PDA

View Full Version : Medals - Amazing Ambience - Glitch

Ilovebrian4ever
05-16-12, 01:47 PM
I have 21 wall items but the game says I only have 2 I sent an e-mail about a month ago but it hasn't been fixed yet.
Is anyone having the same issue... I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet.

greygull
05-16-12, 04:45 PM
Try placing the items in storage, then placing them on the walls again.

nmishii
05-16-12, 05:13 PM
There's been a couple of threads on this. It doesn't count your wall items when they're on the wall, only when they're in storage. So when you have enough wall items to earn the next level of the badge, you need to put the wall items in storage, get your next badge, and then you can put them back on your wall.

Seems to happen on Android, for Amazing Ambience only.

Its been happening since December, when badges were released to Android. Wonder what's taking TL so long to fix this. Seems like it should be easy to fix, since it works okay on RS.

nmishii
05-16-12, 05:16 PM
Here are other threads on the same problem:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?26525-Amazing-Ambience&highlight=ambience
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?25506-amazing-ambience-badge-incomplete&highlight=ambience
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22834-Medals-Collectibles-bug-(Android)&highlight=ambience

nmishii
05-17-12, 09:59 PM
DaojinWildfire,

You posted in the 3 threads in Post 4 to provide screenshots of the problem if possible. Those threads were opened in Jan-Mar and the people with the problem probably used the workaround and have completed their Ambience badge. The thread where you should have responded is this one.

Once you complete the badge the problem isn't recreatable. So you may not get screenshots from those old threads. Which might be fine to you guys, if your policy is to not look at problems without screenshots. Buy you can easily recreate the problem. Here's how:

Track down an Android device. If you can't find an company-owned Android device, GM has one.

Open up a game on an Android phone and verify you don't yet have the gold Ambience badge. You'll see how many items you have and the total needed to complete the next badge. Move items from storage to the wall and watch your current wall item count decrease. Move items from the wall to storage and watch the current wall item count increase. Store enough wall items to get you to the next badge, and see that you'll be awarded the badge.

For all the other badges, I believe you get the award when you have enough items in your store plus in storage. For this badge, you get the award only when you have enough items in storage. Its inconsistent. Your code needs to recognize the wall items in the store and add the count of those items to the count of the wall items in storage.

ButterPanda
05-18-12, 10:36 AM
DaojinWildfire,

You posted in the 3 threads in Post 4 to provide screenshots of the problem if possible. Those threads were opened in Jan-Mar and the people with the problem probably used the workaround and have completed their Ambience badge. The thread where you should have responded is this one.

Once you complete the badge the problem isn't recreatable. So you may not get screenshots from those old threads. Which might be fine to you guys, if your policy is to not look at problems without screenshots. Buy you can easily recreate the problem. Here's how:

Track down an Android device. If you can't find an company-owned Android device, GM has one.

Open up a game on an Android phone and verify you don't yet have the gold Ambience badge. You'll see how many items you have and the total needed to complete the next badge. Move items from storage to the wall and watch your current wall item count decrease. Move items from the wall to storage and watch the current wall item count increase. Store enough wall items to get you to the next badge, and see that you'll be awarded the badge.

For all the other badges, I believe you get the award when you have enough items in your store plus in storage. For this badge, you get the award only when you have enough items in storage. Its inconsistent. Your code needs to recognize the wall items in the store and add the count of those items to the count of the wall items in storage.

Thanks for this info, I was not aware of this thread. Also that was me that posted, not DW, unless there were more threads?
Anyway, I am trying to recreate the issue and pass it on to the engineers once I have done so.