Story. It's simply addictive. Hope we could all be neighbors guys. Feel free to add me and we'll be playing with our dragons. ID is gorgeously_me Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks :)

kooky panda
05-19-12, 07:51 AM
It takes time to build up your coins. Try going into your game every hour and collecting from your habitant.
Also go play with other players dragons, so they will come back and play with yours. You will receive extra coins when your habitant has been played with and you collect on the sparkles.

DAmanding
05-19-12, 09:02 AM
Are you talking about coins or gold bars? They wouldn't put in a goal that would require 400 gold bars that didn't have an alternative coin/time based method of earning it. If you're talking about 400 gold bars, give us more information on what the specific goal is and we can help you figure out how to finish the goal without spending gold bars.

gorgeously_me
05-19-12, 09:09 AM
Are you talking about coins or gold bars? They wouldn't put in a goal that would require 400 gold bars that didn't have an alternative coin/time based method of earning it. If you're talking about 400 gold bars, give us more information on what the specific goal is and we can help you figure out how to finish the goal without spending gold bars.

I'm totally new to this game but I soon figured out how to complete that goal. The goal is entitled Forestfire and it requires me to hatch a Fire\Forest hybrid dragon. And the Wild Dragon costs 400 gold bars. Currently, I'm hatching the egg of a fire/forest hybrid dragon. Thank you for your concern. :)

anujagupta
05-19-12, 09:10 AM
Even i have the same goal....goal name is forestfire. It tells us to buy dragon that cost 400 golds...

gorgeously_me
05-19-12, 09:12 AM
It takes time to build up your coins. Try going into your game every hour and collecting from your habitant.
Also go play with other players dragons, so they will come back and play with yours. You will receive extra coins when your habitant has been played with and you collect on the sparkles.

Thanks kooky panda. I've read some of your helpful posts for Fashion Story and Dragon Story. And I'm really glad for spending your time to help me figure things out.  Keep safe.

gorgeously_me
05-19-12, 09:15 AM
Even i have the same goal....goal name is forestfire. It tells us to buy dragon that cost 400 golds...

You're right. But I figured out how to prevent you from buying that Wild Dagon worth 400 gold bars. You just have to build a breeding den. And then combine the breeds of a fire dragon and a forest dragon. Once the breed is complete, you'll have to wait for the fire/forest hybrid dragon egg to be hatched.  i hope this would help you. Enjoy playing. 

anujagupta
05-19-12, 09:52 AM
You're right. But I figured out how to prevent you from buying that Wild Dagon worth 400 gold bars. You just have to build a breeding den. And then combine the breeds of a fire dragon and a forest dragon. Once the breed is complete, you'll have to wait for the fire/forest hybrid dragon egg to be hatched.  i hope this would help you. Enjoy playing. 
Thankyou

yanny7
05-19-12, 04:58 PM
i just noticed that we can send golds as gift. i think we can get 20 golds (max) per day. am i right? just like other stories….

sweetstuff525
05-19-12, 05:01 PM
i just noticed that we can send golds as gift. i think we can get 20 golds (max) per day. am i right? just like other stories….

You can only send 3 golds not sure how many you can receive

DAmanding
05-19-12, 07:11 PM
You can only send 3 golds not sure how many you can receive

I saw somewhere that the max you can receive is 6.

hokix
05-19-12, 07:17 PM
You can get everything by breeding different kinds of dragons together.

hokix
05-19-12, 07:34 PM
If I select all neighbors when gifting gold, is it sent to 3 random people? Or does it just pick the first 3 from the list?
I'm considering changing my name, so that I could be the first one on everybody's neighbor list.

kooky panda
05-19-12, 09:01 PM

I am pretty sure that it does just go out randomly.

justplainlucas
10-10-12, 08:42 AM
So, to my understanding the only way to get gold is to get it from neighbors, but you're supposed to give it away in order for neighbors to give gold back to you.... That means I'm treading water. Why is there no other option to get gold? Why can't I breed rare dragons and sell them for gold? Would take eons to make enough gold to buy what I want, but at least I'd have a route in the game where I could do so. Oh, and since I could make my own gold, I would feel more compelled to share it, thus the community aspect improves...

I understand the free-to-play business model, but I also know of games that let you earn premium content by actually playing the game. You don't have to give gold away to free players like candy, but you should at least have a better venue than waiting for someone philanthropic neighbors to help you out (which I will never in turn since it's such a rare commodity).

sweetstuff525
10-10-12, 08:59 AM
The gold you give doesnt subtract from your gold... You can gift only 3 neighbors and can receive up to 20 gold

justplainlucas
10-10-12, 09:34 AM
*sigh* Maybe if that was explained somewhere in the FAQ... Maybe it was and I just missed it.... Well, I feel like an idiot. Sorry.

[S8] Elsa
10-10-12, 10:55 AM
*sigh* Maybe if that was explained somewhere in the FAQ... Maybe it was and I just missed it.... Well, I feel like an idiot. Sorry.

No worries. Thank you for coming to the forums to learn about the game. ^_^

Sweetstuff525 is correct, it doesn't subtract from your friends' gold. The game creates the gold when they send the gift to you. You can accept up to 20 gold per day, but you can only send 3 per day.

justplainlucas
10-11-12, 10:29 AM
No worries. Thank you for coming to the forums to learn about the game. ^_^

Sweetstuff525 is correct, it doesn't subtract from your friends' gold. The game creates the gold when they send the gift to you. You can accept up to 20 gold per day, but you can only send 3 per day.Thank you for replying. I would like to further express my issue with this mechanic if I may. Getting up to 20 gold per day is fine, but the real problem is being capped to only give out three per day. This creates an issue with limited seeding, and causes a negative impact on the social aspect of the game. When I first learned about getting 20 gold per day, I was like, "Cool. I can get the dragons I want in a few weeks." Well, since then I've only gotten two gold. It didn't occur to me then that of the 100 or so neighbors I have, the odds of 20 of them giving me gold per day is ridiculously low, since they themselves can only gift three people.

I also wish to express my dislike in the selling prices of dragons. Out of curiosity, I tried to sell a level seven dragon to see what the price was, and it's only 10 silver? I spent more than that just to hatch the dragon, let alone the price and time spent to raise the dragon to that level. This needs to be seriously adjusted. Breeding animals is a lucrative industry in the real world, and it should be reflected in games. We should be able to make money, even gold, by selling dragons that we spend serious silver and time raising.

I hate being the person trying to tell others how to do their jobs, make their games, etc., but I have a feeling your business is being run as simply a business and not a game company. I wish I could have a sit down with you or some other shot caller at your company and work over your business model for you guys. You have a lot of gamers who clearly like the game, but your stringent in-game and premium pricing are limiting your customer base. It's highly imbalanced, and I urge you all to have a meeting and reevaluate these aspects of your game.

Thanks for your time.

ButterPanda
10-12-12, 02:25 PM
Thank you for giving us your opinions and feedback. I will pass this on to our developers.

farmsheera
10-16-12, 01:55 AM
I SOOOOOOO agree. Those selling costs are ridicoulos!