PDA

View Full Version : 1 Day Crops...inconsistent

DoubleZ
05-12-12, 12:12 AM
Most of us like to plant our similarly timed crops together to add a bit of design to our farms, so when it says a crop will take "1 day" to grow, we should naturally assume this means 24 hours. NOT! When FS was first released, we quickly learned that "1 day" actually meant 22 hours, which is perfectly fine. We became accustomed to this and timed our crops accordingly. However, when all those holiday crops hit last fall and winter, the "1 day" crops took 24 hours to grow, which really messed with my personal design. The recently released yellow azalea "1 day" crop only takes 22 hours to grow, so one would think we were back to how it was originally. NOT! I just planted my first round of red carnation, another "1 day" crop, in a planned pattern with the yellow azalea only to discover that the red carnation takes 24 hours to grow. So now, I have to wait 2 hours after the yellow azalea is ready before anyone can see the design in full bloom.

Honestly, it really doesn't matter if it's 22 or 24 hours (I personally prefer 22), but good grief, make up your mind! Make a decision one way or the other and be consistent! It's almost like there's no communication between designers and definitely no guidelines in place.

DAmanding
05-12-12, 09:32 AM
I would also like consistency and I REALLY prefer the 22 hour crops. That way I can start something growing when I wake up and it will be ready for me to replant the next morning when I wake up. Otherwise it gradually gets pushed out to being finished later and later in the day as my schedule doesn't always allow for me to get to it at exactly the same time.

pinkster73
05-12-12, 03:40 PM
I agree. It's annoying.

TimeForACuppaTea
05-12-12, 03:53 PM
Completely agree. I just planted a full farm of red carnations and was surprised to see that they would take a full 24 hours. I also prefer 22 hours. But yes, consistency would be really nice.

julicius
05-12-12, 04:44 PM
They should just stop writing stuff in days and just put down how many hours it needs. It's not like we can't calculate how many hours each day has...
Even after being planted they keep saying "3 days" rather then "71h 58m". What good does it do to know you need to wait 3 days? I'd rather know how many exact hours it needs to that I can replant in time, or choose to leave them standing for a couple of hours or days because I'm too busy with work. I already lost a 20x20 patch of some crop at the beginning because the hours didn't add up to the amount of days it displayed. I even thought I made a mistake myself, not knowing the game was decided that a day only lasts 22 hours...

ButterPanda
05-12-12, 05:11 PM
thanks for the feedback. I am not sure why some are 22 and others are 24 but Ill pass this on to the devs.

ariesblu
05-12-12, 05:14 PM
I agree. Consistency is something they should strive for.

DoubleZ
05-12-12, 06:42 PM
I would also like consistency and I REALLY prefer the 22 hour crops. That way I can start something growing when I wake up and it will be ready for me to replant the next morning when I wake up. Otherwise it gradually gets pushed out to being finished later and later in the day as my schedule doesn't always allow for me to get to it at exactly the same time.

Exactly!!

DoubleZ
05-12-12, 06:43 PM
thanks for the feedback. I am not sure why some are 22 and others are 24 but Ill pass this on to the devs.

Thanks, BP!

nmishii
05-14-12, 09:45 PM
The first 24 hr one day crop introduced was the forget-me-not. Here is the response TL gave kooky:

I got word back and it looks like there is not a glitch with the forget-me-nots.
"1 Day", it's just a rounded number. It doesn't refer to an exact time; just the approximate time until this crop needs to be tended to.

sorry guys.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17506-Forget-Me-Nots-24-hrs&highlight=forget-me-not

Note that the forget-me-nots, breadfruit tree, and peppermint trees were all released as 24 hrs. Then one day they changed them all to 22 hrs. Then right after that they started releasing 24 hr crops/trees again.

sehana
05-14-12, 11:11 PM
I prefer the 22 hrs also.

Also hard to be accurate for chart updating :p if the hours are inconsistent. Espicially when it comes to 46 or 48 hrs.

nmishii
05-16-12, 07:00 PM
I just got a notification on Farm, which was surprising since I wasn't expecting any crops to be ready now. My red carnations were ready to harvest. Apparently they were changed to 22 hr crops sometime between Sunday and now. The magic egg tree and shamrock tree are still 24 hrs.

Thanks TL for changing the red carnations to 22 hrs.

DoubleZ
05-17-12, 08:27 PM
I just got a notification on Farm, which was surprising since I wasn't expecting any crops to be ready now. My red carnations were ready to harvest. Apparently they were changed to 22 hr crops sometime between Sunday and now. The magic egg tree and shamrock tree are still 24 hrs.

Thanks TL for changing the red carnations to 22 hrs.

I second this! THANK YOU for listening, TL, and making the change!!

DAmanding
05-18-12, 07:29 AM
Can you please change all the other 24 hour crops to 22 hours now? Thank you!

DoubleZ
05-23-12, 12:53 AM
Can you please change all the other 24 hour crops to 22 hours now? Thank you!

Where's the 'LIKE' button??