PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story: Farming

viviansmo
05-16-12, 02:28 PM
I feel like I just wasted money buying the big farm. Why is it that the more expensive food items take longer and offer less food per coin? And it doesn't seem like crops wither, which is nice.

Is anyone else annoyed by the poor value for the more expensive crops?
I suppose it's good for overnight farming, but you get more food in less time planting the 30 second crop.

So what is everyone's strategy for food?

Mine, I grumble under my breath and go for the Fireapples, two hour crop, 1200 coins, yields 200 apples. Not as good a deal as the Impuberries, but not having to click every half-minute either.

kooky panda
05-16-12, 02:32 PM
I do 2 hour crop though out the day. I get 6 xps when I collect so that is something.
I will do the 5 hour if I get really busy.
Overnight I run the 8 hour.

apec714
05-16-12, 02:35 PM
I feel like I just wasted money buying the big farm. Why is it that the more expensive food items take longer and offer less food per coin? And it doesn't seem like crops wither, which is nice.

Is anyone else annoyed by the poor value for the more expensive crops?
I suppose it's good for overnight farming, but you get more food in less time planting the 30 second crop.

So what is everyone's strategy for food?

Mine, I grumble under my breath and go for the Fireapples, two hour crop, 1200 coins, yields 200 apples. Not as good a deal as the Impuberries, but not having to click every half-minute either.

It is slow starting off but trust you will need those farms large so you can pump food out to lvl dragons I'm stuck in a rhythm now where I consistently have 10k food to feed new dragons and dragons that have finished evolving. It takes 2500 food to get from lvl 9-10 here's a ss of my info

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg515/dragonstoryapec/64f794c1.jpg

maguar
05-16-12, 02:55 PM
Even though it's more expansive and not as productive, you will still end up with more food planting the 8 hours overnight. Unless of course you dont sleep ;)

greygull
05-16-12, 05:11 PM
When I can make a farm big, I run the 20 hour crop (which I've forgotten the name lol), because most of the time I'm waiting for an egg to hatch or evolving to complete. After the first evolution, I can't jump straight to the next evolution, but I don't mind waiting. I try and keep dragons around the same levels, so right now all of mine are either level 6 waiting to evolve, or level 9, waiting for food or to evolve. Small farms I run the 2 hour crop, otherwise I'd just stay in the game all day with the 30 second one ;)

viviansmo
05-16-12, 06:28 PM
Yeah, Ive been farming the two hr ones on all my farms today, because I'm home. Overnight, my small farms will continue the two hr, but if I have enough coins, I'll go for the 8 hr on the large farm.

Do dragons do anything special when they get to lvl 10? I have one at lvl 9 I've been feeding when I can.

catgirl477
05-16-12, 11:16 PM
Huh, for some reason I only have 30 sec,3min, and 2hr crops, are the rest on the large farm? Cuz I was trying to decide to buy one or not cuz I thought they were the same...

maguar
05-17-12, 01:37 AM
Huh, for some reason I only have 30 sec,3min, and 2hr crops, are the rest on the large farm? Cuz I was trying to decide to buy one or not cuz I thought they were the same...

You get 5, 8 and 20 hour groups with the large farm

SlightlyJaded
05-17-12, 08:54 AM
I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but it now takes me 5000k food to level from nine to ten.

acciochocolate
05-18-12, 09:25 AM
Can you ever wait too long and the food isn't good anymore?

kooky panda
05-18-12, 10:42 AM
So far I have not seen a post where the food goes bad. Most posts have stated that even leaving the food over double the time it took to grow, their food was still good.

viviansmo
05-18-12, 10:58 AM
I grew the two hour (now 1 hour) crop on my small farms before I left for work yesterday. By the time I was able to check my farm, 10+ hours later, the food was still "ready" and good. so at five times the growing time, it was still fine. I think it's fairly safe to say (*knocking on wood*) that food doesn't spoil.

queentina3
05-18-12, 11:03 AM
I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and TL "fixing" that so it does spoil. They changed how much we get and how much it costs, next will be it now spoils. :(

sweetstuff525
05-18-12, 11:08 AM
I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and TL "fixing" that so it does spoil. They changed how much we get and how much it costs, next will be it now spoils. :(

Dont give them any ideas

ButterPanda
05-18-12, 04:40 PM

this was designed not to spoil. I highly doubt they will change it.

greygull
05-18-12, 04:41 PM

Yay! If it's ever brought up - shoot it down as quickly as possible please!!! ;)

sweetstuff525
05-18-12, 04:41 PM

Good to hear

queentina3
05-18-12, 07:47 PM

Thanks for letting us know, we weren't really sure if it was intentional or not. Like GG said, if they try to change it, please use your powers of persuasion to change them from that thought process. Hehehe

sparks229
05-18-12, 11:14 PM

If they change their mind, offer them some butter! :p
Jk. I think you gave it all to PR :p

music908
05-21-12, 04:39 PM
I have 3 small farms and they had 3 min., 30 min., and 2 hr. Now, the 2 hr. is replaced with a 1 hr. crop. Is this a bug?

kooky panda
05-21-12, 05:07 PM
I have 3 small farms and they had 3 min., 30 min., and 2 hr. Now, the 2 hr. is replaced with a 1 hr. crop. Is this a bug?

TL did change some of the farming times.

queentina3
05-22-12, 05:37 AM
Does anyone know the new XP amounts since the food changed qty/pricing? I know Impuberries is 1 and Buffbeets is 4, but the others I've forgotten to log when I've made them and the information in the Lists thread is not up-to-date.

kooky panda
05-22-12, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know the new XP amounts since the food changed qty/pricing? I know Impuberries is 1 and Buffbeets is 4, but the others I've forgotten to log when I've made them and the information in the Lists thread is not up-to-date.

The Fireapples are 16 xp

pctrkts
05-26-12, 11:05 AM
I find the poor value for large crops disappointing. Why would I want to spend $5500 coin on eliteleeks and wait 8 hours for 650 food when I can get 600 fireapples for $3900 coin and get it in an hour. Savings of $1600 coin and 7 hours of time to plant my 6 farms with 1 hour fireapples!

habibass
10-27-12, 11:56 AM
When will i be able to have 7 or 8 farms? Will i be able to have 2 breeding dens?

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-27-12, 12:13 PM
When will i be able to have 7 or 8 farms? Will i be able to have 2 breeding dens?

Never and no.

Maximum number of farms is 6.
Maximum breeding dens is 1.

Hopefully..... this may change in the future!

kwhales
10-27-12, 12:42 PM

no the food never spoils.

kwhales
10-27-12, 12:45 PM
The enchanted farm food is way to expensive. I bought one by accident (lagging game and quick fingers). If you have 800k trees to ****, buying food for 75k is out of reach. I stick to the 3 minute food and 5 hour overnight. with 5 farms, spending the additional money for the 8 hour food and only getting 100 per plot, you can say by spending some time and doing the 3 minute harvest a few times. I guess it all depends on how much you have to spend and how much time you have spending it.

Cupudscrush
11-08-12, 08:35 AM
I have only 30 seconds, 3 mins, 1 hour, 5 hrs, 8 hrs, n 20 hrs.. Not 2 hrs...

Horntail21
11-08-12, 08:43 AM
Look at the post at the top of the page. This thread is way old and there is no 2hr crop anymore.

justplainlucas
11-08-12, 11:05 AM
Here's a simple answer to everything when you ask why something TL does doesn't make sense. They do it to try to get you to spend money to speed up the process. If farming prices made sense, no one would think twice about spending gold, coin or real money on food. Question is, how many people ACTUALLY spend real money on food?

debhutchinson
05-03-15, 02:19 PM
I wish we had 8-hour enchanted crops to put in overnight. Usually I just plant the 5-hour crop Diamondates but then I don't collect as many points during World Wide Events. So, it would be nice to have some type of enchanted 8-hour crop for the Blue Farm.

redstar177
05-03-15, 03:06 PM
I wish we had 8-hour enchanted crops to put in overnight. Usually I just plant the 5-hour crop Diamondates but then I don't collect as many points during World Wide Events. So, it would be nice to have some type of enchanted 8-hour crop for the Blue Farm.

Or a 12 hr crop that actually produced a large amount of food!

yeshayahu
09-01-15, 06:28 AM
I agree with Deb. We really need those 8 hour crops during World Events but the yeild is so low. We really need a food crop that gives us a lot more food. I have been thinking that more farms is not the answer, as we just need more Food. More farms just take up so much space. I have been moving my farms and habitats around so much lately I am getting dizzy.

Kennedward
09-01-15, 06:56 AM
Farming has not been an issue for me until LV15 was introduced, now pretty much everyone is running low of food

rasike
09-01-15, 07:08 AM
I agree, 8, 12 or 20 hour enchanted crops would be great!