PDA

View Full Version : VOTE for RAINY

sunstorm01
05-17-12, 12:41 PM
I've started this for not only myself but for everyone who has not received a gem sale in many months. Please support our request for us to receive a gem sale. I've not had one for 6 months or so.

sweetstuff525
05-17-12, 01:10 PM
Gem sales for everyone we need equality...people will buy and be more tempted if they haven't if they get a gem sale

Gem sales= more revenue for teamlava

tiancai17
05-17-12, 01:59 PM
I agree. Gem sale please.

fitzet
05-17-12, 02:01 PM
Totally agree sales = buy more gems! Have 2 devices. I get sales every week on one and the other hasn't had a sale since before Christmas. I only buy gems on the one that gets sales now. I'd buy more if I got more sales!!

Fildaria
05-17-12, 02:39 PM
I agree we need more consistency with GEM sales.
I have a friend in another country who is constantly telling me they have gem sales at 30% and have had them 5-6 times in the last month alone.
I have had only a few sales within the last several months.
If there were more sales ... I would buy more gems and support the game better.

celshark
05-17-12, 02:42 PM
I am all in favor of gem sales. I think it's odd that i get different offers on different devices. But I haven't had an offer in forever in one of my restaurants. More gem sales just makes sense. I'd buy more.

trace35
05-17-12, 03:11 PM
It's ok to say it 'random' but if that means some people aren't getting sales for months then it's not fair. I have never purchased a gem and I get sales all the time! I don't understand why they even make it random? It's just weird.

Branston73
05-17-12, 03:13 PM
I agree! I get gem sales all the time and I feel sorry for those people missing out.

queentina3
05-17-12, 03:44 PM
I just can't believe in the "Random" excuse. I posted in another thread already, but I've NEVER received a Gem Sale for the games on my iPad, even when they were on my Android device. The games that are now on my Android device have had a DAILY Gem Sale for a few months, but I don't play those games as they are just back-up for part gifting.

If it's random, then in the 6+ months I've been playing my games, I would think I would've received ANY Gem Sale by now, but I haven't, but my Android can get one DAILY for 2+ months?

Yeah, I don't believe it's random, or if it is, whatever randomizer they're using is BROKEN.

redsox555
05-17-12, 04:12 PM
I'm not even sure what to say here. I've ranted on the forum before about the way in which teamlava issues updates, gem sales, etc. Rainy mentioned not receiving sales awhile ago. Really teamlava? She, and many others ( myself included), spend a decent amount of $ using your products. Where is the customer service? Please don't tell me this is how you "roll out" your offers. The phrase "rolling out updates" seriously makes me gag, especially since I've come to realize after playing teamavas games that this is AKA for... this is how we do things over here, you'll keep complaining about it, and we'll keep producing other products (dragon and pet hotel story,etc) and we'll never address flaws in all of our current products that have a loyal following because we're too busy pushing out new stuff so that we attract some new unsuspecting chumps who will spend $$ and be disappointed too! Yeah teamlava!

Wow. I hate coming on the forum. Seriously, complaints on here are the same as the ones on here from 3 months ago. Makes me remember: me = chump

mattyboo1
05-17-12, 04:14 PM
I agree everybody should get gem sales

redsox555
05-17-12, 04:14 PM
This is hilarious...

Main Entry: client
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: customer
Synonyms: applicant, believer, buyer, chump , consumer, dependent, disciple, follower, front, habitu?, head, mark, patient, patron, prot?g?, prot?g?e, purchaser, shopper, walk-in, ward
Antonyms: manager, owner

trace35
05-17-12, 04:25 PM
Maybe the more gems u buy the less sales u get? Let's work it ou:gems bought=0. Gem sales=constant!

trace35
05-17-12, 04:26 PM
Edit. , Work it out.

joyinoc
05-17-12, 05:26 PM
Rainy has been waiting and waiting for a sale for so long!!! Give her a Sale PLEASE!!! I know she's purchased lots of gems and has kept at least several TL employees in a Job!!! As for myself, I have purchased a few gems now and again!! I try to wait for a sale but recently I would have purchased them at full price because I wanted the teleport in Restaurant Story! I couldn't access a list of options to even purchase them!! When I have purchased gems, I have to wait for a "pop-up" option, and even if the timing is not to my liking, I think this could be my only chance for months!! Then the thing is "processing" for hours. I can hit the home button(i-phone) and do other things, but you can't access the game you're purchasing gems from until it's finished do its thing!! By then your eggs could be burning!!! lol (that's for rainy). Also, if you went into a store and said "I could buy that item for 30% off at this other store" they will Honor your wishes. And if they don't, I won't shop there anymore! So..... Everyone should have the same sales, at the same time!!!

kimpiscafe
05-17-12, 06:34 PM
Wow..you could NOT have said it any better! Now thay I read yours, I'm completely speachless..except for - I am in total agreement, I have NEVER had a Gem Sale on my iPad either! Please, TL, at least give us the excellent customer service that we deserve as we are the loyal Daily Players, we Deserve your service, NOT new games etc... Please review ALL our grievances & comply with your LOYAL PLAYERS WISHES!!! Thank you

ariesblu
05-17-12, 06:59 PM
It's crazy you haven't had a gem sale for so long. I wish I could give you mine.

imataken
05-17-12, 07:15 PM
I agree that sales shud b for everyone. Either way if ur playing the game ur a customer that's putting more money in the makers pocket. So treat everyone equally. I'm sorry to hear of such a thing, REALLY! Good luck rainy!

lyer1
05-17-12, 09:13 PM
Sweet Rainy is one of my dearest neighbors and a lovely friend, but even if she were not, I would still post against the injustice that is becoming more and more apparent regarding gem sales and the "random" inequality and frequency (or LACK THEREOF) of those sales-
FIRST: Let's define Random- It can mean occurring without pattern, or if defined statistically, it is a process of selection in which each item of a set has EQUAL PROBABLILTY of being chosen....Now, I think we all see that there is a pattern of MANY, MANY players who are all having this same issue with NO gem sales- Remember the saying about the "tip of the iceberg"? The players that care enough to alert TL and fellow players and post on the forum are only a minuscule portion of the population that actually play the Story games, so the input from the players on this forum is a small indication of a problem that is actually much MUCH larger than anyone knows! I'd also go into The Law of Large numbers, but I'm not actually trying to put anyone to sleep (lol!)- But what I'm trying to say is THIS: Team Lava- The canaries in your mineshaft are dropping...pay attention to the early signs of trouble and try and FIX the inequality of the gem sales, if not out of care for your hard-playing and HARD-PAYING customers, than do it for the improvement of YOUR BOTTOM LINE! It doesn't take a rocket scientist like FECS (miss our homie!) to figure out that players spend more money if there's a sale...I JUST CHECKED my 5 different story games FIVE MINUTES AGO, and I have 20% off gem sales on FOUR OUT OF FIVE DEVICES! AND that's NOT unusual!! Sowhether complete absence of gem sales to poor Rainy and the other 2/3 of the iceberg and dying canaries is NOT RANDOM and needs to be addressed- IT IS A PATTERN OF INEQUALITY that, to this point, has been completely brushed under the carpet by TL with comments like,
"It's unfortunate that you have not been offered a sale thus far, but one should be offered to you in time.". REALLY?!? Has 6 months not been long enough?! I fear Poor Rainy is going to be in menopause by the time she finally gets a sale!
Team Lava- If you don't know WHY this is happening to players, then just own up- Players would respect honesty over pithy cut and paste email responses that solve NOTHING and leave NO HOPE for the future of gem sales for these unfortunate players, who in part, are PAYING YOUR SALARIES. Please, If you can fix this problem, not only will you retain your loyal, high-level regular players, but you (TL) will have MUCH MORE REVENUE to continue developing and offering great game content- Stop being short-sighted (or too lazy) to invest in a solution to this widespread issue.
And until the issue is fixed, I think a nice olive branch to offer the affected players would be a small gem credit that equals the amount of gems they COULD HAVE purchased with the extra savings (i.e. On a 20% gem sale a player gets 275 gems for $39.99 which is normally $49.99...If TL can't ISSUE an individual sale, why can't they RANDOMLY issue a gem credit to the player that is consistently paying full price because of the glitch? In my example above, since the player was unable to save the 20% ($9.99), I think it would be GREAT if TL granted the player(s) $9.99 worth of gems (roughly 50 gems when not on sale)...I'm just saying, it would cost TL nothing to do this, and would help the affected players feel like they are being HEARD AND APPRECIATED while a permanent solution to this problem is (HOPEFULLY) pursued.
To my Sweet Rainy, Tidewater, and about 35 of MY OWN NEIGHBORS who are currently affected by this problem, I wish for the best outcome, and hope that TL will stop spraying Pine-Sol on the pile of poo. {;-)

lyer1
05-17-12, 09:22 PM
LOL JOY!!!! I'm still giggling over the eggs comment! :-D

sunstorm01
05-17-12, 10:35 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself.. No really I couldn't. Lol. Thanks everyone for the support.

jerrysusiebabygirl
05-17-12, 10:47 PM
Im sad to see this happen everyone should get a break once in awhile buying Gems at a discount , no one should ever go more then a week or two without a discount TL stuff is over priced anyway, This is for all my friends and neighbors who dont get a Gem sale I support all the way.

joyinoc
05-18-12, 12:16 AM
Way to go lyer1!!! I'm glad I could make you giggle!! But most of all I hope this helps Rainy gets her GEM sale before she's old! I have a million egg jokes in my head, but not sure if it's appropiate to post!!! lol I had a GEM pit fall today! WHAT you say? Yes in Pet Holel Story, ZIP! Just like that and 63 GEMS were gone!!! Yes I'm going to email TL about it. Thankfully, the gems on this game, so far are less expensive to purchase than in RS and BS!! GIVE RAINY and all some really GREAT GEM sales!!! I'm thinking strongly about a summer away from Stories!

redsox555
05-18-12, 01:14 AM
Just curious if everyone received goals this evening regarding dragon story? Because I did, on every single one of the games I play. Teamlava seems to quickly execute an update when it benefits them (advertising their new game). Didnt dragon story just come out last week? I don't think I've ever seen them work that fast before. Impressive.

Maybe now that they've developed, released, and promoted their new games, they'll start repairing the flawed system used in their old games?

ariesblu
05-18-12, 01:22 AM
Maybe now that they've developed, released, and promoted their new games, they'll start repairing the flawed system used in their old games?
Seems to be backwards thinking if that is the thought process.

sunstorm01
05-18-12, 02:22 AM
Yep.. It's backwards. But hey if they're going to iron out the wrinkles.. No better time to do it than NOW!! Please give us a gem sale!!

redsox555
05-18-12, 03:46 AM
Seems to be backwards thinking if that is the thought process. I don't think they have a process. Lol.

I hope they work to fix this for Rainy and many others.

sunstorm01
05-18-12, 11:29 AM
Well like I predicted- no response from any team member. Not even the usual- did you reinstall your game, cause that fixes everything! Or turn it off, twist the iPad upside down hit the home button three times, and do a lil dance- then reinstall your game! Maaaan didn't even get a random response. I would like one of the TL staff that apparently are part of this forum to show up, to answer questions. Give us a more reasonable response, other than " it's random". We are not idiots! We know it's not random, 7 months without a sale is NOT RANDOM!! Do the CEO's, the founders, the people who built this company know that the company is missing out on a large amount of profit because of this issue? Are they aware that the average " disgruntled" customer is growing at a rapid pace because of silly issues like this that COULD easily be fixed, but are not. AND seriously, are TL saying that within this company, that is built of top notch people at the top of their field, that they cannot fix this issue? You can say its not an issue, but you and I both know 7 months without a gem sale is not only absurd, not correlating with the main percentage of other users, but it IS an ISSUE! And just how long is it going to be before you take the sales away from everyone else? Cause I'm presuming that's going to be the next step.. Then unfortunately for you. No one will by any gems. Is it now that your company has profit comming in from adverts that you no longer need the gem purchases? A business is a business, usually there for profit. Don't tarnish your companies name by neglecting its customers. A good product WILL sell, a good re****tion brings a company into a whole different ball game.

sunstorm01
05-18-12, 11:33 AM
Why does R E P U T A T I O N need to be starred out like its a swear word. Lol. Now that just put the cherry on top of the cake- not surprised that's listed as a " bad" word. Lol

queentina3
05-18-12, 11:50 AM
Why does R E P U T A T I O N need to be starred out like its a swear word. Lol. Now that just put the cherry on top of the cake- not surprised that's listed as a " bad" word. Lol

Sent you a PM as to why it's blocked. :p

td2828
05-18-12, 11:55 AM
I get gem sales 5 to 6 days a week. In both bakery & restaurant for 20%. That isn't random, that is a pattern, just like Rainy not getting a gem sale. I have some other nbrs not getting gem sales. It isn't a location thing, because one of the people lives four hours from me. If it is a glitch, fix it! We are talking about a sale. Nothing major here, but to say it is random is a LIE! Big word, yes, but come on people band together.. Close to a year ago I lost 12 easy ovens, I got the run around by team lava, and let it go. I got the copy paste form letters, then the final the engineers will look into it and will get back to you. Which means you will NEVER HEAR anything again. It makes me sad to see this happen to others, I washed my hands let it go. This however needs to be a trending topic.. No gem sales....

SonicsBakery
05-18-12, 12:10 PM
I've started this for not only myself but for everyone who has not received a gem sale in many months. Please support our request for us to receive a gem sale. I've not had one for 6 months or so.
I agree! More gem sales please!

sunstorm01
05-18-12, 05:57 PM
almost half of my neighbors have a gem sale today. what about most of the other half... oh theyll be 2moro. and the other 2 per cent still after so many monthswithout a sale will be....(finish this sentance tl)

24lizliz24
05-18-12, 09:00 PM
We do need equal gem sales! I hadn?t had them for months, and occasionally one would pop up, but it would only be 20%. One popped up today for me, but it still was only 20%

pinkster73
05-18-12, 09:18 PM
It certainly sounds to me like there's a glitch somewhere.

chase2007
05-18-12, 10:16 PM
Come on team lava! Make the games fair for everyone and fix the glitch! Everyone should get the same gem sales!

greateats
05-18-12, 10:36 PM
Love the game :) but, lets be fair on gems sells here!

sunstorm01
05-19-12, 11:45 AM
hellooooooo... perplexed again. honestly dont the staff care. this is exactly my point. they would have read this. just blissfully continuing on to the next thread. for shame.

can someone explain to me why my account is " not eligable" for sales at the moment? i would appreciate an explaination as to how they can say the sales are random, yet im not eligable for a sale? this obviously means theres a problem somewhere. id be more understanding if they would just say theres a problem and theyre trying to fix it, rather than fobbing me off when ive spent thousands of dollars already on my account. do we really mean that much to them?

maybe theres no explaination. maybe no staff have showed up here to offer an explaination other than its random, becasue they dont know. maybe they are unable to fix it. whatever the case.. i hope support are aware that this kind of treatment to customers, (not to just myself- because this forum is full to overflowing about supports lack of anything helpful.) is not the way great companies treat there customers, and in fact companies who make it past a few years, do so because they pump money into there support team, not just advancement on there product/s. if storm 8 never realises that its about us, and not them, theyre never going to be a "great" company, and in a few years honeslty they will just be that company who had that game where you cook food, or raise pets, or stock clothes. and that will be unfortunate, because they have the potential to be better than that. oh storm 8 by the way- your stance now on your customer service satisfaction or lack there of, is not going to wash down well with this next generation. so if you want to be around for a while.. you know what needs to be done. this isnt just about no gem sales- this is for every complaint ever ignored by a customer. if you havnt got enough staff- hire more. we all understand this company jumped into the world quicker than you couldve ever imagined and we allow time for that, but dont put all your time, effort and money into new games, that by the way dont reach past 40, when you havnt fixed the problems in the first lot of games. you know what storm8 needs -a life coach, because at the moment you look like a teenager that not sure what direction its going in. you dabble in this game, dont finish it, get bored, go dabble in another game.. you get the drift. im saying this because since i started playing this game ive done nothing but stick up for you guys, and look what i get in return? you guys havnt even addressed my problem, its been to support, back and forth emails for a while now. and quite honestly im not even sure i believe that it was ever sent to engineering ( i love how they say that.. considering "engineering" is todd on the desk across from theirs). there has been no solid answer about myself and many others missing out on the random gem sales now for months and months. ive not brought gems because i DONT GET GEM SALES. people will not buy gems IF THEY DONT GET GEM SALES. well some might but a large percentage wont. and thats money storm 8 is missing out on, omg they could use some of that profit to tangent off for a few months and create a new game to keep their adhd distracted.
alot of people say i should give up, that im not going to get anywhere anyway. well no one got anywhere by giving up. i didnt get to where i am in life by giving up. i will keep emailing support, and im never going to give up. have a lovely day.

AnnasCoffee
05-19-12, 11:56 AM
( i love how they say that.. considering "engineering" is todd on the desk across from theirs).

I think the engineer's name is "Lucy".

sweetpihu
05-19-12, 12:07 PM
This is ridiculous. I don't buy gems at all but still I get this 20% sale pop-up almost everyday. And those who buy gems ,say e.g. Rainy , they don't get sales for months. It seems TL has made enough profits that now they are just least bothered whether they make profit or not.

Hello.. TL are you listening ( to be more specific, are you reading our complaints)? All are sensing INJUSTICE here. Just give the gem sales ( more than 20% off) to everyone.

dalula
05-19-12, 12:09 PM
I definitely agree. If i had a 40% off on my iPod, I would definitely buy gems. Please, we all need a 40% off sale! I have not had a sale on my iPod (main game) in 6 months!! I have a sale on my iPad every day, and I don't buy gems on my other games!

meowmee33
05-19-12, 07:53 PM
Gem sales for Rainy! Gem sales for Rainy! Gem sales for Rainy! Gem Sales for Rainy! Gem sales for Rainy! Gem sales for Rainy! Gem sales for Rainy! Gem Sales for Rainy!
i mean TL, c'mon, how difficult can it be? here you have a customer who's dying to give you guys some sales for months!!!

td2828
05-20-12, 08:54 AM
Excuse me! Team Lava said aren't eligible for gem sales? Really???

mattyboo1
05-20-12, 09:08 AM
Why are some people not eligible for gem sales

lyer1
05-20-12, 09:14 AM
Why are some people not eligible for gem sales

Perhaps Rainy spent TOO MUCH money, and TL is starting to feel guilty and cut her off! LOL! OR, they finished wallpapering their offices with money and paving their parking lot with gold so they don't NEED anymore money! ;-)

td2828
05-20-12, 10:44 AM
I guess there is a limit on sales!! Rainy must have used her max amount of sales! Like going to the store being told, sorry lady, you already used your limit of coupons! Gotta pay full price from now on! I really don't care how loyal of a customer you are.

sunstorm01
05-20-12, 10:57 AM
I don't why I'm not eligible. Just that " at the moment" I'm not eligible. Which means everyone else who's in the same boat is not eligible too. Seems a bit suss to me. Yes SUSPECT!! That's directed at YOU STORM8!! Oh I read the other day they can turn on and off goals at will.. What and that little sale flags too hard to maneuver? OMG you guys didnt even make half an effort like one of my other accounts where you " pretend to have a sale" lol - the little sale flag pops up and the gems are still full price- or there's a blank screen. Oh well no sale today- so I guess TL won't be eligible again for my money.... THAT'S RIGHT TL! Still no attempt from any team lava staff to post. IF YOU HAVNT GOT THE TIME - don't put your hand up to be part of the forum- plus quiet honestly no one thinks your helpful. If you don't believe me post a poll! Anyhow TL we will see if 2 Moro you are eligible for my money. By the way- any upper management reading this ( they should if they gave a .... Two hoots about their company) forward this info onto someone higher!!! I've asked to correspond with the person above the current support agent ( even though it's Lucy across the way) and still no response. I encourage... No no I DARE someone high up in the company to take some time- read through the forum and hear what your clientele are saying. If you don't.. In a few years when the company is dwindling because you didn't listen- ill be the first one at your door saying..I TOLD YOU SO. Well I'll prob just ring. But the never the less... You'll be getting told.. That I said so. ( by the way- all of what I'm saying is in no way to be malicious - I'm just trying to help.. Oh and get my gem sales back!)

sunstorm01
05-20-12, 10:59 AM
Well give me my coupons back!!

theredchilly
05-21-12, 04:04 AM
I hae not seen a gem sale in 7 months! Forget 40%, I have not even seen a 4% sale. If I were team lava, I would take the name of all the "random" players, not getting "random" sale and give them about 599 gems free for all the "random" stress and "random" injustice cause. Soon the word random will be banned! Is!

theredchilly
05-21-12, 04:11 AM
Lets find out who the CEO of the company is, somehow, in my experience writing to the CEO always helps! Mission "rainy" CEO!

ButterPanda
05-21-12, 10:45 AM
I don't why I'm not eligible. Just that " at the moment" I'm not eligible. Which means everyone else who's in the same boat is not eligible too. Seems a bit suss to me. Yes SUSPECT!! That's directed at YOU STORM8!! Oh I read the other day they can turn on and off goals at will.. What and that little sale flags too hard to maneuver? OMG you guys didnt even make half an effort like one of my other accounts where you " pretend to have a sale" lol - the little sale flag pops up and the gems are still full price- or there's a blank screen. Oh well no sale today- so I guess TL won't be eligible again for my money.... THAT'S RIGHT TL! Still no attempt from any team lava staff to post. IF YOU HAVNT GOT THE TIME - don't put your hand up to be part of the forum- plus quiet honestly no one thinks your helpful. If you don't believe me post a poll! Anyhow TL we will see if 2 Moro you are eligible for my money. By the way- any upper management reading this ( they should if they gave a .... Two hoots about their company) forward this info onto someone higher!!! I've asked to correspond with the person above the current support agent ( even though it's Lucy across the way) and still no response. I encourage... No no I DARE someone high up in the company to take some time- read through the forum and hear what your clientele are saying. If you don't.. In a few years when the company is dwindling because you didn't listen- ill be the first one at your door saying..I TOLD YOU SO. Well I'll prob just ring. But the never the less... You'll be getting told.. That I said so. ( by the way- all of what I'm saying is in no way to be malicious - I'm just trying to help.. Oh and get my gem sales back!)

Each player has a chance to receive sales. It is at random. If you do not receive the sales it is not because you are not eligible, it is because you just did not receive it at random.

queentina3
05-21-12, 11:17 AM
Each player has a chance to receive sales. It is at random. If you do not receive the sales it is not because you are not eligible, it is because you just did not receive it at random.

Please read this post, http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28744-VOTE-for-RAINY&p=309653&viewfull=1#post309653, and then give me your personal take or even TLs official take, as your randomizer is broken BP. Otherwise what you've just stated makes no sense whatsoever.

How can my Android games, which I don't actively play, be picked randomly on a daily basis for gem sales but my iPad 2 games that I play daily not ever get picked for one? That isn't random BP, at least not the accurate description of random in any dictionary I've seen.

mattyboo1
05-21-12, 12:02 PM
They should at least get a one off 40 percent manual sale

sunstorm01
05-21-12, 06:10 PM
I can ASURE you BP with 100 per cent that my account at the moment is NOT ELIGABLE! If you'd like further proof of this just ask and I'd be more than happy to forward you by PM the proof.

sunstorm01
05-21-12, 06:18 PM
Glad to see you popped your opinion in though. So.. My question is to you - don't you think it a little strange that not only myself, but others have not recieved these " random" sales for 6 months? We all have other devices, we are aware of the " randomness" that the gem sales occur. And this doesn't set alarm bells off to anyone at storm8 that there maybe something wrong? Saying oh well they're random you'll get one when you get one, youve waited 6 months so just wait some more, doesn't really wash down that well for people like me who've spent ALOT of money and wish to continue spending the same.

sweetstuff525
05-21-12, 06:25 PM
Are those people that haven't had gem sales in long time... Transferred their games to another device? Which could be transfer games= no more sales

sunstorm01
05-21-12, 07:37 PM
I'm certainly in that category. Like I said to them - if that's the case then warn people. If I had a warning I would not recieve any more sales due to transferring my game- id still be playing on my iPhone, blissfully unaware there was a problem. Curse keeping up with technology!! It doesn't make a lik of difference transferring back either- tried that. It's definitely linked to our accounts.

nmishii
05-21-12, 07:46 PM
I transferred my account in March to a phone of the same make and model. I got gem sales all the time before I transferred and I get gem sales all the time now. I do not buy gems and would give my gem sales to sunstorm and all those who don't get gem sales if I could.

sunstorm01
05-21-12, 07:54 PM
Wahhhhh!!! * holds out hands*. Thank you, that's very kind. It's all a bit upside down if you ask me. That system needs a good talking to! If the " system" is randomly handing out gem sales, it's obviously got issues with me. SYSTEM! If you're listening- out the back, you and me, right now-

theredchilly
05-22-12, 03:43 AM
I have never transferred my device, I used to receive gem sales till maybe last November and then it stopped . How random is random? How is it that somme of them receive one each week? Why doesnt randomness apply to them? And if one has not receivesd a single sale, in 7 months kp, why do you still say its random? Is it because we buy gems at full price anyways? Is this not illegal - price discrimination?

Are those people that haven't had gem sales in long time... Transferred their games to another device? Which could be transfer games= no more sales

theredchilly
05-22-12, 03:49 AM

Can you give us some statistics on this BP? How many "random players" get this "random" sale each week? How many players are there? If a player plays these games every week, in how many weeks, is he/she likely to get this sale? How do you pick who gets the sale? If someone gets a sale every week, in how many weeks will the person stop getting this sale?

queentina3
05-22-12, 03:57 AM

I've never had a gem sale for the games on my iPad2, even before when they were on my Android they'd never received a gem sale. The games that I started on my Android when I transferred the originals to the iPad have had gems sales daily since the middle of February, but my original games never had them on the Android or the iPad 2, and those are the games I play. *sigh*

I give up on this and all the other issues I've brought up to TL lately. I just get the same old tired responses back of either:
1.) It's random
2.) It's by design
3.) We've forwarded your suggestion/problem to the Devs/Team/Engineering

Nothing gets fixed properly, things that weren't broken get broken and rarely fixed, and requests/suggestions end up in the black hole of "never heard from again".

I'm not bothering anymore. Someone else can continue the fight, I'm out of steam and patience.

arch1
05-22-12, 09:51 AM
Can you give us some statistics on this BP? How many "random players" get this "random" sale each week? How many players are there? If a player plays these games every week, in how many weeks, is he/she likely to get this sale? How do you pick who gets the sale? If someone gets a sale every week, in how many weeks will the person stop getting this sale?

I agree with theredchilly, if it random why we not get sale even for once a week since last december? This is really confusing.

sunstorm01
05-22-12, 10:04 AM
Theredchilly- I had thought about emailing Mr Tam, and may actually do so. I'm corresponding at the moment with the " manager" of customer support. I'm just curious if anyone else who has refused to accept their answers and requested someone higher has delt with this " manager of user relations"? And if so did their issue get resolved?

sunstorm01
05-22-12, 11:05 AM

Hey BP- ok so you're going to stick with random, fine, whatever floats your boat. We all know between all our games we recieve these random sales usually on different days for different games- like Monday you were lucky to recieve a random sale for bakery, but not lucky in restaurant. So Tuesday comes along and whoo hoo, lucky enough to get a randome sale in your restaurant. Then fri, luckily enough to recieve a sale in fashion. Right. So that's how it goes. My account has not been lucky enough to recieve a Random sale in 7 MONTHS-

In restaurant
In bakery
In fashion
In pet story
In city story
In empire story
In nightclub story
In farm story
In pet hotel
In dragon story
In zoo story
In treasure story

In 7 MONTHS!!! And you and storm8 couldn't come up with a better cover story? Do you think us chumps actually believe that? Like I said- if you're in the office where the " system" resides, go kick it for me, ( yes like when a soda gets stuck in the machine, because of a system error, ) Maybe the can will get unstuck and then flow freely, and pop out a gem sale for me. And for you guys to sit there and say " oh it's the system, there's nothing we can do, it can't be fixed". Do you think we are all 16 and have no clue how things work? You're not the only company that's ever released a few games you know- those other companies are made up of PEOPLE who have access to your games. and through this whole process I've actually met a few. Oh I tell you- you wouldn't like to hear what they have to say. So cut the random balony and give us enough credit to address the problem.

td2828
05-22-12, 01:48 PM
Let's back up a minute, Rainy!!! I was losing money in Bakery story for months, because of a glitch.. A glitch that everyone knows about. Peek - a - boo! We see you! It is a glitch, not random. Email the CEOs. When u have a sale 5 to 6 days a week that isn't random, and then somebody doesn't have anything for SEVEN months that isn't RANDOM!

sunstorm01
05-22-12, 04:39 PM
Oh I knnnoow Hun- it'd be nice if they just spat it out and claimed the problem. How they even think to insult our intelligence with the random explaination is baffling. I need a sale!! Yet still somehow my account has missed the random selection again. Geez.

GroupMagma
05-22-12, 05:31 PM
To clarify: sales are allocated randomly, but not necessarily to all users at the same time [though that selection is also random]. I'm not aware of what the percentages are of which users have access to sales, but there are no other factors that play into sale eligibility other than random chance.

Unfortunately, I couldn't say when your account would be eligible for a sale, as it is handled by our system. I realize you'd like to have access to sales, or for every user to always have access to sales - and I'd be happy to relay this to our production team. However, at this time, that is how the game currently operates.

mattyboo1
05-22-12, 05:36 PM
To clarify: sales are allocated randomly, but not necessarily to all users at the same time [though that selection is also random]. I'm not aware of what the percentages are of which users have access to sales, but there are no other factors that play into sale eligibility other than random chance.

Unfortunately, I couldn't say when your account would be eligible for a sale, as it is handled by our system. I realize you'd like to have access to sales, or for every user to always have access to sales - and I'd be happy to relay this to our production team. However, at this time, that is how the game currently operates.

Gm you mean it's totally random to decide if you even are eligible for sales that answer everybody wants is why WHY is it random

pinkster73
05-22-12, 05:53 PM
Gm you mean it's totally random to decide if you even are eligible for sales that answer everybody wants is why WHY is it random

No mattyboo, what rainy is saying is there has to be a glitch somewhere. It's past the point of not getting the random sales now. She is somehow being excluded.

theredchilly
05-22-12, 07:37 PM
So who decided if my account is "eligible" or sale? And what do u base it on I would like for u to let me know what I should or should not do so i can be like the rest of the players, in your random list, receiving random sales.

theredchilly
05-22-12, 07:40 PM
Mattyboo it is random, because random is so in. It is totally cool to be random, and mind you, randomness is not for everyone, you may not be "eligible" to be random.

lyer1
05-22-12, 08:12 PM

Ok GM...so THIS is the system, in all it's flawed glory, and you have A LOT of disgruntled customers who see all their friends, family and neighbors who play this game around them (and are ELIGIBLE for sales) getting VERY REGULAR (yet random?!) sales at least 3 times per week...AND these customers are requesting nothing more than what those around them are ELIGIBLE to enjoy on a regul...uh, RANDOM basis! However, customer service is customer service, and if you can't find a reasonable solution to the problem, then you should find a way to MAKE IT RIGHT to your loyal, gem-buying players- We're not the green marble table players here-we are ORNATE TABLE players, and I don't think it's too much to ask that players that PAY TO PLAY get a better customer service experience! Rainy is such a loyal, long-time high-rolling Story player that it is shameful that she (and many others) keeps getting the runaround...
But I digress- Back to customer service and making the customer happy when it is RIGHT and REASONABLE to do so...If TL is unable or unwilling to fix the issue, then perhaps a compensation of gem credit equal to what the player missed by not being offered a sale (see my post earlier in the thread to see my math) would be a nice compromise. TL could randomly select from the pool of effected players who made a recent full price purchase from TL and drop a gem credit equal to the extra gems they would have gotten if they spent the same amount on a 20% gem sale. Granted, it's not fixing the problem, but at least you're kissing the boo-boo and making it feel a little better! ;-)

nmishii
05-22-12, 08:51 PM

I understand that the gem sales are intended to be distributed randomly. But this isn't the first thread I've seen where people have said they haven't gotten any gem sales in a long time, I believe they said since last year. In Rainy's case, she hasn't gotten a gem sale for 7 months on 12 games. The odds of that happening is very slim.

Its entirely possible that there is a problem with the code or data that determines whether a person will or will not get a gem sale, and its not working like your developers intended. Maybe some other change that was made 7 months or so ago inadvertently affected the code that determines gem sales eligibility. Would it be possible for your developers to run some tests to confirm that the code is working as it should, or if there is something wrong with it? A good test case would be to use Rainy's data and see how often her account comes up as being able to get a gem sale.

pinkster73
05-22-12, 09:13 PM
I understand that the gem sales are intended to be distributed randomly. But this isn't the first thread I've seen where people have said they haven't gotten any gem sales in a long time, I believe they said since last year. In Rainy's case, she hasn't gotten a gem sale for 7 months on 12 games. The odds of that happening is very slim.

Its entirely possible that there is a problem with the code or data that determines whether a person will or will not get a gem sale, and its not working like your developers intended. Maybe some other change that was made 7 months or so ago inadvertently affected the code that determines gem sales eligibility. Would it be possible for your developers to run some tests to confirm that the code is working as it should, or if there is something wrong with it? A good test case would be to use Rainy's data and see how often her account comes up as being able to get a gem sale.

This sounds like the right thing to do.

queentina3
05-23-12, 10:58 AM
sunstorm01, I don't know about you but I feel oohhh so special now. We are on a "special list" made by a computer that specifically marks us to NOT be on the random gem sale list. How cool are we eh? :rolleyes:

No wonder my Android games get gem sales, they are never used so the computer that CHOOSES who gets randomly selected for gem sales hasn't yet been recalibrated to NOT chose that ID. Wow.

Android games are never used, gets daily gem sales.
iPad games are played daily and has NEVER received gem sales.

Yes, the system isn't broken, I'm just being discriminated against by a computer, randomly. Wow.

So instead of "fixing" the computer, we just blame it now. The poor thing. I don't think we should kick it Rainy, it isn't its fault a PERSON hasn't programmed it correctly. It's doing its job the way it was TOLD to do it. We are just special. Ahhhh

:mad:

bobbyrae
05-23-12, 11:09 AM
Would it be possible for your developers to run some tests to confirm that the code is working as it should, or if there is something wrong with it? A good test case would be to use Rainy's data and see how often her account comes up as being able to get a gem sale.

Except that it wouldn't be the developers. It would be the "production team".

mandacakes
05-23-12, 11:58 AM
ok.. got to throw in my two cents... First, gem sales are clearly NOT random or the lovely Rainy would have had several sales over the last months in ALL of the story games.

My big question though is WHY presume "random", if true, is acceptable? All sales, at the same discount percentage should be offered to all customers. Or, perhaps higher percentage sales to better customers MORE OFTEN, not less. In my house, between kids and different devices, mostly for parts collection, we have five restaurants and five bakeries. They ALL get sales almost every week. (sorry Rainy)... :)

Between this and the gem traps, (honestly who would wittingly spend 60 gems to finish a few extra lemon muffins?!), I've almost had enough... It's neighbours like Rainy that make it worthwhile!

kippy66
05-23-12, 03:43 PM
rainy needs a gem sale NOW she has been saying for months that she doesnt get any. WHY NOT. she is waiting to buy gems and i would assume that is what teamlava wants-MONEY. Give Rainy a sale now.

sunstorm01
05-24-12, 11:22 AM
Yeah well thanks storm8 again for no gem sale- another week I miss out on the updates- really appreciate that. Any staff feel like they want to contribute something a bit more constructive than " random". Has anyone actually looked into the issue? This honestly is getting rediculous.

candyglam
05-27-12, 10:22 PM
I've also been annoyed with this issue for months now. I have gem sales every week, yet my husband who plays 4 Story games hasn't had one in 7 months in any of the games. This IS NOT random!

geniusloci
05-27-12, 10:25 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but if TL gives gem sales to everyone won't they generate more income? Seems to me like loads of people actually want to buy gems but probably won't unless they are on sale. Sound business strategy would tell you that you should make the sale available to those who actually want to buy....my 2 cents worth.

theredchilly
05-28-12, 08:00 AM
So, I was playing on my droid b4, of course no sale for 7 months. I bought an iPad downloaded bs and rs on it, what I see omg omg omg....a gem sale in rs....but wait! I was in the process of transferring my rs and bs to iPad. So as soon as I did that, and put my Id on my iPad.....the gem sale disappeared all this in 1 hour. Nowwwwww can you explain random to me team lava? Why would a gem sale not be there ?

candyglam
05-28-12, 01:20 PM
So, I was playing on my droid b4, of course no sale for 7 months. I bought an iPad downloaded bs and rs on it, what I see omg omg omg....a gem sale in rs....but wait! I was in the process of transferring my rs and bs to iPad. So as soon as I did that, and put my Id on my iPad.....the gem sale disappeared all this in 1 hour. Nowwwwww can you explain random to me team lava? Why would a gem sale not be there ?

I'm wondering if there is something to that. Does switching platforms somehow make your ID get "lost" in the system? My husband played on an Android for awhile...didn't have many gem sales, but did have a few now and then, like once every couple months (still way less than me). The last one he had was in November. Then he went until February with no gem sales and then switched to an iPad, which is what I play on as well. He still hasn't had a sale since then. So no sale in 6 months. I thought it would improve after switching to the iPad because I thought maybe Android was the problem, but apparently not. What's the deal?

candyglam
05-28-12, 01:35 PM
I also agree with geniusloci. We both used to buy gems often when there were sales. Now I only buy them occassionally and my husband has bought them once in the 6 months of having no sales (and that was the cheapest package just to have some to purchase a couple things). It was just a better experience when we both had sales and bought gems at the same time.

I feel the same way about limited time offers. Why give these to select people? I hate everytime I see the lotus fountain in BS in people's shops because I love it and always buy the fountains, but wasn't given the limited time offer. I know it must have cost at least 35 gems and would've been an automatic buy for me, so that doesn't seem very smart. TL missed out on a loyal customer spending their (expensive) currency just because they want to "randomize" the offers. Not good business planning.

theredchilly
05-29-12, 06:23 PM
I guess team lava is not really listening and they don't really care. This is the only place where customers don't really matter. But don't u worry, someday when they have competitors they will wake up, it may just be a tad too late.

sunstorm01
05-30-12, 07:59 PM
It's because the " random gem less sales" are now linked to your account. Switch your account that's been saleless for so long to a million different devices won't make a lick of difference- your "account" is now tagged as " not ELIGABLE at the moment" .

sunstorm01
05-30-12, 08:03 PM
I was trying to make this point in another thread about how they wouldn't care if we all protested and never brought gems/gold again. I presume they make money through advertising, and that's where their main profit is made- I wish they would just give us a sale. Pleeeease TL give us a sale. It's so unfair!

theredchilly
06-05-12, 04:06 AM
I just realized I make enough money I can buy those gems at full price, but I won't any more. I will spend all my money drinking starbucks or buying Burberry! Atleast they appreciate my business! And if any one wants my priced possession of collectibles that i bought using full price of gems ( while my neighbors bought it at 40% sale) I will be glad to give them to you, if I could. So team lava, please play along and don't tempt me no more my sending me your limited time useless decorations I don't need them any more. Thank you.

sunstorm01
06-17-12, 01:06 AM
Everyone in this thread have been wonderful in supporting my cause for a sale! I can't believe I finally have one! Yay!! Thankyou all so very very very very much. Xxx

arch1
06-18-12, 09:35 AM
Still no gem sale for me :(

sunstorm01
07-05-12, 05:59 PM
For the love of god give arch1 and everyone else still without sales- a gem sale.