PDA

View Full Version : TOURING your NEIGHBORS

rionkimchi
05-17-12, 05:25 PM
I decided to start on thread on how touring works. Starting from level 4+ and working backwards...

1) Above level 4 - - your hearts are full and show "4" when you tour. It may not look like it, but you can do extra tours and "store up credits" above level 4.

2) If you hit "4", exactly, and then stop, the next day you will be back in the "high 3s" and you have to tour 30 neighbors and take 5 photos in each zoo (150 total) to get back to 4 hearts. If you keep going and tour another 30 neighbors (x5 each) then you will have enough "credit" above 4 to skip a day.

3) If you allow your rating to drop to 3 hearts, then the next day you'll be in the "high 2s", and you have to tour about 8 zoos. I counted twice and got 7x5+4 one time and 8x5+2 the next time, so I may have mis-counted. But 8 should be about right. If you keep going once you hit level 3, and tour another ~8, you can skip a day and still remain at 3.

4) I haven't counted how many tours it takes to go all the way from barely hitting 3, to a full 4. Several dozen.

5) I don't know how many tours it takes to maintain a 2-heart or a 1-heart rating, but it can't be very many. Basically if you have a neighbor with less than a 2, their hardly doing anything.

6) When you tour someone's zoo, 5 times, you give them 5 XP and 100 gold (1G & 20XP for each "photo"). You get nothing tangible. However, when they tour you, you get the same. So basically, you're maintaining a high social rating hoping folks will notice and tour you back.

7) When you tour neighbors, you get a list in alphabetical order by zoo name. People that have played other TL know this and put spaces in front of their zoo name, and even start it with an "A" so it will sort to the top. You get toured more when you're at the top of the list.

8) Because of points 6 and 7, if you have lots of neighbors it might be a good practice to scroll down, touring the 4 heart zoos first, then go back and hit 3 hearts, etc. This rewards the more unselfish neighbors that are touring a lot.

9) You can also check your news screen ( a relatively new development) or you wall postings, to see who's toured you and tour them back. This is a more direct way to reward people who have awarded
you the 5XP and 100 gold bonuses.

10) When you tour, try to hit the items that collect more frequently. This way your neighbor can benefit sooner and keep his/her zoo from getting "full". Ice cream stands are easy to find, easy to see whether they've been toured or not, and reset within an hour.

Well, that's about it for now. I look forward to more contributions for touring strategies.

Enjoy,
rionkimchi