PDA

View Full Version : Lag. Lag. Lag.

DAmanding
05-18-12, 07:10 AM
All the Story games lag on my old 2nd gen ipod Touch so I thought I was prepared for that. Not even close. This game lags like twenty times worse than Bakery. Here's a transcript of my actions in trying to get through the tutorial so I could get my goal gems in Bakery:

Tap icon. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Double tap icon. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Crazy tap icon repeatedly in frustration. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Single tap icon. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Double tap icon. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Crazy tap icon repeatedly for twice as long as previously in extreme frustration, ready to throw the device across the room. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Single tap icon. Wait. Wait. Wait. It finally works.

Next step of the tutorial. Repeat the above steps. Rinse and repeat until I finally got through the tutorial TEN MINUTES LATER!

To be fair. It's also VERY SLOW (though not quite as severe) on an iPhone 4s so you can't tell me its just the hardware. Thankfully I have no intention of continuing to play it, I just wanted my 6 gems and to not see ads for it every few minutes in my other games. But still, I feel sorry for the people who are trying to play it.

apec714
05-18-12, 09:42 AM
Ii think your statement is kinda far off from my experiance I don't receive any lag really maybe check your devices and **** the other apps running in the background to see if that speeds it up some

kooky panda
05-18-12, 10:29 AM
I am on iphone 4 and I do not have any lagging either. Now if I have 6-7 games running in the background all my games lag. I just do a force close and close out the extra games and then I get very speedy.

DAmanding
05-18-12, 03:37 PM
There's no need, there isn't even the ability to force close apps on an ipod touch 2nd gen running ios 4.x. It can't run ios 5.x and so it doesn't have true multitasking apps. I really wasn't kidding or exaggerating, I really had to do that. It wasn't recognizing my clicks at all.

greygull
05-18-12, 04:12 PM
Have you tried a hard reset recently? Holding the power and home buttons down, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears? That force closes everything running, and helps with lag.

Personal note - I have a similar one (forgot if its 2 or 3), and hard resetting helps. But only for so long (a few days or so), then I'd have to do it again.

DAmanding
05-19-12, 09:12 AM
Have you tried a hard reset recently? Holding the power and home buttons down, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears? That force closes everything running, and helps with lag.

Personal note - I have a similar one (forgot if its 2 or 3), and hard resetting helps. But only for so long (a few days or so), then I'd have to do it again.

No it doesn't help. I've tried that trick a hundred times trying to improve my Bakery lag on that device. Even fresh after a hard reset, going straight into game play and not opening anything else it's still slow as molasses. I'm seriously considering jailbreaking my old ipod. I read online that those particular models are slowed down by the ios, not the hardware limitations and that if you jailbreak it they can run apps much faster.

woodchic
05-29-12, 11:56 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up, I would really like to be able to move items from one section to another. I have started expanding in a new section but I'm not able to move anything to it. I would hate to have to sell an exhibit just to rebuild it where I want it. Also it would be nice to have storage like on the other story games.