PDA

View Full Version : Is there any method to tip neighbor without posting into their walls?

bom1972
05-12-12, 09:06 AM
Just like sending gifts to neighbors, no texting in neighbors' walls.

thank you,

sourlicorice2
05-12-12, 09:56 AM
Go to the add me thread and post that you are looking for neighbors to gift only and not tip/post.

bom1972
05-12-12, 11:24 AM
No no no, I want to give tips but kind of lazy to type in their walls to let them know I tip them.

JohnDede
05-12-12, 12:53 PM
The last 10 tippers are recorded in feedback, which is under requests, which is under pending gifts.

CafeXiola
05-12-12, 02:18 PM
The problem with that is that the news feed only keeps the last 10 people who tipped. When you have a lot of nbr's it's hard to keep track of who is tipping you and who isn't. It can take a lot of time to tip everyone, and some don't want to tip those who are just using nbr's for tips and never returning the favor (I'm talking about the ones who NEVER, not those who can only play occasionally). There are a lot of people who keep there 4 star status by just accumulating more and more nbr's to tip them. That's why I ask people to post on my wall. Some don't, and if I don't catch them in the news feed for several days I remove them. The thing about that is they could have been tipping the whole time, just at odd times and getting their names pushed off the news feed.

patriziaf
05-12-12, 04:57 PM

thank you,

??? Well, do it!
You tip them and then you DON'T go to their wall but you go to the next neighbour through the orange phone icon or you go home..

JohnDede
05-13-12, 04:27 PM
There are a lot of people who keep there 4 star status by just accumulating more and more nbr's to tip them.

I keep about 50, and tip all everyday. I replace those who can't be bothered to clear the tips off their tables for several days.

That's why I ask people to post on my wall. Some don't, and if I don't catch them in the news feed for several days I remove them. The thing about that is they could have been tipping the whole time, just at odd times and getting their names pushed off the news feed.

I don't care if I see them in feedback or not. I actually don't even care if they tip. My 4 stars depend on what I'm doing, and if they won't clear their tables, while they're gifting and requesting, then they're affecting my game, and I send them down the road to find some of those "too busy to tip" neighbors.

trace35
05-14-12, 09:00 PM
I suggest u just start tipping without writing on their wall and see how many tips u get back. If u have enough Nbr's it might work ok?

Shewolf311
05-14-12, 09:52 PM
I try to tip my neighbors daily, but a lot of times I don't have the time to write on their walls, either. I will sometimes, sometimes I don't. Depends on the time I have. I honestly don't care if they tip me back or not..I do send messages to my close neighbors, though. :)

Interesting to learn that the news feed only keeps track of the last ten that tipped. I didn't know that.

doraemon1121
05-16-12, 12:41 PM
The problem with that is that the news feed only keeps the last 10 people who tipped. When you have a lot of nbr's it's hard to keep track of who is tipping you and who isn't. It can take a lot of time to tip everyone, and some don't want to tip those who are just using nbr's for tips and never returning the favor (I'm talking about the ones who NEVER, not those who can only play occasionally). There are a lot of people who keep there 4 star status by just accumulating more and more nbr's to tip them. That's why I ask people to post on my wall. Some don't, and if I don't catch them in the news feed for several days I remove them. The thing about that is they could have been tipping the whole time, just at odd times and getting their names pushed off the news feed.

That's the major problem for me.
I have around 100-200 neighbors
and usually i tipped them back at night
I can't get track of all of the neighbors who tipped me before (since only 10 last records in history)
i do hope TL can expand the news feed to 24 hrs hostory (from resetting each day)
so I can be sure that I won't miss any kind neighbors and uninvite some

JohnDede
05-16-12, 01:14 PM
i do hope TL can expand the news feed to 24 hrs hostory (from resetting each day)
so I can be sure that I won't miss any kind neighbors and uninvite some

I don't think you have a prayer of that happening.

kancilkiller
05-18-12, 04:27 AM
I can't get track of all of the neighbors who tipped me before (since only 10 last records in history)

This is plain wrong. You should not rely on who tip you and you return tipping. You are then as a reactive player. You should be an active tipper.

Think of it this way If every neighbour of yours behaves like you, then nobody starts tipping. The whole game does not work.

Even if TL expands the history to 100 records or more, it is still useless, because eventually you will still complain that you missed your neighbour #101 who tipped you.

So TL expands to 200 records, you will soon complain that you missed the #201 neighbour who tipped you

Because there are lots of crazy player out there who has over hundreds and thousands of neighbours. Just because TL does not set a limit of neighbours allowed.

saren1947
06-30-12, 08:35 PM
My policy is that if you do not post on my wall, you did not tip. After a while I delete you for not tipping. I am also in a hurry but it takes seconds to type t on a nbrs wall, so they know I tipped. Your tips give me points, so I wat nbrs that tip often, gifts not big deal, tips a deal breaker.

trace35
06-30-12, 08:54 PM
Kancil****er, you tip ALL your Nbr's EVERY day? Do you have any time for your real life friends?

trace35
06-30-12, 08:56 PM
Oh, and don't tell people they are playing the game wrong, we play it how we wanna play it. It's not a JOB you know!

nmishii
06-30-12, 09:16 PM
If you go to a nbr's restaurant and there are dozens and dozens of empty tables, the chances of you falling of the news feed is high and you should post if you want the nbr to know you tipped.

If there are 30 or less empty tables you have an excellent chance of being on the news feed, assuming each person tips at least 3. If there are under 50 you have a good chance, if most of the tippers are nbrs.

felicitybliss
06-30-12, 09:31 PM

thank you,

Just play the way you want. I started out tipping and posting on walls, but disliked it intensely. The endless posts of tipped, tipped, tipped annoys me. I only want to read interesting posts :). Then, I went to tipping without messages and maintained my 4 star rating. When I got to level 96 and life became crazy about the same time, I decided to stop tipping all together (except for 2 low level neighbors). All my other neighbors are at very high levels and don't need tips. I still continue to gift everyday and accept requests multiple times a day. My neighbors apparently accept this as they remain.

I do not want tips. I am happy when I have none. I only pick them up as they look so ugly---even worse, those big blue obnoxious thumbs in fashion, which drive me bonkers. They look like those fingers wear at american football games.

keviPad
07-01-12, 01:23 AM
Collecting tips:
I keep a list of all my neighbors. When i am not busy ill keep tabs on tips for 2-3 days in a row and eliminate (or make note of it). Since we only see last 10 who tip I need to mark who was last and make sure I collect before reach 10. This 10 includes non-neighbors filling news feed. This makes it pointless for neighbors to post that they tipped but i appreciate the effort. Neighbors can use my wall to write 'full'. If I become full my list becomes void since some may visit and not post full. Ill start over when i find free time.

Tipping neighbors:
I keep only 20-25 neighbors. I post on wall whenever i tip (15 minutes all tips gifts).

I am more concerned with giving credit to those good neighbors. I can deal with painstakingly posting on walls but i wish there was a better way. I guess the two are the same. Both parties posting messages is really the only way right now. Problem is not all my neighbors post.

We need combined news/wall feed. Make sure we can still edit/remove posts so that we can keep the messages of our choosing and our own messages up top.

ShelesSweets
07-01-12, 06:03 PM
You're assuming that if the neighbors can't read that you tipped, you'll never receive tips. Not so. I never read my wall, nor do I ever write on walls unless I want a new neighbor. However, I tip all my neighbors frequently. I don't care if they tipped me first. Someone has to be first. Just tip and move on. I can't imagine writing something on every neighbor's wall every time I tip. Gack!

RoseMeyer
07-01-12, 07:01 PM
You should be an active tipper.

Well, I wasnt going to say anything, but since youwant to tell me what to do....

Girlfriend, you are taking this game TOOOOOOOOOOOOO seriously. You should be a happy person, not a nervous wreck about people not following all your RULES.

Oh Yeah, dont add me, Ill make you miserable.

;):mad:

pinkcherryb
07-01-12, 09:38 PM
Just play the way you want. I started out tipping and posting on walls, but disliked it intensely. The endless posts of tipped, tipped, tipped annoys me. I only want to read interesting posts :). Then, I went to tipping without messages and maintained my 4 star rating. When I got to level 96 and life became crazy about the same time, I decided to stop tipping all together (except for 2 low level neighbors). All my other neighbors are at very high levels and don't need tips. I still continue to gift everyday and accept requests multiple times a day. My neighbors apparently accept this as they remain.

I do not want tips. I am happy when I have none. I only pick them up as they look so ugly---even worse, those big blue obnoxious thumbs in fashion, which drive me bonkers. They look like those fingers wear at american football games.

I love players like this! I honestly don't like players demanding that I post on their wall so I don't and honestly don't care if they delete me, they did ME the favor. In my opinion tipping isn't a very rewarding function of the game, it's actually quite taxing and when I feel like I'm being forced to do something that I don't want to then the game is no longer fun. Luckily most of my neighbors are casual players like me and prefer fun and funny wall posts and compliments on how nice their restaurants look. The Star Rating system would be much better if it were calculated by how much you cook or how much decor you have, make it like a goal to be achieved like the badge system. My phone alerts me everytime someone tips me and I don't have tables covering every inch of my restaurant so it's easy to know who tipped me last so I can tip them back to be courteous. I wish their was a player profile feature with customizable avatar to let you know what kind of neighbor each person is, that would cut down on confusion and potential cyber bullying. I can't imagine being an innocent 14 year old child who is basically verbally attacked by an overzealous snappy player because they sent french toast instead of parts only or tipped on the off limits to tipping tables. Smh.

pinkcherryb
07-01-12, 09:41 PM
Well, I wasnt going to say anything, but since youwant to tell me what to do....

Girlfriend, you are taking this game TOOOOOOOOOOOOO seriously. You should be a happy person, not a nervous wreck about people not following all your RULES.

Oh Yeah, dont add me, Ill make you miserable.

;):mad:

Two snaps up in Z formation! LOL

trace35
07-02-12, 02:22 AM
Two snaps up in Z formation! LOL

Lmao! Oh no you di int!

pinkcherryb
07-02-12, 06:20 AM
Lmao! Oh no you di int!

Man I was sooo hoping someone would get that reference! lol

RoseMeyer
07-02-12, 07:14 AM
Man I was sooo hoping someone would get that reference! lol

I was like, HUH? So I googled it.

:)
yes I did.

sourlicorice2
07-02-12, 08:13 AM
This is plain wrong. You should not rely on who tip you and you return tipping. You are then as a reactive player. You should be an active tipper.

Think of it this way If every neighbour of yours behaves like you, then nobody starts tipping. The whole game does not work.

Even if TL expands the history to 100 records or more, it is still useless, because eventually you will still complain that you missed your neighbour #101 who tipped you.

So TL expands to 200 records, you will soon complain that you missed the #201 neighbour who tipped you

Because there are lots of crazy player out there who has over hundreds and thousands of neighbours. Just because TL does not set a limit of neighbours allowed.

I prefer not having nbrs that wont return the favor unless you tip them first myself and try to avoid those kind of nbrs. however if that's how they want to play that's up to them just don't become my nbr lol (for all I know I may have a few like that as I don't keep track of whether they have tipped first or have only tipped after I have) I visit all nbrs as soon as I get home from work wether they've tipped me yet or not. I only post back on nbrs walls that have posted on mine but will visit and tip all nbrs. I just very seldom post on nbrs walls that haven't posted on mine. I am not bothered though if nbrs don't post, just means I don't have to and can get through the game faster. I don't bother with the newsfeed. I start from my wall posts first then visit the rest of my nbrs from my nbr list. I don't keep track of when or how often nbrs have returned the favor anymore. I've pretty much weeded out all non tippers who never tip anyways (not including those who tip only occasionally. I don't mind having nbrs like that as real life is more important). I've got a few nbrs who may only pop on once or twice a month but as long as they are popping on occasionally to return the favour I'm happy. I also have a few nbrs who don't tip but they said so from the beginning but I most often always get a gift from them so that's fine as well.

sourlicorice2
07-02-12, 08:22 AM
I prefer not having nbrs that wont return the favor unless you tip them first myself and try to avoid those kind of nbrs, (for all I know I may have a few like that as I don't keep track of whether they have tipped first or have only tipped after I have however I don't care if nbrs don't tip everyday and only stop by once or twice a month. I visit all nbrs as soon as I get home from work wether they've tipped me yet or not. I only post back on nbrs walls that have posted on mine but will visit and tip all nbrs. I just very seldom post on nbrs walls that haven't posted on mine. I am not bothered though if nbrs don't post, just means I don't have to and can get through the game faster. I don't bother with the newsfeed. I start from my wall posts first then visit the rest of my nbrs from my nbr list. I don't keep track of when or how often nbrs have returned the favor anymore. I've pretty much weeded out all non tippers who never tip anyways (not including those who tip only occasionally. I don't mind having nbrs like that as real life is more important). I've got a few nbrs who may only pop on once or twice a month but as long as they are popping on occasionally to return the favour I'm happy. I also have a few nbrs who don't tip but they said so from the beginning but I most often always get a gift from them so that's fine as well. As for gifts I don't care what I get and prefer nbrs to send what they want me to send them..

edited

Kathy6464
07-02-12, 12:58 PM
I play this game in order to RELAX. It's non-competitive and it takes me away from the daily stress of the law office and my 3 kids at home. I like going into my dream world -- creating a pretty restaurant with matching tables, decorations, and collecting gems (no, I do not pay for them!!) and cook different dishes. I don't want this to be a "If you don't tip me, I'm not going to tip you!" type of game. I enjoy it and have met some nice FS and RS folks because of it. Just my two cents!!

dria_91
07-02-12, 01:25 PM
I just copy a message and paste in on every person's wall I tip. When I tip tables, I go write a message, then my stars are already collected. I dnt have to worry about tipping, then collecting the stars, then writing a message. When u go to paste the message on ur neighbors wall, by the time u post it, ur stars are collected automatically. So u can just go straight to the next neighbor to tip

LadyKade
07-02-12, 03:19 PM
I am so amazed at how people feel the need to try and pressure others to play this game the way they want. it sounds so childish if you don't tip me I won't tip you....."Play my way or no way" SMH.

I could care less if people write on my wall or tip I will continue to tip. I don't judge people because they have not removed the tips from the tables.... maybe they have something going on in their life that they can't play the game today, this week or month...so what ....Life happens!

I love this game, it is relaxing for me... I love decorating my restaurant and picking the items I want on the menu. I like visiting other restaurants seeing how they are decorated.

I gift every day, I tip every 3 days or so depending on my schedule, I post on the walls of my neighbors whose tables are full or gifts are maxed-out just to let them know I stopped by. But if I don't get to write on their walls it is not the end of the world. I recently had a neighbor post on my wall if I did not leave a message on their wall they would stop tipping and gifting.

Oh well it is not that serious.... real life is serious .... this is a game.
I refuse to let someone take the joy of playing this game from me. I am new I just started playing in May, I enjoy visiting the forum it has help me understand the game.

When I read the comments in the forum or walls that people make about not tipping, gifting or leaving messages, I just shake my head and smile and hope they will one day understand it is only a game.

sourlicorice2
07-02-12, 04:12 PM
I play this game in order to RELAX. It's non-competitive and it takes me away from the daily stress of the law office and my 3 kids at home. I like going into my dream world -- creating a pretty restaurant with matching tables, decorations, and collecting gems (no, I do not pay for them!!) and cook different dishes. I don't want this to be a "If you don't tip me, I'm not going to tip you!" type of game. I enjoy it and have met some nice FS and RS folks because of it. Just my two cents!!

exactly. I agree :-)

sourlicorice2
07-02-12, 04:16 PM
I am so amazed at how people feel the need to try and pressure others to play this game the way they want. it sounds so childish if you don't tip me I won't tip you....."Play my way or no way" SMH.

I could care less if people write on my wall or tip I will continue to tip. I don't judge people because they have not removed the tips from the tables.... maybe they have something going on in their life that they can't play the game today, this week or month...so what ....Life happens!

I love this game, it is relaxing for me... I love decorating my restaurant and picking the items I want on the menu. I like visiting other restaurants seeing how they are decorated.

I gift every day, I tip every 3 days or so depending on my schedule, I post on the walls of my neighbors whose tables are full or gifts are maxed-out just to let them know I stopped by. But if I don't get to write on their walls it is not the end of the world. I recently had a neighbor post on my wall if I did not leave a message on their wall they would stop tipping and gifting.

Oh well it is not that serious.... real life is serious .... this is a game.
I refuse to let someone take the joy of playing this game from me. I am new I just started playing in May, I enjoy visiting the forum it has help me understand the game.

When I read the comments in the forum or walls that people make about not tipping, gifting or leaving messages, I just shake my head and smile and hope they will one day understand it is only a game.

Couldnt agree more :-) The only reason I try to avoid nbrs who never ever tip is cause I don't want nbrs who have actually stopped playing. Like I said in a previous post I have a few who only stop by a few times a month but at least that way I know they are still playing when they can and haven't quit altogether.

nikkirene
07-02-12, 04:30 PM
Well for me its quicker just to tip and move on. I still have the same amount of nbrs some write on wall everyday but I don't delete if they don't. Its not really that serious to me lol. Only time I delete is if u have 0 stars or your nonactive

RoseMeyer
07-02-12, 06:21 PM
Well for me its quicker just to tip and move on. I still have the same amount of nbrs some write on wall everyday but I don't delete if they don't. Its not really that serious to me lol. Only time I delete is if u have 0 stars or your nonactive

OMG, Somebody posted on my wall to REMIND me to tip them. ....So, I tipped her and then DELETEDher!!

JUST OBNOXIOUS.

sourlicorice2
07-03-12, 11:13 AM
OMG, Somebody posted on my wall to REMIND me to tip them. ....So, I tipped her and then DELETEDher!!

JUST OBNOXIOUS.

I agree. I'd never post on someone's wall to tip me back. I don't even tip back non neighbors that write I tipped u so tip me back.

trace35
07-03-12, 09:54 PM
It is rude. I do have a post on my wall asking people to leave a msg if they tip, because my husband would **** me if I tipped all my Nbr's every day! I don't really mind if I get tips or not as I prefer gifts, but I would feel bad about not tipping people back out of courtesy.

retro71
07-04-12, 03:20 PM
I noticed the various nuances of star ratings, gifting, posting etc. after a month of play (been playing since April of this yr)

I personally start the day typically as a 3 star and as I make my way through my neighborhood, regain my consistent 4 until the next day. I hate posting redundant symbols, but do for close nbrs and when I think more people will tip after me and knock me off the news feed. That was a good point mentioned earlier in this thread. I also have a lot of nbrs I joke with and tell newsy stuff, for example I pleaded with nbrs to not delete me due to the fact half of my city was being evacuated due to a wildfire.

I am, like another poster said earlier, his/her method of play is to maintain 4stars and if your nbrs don't clear tables you have to go outside your nbrhood to maintain, which is even more time consuming. All I hope for is a nbr who clears their tables and responds to requests. Anything above that & you're just awesome in my book!

I will never ask anyone to post, tip... I have like 32 nbrs in RS, so it's been pretty easy keeping up. Having said that I have a few nbrs in all games who for whatever reason prefer people post and since I already really like them as nbrs it doesn't irk me too much.

There are lots of ways to play, and the key for me is to play the way I do and get a feel for each nbr, I confess I delete 0s, and non table clearers, and then I hope they just weren't playing, cause I don't wanna make anybody feel bad!! It can be frustrating until you find a rhythm.

While some nbrs still kind of come and go, my nbrs I have had for awhile have just been treasures! :-)

trace35
07-05-12, 12:46 AM
I think I will remove my 'please leave msg' msg. You guys are right. If they don't leave a msg, and I don't tip them back, then they might delete me, but that's ok. They will find a new Nbr who plays the same way they do.
I'm sure I will find a Nbr to replace them too! Thanx for the insight everyone 