PDA

View Full Version : USPS Refusal of Service

atlantisonearth
05-14-12, 01:59 PM
I have officially had it with USPS. Why? Listen to my story.

About 1 and 1/2 weeks ago, I ordered something online via Amazon.com. I selected regular shipping at checkout (5-8 business days). I tracked it, and when it finally came to my local post office location, I was eagerly waiting for my package. 3 days later, it has still been sitting there in their darn facility. THEN... I saw the mailman come by and deliver mail. I ran out in the rain to get the mail... only to come and find ADS, NOT my package, which has been sitting there for 3 days! Shouldn't the package be their priority vs. the advertisements? Evidently it is not.

I am really upset, so I request of you to please join me on my strike. It is really simple, and it is much more convenient to you. From now on, instead of collecting those ads just to throw them away, leave them in the mailbox and only collect letters and packages that have been addressed to you or your family (i.e. a letter, a package, etc.). Since it isn't our property, why should we be the ones to collect the ads that they flood our mailbox with? Is an ad worth more than your customer's package? For USPS, it certainly is! All you have to do is leave advertisements in the box.

Maybe Amazon.com should have disguised the package as a Walmart ad? Would it have shipped much faster?

I hope you see what you are wasting your tax dollars for. This isn't the only uselessness the USPS serves. They have enough money to post expensive TV ads on CNN claiming that they are nearly broke? Are you kidding me? Just doing that is utterly contradicting their point! Instead of burning their money on national television ads, MAYBE they could spend it WISELY like HIRING MORE WORKERS so packages can ship more efficiently? I dont know... just a thought... You are paying for national television ads (without any say in this, of course... we have no idea what the government does with our money) with your hard-earned money. Why do they want us to support them? So they can continue running their business by sending countless ads?

Please, join the strike. It's really simple. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

amymcc
05-14-12, 02:05 PM
That happened to me a few months ago. Through tracking I saw my package at the local post office, but it wasn't delivered. I called the post office and told them about it. This nice man immediately got in a truck and brought my package out to me. Give them a call, hope it works for you too.

atlantisonearth
05-14-12, 02:15 PM
That happened to me a few months ago. Through tracking I saw my package at the local post office, but it wasn't delivered. I called the post office and told them about it. This nice man immediately got in a truck and brought my package out to me. Give them a call, hope it works for you too.

Thanks, I will call them.

sweetstuff525
05-14-12, 02:20 PM
Did you get your package? Didn't they leave a paper saying you have to pick it up at post office? That's what they did when I ordered from Disney store

atlantisonearth
05-14-12, 02:26 PM
Nothing whatsoever. Amazon said it would be delivered to my door.

The lady on the other line said it came in THIS MORNING, not three days ago. At this point it looks like either one of the parties was lying to me, or someone enjoys playing around with the bar code number of my package.

driftboutique
05-14-12, 03:54 PM
Bummer :(

Side note: While most people think that the USPS is a government service, it's actually privately run.

I always use UPS if the option is there. USPS is just too unpredictable and they seem to have a really high incidence of error and a really lousy attitude about it. I don't like FedEx either because their drivers are often unreliable -- sometimes they leave package slips without bothering to even ring the doorbell because it's faster. Blech.

It's hard to ******* USPS because you often don't have a choice. But when I do, I choose not to use them.

atlantisonearth
05-14-12, 07:11 PM
Bummer :(

Side note: While most people think that the USPS is a government service, it's actually privately run.

I always use UPS if the option is there. USPS is just too unpredictable and they seem to have a really high incidence of error and a really lousy attitude about it. I don't like FedEx either because their drivers are often unreliable -- sometimes they leave package slips without bothering to even ring the doorbell because it's faster. Blech.

It's hard to ******* USPS because you often don't have a choice. But when I do, I choose not to use them.

It is semi-private, a portion of our taxpayer dollar goes to their service. Not exactly a ******* -- its a bit different, but I'm not sure I should have titled it what I did.

Unfortunately, Amazon.com does not allow customers to choose what delivery service they would like to ship the order. I will send an email to them regarding this. Thanks for your concern, driftbotique! :)

pinkster73
05-14-12, 07:15 PM
Is usps the united states postal service?

amymcc
05-14-12, 09:26 PM

Yes it is.

lylahmae
05-14-12, 09:32 PM

Yes

The reason ads take precedent is that they are a good steady source of income for the usps and don't worry the usps will soon be a thing of the past and when it is no longer a federal crime for a person to touch your mail the real trouble will begin and this package will seem meaningless.

RealFarmer1222
05-15-12, 07:11 AM
Yes

The reason ads take precedent is that they are a good steady source of income for the usps and don't worry the usps will soon be a thing of the past and when it is no longer a federal crime for a person to touch your mail the real trouble will begin and this package will seem meaningless.

What lylah said.

piggiful
05-15-12, 07:13 AM
usps is going bankrupt soon thanks to the almighty union. All those lazy butts can go postal at home instead. Amazon prime for the win!

piggiful
05-15-12, 07:14 AM

No, it's unquestionably slow piece of {}you get the idea.

atlantisonearth
05-15-12, 01:16 PM
No, it's unquestionably slow piece of {}you get the idea.

Haha I can fill in the blank :p

+1

RealFarmer1222
05-16-12, 02:16 PM
Amazon prime for the win!

Oh....I definitely like Amazon Prime!

piggiful
05-16-12, 02:22 PM
Oh....I definitely like Amazon Prime!

It's the best thing since sliced bread for amazon addicts.
That's not me of course. I'm not an addicted amazon shopper, no siree!!

lylahmae
05-16-12, 08:39 PM
usps is going bankrupt soon thanks to the almighty union. All those lazy butts can go postal at home instead. Amazon prime for the win!

I am union and I am not lazy.

piggiful
05-17-12, 07:50 AM
I am union and I am not lazy.Sorry you work for usps

pinkster73
05-17-12, 08:37 AM
Sorry you work for usps

She doesn't work for usps. Oink.

piggiful
05-17-12, 10:21 AM
She doesn't work for usps. Oink.
Oh, we aren't oinking about her or her union then;)

lylahmae
05-17-12, 07:18 PM
Oh, we aren't oinking about her or her union then;)

Nope I am UFCW local 876 I was just pointing out that union doesn't equal lazy. I have many other issues with the post office but that isn't one of mine.:p

Yellowstone67
05-17-12, 07:34 PM
Try this... I have packages delivered to my house all the time! Thing is... when I'm not home... I get them sent to the back of my house or the side... sometimes under the patio... weird. What I'm saying... search AROUND your house and see if you can find it.

pinkster73
05-17-12, 07:36 PM
Try this... I have packages delivered to my house all the time! Thing is... when I'm not home... I get them sent to the back of my house or the side... sometimes under the patio... weird. What I'm saying... search AROUND your house and see if you can find it.

Ha ha I'm picturing mail men sneaky hiding stuff like the Easter bunny.

I was union when I was a phlebotamist. There were some lazy people, but mostly hard workers.

queentina3
05-17-12, 08:07 PM
Ha ha I'm picturing mail men sneaky hiding stuff like the Easter bunny.

I was union when I was a phlebotamist. There were some lazy people, but mostly hard workers.

Seriously? LMAO.

pinkster73
05-17-12, 08:31 PM
Seriously? LMAO.

Yes, seriously. It wasn't optional.