PDA

View Full Version : Not Cool!

tric7400
05-11-12, 12:36 PM
We were playing pet story as a class on my iPad but I have discovered today that one of the babies is sick. I had two choices - pay 2.99 to get enough diamonds to heal it or I could abandon it,

I know that children mostly play this game and it is only a game but kids are greatly influenced by games. When is it okay to abandon your pet? Basically what you are teaching young children is that when your pet gets sick just toss it out on the street or take it to an animal shelter and abandon it! Is that how people work?!

I think your developers need to think about what messages it sends to people, especially children and as a teacher I will not be encouraging children in my class to play this game until the abandon pet function is removed! I will not be paying ?2.99 to heal it either !

Encouraging animals to be abandoned is not cool and I am disappointed that it appears in this game. I work as a volunteer for a dog shelter and believe me there is nothing more heart breaking than seeing a dog being abandoned ! Animals are not disposable and should not be treated as such even in a game.

I hope that this function can be removed from your game ASAP!

Limaxa
05-11-12, 12:44 PM
Yes it's Not the right word.. But is there another possibility.. "**** it" would be worse.. Well it's just a game, and i think Children are clever enough to know that.. In Addition young children are not allowed to play this Game.

tric7400
05-11-12, 12:50 PM
I doubt it , most adults are not clever enough to know that so why assume children are ? Actually by abandoning a pet you are probably sentencing many of them to death anyway !

Denel31
05-12-12, 02:56 PM
We were playing pet story as a class on my iPad but I have discovered today that one of the babies is sick. I had two choices - pay 2.99 to get enough diamonds to heal it or I could abandon it,

I know that children mostly play this game and it is only a game but kids are greatly influenced by games. When is it okay to abandon your pet? Basically what you are teaching young children is that when your pet gets sick just toss it out on the street or take it to an animal shelter and abandon it! Is that how people work?!

I think your developers need to think about what messages it sends to people, especially children and as a teacher I will not be encouraging children in my class to play this game until the abandon pet function is removed! I will not be paying ?2.99 to heal it either !

Encouraging animals to be abandoned is not cool and I am disappointed that it appears in this game. I work as a volunteer for a dog shelter and believe me there is nothing more heart breaking than seeing a dog being abandoned ! Animals are not disposable and should not be treated as such even in a game.

I hope that this function can be removed from your game ASAP!

I agree with Teacher. I am an adult and this happened to me when i sarted playing cause I lost track of time. After that i made sure it did not happen again by calculating time and even set up my alarm. I felt awful when I had to abandoned my pet. It feels real for us animal lovers.

Rachael98
05-12-12, 03:32 PM
The word "abandon" is not appropriate, though young children shouldn't be playing any TeamLava game.

ButterPanda
05-12-12, 05:04 PM
thanks for the feedback. Ill pass it on to our devs.

ariesblu
05-12-12, 05:22 PM
I think those in the specified age range of tl games should know not to take them too seriously. I see your point of view and acknowledge your concern, but at the same time I realize that TL games are not for children (at least below 14).

jellybelly2001
05-12-12, 06:14 PM
The games say 4+ but forums are for 14+

Rhyll
05-13-12, 11:41 PM
The games say 4+ but forums are for 14+

Totally agree. Animal cruelty is disgusting and this term of abandoning should not be promoted

Rhyll
05-13-12, 11:42 PM
Sorry didn't mean to reply to a specific quote

shaninshine
05-14-12, 01:29 PM
I didn't pay attention to it because I never had to abandon my pet, but I totally agree with the posts...

charlilly
05-22-12, 10:30 PM
I play this game with my daughters often watching, whilst I agree the feature is a little harsh for such a cute game, it is also a lesson about the way real life works. If you cant afford the animals vet bill or operation costs what are your alternatives? Even to 'abandon it' at a shelter costs money where I am, otherwise watch it die, very sad. I would rather not see this feature, maybe if we have the vacination table, cleaning stations and baths etc that can prevent them getting sick or at least the cost should be coins NOT gems.

daniellet82
06-08-12, 10:08 AM
I am an animal lover too and it feels awful to have to abandon your pet. Virtual or not. It should not cost gems to heal them.

BlueCanary
06-18-12, 07:16 PM
It would be nicer if it said that they 'ran away' or were 'stolen' rather than being sick and abandoned. Maybe spend gems to catch them or pay a ransom or something.