PDA

View Full Version : Why I can't breed Fairy,Eagle,Serpent? Tried the same combination for all 6 times

DragonPwnage
05-11-12, 06:41 PM
Fairy Dragon - I did Forest and Air 6 times all Fruit Dragon
Eagle Dragon - I did Air and Fire 6 times all Firestorm Dragon
Serpent Dragon - I did Water and Forest 6 times all Island Dragon
Each is so time consuming please I want Fairy,Eagle And Serpent Dragon I'm gonna cry if i don't get them. Am I doing the combinations wrong am i just very very very unlucky.... Each take me 10-20 Hours. I'm crying.... T^T

PinkStarbelly
05-11-12, 07:24 PM
Guess you're just very unlucky .. I got Fairy and Eagle after only breeding 3 times total. Try be less fixated on it and try to relax. Maybe if you stop counting, I'll come before you know it :)

phoenixmap
05-16-12, 08:21 AM
holy crab, i have friend now, me either same problem

queentina3
05-16-12, 10:23 AM
I have a Fairy that I bred the Fire + Air with, so it may be that you've just been unlucky or maybe not doing them back-to-back. Try doing a Fire + Water combo then do the Fire + Air again and see if that works. I think that is what I did. I have both the Magic and Fairy eggs in the nests right now from those 2 breedings.

maguar
05-16-12, 03:05 PM
I had some people say that the side you put each colour on matters. one recommended putting the air on the left when trying for an eagle.

TroJKaSam
05-18-12, 05:44 AM
I have all flags. I tried the upgreatdeten and lvl the 6 he. Nothing functioned. Finally I had 10 this Firestorm Dragons. Why can't I make Eagles?

kooky panda
05-18-12, 07:18 AM
I have all flags. I tried the upgreatdeten and lvl the 6 he. Nothing functioned. Finally I had 10 this Firestorm Dragons. Why can't I make Eagles?

Here is how I got an eagle
When Breeding, pick Air dragon first, then the Fire Dragon.

TroJKaSam
05-18-12, 10:39 AM
I made that already 3 time. It does not have nevertheless functioned from these has I now already 11: (

viviansmo
05-18-12, 11:05 AM
it took me a lot of tries to get a wild dragon (whatever the rare red/green combo is) ... I kept getting life dragons regardless of whether I chose red first or green first or used high or low level dragons, or evolved vs not evolved, or already crossbred combos with red or green.

I really think it's like the surprise boxes... there's some percentage chance of getting the rare one, and you just have to keep trying. As long as you mix up red and green...

now I'm trying to decide if I try my luck at the other rare ones... but I still have more common crossbreeds to worry about now that my water dragon is mature.

ladyj0y
05-18-12, 11:29 AM
I got an Eagle, Mindvolt and Fairy One. So I got good Luck yet. But I have Problems to get a Wild, too. I don't care...someday I have them all XDDD

greygull
05-18-12, 11:32 AM
I really think it's like the surprise boxes... there's some percentage chance of getting the rare one, and you just have to keep trying.

That's funny - I thought the exact same thing this morning! I'm asking if the have percentages like the boxes, so we could know :)

queentina3
05-18-12, 11:39 AM
it took me a lot of tries to get a wild dragon (whatever the rare red/green combo is) ... I kept getting life dragons regardless of whether I chose red first or green first or used high or low level dragons, or evolved vs not evolved, or already crossbred combos with red or green.

I really think it's like the surprise boxes... there's some percentage chance of getting the rare one, and you just have to keep trying. As long as you mix up red and green...

now I'm trying to decide if I try my luck at the other rare ones... but I still have more common crossbreeds to worry about now that my water dragon is mature.

It could be like the boxes, as I kept getting Wild and Fruit, but I was able to sneak a Fairy, Magic, Island, and Fairy into that bunch. Firestorm also seems to be a high one for me, as I think I have the 3rd on the nest now from yesterday's breeding. Someone in another thread told me what I have on the breeder now will net me another Magic, based off of the time it's taking to breed, so I'll see later tonight if that's the case.

I really want an Eagle or Serpent, Diamond would be nice but I doubt I'll get one of those before this Century is out if it IS anything like the boxes, as I NEVER get 1st place. LOL

piperazine
05-19-12, 06:37 PM
The egg hasn't hatched yet, but I got what seems to be the fairy egg (green/yellow with brown scale) from fruitful and air dragon (forgot about the order sorry).

hokix
05-19-12, 07:13 PM
Try to breed fruitful and air for fairy, firestorm and air for eagle. I got both of them on my first try. I'm not sure if it's just pure luck, but I think it might work.

mareewat
05-19-12, 10:57 PM
Hi all I have a theory. I seem to have better 'luck' getting rare breeds when I mate higher evolved dragons. Might just be random chance but I am evolving up now in order to chase the ellusive diamond dragon. Cheers

ladysunflower
05-24-12, 04:47 PM
its just in the luck of it all. I'm only lvl 11 and I got a fairy dragon on the 1st breeding of air and forest, and I got the eagle dragon with just 2 breedings. yes, the sides you assign each parent affects the type of baby dragon you get. I'd tell you if i remembered how I put them, sorry :( good luck though

ksbmommy
05-24-12, 04:55 PM
I think its just luck although I swear I have a lucky red dragon. His name is Scorch, he's level 6 and he's brought me an eagle, wild and magic already. He's not getting fed or anything at this point until he lets me down. Anything else I've tried with another red one gets me a common so scorch it is for anything rare I want to try for again.

I'm testing out that theory too on my other color dragons to see if I can find another good guy. My only blue and scorch brought me a magic on the first try so maybe my blue is lucky, I'm going to see if I can find a lucky green or yellow :-)

j_halo7
05-24-12, 09:25 PM
I totally understand your frustration. I kept trying for eagle and fairy and ended up with 4 each of fruitfuls and firestorm. It was so frustrating, I decided to try for other rares and started breeding a water dragon and voila, I'm breeding a serpent dragon now!

Maybe you should give it a rest for the time being and try for other rare dragons. It really is all about luck.

Lukesroblox7
05-25-12, 12:19 AM
I got Wild and Eagle by chance...

RotomGuy
05-25-12, 12:22 AM
I got Serpent first try, but I have tried more times than I can count for that Eagle...

hokix
05-25-12, 12:56 AM
6 Mist in a row now... Each took me 16hrs to breed, 16hrs to hatch.

lwest55
05-25-12, 07:58 AM
I got my eagle after 3 trys but have not gotten Fairy and tried 10 times now. All have been firestorms.

trace35
05-25-12, 06:50 PM
I have had a lot of beginners luck with scorch too! Coincidence?

sehana
05-25-12, 06:52 PM
Not having any luck with fairy and tried 5 times which resulted in fruit dragons :(

Niimue
05-25-12, 10:13 PM
I find it amusing how people don't understand RANDOM.

zoroak
05-26-12, 05:41 AM
I don't think it's random as in 50/50 chance of getting either of say 2 dragons in a specific combo. I reckon but I could be wrong, that rare dragons are a 1/10 chance like 2nd prizes in magic boxes and diamond's 1/100 chance like first prizes, if the combos of breeding pairs are right (with air, water, fire and forest). Common dragons are well, 90%, my guess.

dala12
05-26-12, 09:49 AM
@ hokix , it is true! I have put firestorm and air together and have an eagle eg now!
What I do not understand is that I have water and a fairydragon together and it again count 14 hrs. So an Eagle again but it cannot be One because I ad no red to it. ( fairydragon is green and yellow). I wanted to go for a mindvolt.!

digital_ghost
05-26-12, 10:09 AM
I got an eagle first try but I think I'm on my fourth attempt for fairy. So sick of these fruity dragons. Really wish I could abort these eggs or stop them from finishing breeding. Blegh

dala12
05-26-12, 10:24 AM
Me too! It takes long if you do not use gold.

Littledodo
05-26-12, 01:29 PM
I am lvl 23 now and I have only 1rare dragon - fairy. I tried so many times for eagle but all ended fruitful,life or firestorm. 😢

yandao11
05-26-12, 07:37 PM
@ hokix , it is true! I have put firestorm and air together and have an eagle eg now!
What I do not understand is that I have water and a fairydragon together and it again count 14 hrs. So an Eagle again but it cannot be One because I ad no red to it. ( fairydragon is green and yellow). I wanted to go for a mindvolt.!

im also using firestorm and air.. it finally states they need to mate for 14hrs instead of the usual 12.. i have got like 6fire storms now man..

its finally an eagle coming right ? ill only know in 14hrs..

moonlightknight
05-26-12, 07:49 PM
Yes, that is an ealge dragon. 6 firestroms later I got mine

Littledodo
05-27-12, 12:22 AM
7 firestorms now,still no eagle. T_T

Niimue
05-27-12, 01:44 PM
Here's an example of how probability (random chance) works:

Let's assume there is a 1 in 4 chance of getting a rare dragon.
Round 1 - Using the 1:4 assumption on average, for every 100 people breeding dragons, 25 will be lucky and get a rare their first time.
Round 2 - If the 75 unlucky people all bred again, around 19 of them would get a rare dragon the second try, leaving around 56 unhappy people. Meanwhile, if the 25 lucky people bred again, around 6 of them would get 2 rares in a row. Those lucky people will likely come to the forums and tell everyone how easy it was for them!
Round 3 - If those 56 unhappy people went another round, around 14 more would get a rare dragon, leaving around 42 very annoyed people.
Round 4 - The 42 very annoyed people breed again, and only around 11 of them get rares. Now there are 31 of 100 pissed off breeders, wondering why they didn't get a dragon after 4 rounds. Some might be thinking - the odds are 1 in 4, and they bred 4 times, so they should have gotten a rare one, right?
Round 10 - Using the same odds, after 10 rounds, 5 of the 100 people (on average) will be extremely unlucky and still not have a rare dragon. Meanwhile, most other breeders will already have 2 or 3 dragons.

By the way, with 1 in 4 odds, you don't get greater 99% probability of get at least 1 rare until you go 16 rounds. The poor person who is 0 for 16 definitely has a right to complain.

That's random for you.

doraemon1121
05-27-12, 02:31 PM
After trying 5 attempts for fairy (but got Fruitful) and 3 attempts for Eagle (but got firmstorms) together (I tried it one by one after each failure)
now seems i got a fairy in the breeding den as it shows the breeding hours is 8 hrs,
and i want to scream....... finally got 1 rare dragon after the magic (magic does not count in as i think you must get a purple for red+blue since there are no alternative for this combination)

dawnelee1958
05-27-12, 04:17 PM
I have gotten all of the rare dragons except for the diamond. I don't think it was luck as much as it was the amount of $$ I spent on gold to rapid breed and hatch. I spent $50.00 last evening and did nothing with it but breed and hatch. Most of the rare I got when I bought at least the $9.00 package. Maybe it's just coincidence, maybe not. Judy my own theory.

dawnelee1958
05-27-12, 04:19 PM
Sorry..darned spell checker..it should read "just my own theory". ������

mattyboo1
05-27-12, 04:24 PM
Sorry..darned spell checker..it should read "just my own theory". ������
Would help if we could edit our posts
I can't star breeding rates until I have enough coins to farm food

sweetstuff525
05-27-12, 04:25 PM
I have gotten all of the rare dragons except for the diamond. I don't think it was luck as much as it was the amount of $$ I spent on gold to rapid breed and hatch. I spent $50.00 last evening and did nothing with it but breed and hatch. Most of the rare I got when I bought at least the $9.00 package. Maybe it's just coincidence, maybe not. Judy my own theory.
I think it just luck... But I have every dragon except for mindvolt and diamond and guess what I've wasted 0 real money...I wouldn't since eventually if I'm lucky enough I'll get one of each by trying and trying

doraemon1121
05-28-12, 06:17 AM
After trying 5 attempts for fairy (but got Fruitful) and 3 attempts for Eagle (but got firmstorms) together (I tried it one by one after each failure)
now seems i got a fairy in the breeding den as it shows the breeding hours is 8 hrs,
and i want to scream....... finally got 1 rare dragon after the magic (magic does not count in as i think you must get a purple for red+blue since there are no alternative for this combination)

Yeah I just got my fairy egg being hatched
now I put Fire and Air in the breeding den after I suceeded in the fairy dragon
and it is taking 14 hrs
so I also got an Eagle dragon breeding after the success of Fairy Dragon
Finally got those two rare dragons!!!

moonlightknight
05-28-12, 06:38 AM
Congrats :)

jasonngjr
05-28-12, 10:29 AM
Can someone please please help me? I've been trying to breed an eagle dragon but I kept failing. I have 11 firestorm dragons now and one on the way. Sold 2 firestorm dragons, so in total I've breed 14 of them. It is so demoralizing that I feel like quitting. Is it even possible to fail 14 times?! My ID is jasonngjr, you can check out how many firestorms I have. I've used quite a number of golds to hasten up the breeding/hatching time because of the continuous failure.

jasonngjr
05-28-12, 10:36 AM
Guess what, I just bought up some gold and tried twice again, 2 firestorms. I kept wasting money and I really feel like crying.

sweetstuff525
05-28-12, 10:36 AM
Can someone please please help me? I've been trying to breed an eagle dragon but I kept failing. I have 11 firestorm dragons now and one on the way. Sold 2 firestorm dragons, so in total I've breed 14 of them. It is so demoralizing that I feel like quitting. Is it even possible to fail 14 times?! My ID is jasonngjr, you can check out how many firestorms I have. I've used quite a number of golds to hasten up the breeding/hatching time because of the continuous failure.

Just keep trying... Try not to use gold to speed up it's not worth it good luck

jasonngjr
05-28-12, 10:39 AM
It feels like it's 0% to get an eagle dragon, guys I failed 16 times. I don't think anyone is as unlucky as me.

rubyredrhum
05-28-12, 12:19 PM
I got my first Eagle dragon by breeding Water(levl5) ♥ Air (levl7)

jasonngjr
05-28-12, 11:07 PM
Moderators, I'm sorry but I have to quit this game. I can't keep letting it ruin my day. You should totally put the eagle dragon as an ultra rare. It's impossible to get it, for me. I've failed 17 times already. I don't know how many people have the exact same problem as me, but I can't take it anymore. Lovely & addictive game, the dragons are cute and awesome. I've given myself too many chances, kept thinking that I was just unlucky, and kept trying, but that's it.

doraemon1121
05-29-12, 01:16 AM
yes i got an eagle dragon hatching now
next i am trying to breed a diamond dragon
as rumors have confirmed,
i am using a firestorm and Island
first it comes up a fruitful
i am trying the second time with the same combination
it comes up with 16 hrs for breeding
i think it is a Mist

doraemon1121
05-29-12, 01:19 AM

Yeah I just got my fairy egg being hatched
now I put Fire and Air in the breeding den after I suceeded in the fairy dragon
and it is taking 14 hrs
so I also got an Eagle dragon breeding after the success of Fairy Dragon
Finally got those two rare dragons!!!

i think it is a Mist

i think it is a Mist

doraemon1121
05-29-12, 01:25 AM
Moderators, I'm sorry but I have to quit this game. I can't keep letting it ruin my day. You should totally put the eagle dragon as an ultra rare. It's impossible to get it, for me. I've failed 17 times already. I don't know how many people have the exact same problem as me, but I can't take it anymore. Lovely & addictive game, the dragons are cute and awesome. I've given myself too many chances, kept thinking that I was just unlucky, and kept trying, but that's it.

hmm... i recommend you tried other combination first and then switch back to Eagle
before i tried Fairy for several times but failed
i was feeling frustrated so i switched to breed a Eagle instead
but also failed 3 times
afterwards i switched back to fairy and i got one
i think switching to different combination can help you to relax a bit
plus, do not waste your gold
i don't think using gold can help you to get a rare dragon easier
it all depends on luck and random
just treat it as a 1 day game, do not focus too much

rubyredrhum
05-29-12, 02:05 AM
I think Mist and Eagle breeding times are actually d other around... It says in d guide 14 hrs for Eagle and 16 hrs for Mist
When i had a breeding for 14 hrs i thought i was gnna hav an Eagle but when i got the egg, it was a Mist dragon egg

doraemon1121
05-29-12, 07:30 AM
I think Mist and Eagle breeding times are actually d other around... It says in d guide 14 hrs for Eagle and 16 hrs for Mist
When i had a breeding for 14 hrs i thought i was gnna hav an Eagle but when i got the egg, it was a Mist dragon egg

not sure maybe TL is changing the time!?
but i did get a Eagle fro 14 hrs

crystalrayn3
05-29-12, 07:48 AM

Don't quit simply because you aren't sucessful breeding a certain type of dragon. The whole aim of the game is to create a varied clutch. Keep on trying or perhaps work on a different type of dragon. Give it time. Patience is a major requirement, but it does pay off.

jasonngjr
05-29-12, 11:10 AM

Omg I thought it was an eagle dragon too, I was so happy and so excited to see the eagle as I thought I finally breed it and spent gold to hasten the process because I was too excited, but then sigh, it was a mist dragon.

jasonngjr
05-29-12, 11:13 AM
Don't quit simply because you aren't sucessful breeding a certain type of dragon. The whole aim of the game is to create a varied clutch. Keep on trying or perhaps work on a different type of dragon. Give it time. Patience is a major requirement, but it does pay off.

Yeah I'm playing back now, but the feeling of failing 17 times, it just suck you know and it completely ruin many of my days, each time I think that I've spent so much gold on it that I actually can buy an eagle dragon egg with that amount of gold, I feel freaking unfair and sad, especially I hear from people that they got it in their first try. But I'm fine now, thanks anyway. (:

coolgamegirl27
05-29-12, 11:21 AM
I feel your pain jasonngjr, I got 12 Mist before I managed to get a Mindvolt. I bred an Eagle using Air10 & Fire4 in that order if it helps. Good Luck :)

DragonPwnage
05-29-12, 11:47 AM
Don't worry i tried breeding the rares only got one of each took me each 10+ times got like 10 fruitful,firestorm,island,mists so your not the only one after i got the one rare i dont even bother getting more... now im trying for diamond...

doraemon1121
05-29-12, 11:55 AM
i think it is a Mist

Just got my second attempted egg hatching on the nest,
yes it is a Mist

Trying the third attemp to breed a diamond
failed again
the breeding time is 20 hrs now

not sure whether it is a Magic or an Island

Julzyfox
05-29-12, 09:22 PM
I try to do breedings at night so they just do their thing while I sleep, and I don't have to be all frustrated 83. But otherwise I'm kinda brand new to the game so I don't have anything special yet... ._.

Hobtuse
05-29-12, 09:52 PM
i'm into my 20th failed attempt at a Diamond Dragon haha and I have to wait another 10 hrs to finish breeding the umpteen Fruitful Dragon.

Was hoping that while trying for a Diamond Dragon, the failed attempts could result in the rare dragons and I managed to get a Wild Dragon out of the Firestorms, Life, Mist, Island and Fruitful Dragons.
That's just part of the game. Makes it all the more sweeter when u finally get it.

piperazine
05-30-12, 01:03 AM
I just bred a Serpent and a Magic (both level 10), and I got a breeding time of 10 hours. I know 10 hours is for fruitful, but seeing that I don't have any air element involved, how could this be?

crystalrayn3
05-30-12, 01:06 AM
i'm into my 20th failed attempt at a Diamond Dragon haha and I have to wait another 10 hrs to finish breeding the umpteen Fruitful Dragon.

Was hoping that while trying for a Diamond Dragon, the failed attempts could result in the rare dragons and I managed to get a Wild Dragon out of the Firestorms, Life, Mist, Island and Fruitful Dragons.
That's just part of the game. Makes it all the more sweeter when u finally get it.

I agree! gaining the Diamond by breeding instead of purchasing it is a much more rewarding goal

piperazine
05-30-12, 01:16 AM
I just bred a Serpent and a Magic (both level 10), and I got a breeding time of 10 hours. I know 10 hours is for fruitful, but seeing that I don't have any air element involved, how could this be?

Nevermind it is a coral. :'(
I have been trying for a serpent for a week and a half, only got islands so far. any tips?

crystalrayn3
05-30-12, 07:39 AM
I've gotten Serpents while breeding Islands with Firestorms. It was a rare occurence though. Stick with breeding common Water with Fire at the highest levels you have possible.

doraemon1121
05-30-12, 08:20 AM
Just got my second attempted egg hatching on the nest,
yes it is a Mist

Trying the third attemp to breed a diamond
failed again
the breeding time is 20 hrs now

not sure whether it is a Magic or an Island

oops... got an Island egg being hatched on the nest
the 4th attempt
got a Fruitful

doraemon1121
05-30-12, 08:28 AM
the 5th attempt
is a Life

yuimiko
05-30-12, 09:09 AM
I agree! gaining the Diamond by breeding instead of purchasing it is a much more rewarding goal

Agree! Breeding different combination is part of the game and it is fun because I do not know what will the outcome be.
Well, I think that I finally got a Fairy egg (it is hatching on the nest now)
This is my 3rd attempt. I got 2 fruitful before.

doraemon1121
05-30-12, 02:12 PM
i think it is a Mist

oops... got an Island egg being hatched on the nest
the 4th attempt
got a Fruitful

the 5th attempt
is a Life

the 6th attempt is Fruitful again
the 7th attempt is Wild

doraemon1121
05-30-12, 02:16 PM
the 6th atempt is firestorm

Rainydaes
06-01-12, 02:58 PM
More than 20 days of playing this game and 16 of those days were spent trying to breed a fairy & an eagle dragon. =.=
My nest price has gone up. D: From 25 to 250. ;( Should've bought it when it was cheaper.
Anyone else have this problem? I only have one nest. ;(

queentina3
06-01-12, 06:28 PM
I purchased my nests when they were 25 gold, the 4th one is at 3200 gold so I won't be getting another one. LOL

I finally got my Eagle the other day. I still can't get the Serpent. My Eagle finally came through when I bred Air/10 + Fire/10. I had tried so many combinations when this one finally came through for me. I kept getting Firestorms previously. I'm not holding out any hope on getting Serpent or Diamond. I keep ending up with Mists, Islands, or Fruits when trying for the Serpent that I'm close to giving up on him. Diamond I'll get when pigs grow wings, I'm sure. :p

nicolina1988
06-02-12, 01:22 PM
Before I got my first fairy dragon I bred them 10 times, and ended up with ten fruitful dragons. But the eagle dragon and wild dragon I got within three breedings each. You just have to keep trying.

kittycountess
08-20-12, 09:13 AM
Here's a strategy I found that works. For the rarer dragons try going an extra level deeper in order to raise the complexity.

For Fairy choose Air+Fruitful(Air/Forest)
For Eagle choose Air+Firestorm
For Serpent choose Forest+Island

It's still not a guaranty, and it always helps if you evolve your dragons before you breed them, but these worked for me on the very first try.

yuimiko
08-20-12, 09:28 AM
I would suggest to throw up firestorm x island and give a try. Still, need to be patience.

draginraiser
08-20-12, 03:32 PM
They will all come with time and heaps of breeding! Haha but seriously I got five mistmoths before I got a wizard, like wth!? I think it's just chance, keep trying or perhaps use a four colour breed, as I got my wild, 2 x parakeet and a seabreeze from athletic v fruitful/fairy

lylahmae
08-20-12, 05:23 PM
I got a fairy from a life + genie combo.

benbever
08-20-12, 06:09 PM
I also can't breed the fairy and eagle. Tried 6 times with fire+air (or firestorms) and got 6 firestorms. Tried 12 times with forest+air (or with fruit thrown in) and got 12 fruit dragons. I also tried for the wild dragon (the life common only takes 3 hours) and got one on the 11th try. so.. rares are possible.. just very rarely.

Let's assume there is a 1 in 4 chance of getting a rare dragon.

I have bred 45 dragons and got 3 rares and no super rares. So a 1 in 4 chance is a bit optimistic. It's more of a 1 in 15 chance.

I wish this game was more about strategy, or clicking, or social trading, or s**** or whatever.. anything but dumb luck and endless patience.

FredsFarmm
08-21-12, 10:10 AM
It really depends on the statistics used when the program was written. I don't want to discourage anyone but a coin flipped for heads and tails has a 50% chance each time it is tossed to win heads. A 1 in 4 chance means each and every time there is a 1 in 4 chance of winning. Otherwise we wouldn't have some individuals who breed for a dragon and win first time and others take 50 or 100 times. I'm with the individual who suggests changing combos. It doesn't effect your chances and maybe it wont make you to crazy when one more fruitfull shows up.

lisadouk
08-26-12, 10:12 AM
So I think that there is a glitch in the game. I've been playing this game for over 3 months and recently I bought a new iphone. My old account i've been trying to breed a wild dragon for a month and never got it. When I got my new phone I tried to breed wild and got it on my first try....? I don't know if team lava is doing this on purpose but I've been able to get the dragons I wanted except for the diamond and new dragons.... but it is dissapointing that I wasnt able to transfer my account to my new one. I was at level 38 and having to start over :(.

foxxiegirl
08-26-12, 10:21 AM
So I think that there is a glitch in the game. I've been playing this game for over 3 months and recently I bought a new iphone. My old account i've been trying to breed a wild dragon for a month and never got it. When I got my new phone I tried to breed wild and got it on my first try....? I don't know if team lava is doing this on purpose but I've been able to get the dragons I wanted except for the diamond and new dragons.... but it is dissapointing that I wasnt able to transfer my account to my new one. I was at level 38 and having to start over :(.

You should've been able to xfer your acct to the new phone. They have an entire post about how to do it. Tho now that you've put a new storm id on the phone i don't believe you can any longer. :(

Taoshira
08-26-12, 10:46 AM
I have problems with other rares and ultra rares, like the athletic, but i got my eagle by accident, breeding a charm and a fairy. Try breeding combo dragons?
Also, you dont have to wait for the egg to know what dragon ur going to get. Dragons have different breeding times- check 'dragon story lists' post for the breeding time. It helped me :)
Dont worry if u cant get a dragon the 1st time.U'll probably get it eventually.

magicmaker1121
08-27-12, 12:06 AM
For what it's worth, I got my Fairy by breeding Fruitful x Fruitful, and my Eagle *and* Scorpion by breeding Firestorm x Firestorm. For a while I actually thought that breeding two common hybrids would always give me a different hybrid, because I was lucky with that, but I've had plenty of failures that way too. (Still don't have a Serpent, and Island x Island has produced nothing but Islands for me so far.) Still, it might be worth trying! If nothing else, it makes me feel slightly less annoyed at all the Fruitfuls and Firestorms cluttering up the place when they make themselves useful. ^_~

Best of luck!

whitneyxo
08-27-12, 12:12 AM
I can't get wizard or parakeet or diamond or mind volt!!!! So frustrating!!!

carijonas
08-27-12, 02:47 AM
I didn't get a fairy or wild until after I was level 35. Now I keep getting them when breeding for other things... So basically what I'm trying to say is ... Calm down and eat a cupcake. 💜

magicmaker1121
08-27-12, 02:03 PM
For what it's worth, I got my Fairy by breeding Fruitful x Fruitful, and my Eagle *and* Scorpion by breeding Firestorm x Firestorm. For a while I actually thought that breeding two common hybrids would always give me a different hybrid, because I was lucky with that, but I've had plenty of failures that way too. (Still don't have a Serpent, and Island x Island has produced nothing but Islands for me so far.) Still, it might be worth trying! If nothing else, it makes me feel slightly less annoyed at all the Fruitfuls and Firestorms cluttering up the place when they make themselves useful. ^_~

And just to add on to this, I stuck two Corals in the Den this morning and now I have my first Wizard coming! So despite my repeated failures with Islands (and a few cases of Firestorms producing Firestorms too) I'd still call this a pretty good trick.

prettysup
08-28-12, 07:59 AM
I have tried more than 20 times and not a single serpent, do u are luckier than me

dragonian_momma
09-01-12, 04:47 PM
Hopefully, you've gotten you your fairy by now, but if not... I have had success getting fairy's easily by breeding low level (4 or 5) air and forest, on both my iPad and iPhone. Most f my rare breeds have come from breeding low level dragons, I just put a wizard and Titan together, both un-fed level 4, and will be getting a planet out of it... even those came about from low level matches. The only success I have had in epic breeding was to get my first Eagle... Now, even they are becoming common, no matter what level I'm using... Good luck...hope this helped a bit....

DexterXIII
09-05-12, 11:38 AM
I've been trying for ages to get a Fairy... All I keep getting are Fruitfuls. Actually, I'm at level 21 and I still don't have any rare dragon at all. Is that normal? :P

lylahmae
09-05-12, 05:04 PM
#*%@+??√??~?$!!! Firestorm!! That's all I have to say.

isabelcelena
10-04-12, 05:57 PM
Add me IsabelCelena

isabelcelena
10-04-12, 05:58 PM
You can get athletic by breeding blue and red you usually get athletic or magic 50/50 chance

jl0408
10-04-12, 11:13 PM
I got my eagle after the 4th try w/ air & fire. I don't remember what levels, but they would have been mid-level at that point. Only tried for serpent once so far &got an island duplicate. I've lost count on my fairy attempts, somewhere around a dozen w/ no success. I've used from level 4's all the way up to epic. I've switched back & forth from air left &forest right to forest left & air right. I've tried using fruitful w/ air or forest. And I've tried magic w/ air or forest. No fairy, but a bunch of fruitful & frustration. So you're not alone on that one.

AkumaNeko
10-04-12, 11:57 PM
It took me till lvl 54 (iphone) & lvl 49 (iPad) to get fairy (yesterday). Hang in there.

bearwoods08
01-03-13, 02:30 AM
I keep getting eagles all the time, it sux though cause I never was trying for one. I've been going for scorpion for forever to get one ane still no luck. But my fire and air are epic that could be why I get eagles all the time.

flowless
01-03-13, 06:39 AM
i thought fairy and eagel are common i keep getting them like iam getting life