PDA

View Full Version : Pet Shop Weekly Update 5-17-12

kooky panda
05-16-12, 02:20 PM
New teasers from DW:

http://media-cache4.pinterest.com/upload/281123201710131127_Mu0nohSX_c.jpg

How about an Emperor? Get the Japanese Chin, aka the Japanese Spaniel - the dog of Japanese royalty! Only for Pet Shop Story!

http://media-cache6.pinterest.com/upload/281123201710125168_ycP2LWOK_c.jpg

Find out for yourself and add some Chausies - hybrids of Jungle Cats & domestic cats - to your Pet Shop soon!

Remember updates roll out, you will either get the new items on Thursday or Tuesday.
Also limited offer are sent out randomly and they are independent from the weekly updates. The limited offers are only sent out on Thursday.

http://forums.teamlava.com/announcement.php?f=66 (http://forums.teamlava.com/announcement.php?f=66)

Denel31
05-16-12, 02:41 PM
This exotic baby is mine! Cant say no to that cute face!

yupiyupigumgum
05-16-12, 09:35 PM
I smell gems on the japanese spaniel ......:p

bss18974
05-17-12, 02:28 PM
Cat is gems.

The chaussie is coins. Needs 12 red pillows and 8 lime hooks.

You have to request the pillows. Does not look like they can be gifted...

lizzygee23
05-17-12, 03:48 PM
I smell gems on the japanese spaniel ......:p

The Japanese chin is $4200 coins and is constructable, requiring 8 lime hooks and 12 red pillows.

The chausie costs 14 gems and is not constructable but I didn't purchase it that's all I can tell you about it.

lizzygee23
05-17-12, 03:52 PM
There's also the hidden litter box for $1,240 coins and cat steps for 8 gems, both can be found under the displays menu. ��

yupiyupigumgum
05-17-12, 04:08 PM
Cat is gems.

Just found out about it. I received the update on Friday morning, maybe because of the time difference. So the red pillows is a requested item, that's why I can't find it everywhere. Sorry dear neighbors, no more new parts gift from me :( you have to request it

Denel31
05-17-12, 04:17 PM
And there's a crossbreed. The Labrador and beagle for 5,400 coins and you get a Labbe ready in 10hrs.

ButterPanda
05-18-12, 05:40 PM
Cat is gems.

the red pillow issue has been reported to our engineers.

kooky panda
05-18-12, 05:58 PM
I just checked and I can gift the red pillow now. It is the The Japanese chin that needs the red pillows.

venomzas
05-19-12, 01:45 AM
And there's a crossbreed. The Labrador and beagle for 5,400 coins and you get a Labbe ready in 10hrs.

It's say 21hrs to crossbreed for me?

bss18974
05-19-12, 08:41 AM
I think team lava is playing games with the players... Ie trying to stay one step ahead of us...

1) we used to be able to gift new build able items starting thursday at midnight pacific time. This allows us to have the items we needed for buildable pets ready at their release. I try to gift as early as possible ...

Then

2) TL changed things. New Buildable items were suddenly not available until the release of new pets (2 pm pacific/5 pm eastern time). So we would purchase the new pets and send out requests for parts and could send out gifts of these parts too to speed up the building of the constructible pets. Gifting and accepting of gifts would be held off til 2 pm PAC/5 pm eastern to maximize the use and receipt of the new parts.

Then

3) teamlava changed things this week. New buildable part - the RED PILLOW - could not be gifted. Only sent/accepted as a request. It did not become available to send as a gift until two days later... Ie on Saturday.

So what's next? How will they play with us?

Maybe it is time to stop playing PSS...

Reasons to stop playing PSS:

1) no new expansions available.

2) no room for new pets.

3) no levels beyond 40.

4) no new goals to attain (especially that don't require gems to complete)

5) no new collections to complete to get free animals etc.

6) collections/animals that can't be completed due to overpriced requirements like 149 gem border collie.

I think there should be some way to purchase the tree frog, for instance, without completing the border collie family for 600 gems (or so) which amounts to $100 worth of gems or more (580 gems costs $99.99)

7) no way to amass gems on a regular basis via goal etc. rather than purchase.

8) unrealistic breeding times for some pets. - turtle takes 7 days to breed.

9) once an animal (and perhaps it's mate) is purchased for gems, the breeding of babies should be coins. Same for babies if crossbreeds that used gems... Should be for coins.

10) new breeding slot costs 149 gems... You gotta be kidding me on this. That amounts to $25.

11) I cannot see many of my pets especially when upgraded because I cannot rotate the pet pens to see the animals. Some upgrades when placed near other pets block the viewing of those pets. This means I need more room around these pens ... So I need to expand .. But I cannot expand. I have no expansions left....

12) gem sales are not random despite what teamlava says. I have never had a gem sale on my devices that are fastest and easiest to use (ipad2 and iPhone 4s). These are the devices I play PSS on regularly as I enjoy using them. However my slow iPod touch 2nd gen. Gets sales almost weekly. But it is too slow to really develop a pet shop on... And high gem prices means lower gem purchases.

Feel free to respond and add your reasons for quitting PSS here and maybe teamlava will listen.

Denel31
05-19-12, 10:37 PM
It's say 21hrs to crossbreed for me?

That's weird. Mine was 10 and breeding baby Slabbed is one day.

Denel31
05-19-12, 10:40 PM
That's weird. Mine was 10 and breeding baby Slabbed is one day.

Lol. Meant labbe. Kindle has mind of its own.

Denel31
05-19-12, 10:48 PM
I think team lava is playing games with the players... Ie trying to stay one step ahead of us...

1) we used to be able to gift new build able items starting thursday at midnight pacific time. This allows us to have the items we needed for buildable pets ready at their release. I try to gift as early as possible ...

Then

2) TL changed things. New Buildable items were suddenly not available until the release of new pets (2 pm pacific/5 pm eastern time). So we would purchase the new pets and send out requests for parts and could send out gifts of these parts too to speed up the building of the constructible pets. Gifting and accepting of gifts would be held off til 2 pm PAC/5 pm eastern to maximize the use and receipt of the new parts.

Then

3) teamlava changed things this week. New buildable part - the RED PILLOW - could not be gifted. Only sent/accepted as a request. It did not become available to send as a gift until two days later... Ie on Saturday.

So what's next? How will they play with us?

Maybe it is time to stop playing PSS...

Reasons to stop playing PSS:

1) no new expansions available.

2) no room for new pets.

3) no levels beyond 40.

4) no new goals to attain (especially that don't require gems to complete)

5) no new collections to complete to get free animals etc.

6) collections/animals that can't be completed due to overpriced requirements like 149 gem border collie.

I think there should be some way to purchase the tree frog, for instance, without completing the border collie family for 600 gems (or so) which amounts to $100 worth of gems or more (580 gems costs $99.99)

7) no way to amass gems on a regular basis via goal etc. rather than purchase.

8) unrealistic breeding times for some pets. - turtle takes 7 days to breed.

9) once an animal (and perhaps it's mate) is purchased for gems, the breeding of babies should be coins. Same for babies if crossbreeds that used gems... Should be for coins.

10) new breeding slot costs 149 gems... You gotta be kidding me on this. That amounts to $25.

11) I cannot see many of my pets especially when upgraded because I cannot rotate the pet pens to see the animals. Some upgrades when placed near other pets block the viewing of those pets. This means I need more room around these pens ... So I need to expand .. But I cannot expand. I have no expansions left....

12) gem sales are not random despite what teamlava says. I have never had a gem sale on my devices that are fastest and easiest to use (ipad2 and iPhone 4s). These are the devices I play PSS on regularly as I enjoy using them. However my slow iPod touch 2nd gen. Gets sales almost weekly. But it is too slow to really develop a pet shop on... And high gem prices means lower gem purchases.

Feel free to respond and add your reasons for quitting PSS here and maybe teamlava will listen.

I think you have good valid reasons to complain, but not for quitting. Don't quit!

junebug_1776
05-20-12, 12:10 PM
I haven't had any problems yet with expansions, but my nursery has sucked lately. I have had three different breeds in my nursery and after 8 hours they disappear. I have contacted TL about this and they haven't resolved the issue or gave me back my coins and gems yet (10,000 in coins and 13 gems). I play on both my iPhone and Kindle, and when I mentioned to TL that it happened on my Kindle, they thought I was trying to switch the game from one device to another. Very frustrating! I suggested to them that instead of figurng out new pets to add, they should try to help with current issues.