PDA

View Full Version : Online Inapropriate Dating

sipsup
05-14-12, 06:29 PM
Hello Team Lava!

Recently, there has been a lot of "Online Dating" on your story games on player's walls. I find this very disturbing. Aproximately 98% of the people "dating" don't know each other. They claim to be who they say they are, but could be someone else. I would just ask that you somehow stop this "Online Dating" thing going on on most all story games. Maybe blocking the "couple" from posting on each other's walls will work.

It is kinda disturbing since most of the people dating (pretty much all of them) are little kids. Therefore, please stop this. It is also a bad example to kids that are younger playing the story games.. Thanks f?r your understanding and cooperation!

Sincerely,
zimmy (aka Sip Sup on RS) 😘

pinkster73
05-14-12, 07:26 PM
How is this hurting you? They obviously aren't dating. How do you know that some of the chatting neighbors aren't couples in real life?

I think if the tos aren't being violated you should mind your own business.

sweetstuff525
05-14-12, 07:40 PM
So everyone should stop" dating" in real life too cuz their is little kids? Just let them be as long as they not posting anything in appropriate in your wall do t read their wall ...if there your neighbors delete them if you don't like it....in life it's good not to make a big deal out of every little thing... My 2 cents

yupiyupigumgum
05-15-12, 07:11 PM
I must be preoccupied by gems trap so much i didn't realize there's an online dating. Concern player, good for you :)

edie62
05-15-12, 08:20 PM
I dont mind anyone saying anything nice, its all the unnice things Im seeing that upsets me a lot! And putting narsty things on my wall then laughing it off a few days later. But as said before you just delete people you dont want putting what ever on your wall, Im doing that a lot more theses days. Cheers :-)

ThorVII
05-15-12, 08:31 PM
They r people who don't know better... i really wouldn't call it datinv

ThorVII
05-15-12, 08:32 PM
* dating

cubsrock1908
05-15-12, 08:37 PM
I see this a lot and some of them do inappropriate things together

cubsrock1908
05-15-12, 08:43 PM
So I agree 100% that game dating is stupid and hey they can tell u that they're 12 when they are really 40! My friend Emilee that plays Fashion story agrees about this too

vykho
05-15-12, 09:00 PM
What is the problem that ppl "date" on their own walls ??
Me n my gf r real lovers & i always say i love her on her wall …
It's one's freedom to do so , n it's ok if the words r not attacking ppl …
Just ignore those things that make u feel uncomfortable but please dont try to control or stop other from doing someyhing they enjoy …

pinkster73
05-15-12, 09:03 PM
What is the problem that ppl "date" on their own walls ??
Me n my gf r real lovers & i always say i love her on her wall …
It's one's freedom to do so , n it's ok if the words r not attacking ppl …
Just ignore those things that make u feel uncomfortable but please dont try to control or stop other from doing someyhing they enjoy …

Exactly. Sheesh people.

RoseMeyer
05-16-12, 07:45 AM
why so much anxiety about what others are doing?
Just take them off your list of places to visit.

Nobody's dating on MY wall....

habanero89
05-16-12, 07:53 AM
I see this a lot and some of them do inappropriate things together

Erm, how would you know they are doing 'inappropriate' things together? There are many people who play BS who are old enough to date anyway, it is none of your business. How do you they are not dating in real life? Dating and affection in itself is not 'inappropriate'. If you don't like it don't go on their walls and read it, which you must be doing in order to know what they're saying. Love for your fellow humans is much nicer than cruel words and threats anyway just a tip!

bakerbarbie12
05-16-12, 08:22 AM
I wonder if someone can provide an example of what exactly the problem is? I dont know how people date on a wall. Are they saying vulgar stuff to each other for all to see? i guess i dont read other peoples walls. Would not reading their walls help? Not trying to be mean or anything, just trying to understand. ty.

pinkster73
05-16-12, 08:23 AM
why so much anxiety about what others are doing?
Just take them off your list of places to visit.

Nobody's dating on MY wall....

I'll date you rose :p

sweetstuff525
05-16-12, 08:35 AM
I wonder if someone can provide an example of what exactly the problem is? I dont know how people date on a wall. Are they saying vulgar stuff to each other for all to see? i guess i dont read other peoples walls. Would not reading their walls help? Not trying to be mean or anything, just trying to understand. ty.

I haven't seen it... And yes stop reading people's walls will help...also if bothers you delete the as well....thats it

viviansmo
05-16-12, 08:47 AM
No one's dating on my wall either... I get the occasional Praise Jesus posts and sometimes a few "dirty" jokes... Which I find funny for the most part. I just delete the posts that offend me and move on.

sourlicorice2
05-16-12, 09:27 AM
How is this hurting you? They obviously aren't dating. How do you know that some of the chatting neighbors aren't couples in real life?

I think if the tos aren't being violated you should mind your own business.

Exactly. I have 2 nbrs (now one as the other quit yesterday) that are dating. They are adults and I know this for a fact as I'm Facebook friends with the girl. If people want to date on their walls then fine. It's none of our business and if they r following the ToS rules then no harm no foul.

sourlicorice2
05-16-12, 09:29 AM
Exactly. I have 2 nbrs (now one as the other quit yesterday) that are dating. They are adults and I know this for a fact as I'm Facebook friends with the girl. If people want to date on their walls then fine. It's none of our business and if they r following the ToS rules then no harm no foul.

They actually met on the game then got together and met in real life. They guy lives in America and the girl England. He's flown out there a few times that I know of now.

piggiful
05-16-12, 09:38 AM
Ok, where can I score one of those neighbors who utilizes my wall as a part of their dating facility?That's free entertainment.

catgirl477
05-16-12, 09:38 AM
The only ppl I Have seen are real life couples

And if sOmeone wants tO pretend date with another player, it's their choice! U can't stop them from posting on each others walls!

catgirl477
05-16-12, 09:39 AM
Ok, where can I score one of those neighbors who utilizes my wall as a part of their dating facility?That's free entertainment.

Haha I know right!

Limaxa
05-16-12, 09:47 AM
I think you can't forbid to communicate in a social Game .. If they want to date or flirt.. Just let them:)

RoseMeyer
05-16-12, 11:28 AM
I'll date you rose :p
;):p:D:o

kitty711
05-16-12, 11:31 AM
I've been playing BS for 1.5 years and have never seen this. lol

Would like some free entertainment though!

szmagpie
05-16-12, 11:37 AM
I agree with most replies... and, Sipsup: depends what you see as inappropriate, maybe there is something that is "inappropriate", but I think you're making an issue of nothing in most cases :L

CuddlyDragon
05-16-12, 01:02 PM
Please report any violations of the Terms of Service to Support.

Try to include a screen shot and their Storm8 ID. :P

hentie2
05-16-12, 03:36 PM
Aww I have just fallen in love with cuddly dragon oh er not the person just the pink dragon holding a red heart lol hey can I have one in my bakery please it's so cute much nicer than the green fire one I currently ownl in storage!

GroupMagma
05-16-12, 03:40 PM
Also, less aggro in the thread, guys. Please respect other players' opinions.

sehana
05-16-12, 04:03 PM
LOL, new term? "Wall Dating" :D
Unless there are things on the walls that really shouldn't be said/seen, I think it's harmless.

pinkster73
05-16-12, 04:04 PM
If I wall date someone do I get free dinner?

RoseMeyer
05-16-12, 05:36 PM

depends, what are you offering for dessert?

RealFarmer1222
05-16-12, 05:40 PM

Yep...a nice venison steak!

candyglam
05-16-12, 05:51 PM
I actually have a funny story concerning this topic...

So I got my husband to play Bakery story with me a little while after I started playing. We don't post on each other's walls, but a little while after he started playing, this girl started writing on his wall asking if he wanted to be her boyfriend after he added her as a neighbor. He ignored her, but she asked him almost every day. Things like "U want to date? Y or N?" Then she just started writing things like, "I had a good time on our date last night...kiss me again!" I ended up going to her wall to see what people wrote on hers and some people were like, "hey leave me alone" and other people were like, "let's make out!". It was creepy...she eventually stopped because he deleted her as a neighbor. Lol

pinkster73
05-16-12, 06:05 PM
I've had someone post on my husband's wall to "stay away from Pinksterville" when my husband left lovey messages on my wall.

queentina3
05-16-12, 06:15 PM
I've had someone post on my husband's wall to "stay away from Pinksterville" when my husband left lovey messages on my wall.

And I still giggle about that whenever I think about it. That is just too funny. I wonder what would happen if I started to do that to you, would the hubby get jealous? :p

ariesblu
05-16-12, 06:50 PM
If it's bothering an individual involved, that person should take the steps to report the individual if they are uncomfortable. Otherwise it is really none of your business, especially if you know neither of those people in real life.

pinkster73
05-16-12, 06:55 PM
And I still giggle about that whenever I think about it. That is just too funny. I wonder what would happen if I started to do that to you, would the hubby get jealous? :p

Nope........

catgirl477
05-16-12, 09:52 PM

Ooh you must be famous!!!! Lol sound like someone is jealous

jojopeanut
05-16-12, 10:05 PM
There must be some really HOT ovens in BS err I mean walls..lol I've never seen this in FS and I don't want to..I really don't read my neighbours walls all that much either.

sunstorm01
05-16-12, 10:42 PM
People need to treat these games like the real world- but yeah welcome to the Internet. I agree, screenshot it and send it through to support- they should fix that pretty quickly. Same goes for swearing, being abusive, and basically all the things your mother taught you not to do.

cubsrock1908
05-17-12, 10:29 AM
I saw the same thing

CuddlyDragon
05-17-12, 01:02 PM
Alright everyone,

I am going to close this thread.

Please report anything that violates the Terms of Service to our Support Team.

support@teamlava.com

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. :)

-CD