PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not making money in dragon story?

lindsayh942edition
05-11-12, 08:31 PM
I can't buy anything because i can't afford it

sparks229
05-11-12, 08:42 PM
ME!!!!!!!! I can't even plant the berries that cost 50 copious because I only have 22 coins!! =/

lindsayh942edition
05-11-12, 08:52 PM
ME!!!!!!!! I can't even plant the berries that cost 50 copious because I only have 22 coins!! =/

Me either! I tried hatching a fire dragon to sell thinking thatmight be how you make the money but nooe the dragon cost 100 and only sells for 10! Add me maybe we can help each other

maguar
05-11-12, 09:28 PM
Collect from your dragons, grow food, feed dragons collect more.
It takes a while but you'll start getting $hundreds/hour for each dragon.
Invest in more habitats and dragons. Crossbreed to get rare dragons which can earn more.

333paddington
05-11-12, 10:36 PM
I just made half a million since this morning

sunstorm01
05-11-12, 10:38 PM
It is a bit slow to begin with. It's taken me a few weeks and now I'm making more money. But it is a tad boring.

apec714
05-11-12, 11:36 PM
It is defiantly hard to start but it will pickup and soon you'll be sitting on 750k coins waiting for something to do main goal is number of habitats always have max habitats i think I make 2500 on every red habitat every 30 minutes now. And all my others are around 30 min til they max on coins to but hang in there and it'll pickup

Feel free to add me
Id: apec714

redbites
05-12-12, 01:57 AM
I'm having more trouble leveling up not making money. Anyone have any tips?

333paddington
05-12-12, 03:18 AM
Hi red, grow lots of 30 second food, and decorate, that's where the xp mainly comes from.

I try to collect from my dragons every hour, each habitat has a maximum of coins then it can't go higher till collected.

Big tip is don't rush, it's not a race, take your time and enjoy it.

Limaxa
05-12-12, 04:48 AM
I'm Not making Money.. And not exp^^

Faelinsara
05-12-12, 05:00 AM
everything is so expensive in the game, either time wise or coin wise. I mean I just put a dragon on the evolution temple and its going to take 3 days! And hatchings and breedings take 15 hours! I really enjoyed this game at first but then they made the wait times longer and upped the cost of everything and now its not so fun anymore.

Faelinsara
05-12-12, 05:00 AM
still playing though, hoping to build up enough gold to buy a second nest from friend gifts, but that's going to take awhile. Hopefully things will even out, once I have everything set up for my dragons and don't have to buy anything new.

PinkStarbelly
05-12-12, 05:06 AM
everything is so expensive in the game, either time wise or coin wise. I mean I just put a dragon on the evolution temple and its going to take 3 days! And hatchings and breedings take 15 hours! I really enjoyed this game at first but then they made the wait times longer and upped the cost of everything and now its not so fun anymore.

Seems like the waiting time varies for players just like in Pet Hotel. Aside from that, it seems like breeding and hatching evgs takes different amount of hours each time. The longest I've had to wait was 18hrs while shortest was 4 hrs, I think. Give it Some time and you might have better luck and what paddington mentioned, try to enjoy it instead of rushing. The game doesn't have as many different dragons like Bakery Story has recipes. So if everything was so easily achieved, we'd have all the dragons within a week and get bored :)

lindsayh942edition
05-12-12, 07:03 AM

Yeah and i hate how they don't tell you how long it'll take until you actually do it

mymummy789
05-12-12, 07:40 AM
Yeah and i hate how they don't tell you how long it'll take until you actually do it

I think that is my biggest problem with this game. I need to know how long something will take so I know if I will be around at the end. Real life has to carry on despite the dragons, lol.

sparks229
05-12-12, 11:05 AM

lol edit: 50 because

PinkStarbelly
05-12-12, 02:18 PM
I woke up today with a big chunk of coins, went from last night's level 9 to lev 10 this morning. I just bought 2 new habitats to make room for my up upcoming dragons ao not I'm just chillin waiting for coins to roll in while my dragons are breeding and evolving (my first 2 days evo). So try being patient until you reach level 10 and it'll definitely get more interesting! :)

Faelinsara
05-12-12, 07:14 PM
I agree. They should tell us how long something is going to take before we commit to it.

SlightlyJaded
05-17-12, 08:07 PM
It takes a bit but it will come. Keep in mind the bigger your dragon the more coin he generates per hour. Also, when you can afford it upgrade your habitats to large ones. They also generate more coin.

queentina3
05-17-12, 08:11 PM
The other thing to do is to try to have as many habitats as possible, this way the amount of coin a habitat can make you can use for just 1 dragon. I'm out of room so I can't get more right now, plus I'm low on coin, but as soon as I'm able to I'm going to buy a few extra large habitats and move some of my dragons around. Having 3 level 7-10 dragons on one habitat will fill it up much quicker and you'll have to check your game hourly in order to capitalize on it.

bdocc
09-29-12, 06:54 AM
I have lots of money 2.000.000 coins and I'm level 30��

fluffot
02-06-13, 05:46 AM
well, everytime i open dragon story i?ve lost about 1000coinsand i have no idea why!? anyone else with the same problem

wassupbaby
02-06-13, 06:31 AM
New players will have a verry hard time for sure. Wait until you expand then dont have enough coins to clear the trees and rocks =]] My advice : buy some gold otherwise it'll take months , seriously MONTHS , to get to the point when habitats start making coins .

iaweforfun
02-06-13, 06:45 AM
I make about 300-600k a day. Depends on how much i check it.

dhj1401
02-06-13, 09:47 AM
To: sparks229 Just visited your island, it's terrible. You don't have any habitat or dragon, that's why you can't make anymoney. You spent all the money to clear the plants. That was so wrong. I guess you should contact TL to restart your game. Good luck

J85909266
02-06-13, 11:48 AM
I have $13million+ silver.

cedkugedchgd
02-06-13, 11:51 AM
To: sparks229 Just visited your island, it's terrible. You don't have any habitat or dragon, that's why you can't make anymoney. You spent all the money to clear the plants. That was so wrong. I guess you should contact TL to restart your game. Good luck

i think sparks229 isn't using the account you were adding...

ChNPP
04-12-13, 02:48 AM
From which level do you have a little bit more money to spend. I wanted to remove some dumb bitter bark tree, but to remove that darn thing I have to lay down 800.000 coins. So I try to save some move but it is nearly impossible I already have a lack of space for placing habitats!

DragonTan1
04-12-13, 03:00 AM
From which level do you have a little bit more money to spend. I wanted to remove some dumb bitter bark tree, but to remove that darn thing I have to lay down 800.000 coins. So I try to save some move but it is nearly impossible I already have a lack of space for placing habitats!

I suggest you stop buying stuff, like food and the decorations that the goals tells you to. Evolve the highest earner to Epic form, and when you breed try for a Diamond dragon.

I remember I wasn't getting much, but now thanks to the army of Diamond hybrids I can get 1.5 - 2 million a day, which is a lot right now. It costs me 200+ to expand and trees costing 800k isn't a problem at all or me.

kurebiz
04-12-13, 03:48 AM
if you urgently need coins, it might help to not use enchanted farm food for a while. helps a lot, even though food production is slow.

annbluebird
04-12-13, 04:59 AM
I just made half a million since this morning

I dont understand your need to say that .. good for you. people ask help here..

ChNPP
04-14-13, 06:00 AM
I suggest you stop buying stuff, like food and the decorations that the goals tells you to. Evolve the highest earner to Epic form, and when you breed try for a Diamond dragon.

I remember I wasn't getting much, but now thanks to the army of Diamond hybrids I can get 1.5 - 2 million a day, which is a lot right now. It costs me 200+ to expand and trees costing 800k isn't a problem at all or me.

Which dragon did you use to get diamond?!

kwhales
04-14-13, 06:14 AM
I dont understand your need to say that .. good for you. people ask help here..

You do realize you responded to a post that was written almost a year ago?

If you need coins, collect often from your habitats and make sure you clear them from sparkles. Every time someone visits, they leave 250 coins. Doesn't seem like a lot but if each visit gives you 1,500 coins, it will add up. Make sure you have your dragons in the right habitat. Don't put high coin return dragons in low paying habitats. Do some research, and the coins will come. Remember, you only need 1 red habitat, for fire and ruby (IOS). Sell the rest and put those dragons in higher paying habitats.

NikoDrake
04-14-13, 07:36 AM
Lol cos I'm android and not ios I have 13 million coins and nothing to buy!
Be glad you have nice decor ect and no cash, it's no fun having a tonne of cash and nothing to buy!

kurebiz
04-14-13, 07:48 AM
Lol cos I'm android and not ios I have 13 million coins and nothing to buy!
Be glad you have nice decor ect and no cash, it's no fun having a tonne of cash and nothing to buy!

Just save it. I reckon future dragon colours might involve more pricey habitats. TL needs to control the economy after all..

Which dragon did you use to get diamond?!

You can refer to the diamond thread for more combinations, any 4 colour would do.
Personally got mine with winter and life.

annbluebird
04-14-13, 07:55 AM
You do realize you responded to a post that was written almost a year ago?

If you need coins, collect often from your habitats and make sure you clear them from sparkles. Every time someone visits, they leave 250 coins. Doesn't seem like a lot but if each visit gives you 1,500 coins, it will add up. Make sure you have your dragons in the right habitat. Don't put high coin return dragons in low paying habitats. Do some research, and the coins will come. Remember, you only need 1 red habitat, for fire and ruby (IOS). Sell the rest and put those dragons in higher paying habitats.

Tyvm but I am level 73 and it is ok for me! I just understand why people need to act like roasters "huh you dont have money ! Haha I have millions and dont know what to do with haha" like this last post wich hasnt a year old!

annbluebird
04-14-13, 07:57 AM
Meant "just DONT understnd..."

bunjiexs
04-14-13, 08:01 AM
Tyvm but I am level 73 and it is ok for me! I just understand why people need to act like roasters "huh you dont have money ! Haha I have millions and dont know what to do with haha" like this last post wich hasnt a year old!

I agree! Some people are not fair!

salinho
04-14-13, 10:13 AM
And some people go around boasting how many diamonds they have, or how easily they got this or that dragon. Like today someone's post was like "oh i have 4 peacocks". Yeah, olkay buddy. Good for you.

People like to boast I guess.

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-14-13, 10:15 AM
And some people go around boasting how many diamonds they have, or how easily they got this or that dragon. Like today someone's post was like "oh i have 4 peacocks". Yeah, olkay buddy. Good for you.

People like to boast I guess.

I saw that too.... : /

harrysatchel2112
04-14-13, 10:26 AM
If you want money, buy as many habitats as you can, even if you have just one dragon in them, it adds up.

Boogie083
04-14-13, 11:01 AM
For a newbie like myself i suggest having green habitats with the 1000 coin cap.

i don't read guides/faq unless i am completely lost or stuck, prefer to learn from my own mistakes... so anyway, i h ave two green habitats, upgrading the red one, and a yellow habitat. breed and evolve once per day and complete one goal per day (or try at least). check once or twice per hour for coins and visitors to visit for xp. not much else to do on Kindle and I like it that way as a slow-paced player.:D

ChNPP
04-14-13, 11:01 AM
I didn't saw that this post was almost 1 year ago! *blush*

bunjiexs
04-14-13, 12:55 PM
I didn't saw that this post was almost 1 year ago! *blush*

Only from december, not so far

kwhales
04-14-13, 01:25 PM
Only from december, not so far

May 2012. But it still applies.

DragonTan1
04-14-13, 02:10 PM
At first I found it hard but not now. I was lucky when I first started though, getting super rare dragons (Elf, Forestfire & Mermaid) that make a lot of coins helped a lot.

bunjiexs
04-14-13, 03:06 PM

This is because you guys write the dates in a different way!! We write day/month/year and you write month/day/year ......

bunjiexs
04-14-13, 03:08 PM

I understand that precision is very important in that case tsss

salinho
04-14-13, 03:32 PM
This is because you guys write the dates in a different way!! We write day/month/year and you write month/day/year ......

Exactly. Because that makes sense. But americans like making stuff in ways that make no sense: dates, clothes sizes, measurements...xD

opanugie
04-14-13, 03:40 PM
now i'm lvl 94 and dont have diamont yet, maybe a little tips might works to get the coins,
1. patient :)
2. open the game regulary every 1 hour and collect the coins
3. grow the food, take the the 5 hours pumpwings
4. food the dragon patiently until epic form

DragonTan1
04-14-13, 03:46 PM
Exactly. Because that makes sense. But americans like making stuff in ways that make no sense: dates, clothes sizes, measurements...xD

lmao :D

bunjiexs
04-15-13, 07:14 AM

hahar yep but they could say the same ! (sorry off topic)

ChNPP
04-16-13, 04:01 AM
At first I found it hard but not now. I was lucky when I first started though, getting super rare dragons (Elf, Forestfire & Mermaid) that make a lot of coins helped a lot.

Grads, I got the night dragon & Virtue Dragon very fast pure luck I guess, and then I wanted to be brave and go for the diamond at level 41 at the moment with Fireworks - Forest, and got a night dragon again. I am not complaining, surely not but I can't afford the small habitat at the moment not to mention the large one! Now I can't breed an other egg until I've got enough money to buy a second habitat since the big one is longer waiting! not even to speak about the mythic habitat! *sigh*

ChNPP
04-16-13, 04:07 AM
now i'm lvl 94 and dont have diamont yet, maybe a little tips might works to get the coins,
1. patient :)
2. open the game regulary every 1 hour and collect the coins
3. grow the food, take the the 5 hours pumpwings
4. food the dragon patiently until epic form

Ow thank you, I just stopped with growing food but usually I planted the Pumpwings at daytime and the Eliteleeks at night.
I have more than a dozen dragons waiting to be evolved whaha, so I'm busy for a while. other than that I don't know which one to epic at first. I've got water, fire, air, forest, fruitful, life to epic.

DragonOwner001
01-08-14, 09:51 AM
Any other tips to make money?

I get some money then end up wasting it on food -_-!

LemonadeMouth173
01-08-14, 10:45 AM
I completely understand low lvl islands. Im lvl 100+ and i have 100+ dragons . I can get over 1 mil / day but i spend all on food. Great dragons demand alot of food. I have now 8 mils left and i need to pay 1 mil on an expansion. Go figure!:)

LemonadeMouth173
01-08-14, 10:54 AM
Just plant cheap food and fill all ur habs or buy more habs and fill them. More dragons ,more money! Good luck!

DragonOwner001
01-08-14, 11:07 AM
Yeah lol. But more dragon = more habitats and more habitats = more expansions!

And obviously more expansion = more money haha.

I mean if you guys can look at my island and give me some tips on whether I should sell some habitats and dragons or buy some more?

Storm ID; DragonOwner001

Thanks

belbar22
01-08-14, 11:21 AM
I have just visited you. I had to invite you so feel free to decline if you want. You have a lot of low earning habitats and habitats which only have 1 dragon in it. Rather than spend valuable food on levelling up fires and forests, I would spend money on levelling up higher income dragons which should then be placed in higher level habitats. I would sell some of your forest and fires, sell or trade duplicate dragons like island and invest in light and pink habitats which earn far more money than green and red. I hope this makes sense

DragonOwner001
01-08-14, 11:39 AM
I have just visited you. I had to invite you so feel free to decline if you want. You have a lot of low earning habitats and habitats which only have 1 dragon in it. Rather than spend valuable food on levelling up fires and forests, I would spend money on levelling up higher income dragons which should then be placed in higher level habitats. I would sell some of your forest and fires, sell or trade duplicate dragons like island and invest in light and pink hoabitats which earn far more money than green and red. I hope this makes sense

Cheers bud and yeah makes sense abit haha, and pink habitats? What would they be ..

LemonadeMouth173
01-08-14, 03:49 PM
Cheers bud and yeah makes sense abit haha, and pink habitats? What would they be ..
Just breed light/ red and ull see pink dragon. Is 33 hrs and soo annoying. Ill get it all the time with any light/ red combo!

ginrae22
01-08-14, 04:01 PM
yeah the problem is that you have to come multiple times a day to collect. If you never collect, you don't make anything. It's not like BS or RS where you leave and surprise when you're back you made this much money. But hang in there. Like they said it takes a while.

Carbuck
01-09-14, 01:10 AM
There is a thread on here called STARTING PLAYERS - How to get Rich. I don't know how to link it to this post. Maybe you can search for it and I think you also might be able to find it in the game guide that has the egg chart that was created by Sehana. I didn't know what I was doing until I started doing research on how to play this game more effectively. I enjoy the game more now.

Hope this helps!

farmerjoeed
01-09-14, 09:58 AM
Check out the game guide...
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide

There is a section halfway down the page that links to a thread called, "starting players how to get rich"

Keep these few pages bookmarked and use them as reference.... Within 3 or 4 months I am now at level 96 collecting over $100000 an hour.

It's slow to start but once your going its a lot of fun.

Sumercarefree
01-09-14, 10:36 AM
Money is easy to get if you collect coins more often. But for beginners it can be difficult as habitats are expensive n it costs a lot to clear the forests to expand. Just hang on play more then you will get the idea. By breeding better dragons you get higher payouts.

Sumercarefree
01-09-14, 10:39 AM
Most of us who have played longer now have too much money, so often we do not bother to collect.
You will enjoy breeding and getting different dragon types.

lorentw
01-09-14, 11:58 AM
I had the same frustration back in October when I started, now I am making nearly 90k an hour, off course I am a little OCD about collecting, maybe even a little "game crazed" as my wife says. :)

cityfan
01-09-14, 07:34 PM
Thanks you guys!!! Lovin Castle Story again :)

Carbuck
01-09-14, 07:42 PM
Check out the game guide...
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide

There is a section halfway down the page that links to a thread called, "starting players how to get rich"

Keep these few pages bookmarked and use them as reference.... Within 3 or 4 months I am now at level 96 collecting over $100000 an hour.

It's slow to start but once your going its a lot of fun.

Thanks. This is what I was referring to. I am glad you linked it in this thread. I just know enough to post and include quotes. That's it! LOL!

Anaboe
01-10-14, 01:45 PM
I'm playing somewhat less than a year now, and am lvl 123. I make about 800.000 in 5 hours... I can't recall ever having real trouble with shortage on money, it's just a matter of frequent visiting and making the right choices. Decoration doesn't do the trick, it's just money (and space)-waisting. And personaly, I think dragons themselves are pretty enough, so they don't need decoration ;)

Hope you have fun!!!

chalupa2030
01-10-14, 04:25 PM
Most of us who have played longer now have too much money, so often we do not bother to collect.

Really? So your collect signs are always present? That would drive me koo koo!

danni7788
01-10-14, 04:59 PM
You will enjoy breeding and getting different dragon types.

I felt that I was finally at this point at almost 30 million, but I was mistaken when I tried to feed and evolve my arctic dragons! Boy did those coins go fast...

sugarlevi
01-11-14, 05:08 AM
I have just visited you. I had to invite you so feel free to decline if you want. You have a lot of low earning habitats and habitats which only have 1 dragon in it. Rather than spend valuable food on levelling up fires and forests, I would spend money on levelling up higher income dragons which should then be placed in higher level habitats. I would sell some of your forest and fires, sell or trade duplicate dragons like island and invest in light and pink habitats which earn far more money than green and red. I hope this makes sense

The problem with those higher earning habitats is that they also cost a lot more coins!

Red rocks only cost you 5000 coins, and earn only 2500, but you will have those 5000 earned back in no time! It only has to be filled up with coins two times to get the cost back. And everything after that is all profit.

The water habitats are 60.000, carry 3600 coins, so they will have to be filled up with coins about 17 times. If you earn about 1000 coins an hour, you could potentially make 19.000 a day (as you can't collect while asleep), still takes three days to earn those coins back. Only then you will start making a profit out of them.

Light and pink habitats, seems nice as they can carry 7200/7500 coins. But are 360.000 coins each for the big ones. Let's say you've got them filled with dragons making about 3000 coins an hour. That is about 60.000 a day, that takes about 6 days to start making a profit!

Besides the dragons also take a lot more apples to gain levels, so leveling them is more expensive.

I would say invest in the cheap habitats first.

And I also think it is a good idea to spread out the dragons. This way you spread out the earnings over several habitats, it will take longer for the habitats to be filled up. But this also means not as many coins will be lost, when you are not in time to collect them.

3 dragons in a fire habitat, each earning 500 coins an hour, give 1500 coins an hour, this means in 1 h and 40 minutes the habitat is full, and coins start getting lost. If you always collect within that time it doesn't really matter. But if you spread them out, 3 habitats each 500 coins, you only have to collect every 5 hours. And within ten hours that habitat has paid for itself. You'll make 20.000 coins extra profit a day.

That does not seem a lot, but if you do the same for the other cheap habitats, it starts to add up fast! And buying those more expensive habitats it not a problem, nor is expanding.