PDA

View Full Version : TL Is there any limit on requests accepted

JohnDede
05-11-12, 02:33 AM
I'm looking for a definitive answer from one of the TL people on whether there exists any limit at all on how many requests any one person can accept from their neighbors in one day.

I don't believe there is any limit, and find it annoying that some neighbors act like you're requesting their first born child when you request a part. They don't need to gift that part, only accept the request.

What am I missing??

saintlover
05-11-12, 06:14 AM
IDK - good question.

veenilla
05-11-12, 06:18 AM
You can receive 20 parts from request in one day

veenilla
05-11-12, 06:19 AM
Oh nvm Idk about if its the same in pet story... sorry

bobbyrae
05-11-12, 07:08 AM
It is the same. Check out this link which explains the gifting process which is the same in all games: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?27970-Not-receiving-my-20-gifts-per-day&p=304829#post304829

Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire
Here is a summary of how the current Gifting system functions.

You can "receive" and "accept" 20 gifts a day. Think of "receive" as a pending gift. You received a gift, but haven't accepted or declined it yet. "Accept" means you accepted a "received" gift, or pending gift. You can only get a combined total of 20 pending/accepted gifts per day.

This means if you accept 7 gifts, then you will only be able to see 13 pending gifts. If you accept 19 gifts, then only 1 pending gift will be displayed.

If you have received a total of 20 pending/accepted gifts, then you will not be able to receive any more gifts. Any neighbor that tries to send you a gift will receive an error message, explaining you have already received the maximum amount of gifts for the day. In order to receive more gifts, if you haven't reached the limit, you will need to decline some pending gifts. When you decline a gift, it opens up a spot in your pending queue. Be careful when you decline gifts, because they will be removed from the pending list and cannot be recovered.

Additionally, if you are constructing an appliance or other "buildable" item you can also send requests out for 20 more parts. So between requested items and regular gifts you are supposed to be able to receive 40 gifts total for the day- 20 accepted/pending gifts & 20 parts in answer to your request.

What i have found, however, is that if after you have accepted 20 regular gifts you try to send out a request for parts, your neighbours may not receive your request until the next day.

greygull
05-11-12, 09:20 AM
Are you asking how many request per day a person can fill? Or how many they can request? 20 a day for the request, and I'm honestly not sure about how many can be filled. I will ask though :)

pinkster73
05-11-12, 10:42 AM
I think the amount of requests from your neighbors that you can accept is unlimited.

pika4ever88
05-11-12, 10:48 AM
You also sometimes run into a bug with the requesting system...

bobbyrae
05-11-12, 10:53 AM
I think the amount of requests from your neighbors that you can accept is unlimited.

It is unlimited, i believe. And if your neighbours don't want to accept your requests then perhaps new neighbours would be the answer for you! Some players don't want to send out different gifts to different people-i.e. john writes on my wall asking for a nozzle, Jane writes on my wall asking for a gear, Jill asks for a knob etc. Filling those kinds of "requests" can be different, but if you send an ingame request directly from the "constructable" appliance box then it should be pretty easy for the person to just hit accept even though they may send you a different "regular gift" that day.

shaninshine
05-11-12, 11:33 AM
I think 20, because I counted....

JohnDede
05-11-12, 11:51 AM
Here's the issue. The system will let me send a request, essentially a constructable part for a pen, to each of my neighbors, no matter if it's 20, 40, 60. It doesn't care how many I ask for.

Am I limited in how many I can receive? Haven't seen an answer for that. Do my gifted parts affect requested parts, or are they separate?

I have never seen a: your neighbor has requested too many parts for their constructable pen, message when I'm accepting their request (and I accept them all), so I assume it's being filled because I accepted it.

This has nothing to do with gifting, nor does it act like gifting.

I'd just like to know if my neighbors are not accepting the requests, or are they accepting them, and the system is squashing them, and no one involved with sending the request or receiving and accepting the request has a clue if that requested pen part is being delivered or not, or if not, why not.

JohnDede
05-11-12, 12:05 PM
Here's another one: Are pen parts requests and expansion permit requests all lumped together under a limit, or are expansion permits different?

I have a feeling that these requests have more rules, and less understanding, than any other transaction performed with our neighbors.

nmishii
05-11-12, 12:27 PM
You can receive 20 parts from material requests. They are separate from gifted parts, so you can receive up to 40 per day.

nmishii
05-11-12, 12:39 PM
I believe if you accept a request, the neighbor gets it.

I gift shortly after reset (except today I fell asleep and gifted too late) and have material requests in my list. I'll try to send those parts or a part for the same constructable to those people, send gifts to the rest, accept material requests and move on to the next game. Sometimes I'll forget to accept the requests and when I wake up the list of requests is shorter.

So, I believe once the neighbor gets their 20 gifts, the other requests are removed from the other neighbor's lists.

You can't tell if a neighbor accepts or declines a request. I guess if you sent a request for one part to one neighbor, you can tell if they accepted it. You don't know if they declined a request, didn't see it because you had already accepted 20 gifts, or if it is still in their list waiting to be accepted or declined.

I can't answer anything specific about Pet Shop Story since I don't play that game.

JohnDede
05-11-12, 01:29 PM
I can't answer anything specific about Pet Shop Story since I don't play that game.

Obvious, that's why I'm asking the questions, and directed it at TL. Someone must know.

PSS plays differently than others. Weekly updates of animals, for which they invent new parts for the constructable pet play pens weekly.

Permits that you can only get from neighbors for each floor space expansion.

You have to use the request option more effectively. Be nice to know how it actually operates.

[Aside--I have never posted in a forum that times out your log in as fast as this one.]

pinkster73
05-11-12, 03:11 PM
Obvious, that's why I'm asking the questions, and directed it at TL. Someone must know.

PSS plays differently than others. Weekly updates of animals, for which they invent new parts for the constructable pet play pens weekly.

Permits that you can only get from neighbors for each floor space expansion.

You have to use the request option more effectively. Be nice to know how it actually operates.

[Aside--I have never posted in a forum that times out your log in as fast as this one.]

I play both farm and pet story. What nmishii said is correct. They aren't that different.

Aside: manners go a long way.

bobbyrae
05-11-12, 03:17 PM
Did you even bother to read the answers posted here? You got your answer at post number 5.

JohnDede
05-13-12, 08:51 PM
I'll wait to see what greygull finds. Still seems unlimited to me. Very hard to tell though, since the acceptor has no certainty of the part or permit's arrival, and the requester finds it in storage with no tag as far as who it came from.

pinkster73
05-14-12, 10:57 AM
Did you even bother to read the answers posted here? You got your answer at post number 5.

Nope. :p

JohnDede
05-14-12, 04:41 PM
Nope. :p

Of course I did, and post 5 never addressed the original question. But you know that, because you were the first to address the original question, and agree that it seems unlimited. And bobbyrae agreed with you for her/his next 5 words, and then spun off topic again.
So what is it you're trying to provoke with the "Nope" comment?

pinkster73
05-14-12, 07:35 PM
Of course I did, and post 5 never addressed the original question. But you know that, because you were the first to address the original question, and agree that it seems unlimited. And bobbyrae agreed with you for her/his next 5 words, and then spun off topic again.
So what is it you're trying to provoke with the "Nope" comment?

I'm provoking nothing at all.

JohnDede
05-18-12, 08:59 AM
So, pinkster, since you understood my question, here's what I see playing out in the game with the red pillow part. I requested that part of 36 neighbors as soon as the Chin showed up in pets yesterday. By 11 this morning I had 7. I again sent the requests to 36 and 1 more showed up.

I don't think I have the wrong neighbors (as someone suggested). I assume my neighbors have the wrong perception of what accepting requests costs them. If Accepted requests is actually unlimited, then there is no cost to accepting any request. The weight of whether the person requesting the part receives it or not falls on the requester, based on how many they are still able to receive (based on an assumed limit of 20 per day).

That was the point of the question, the perception of the cost by the players, and a definitive yes or no by TL on: Is accepting requests unlimited, and a zero cost to the player accepting requests.

pinkster73
05-18-12, 09:14 AM
If you're waiting for TL to answer the definitively confirm whether receiving requests is unlimited, you may have to wait awhile. I believe it is. I have requested parts or permits from approximately 40 neighbors, and received more then 20 in one day. I believe on my last expansion I received 36 permits in one 24 hour period.

I don't think you have the "wrong" neighbors. It's possible that many of them only log into their games once a day to accept neighbors requests.

As for the perception that accepting a parts requests costs them something, I believe the majority of players know that it costs nothing, but a smaller fraction believe it does cost them. I'm not really sure what could be done about that.

greygull
05-18-12, 11:03 AM
I did hear back - there is no limit to how many requests you can fill for others each day. Realistically, you could fill a request for each neighbor each day.

JohnDede
05-18-12, 11:18 AM
Thanks, greygull. Did they say if you could receive unlimited also, one from each neighbor?

JohnDede
05-18-12, 11:20 AM
If you're waiting for TL to answer the definitively confirm whether receiving requests is unlimited, you may have to wait awhile. I believe it is. I have requested parts or permits from approximately 40 neighbors, and received more then 20 in one day. I believe on my last expansion I received 36 permits in one 24 hour period.

I don't think you have the "wrong" neighbors. It's possible that many of them only log into their games once a day to accept neighbors requests.

As for the perception that accepting a parts requests costs them something, I believe the majority of players know that it costs nothing, but a smaller fraction believe it does cost them. I'm not really sure what could be done about that.

Nothing there I can quarrel with. I can tell you that I've had to send permit requests 3 days in a row while having neighbor numbers in the high 50s to low 60s. All I could come up with for people to hit that decline button, was that they perceived that it could cost them something (affect their game). You only change perceptions by exposing misconceptions. That was the reason for asking TL their half first. If I'm wrong, so be it. The answers other than yours, don't necessarily make me lean in that direction though. Thanks, pinkster.

greygull
05-18-12, 11:46 AM
Thanks, greygull. Did they say if you could receive unlimited also, one from each neighbor?

You can only receive 20 per day. I know if you ask too many more people then that each day, it can get "back logged", and then it takes longer for them to receive the requests. I know it's not ideal, but skip requesting for a day or two, let everything get pushed through to everyone. After that, only request 20 (or less) per day.

pinkster73
05-18-12, 11:47 AM
You can only receive 20 per day. I know if you ask too many more people then that each day, it can get "back logged", and then it takes longer for them to receive the requests. I know it's not ideal, but skip requesting for a day or two, let everything get pushed through to everyone. After that, only request 20 (or less) per day.

You're talking about requests for stuff like permits?

nmishii
05-18-12, 12:03 PM
If you want an answer from TL, you should ask a mod to move this to the Feedback and Bugs forum. TL recently posted that's where it should be if you want feedback.

In Discussions, you have a very very low chance of getting feedback from TL.
In Feedback and Bugs, the chances aren't much better, but its worth a shot.

pinkster73
05-18-12, 12:08 PM
If you want an answer from TL, you should ask a mod to move this to the Feedback and Bugs forum. TL recently posted that's where it should be if you want feedback.

In Discussions, you have a very very low chance of getting feedback from TL.
In Feedback and Bugs, the chances aren't much better, but its worth a shot.

Correct. If you want answers from people who actually play the games though, then here is good.

greygull
05-18-12, 01:12 PM
I went to ask kooky, because she knows all about PSS ;) as well as so many other things

The permits you can only get through the request system.

So you should only be able to get a total of 20 gift requests per day. Permits and items you request for the constructible beds and decorations would all be gift requests, total of 20.

Then you should be able to also get 20 regular gifts per day.
Permits are not a regular gift.
For some beds and decorations, there are some gifts, but some of these items you can only get through the request system.

pinkster73
05-18-12, 03:31 PM
Oh. Then I was obviously hallucinating when I thought I got more permits. Ok.

greygull
05-18-12, 04:09 PM
Oh. Then I was obviously hallucinating when I thought I got more permits. Ok.

Check it again if you have time - maybe they are separate.

And we're finding out about the new constructive items not being on the gifting list.

pinkster73
05-18-12, 04:22 PM
Check it again if you have time - maybe they are separate.

And we're finding out about the new constructive items not being on the gifting list.

Could be separate, but its entirely possible I was hallucinating too :p

JohnDede
05-18-12, 07:48 PM
Research is over for this week. Red Pillow is now in the gift-able parts.

pinkster73
05-18-12, 08:24 PM
Research is over for this week. Red Pillow is now in the gift-able parts.

Well hopefully I helped. Or maybe just confused it.

JohnDede
05-18-12, 08:46 PM
Jury is still out.
I sent all my neighbors a red pillow, just for the hell of it. Server was confused. It said 2 didn't get one, and 8 or 10 had parts already today.