PDA

View Full Version : bakery designs

princessbella99
05-11-12, 08:49 PM
can u guys give me some suggestions for my bakery design, cos i have no idea! ;)

AnnasCoffee
05-11-12, 09:32 PM
You can check out this thread to get some ideas... http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?19659-Show-off-Your-Bakery.

It's up to you what you want to do in your bakery. We all have different ways of playing the game. Some people focus on decorating. Some people focus on making coin profit or experience points. Some people have lots of tables (for tips). Some people have lots of different colored tables and chairs and lots of big decorations. Some people have simple bakeries. Some are small, some are big.

That's what makes it fun... You decide whats right for your place.

I just had mostly cheap white tables and few decorations in my bakery for the first 6 months or so... until I saved up enough gems to some decorative tables and wall hangings. Something will inspire you sooner or later. Pick your favorite decoration and build a design around that. What do you have in your bakery now? Can you post a picture?

princessbella99
05-12-12, 10:44 PM
sorry do not know how to :(

sourlicorice2
05-13-12, 12:11 AM
This is princessbellas Bakery.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/dangit1234/0c772c62.jpg

princessbella99
05-13-12, 12:24 AM
This is princessbellas Bakery.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/dangit1234/0c772c62.jpg

AnnasCoffee
05-13-12, 06:52 PM
First i must say this... I firmly believe every person should decorate their bakery their OWN way. It doesn't matter what other people think... It's your bakery :).

But since princessbella asked, here are my decorating thoughts in Bakery Story...

I really like your green tables with the white flowers and your lemon trees, these two items look really nice together. I would build around these items and put most of your other items in storage. I would chose wallpaper and flooring to coordinate with the tables.

These "spaces" we have to design are small. Because there isn't a lot of space it's very easy for bakeries to become crowded. Most people have about 40 - 100 tables and at least 30 food counters. In the picture above there are about 80 tables and 40 food counters. That's a lot considering the total number of "squares" is 220.

To add to the crowded feeling, there are new decorations every week. Everyone seems to want the "new items". In my opinion... This makes a crowded, messy look. I also think everyone's bakeries look the same because everyone has everything and everyone has ALL the colors of the rainbow in their bakery. Or because people spend money to open boxes, then they don't want to store the items.... They have too much stuff and it just looks messy (IMO). A lot of special items = nothing is truly special anymore.

To make your bakery truly special, I think, it looks better to select two or three main colors. Even in large spaces, designers usually only use 3 colors at the MOST. These "bakeries" are too small for anything more (unless you divide your bakery into separate rooms). NOTE: neutral colors like white and light yellow don't count.

So in summary, this is what I would recommend. But, please do what ever you think will make YOU happy...

1. Decrease the number of tables and food counters
2. Put most of your decorative items in storage and stick to one theme
3. Select two or three colors (or section off "rooms". And use only 2 or three colors per room).

And remember... You can always put things back the way they were if you don't like it:).

One more disclaimer... This is all only my opinion. What one person calls "messy", another person calls "interesting". My bakery is so organized and monochromatic that is BORING. Please feel free to take this advise with a grain of salt:)

catgirl477
05-13-12, 11:21 PM
Try this for table layout ideas
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23898-Bakery-Story-Table-layout-Ideas

princessbella99
05-15-12, 12:22 AM
thanks i will think about it in two weeks. because i have exams and imy ipod was taken away :( thanks for all the help