PDA

View Full Version : Goals??

DoubleZ
05-18-12, 12:37 AM
I'm going to try very, very hard to be as constructively critical as possible, but it's going to be difficult.

So...I open my farm and shockingly find new Goals sitting out there. A bit annoyed, since I'm having a hard enough time trying to keep up with and master the new weekly crops we're receiving, I click on it to see what it's about. Low and behold, what do I find? I have to install and launch a game that I'll never play just to get started!

While I fully understand that this is a free game and TL has a need to advertise their other games, including the ad (which in reality is exactly what it is) in a "feature" that limits the view of my farm thereby hindering play and that will remain on my farm until I complete all the tasks is more than irritating. I don't know of any other game where ads hinder play. Some have runners at the very bottom of the screen, but they don't block the view of the game. There goes the rest if my neighbors! It's almost like TL is trying to get us to quit. Sigh...

TL, if you want people to download and play new games, advertise, but don't hinder play by doing so. You'd also be more likely to get people to play if all your other games didn't have so many issues. Try working towards getting the ratings back up by addressing problems and suggestions, some of which are very much needed, THEN introduce new games.

Also, FYI, I have never been able to get a TL game to download the first time directly from an ad.

jamalo
05-18-12, 12:49 AM
If there was a reward with real goals after installing a game, i would not be annoyed and happily install it but if it is just a new way of advertising and there is nothing behind i totally agree with you... Installed the game and progress bar still at 0% even after reset...So that looks like a new bug..

lizardlickfan
05-18-12, 12:57 AM
I downloaded game then I got one goal afterwards. Buy 1 chicken in farm and buy 1 table in bakery the reward is 6 gems.

DoubleZ
05-18-12, 01:02 AM
Okay, a neighbor just told me that you receive 6 gems for completing this first set of tasks. I suppose it's worth that. My memories of goals aren't fond, and I jumped to conclusions. Apologies.

GroupMagma
05-18-12, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback anyhow; we try to be conscientious of how these features will affect gameplay. We're working out the kinks with the Goals right now.
Edit: These new goals should now be fixed. Carry on. :cool:

Chocolit
05-18-12, 02:38 AM
Hold it! I didn't get the 6 gems for my farm. The Dragon Story icon disappeared after I went back to the farm. Is this a big. The Dragon Story game is still in my iPhone - played a while with it.

Chocolit
05-18-12, 02:54 AM
I mean 'Is this a bug" not "big" - as an add on : Both the Dragon icon and clipboard disappeared when I went back to my farm after playing Dragon Story for a while. Hence, I can't buy the chicken and table you guys are talking about to get the 6 gems reward! Where to go from here?

DoubleZ
05-18-12, 03:01 AM
If there was a reward with real goals after installing a game, i would not be annoyed and happily install it but if it is just a new way of advertising and there is nothing behind i totally agree with you... Installed the game and progress bar still at 0% even after reset...So that looks like a new bug..

There is not a bug. If you read the instructions, you have to play the game a bit. I just went through the tutorial and got to level 2. When you go back to FS, it prompts you some more, asks you to buy a chicken, buy the chicken, place it on your farm, you'll get your reward of 6 gems, sell the chicken and delete the new game if you don't want it. The 6 gems is totally worth the hassle!

Chocolit
05-18-12, 03:37 AM
Have gone to level 3 of dragon story but the Clipboard and Dragon in the farm which disappeared (whilst I was playing DS) has NOT reappeared for me to move on to buy the chicken you are referring to!!

queentina3
05-18-12, 05:04 AM
Have gone to level 3 of dragon story but the Clipboard and Dragon in the farm which disappeared (whilst I was playing DS) has NOT reappeared for me to move on to buy the chicken you are referring to!!

Are you using the latest version of Farm, or were you one of the holdouts that didn't upgrade because of the "Tap to Manage"? From what I can tell, you need the latest version of Farm in order for the goal to work properly. If you are, and still having problems, I'd email support@teamlava.com and tell them what happened and see if they can force the gems through to you.

sweetstuff525
05-18-12, 05:09 AM
yeah got my 6 free gems thanks tl and all i had to do is buy a chicken lol tl can we have more of theses goals?

jamalo
05-18-12, 05:10 AM
My icons are dissapeared so no second step and 6 gems for me... installed the game, played it a bit but not until level 6 but still trying... Can someone from team lava please tell me when i will get the next step to my 6 gems?

Chocolit
05-18-12, 05:46 AM
Don't think latest Tap to manage -fertilizer is the problem. Checked and at least 2 of my neighbours are on the older v1.9 (no tap to manage) and they got their 6 gems from the chicken purchase.

DAmanding
05-18-12, 07:21 AM
I got the Dragon Story goal in Restaurant and Bakery but not in Farm. Of course I haven't updated Farm to the "tap to manage" version and won't, not even for six gems. I have the first new update on Bakery and Restaurant, but not the second one because I didn't want the reduction in customers bug.

kooky panda
05-18-12, 07:55 AM
My icons are dissapeared so no second step and 6 gems for me... installed the game, played it a bit but not until level 6 but still trying... Can someone from team lava please tell me when i will get the next step to my 6 gems?

Did you purchase the brown chicken?

bobbyrae
05-18-12, 08:18 AM
There is not a bug. If you read the instructions, you have to play the game a bit. I just went through the tutorial and got to level 2. When you go back to FS, it prompts you some more, asks you to buy a chicken, buy the chicken, place it on your farm, you'll get your reward of 6 gems, sell the chicken and delete the new game if you don't want it. The 6 gems is totally worth the hassle!

You actually don't have to play the game at all. I downloaded, opened the dragon game, closed it, went to farm, bakery and restaurant finished the rest of the goals in each of those games, got my six gems in each game with whatever other reward there was, deleted dragon and moved on.

ArjanMenon
05-18-12, 08:23 AM
Im playin RS and i got this goal in the morning to buy one table...reward is 6 gems ❤❤❤ thanks TL ❤❤❤ hope there'll be more goals with gems as reward ❤❤❤❤

Vllygirl
05-18-12, 08:57 AM
Installed the game. Played it a bit. Went back to farm and purchased the chicken. Received the 6 gems....thanks for the gems...and the goals disappeared. Was that the extent of the goal process? Just wondering.

[am playing on an iPad1. Did restart game and restart iPad]

pinkster73
05-18-12, 09:19 AM
I thought Apple no longer allowed gem rewards for downloading a new game?

Vllygirl
05-18-12, 09:27 AM
Have no clue. I am assuming this was a way to pay back some lost gems to those of us hard hit by accidental tap on the chrysanthemum & tap to manage. Gems were appreciated....but wish they would listen to players comments more.

kooky panda
05-18-12, 10:40 AM
Installed the game. Played it a bit. Went back to farm and purchased the chicken. Received the 6 gems....thanks for the gems...and the goals disappeared. Was that the extent of the goal process? Just wondering.

[am playing on an iPad1. Did restart game and restart iPad]

This one goal, was an advertising goal. It was just the one chicken to buy .

I thought Apple no longer allowed gem rewards for downloading a new game?

I believe the apple restriction was players getting free gems for just downloading a third party game.

The gems IOS got today was not from downloading the Dragon Story game, it was for completing an goal.

When you downloaded Dragon Story you got the goal not gems.

queentina3
05-18-12, 10:55 AM
Exactly Kooky, it was TLs way of maybe bypassing Apple's restriction. We didn't GET anything for downloading the game, but we DID get the next goal that required us to purchase something small and receive the gems. So Apple can't claim that TL went against any ToS. :p

Very sneaky, and I like it when it happens to someone that isn't ME. :)

sweetstuff525
05-18-12, 11:13 AM
Yes tl thanks for the goal... Can we have a goal of pet hotel story that leads to Anothet goal with gem rewards?Like that more people will be aware of pet hotel

pinkster73
05-18-12, 11:32 AM
Exactly Kooky, it was TLs way of maybe bypassing Apple's restriction. We didn't GET anything for downloading the game, but we DID get the next goal that required us to purchase something small and receive the gems. So Apple can't claim that TL went against any ToS. :p

Very sneaky, and I like it when it happens to someone that isn't ME. :)

Yup, its a workaround. I was just curious.

Chocolit
05-19-12, 08:32 PM
OK, I'm giving the 6 gems a miss since 6 gems = update to v2.0.1 which I'm not going for. LOL

jamalo
05-23-12, 04:13 PM
Just got my goals back and this time it did work with a non updated farm story... Thanks!

dukester4
06-17-12, 06:24 AM
I just downloaded mobster and poker. I have reached the levels needed and the progress bar is still at 0. This is very frustrating because there are only so many days to reach the goal and then you lose. Meanwhile you have installed two other silly games. Very frustrating!! Please fix the problems!!