PDA

View Full Version : Standards for graphics?

bethb6228
05-11-12, 11:17 AM
One thing that makes Bakery Story more enjoyable than RS is the graphics. The TL group who works on the bakery graphics has an eye for design, and the desserts in BS look amazing. On the other hand, I'm going to assume that there's a completely different group of people working on the graphics for RS.
Seriously, the strawberry shortcake would look more edible if my seven year old had designed it and the chicken tenders look like bandaids on a plate.

But I'm noticing that the lack of artistic design is leaking over from RS toBS. The rhubarb pie and the new lemon muffins look like they belong in RS. And too be honest, they don't look right on my counters next to the the pies and cakes that actually look edible.

TL, are you rushing just to give us something new, or did you fire the only talent you had in your graphics department? If I wanted mush on a plate, I would delete BS and limit myself to RS.

bobbyrae
05-11-12, 11:25 AM
Those lemon muffins are huuuuuuuuuuuuuge! One of those muffins and a cup of the white hot cocoa could feed a village!

sparks229
05-11-12, 08:26 PM
The lemon muffins look revolting to me.... But to me the black forest cake is BEATIFUL :)

pinkcherryb
05-11-12, 11:13 PM
I thought they were going for rustic this time around lol the only thing that really "concerns" me is the cartoon to food size ratio. The food is rather large and yes the white hot cocoa mug looks more like their toilet than something to be sipped from.

magnolia312
05-12-12, 12:49 AM
Those lemon muffins are huuuuuuuuuuuuuge! One of those muffins and a cup of the white hot cocoa could feed a village!

Lol
The other day I had the game zoomed in, and got taken aback for a second by the size of the chocolate soy shake and yogurt parfait

bethb6228
05-12-12, 07:28 AM
Lol
The other day I had the game zoomed in, and got taken aback for a second by the size of the chocolate soy shake and yogurt parfait

The lemon muffins are just the cupcakes from RS. Someone just changed the color and the name. Most of the food inBS is amazing...take the kiwi cheesecake!!! Yum!!! But whoever is designing the new food for BS needs a refresher in graphic design. I hope the standards for BS food doesn't lower itself to that of RS.

And yes, the first time I noticed the soy shake I was shocked. Its ten times larger once its in front of a customer :)

shaninshine
05-12-12, 08:22 AM
Lol

Lol, it's unreal....

bethb6228
05-12-12, 10:16 AM
Okay, I have a question off topic.. while in BS you have the option of taking a picture(upper right corner). How do you retrieve those pictures? Where are they kept?

sparks229
05-12-12, 11:21 AM
Okay, I have a question off topic.. while in BS you have the option of taking a picture(upper right corner). How do you retrieve those pictures? Where are they kept?

If you select "save to images", you'll find them in your well images app :)

bethb6228
05-12-12, 11:56 AM

So if I don't have this app, I need to download it? I play on a kindle, if that makes a difference.

sparks229
05-12-12, 01:09 PM
So if I don't have this app, I need to download it? I play on a kindle, if that makes a difference.

Oh I'm on iOS, so that does make a difference.

sparks229
05-12-12, 01:10 PM

There isn't supposed to be a "well" there.

ariesblu
05-12-12, 01:58 PM

Yes, it does make a difference :)

On the Kindle Fire there is a pre-installed gallery app. I haven't used it yet, but I found some info directly from Amazon explaining the how-tos:

Gallery

To start using the Gallery app, tap the Gallery app icon from the Apps screen, either from the Cloud or Device tab.
Once you've transferred content to your Kindle Fire (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200729530#usbtransfer) or downloaded content using the Amazon Silk web browser (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200729650#images), the content will be saved in your Gallery.

Viewing pictures

From the Gallery home screen, tap Pictures to view your images. Tap the Slideshow icon to start a slideshow of all pictures on your Kindle Fire. Use the magnifying glass icons or pinch to zoom in and out of an image.
Tap the Menu icon at the bottom of the screen for more options. Tap the Share icon to send an e-mail with the picture using the Amazon Email app (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200789350). Tap the More icon to crop or rotate your image, and to view image details. Tap the Delete icon to delete the image.

Viewing downloads

From the Gallery home screen, tap Downloads to view images and videos you downloaded using the Amazon Silk web browser. Use the scroll bar to scroll through your files.
Tap the Menu icon at the bottom of the screen for more options. Tap the Share icon to send an e-mail with your downloaded file using the Amazon Email app (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200789350). Tap the More icon to crop or rotate an image, or view more details. Tap the Delete icon to delete the file.

bethb6228
05-18-12, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the info :)

bobbyrae
05-19-12, 01:10 PM
And yes, the first time I noticed the soy shake I was shocked. Its ten times larger once its in front of a customer :)

That soy shake needs to be resized. It's ridiculous how large it is!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/a0d03a83.jpg

sparks229
05-19-12, 01:23 PM
Personally I wouldn't mind the size in real life! If it cost me a penny :p

ariesblu
05-19-12, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the info :)

No problem. :)

ariesblu
05-19-12, 03:58 PM

I agree. It's bigger than their whole bodies.

AnnasCoffee
05-19-12, 04:03 PM

Wow... I bet it would be over 5 GALLONS in real life. Sparks... Your gonna need some help to drink all that! :)

bethb6228
05-19-12, 05:54 PM

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/a0d03a83.jpg

That's so funny...I love it

DAmanding
05-19-12, 07:17 PM

It's in whatever default photo album app came pre-installed on your device. I don't know what sparks means by "well images app", maybe that's an Android thing. In iDevices its just called "Photos" creatively enough.

DAmanding
05-19-12, 07:19 PM
It's in whatever default photo album app came pre-installed on your device. I don't know what sparks means by "well images app", maybe that's an Android thing. In iDevices its just called "Photos" creatively enough.

lol...oops just noticed that the question was previously answered. :o