PDA

View Full Version : Some things i don't like about Restaurant Story

Unregistered
11-09-10, 04:37 AM
This game has some good Idias and is fun to play... sometimes.
But there are some things I don't like about:

1) I don't like the way to just block the door by a chair or something else.
Imagine I would do that in real world - I would not have many satisfied customers!
The way should be to communicate my opening times to customers and not just block the door.
Besides there is no description in Help Pages how to close my Restaurant
- that's frustrating for me as a new Gamer.

So please:
- Give me the Ability to use a Closed/Open - Sign or better:
- Let me set my Opening times, i.e. in the way to set a X to every hour of a day i want to open my Restaurant
- at least add a Point "How to close the Restaurant" to the Help Pages.

2) My Popularity counter does not count while i'm away!
I can have no Food served and go away and let the Restaurant open. When i come back after an hour i have
popularity of 80! That can not be!
It is a completely other Game if this is the case and again: its not described in the Help Pages!
So Please: Fix this Bug!

3) I had to measure the time one customer needs to eat by watch - it was not described in the Help pages.
So please describe this!

I read some other Bugs in this forum and don't have to post these again,
but: Restaurant Story for the moment has beta Status for me.
To find a balance having satisfied customers is extremely difficult. To fix this by nont counting while I'm away is a workarount, but no consistent solution.

please make it consistent and calculable - then it could be fun!

cu,
erwin3

Unregistered
11-09-10, 05:04 AM
consistent would be:

- to have opening/closed times
- only be able to design during closed times

Unregistered
11-09-10, 05:17 AM
i'd like to have a window with my Restaurant's name and the opening times on it.

T-girl
11-09-10, 06:31 AM
Many of us... I think almost ALL of us, would like to have a "CLOSED" sign that we could hang on our restaurant door or in a window when we want to close our restaurants.

We all block the door so that we can close our restaurants while we cook our food - that way it doesn't affect the popularity. However, it would look a lot more like a real restaurant & be much more enjoyable to play if we had a "CLOSED" sign to use instead of always having to drag some other object to the door, such as: hostess desk or chair or candy machine etc.

PLEASE add this to the game!
Also would be cool if you could include a space (on the sign) where we could put our restaurant hours... Just like in real life ;D

Thank You,
T-girl
Restaurant: Coffee ~ Cakes

henning
11-09-10, 08:02 AM
I would like it too to open for lets say 2 hours from now and afterwards close automatically.

henning
11-09-10, 08:45 AM
I'd also like to have a wardrobe.

Unregistered
11-09-10, 08:39 PM
And I'd like to win the lottery too..

Jesus Christ people.

Unregistered
11-10-10, 04:31 PM
And I'd like to win the lottery too..

Jesus Christ people.

And I'd like to read posts without curse words and the Lord's name taken in vain. Very offensive to some of us.
Jesus has nothing to do with it.

Unregistered
11-10-10, 05:21 PM
While maybe some of these ideas might be worth looking at, I think some of them are becoming too trivial. People like to play these games their own way, thats the whole point of them, and some of the ideas thrown around would change too much of the freedom we currently have.

Anyway, who needs opening and closing times when you can just block the door??? Isn't that just the same thing?

Unregistered
11-11-10, 06:51 PM
Having a sign to close our restaurant and/or set hours would be great!

In response to some of the above posters, no this is not "trivial", it makes the game more realistic - who would actually own a restaurant that just blocks the door when they don't want people in?