PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Goal??

trinityblaze
05-18-12, 04:18 AM
What is this?? A way to tease the users who have been begging for new goals when really it's pure advertisement for the new game. By the way, this "goal" is also in BS and FS.

kancilkiller
05-18-12, 04:29 AM
This is rubbish. I installed just because for the goal. RS itselves already more than enough to keep me busy

NannyDiLo
05-18-12, 04:33 AM
Installed dragon story and rec'd 5 gems after being prompted to buy a table in restaurant story. Bakery doing the same thing but i dont have a peppermint table. What level is it in? I 'm only only level 22

tanisha1234
05-18-12, 04:50 AM
Buying any table for the goal will do, it doesn't have to be the one in the picture :)

sweetstuff525
05-18-12, 04:58 AM
Lol that was a funny goal all I remember doing is buying a table,placing 2 clothing and buying a pet room

In pet hotel story you get 30 gems

kooky panda
05-18-12, 05:02 AM
What is this?? A way to tease the users who have been begging for new goals when really it's pure advertisement for the new game. By the way, this "goal" is also in BS and FS.
actually IOS players have not be able to get free gems anymore when downloading other games, due to apple restrictions.
I was very happy this morning to see that TL has found a new way for IOS players to get free gems for downloading other games.

They gave us one goal to do, to be able to get the gems and the goals were easy and fast.

bobbyrae
05-18-12, 05:36 AM
Install the game, unlock another goal by buying any table. There's a very sweet reward for it.

ladyleorex
05-18-12, 06:54 AM

This is crazy. I'm all for goals but not the ones that shamelessly advertise other games. Come on TL let's do better.

awong3
05-18-12, 06:57 AM
I totally agree. Please don't do advertisements for goals. That is not a goal at all.

bigbux3
05-18-12, 07:22 AM
I thought that was very... very... very stupid. I don't like that game! But, it said it gave me an award (but nothing popped up) so what was it?

sweetstuff525
05-18-12, 07:42 AM
I thought that was very... very... very stupid. I don't like that game! But, it said it gave me an award (but nothing popped up) so what was it?

was supposed to be 6 gems... i got mine maybe since so many are complaining they took off the reward

trinityblaze
05-18-12, 09:07 AM
For the free gems, I downloaded it from the FS goal. Might as well. Lost basically all of my gems due to the new gem trap. However, didn't work. There is a thread someone created in FS that others didn't receive their gems. Also, the progress in the goal section for downloading DS still showed 0% after downloading and installing. GM suggested restarting the device but that didn't work either. Suggestions anyone?

keviPad
05-18-12, 11:17 AM
Everyone please read the goal carefully.

You must INSTALL and 'OPEN' the game. I forget the exact wording they used. I played through the tutuorial. Afterwards you receive no reward. You then buy a table to receive A reward of 6 gems.

doraemon1121
05-18-12, 11:30 AM
After you install the Dragon story game, you need to switch on / load teh Dragon Story before going back to the goal to ACTIVATE you have completed part 1 of the goal
then you can purchase ANY one table for BS and RS to finish the goal, then you will get 6 gems and 3 XPs.

bigbux3
05-18-12, 03:17 PM
They should've given us gems like old times!

bigbux3
05-18-12, 03:17 PM
was supposed to be 6 gems... i got mine maybe since so many are complaining they took off the reward

I only got 6 gems when I bought 1 table.

sweetstuff525
05-18-12, 03:19 PM
I only got 6 gems when I bought 1 table.

That was it 6 gems was the reward

trinityblaze
05-18-12, 03:30 PM
From other threads I've read, some users were able to receive the second simple goal for gems by simply installing. While others, like yourself, had to physically open the new game. This was the case for me. So thanks to the advice.

bigbux3
05-18-12, 03:43 PM
That was it 6 gems was the reward
So does that means I should've gotten 12 total?

sweetstuff525
05-18-12, 03:45 PM
So does that means I should've gotten 12 total?

No only 6 gems in restaurant....bakery is the one that has more goals a d more gems

bigbux3
05-18-12, 03:46 PM
No only 6 gems in restaurant....bakery is the one that has more goals a d more gems

Then what was the prize for Dragon Story download goal?
I only got 6 in RS for buying a table (like in BS)

In BS when I "downloaded" the app, I didn't get the rewards
But I got 6 in BS for buying a table (like in RS)

sweetstuff525
05-18-12, 03:49 PM
Then what was the prize for Dragon Story download goal?
I only got 6 in RS for buying a table (like in BS)

In BS when I "downloaded" the app, I didn't get the rewards
But I got 6 in BS for buying a table (like in RS)

Downloading dragon story opened up the goal of buying table.... If you didn't download app then no goal would have opened up and therefore you would. Not have gotten 6 gems

bigbux3
05-18-12, 03:59 PM
Downloading dragon story opened up the goal of buying table.... If you didn't download app then no goal would have opened up and therefore you would. Not have gotten 6 gems

Huh? All I know is that I've downloaded the app before. I guess it recognized that I've downloaded it before so it counted the goal as complete. This is what I saw:
Before I opened the goal:
http://i46.tinypic.com/nyr89.png
After I opened the goal:
http://i46.tinypic.com/20tfhj7.jpg
The pop-up:
http://i46.tinypic.com/362w1.png
Notice that it's blank! That's how the picture was!
After the table goal:
http://i48.tinypic.com/jajqet.png
I've learned over the months to take pictures of everything!

Denel31
05-18-12, 04:06 PM
I was fed up with the advertisement. I felt stalked by the walking add people and harrassed by all the popups. I understand TL needs to sell their product and I never mind the one add sitting in a corner or the one walking add guy, but a goal "demanding" to install? It went too far. It underestimate and disrespects the customer. Is like the perfume lady at the beauty counter spraying perfume on your face. Please stop this practice, is not pleasant.

I installed the freaking game, which is very cute by the way, but just so the add will desappear. Im sure i would have explore the possibility of installing on my own with just one add. I really hope it never comes back in the shape of goal and never the less "demand" way or form.

If TL cannot give Expansion, at the very least let us play and enjoy the game.

Thank you.

bigbux3
05-18-12, 04:07 PM
And why was there only two goals?

greygull
05-18-12, 04:19 PM
And why was there only two goals?

This is only a guess - you know how TL had to stop giving gems for downloading other apps because of Apple's rules? This is the work around (we think). TL is allowed to reward gems for goals - so if you download the game, that counts towards the first part of the goal (with no reward - so Apple can't say they're violating the rules). The second step of the goal is to buy something basic - a table, a chicken, etc. and the reward is 6 gems. Yes, it is TL advertising their latest game, but now players are getting more then just the ads going away by downloading.

ButterPanda
05-18-12, 05:04 PM

At least you get something out of it.

patriziaf
05-18-12, 10:16 PM
This is only a guess - you know how TL had to stop giving gems for downloading other apps because of Apple's rules? This is the work around (we think). TL is allowed to reward gems for goals - so if you download the game, that counts towards the first part of the goal (with no reward - so Apple can't say they're violating the rules). The second step of the goal is to buy something basic - a table, a chicken, etc. and the reward is 6 gems. Yes, it is TL advertising their latest game, but now players are getting more then just the ads going away by downloading.
That's what Kooky Panda explained in message 6

sparks229
05-18-12, 10:28 PM

They stopped the 6 gems for downloading a TL game because it violated Apple's rules? Feel like such a newbie again. And isn't there like a 4day time limit on it? So just wait for it to disappear if you dont like it :)

bigbux3
05-18-12, 11:02 PM
They stopped the 6 gems for downloading a TL game because it violated Apple's rules? Feel like such a newbie again. And isn't there like a 4day time limit on it? So just wait for it to disappear if you dont like it :)

Will anyone answer my question?
Was there really an award to the Dragon Story goal?

sparks229
05-18-12, 11:08 PM
Will anyone answer my question?
Was there really an award to the Dragon Story goal?

Not to the actual dragon story goal but once you installed and launched it, it unlocks the table goal which gives you 6 gems

bigbux3
05-18-12, 11:41 PM
Not to the actual dragon story goal but once you installed and launched it, it unlocks the table goal which gives you 6 gems

I didn't have to launch it though. And why would they make a goal with no reward? Makes no sense...

greygull
05-18-12, 11:45 PM
I didn't have to launch it though. And why would they make a goal with no reward? Makes no sense...

Because they are not allowed to reward players for downloading other apps (even TL games). Had you already downloaded the game, and opened it?

trinityblaze
05-19-12, 07:42 AM
At least you get something out of it.

I agree. I'm just bitter because of a couple reasons related to TL. The biggest reason is losing the majority of my gems from FS. Although there have been multiple threads and endless complaints, the "tap to manage' (aka gem trap) is still (unfortunately) a feature in FS. While it's nice that TL gave us 6 gems for installing the DS story, I wish they would listen to their user's complaints and remove this feature.

My second reason is because many of the users have been begging for months for new goals. I was ecstatic to see new goals but was let down when I realized what it really was. As you said, at least we got something out of it. I just hope TL will release more goals (whether they are holiday or non-holiday) soon. (Level appropriate goals would be amazing by the way ;) )

bigbux3
05-19-12, 10:16 AM
Because they are not allowed to reward players for downloading other apps (even TL games). Had you already downloaded the game, and opened it?

Yes. But if there was no reward given for that goal, why did it say Rewards: (blank)

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zrp0d0.png

So was this just TeamLava's way of advertising?

sweetstuff525
05-19-12, 10:34 AM
Because tl can't reward us for downloading games...so the reward was 0 but that goal opened the one with reward of 6 gems

bigbux3
05-19-12, 10:56 AM
Because tl can't reward us for downloading games...so the reward was 0 but that goal opened the one with reward of 6 gems

So, lets see if I got this:
TeamLava gave us a goal that advertised DS. But there was "no reward" for this goal. This opened the next goal which had us buy a table that credited us 6 gems.
So... what was the real reward for the table goal?

sweetstuff525
05-19-12, 10:59 AM
So, lets see if I got this:
TeamLava gave us a goal that advertised DS. But there was "no reward" for this goal. This opened the next goal which had us buy a table that credited us 6 gems.
So... what was the real reward for the table goal?
The 6 gems= table goal.......dragon download= reward opened table goal

bigbux3
05-19-12, 11:24 AM
The 6 gems= table goal.......dragon download= reward opened table goal

Oh!
Some reward then.