PDA

View Full Version : Good Neighbor or Bad Neighbor

BellasHouse1
05-09-12, 05:34 PM
I recently had a neighbor, who I've had as a neighbor for almost a year now, who recently dropped me because I don't post on her wall all the time the way she does. Mind, this is a game I'm going to drop anyway due to the coin bug issue TL won't seem to fix. However, I would like some opinions on this matter

Let me give you a little more background. This person has always left such nice messages on my wall and when I have time to visit any neighbors at all I always make sure to visit hers. Sometimes I have time to post, but most of the time I don't. I only have a handful of neighbors I make sure to visit when I have time. Unfortunately, she warned me of her impending deleting of neighbors while I was unable to go into the game at all, as I am getting ready to move. I also posted on her wall about my coin bug issue and I never got a response from her about the matter so I assumed she doesn't always read her wall anyway. So, today, I saw her post to read her wall and on her wall she stated she was deleting neighbors that do not post messages "like i do". I wrote an extensive message on her wall stating that I would be more upset if I wasn't quitting the game anyway due to the bug, but that some people don't have time to post messages.

My feeling is this, I visit when I can and make it a point to visit those neighbors that post on my wall or visit regularly. It does not matter to me whether you post a message or not. And deleting someone because they don't have time to post without first understanding why, is simply ridiculous. I wasn't particularly close to this person, but her messages were always nice to get. The act of her deleting me and others for not posting goes against every thought I had of her based on the messages. This nice person is, in reality, really not very nice. I wonder how she treats her RL friends.

So, your opinions would be grateful. Thanks

queentina3
05-09-12, 05:40 PM
I have a few neighbors that want me to post so they tip back, but they've never stated they would delete if I didn't. When I was playing on my Android it was very hard to "like" everyday and almost impossible to write on people's Walls, so I know that some players do have issues with things like that and I don't penalize them for it.

I feel bad that this neighbor is doing that, but there are always others out there looking for neighbors and I wouldn't let it get to you. To each their own, is my motto. :)

driftboutique
05-09-12, 07:25 PM
Well... I think it's a silly reason to delete someone, but I wouldn't take it personally and I don't think it means she's not nice. It just means she wants something out of her neighbors that you aren't going to provide. Personally I'd rather have someone delete me than leave "helpful" notes on my wall about how they expect me to post. Not saying your neighbor did this, just talking about my own experience.

jojopeanut
05-09-12, 07:38 PM
No your not a bad neighbour. I post on my wall to my neighbours any game issues I might have also I post my wall to my neighbours that I do visit everyone regularly, I don't always have time to post on their walls. There haven't been any issues with that. Also people can read their news feeds to see who has visited their shop. I understand and don't expect post on my wall either Im just pleased to have good neighbors that visit.I

jojopeanut
05-09-12, 08:00 PM
Also I wanted to add that this game is our fun down time from real life. It's silly to get your knickers all in a knot over someone not posting on your wall. I deal with complaints all day that's what Im paid for. On my time my fun forget about it! Just move on and find nicer neighbours.

candyglam
05-09-12, 11:54 PM
This happened to me with one of my neighbors as well recently. Some people just have high expectations for their neighbors; I admit I was a little offended at first since I tipped the neighbor who deleted me almost daily, but I only leave messages a couple times a week because I'm busy and don't have time. I think sometimes people lose sight that this is a game and if you're not sure if someone is tipping you or not doesn't mean the world is ending. Lol

babyruffy
05-10-12, 01:44 AM
Playing on Android-I had a neighbor ask & put pressure on me as to whether or not I still wanted to be their neighbor. They said they would look on,my wall for answer. Nightclub Story-my club crashed every time I tried to visit them. I was a steady 4 star at that time & gift first thing in morning. Not my fault I could not visit. I just deleted them but could not help feeling a bit badly about it. I was tipping clubs I could not see because they do not load properly on Android & game also crashes often. Was a great effort to stay 4 star.

oreo1981
05-10-12, 03:55 AM
That's funny, I'm the opposite.

I prefer people NOT to post on my wall. But no big deal, I don't delete people for that.

You can see who tipped you in the news tab, so the way I see it, posting on wall = pointless waste of time

dri2011
05-10-12, 04:38 AM
I tend to choose neighbors according to my needs. I don't want anyone to change their habits just to fit mine. I don't notificate anyone that I'm going to delete because of this or that, I just delete them when I feel they never interact.
There are plenty of amazing neighbors out there, so no need to worry. And of course, I don't mind if someone deletes me, because I won't change my habits as well.
I agree with @candyglam, some people just have high expectations for their neighbors, but this is just a game, we play when we can, the way we can, we can choose most everything... :)
Peace! ^_^v

RoseMeyer
05-10-12, 08:12 AM
I think its fine for people to delete neighbors that aren't compatible with them.

What I find obnoxious is the "warnings" a.k.a. "Threats".

Cripes, just delete me quietly.

cityfan
05-10-12, 10:04 AM
Sorry to oppose the current opinion on this thread, but I can see your neighbors point about asking
you to write on her wall, and for myself, I'd really like it if all my neighbors did the same....hear me out -

The reason is that when you are a higher level player, and someone who has a lot of neighbors; and
like me, you only check your game once or twice a day, say morning & night, then messages in your
news feed often scroll off....and when I have a limited time to play, I focus first on returning the likes of
people I know are visiting me, and the only way to know for sure is the wall. Once I've got to those
people, then I go down the rest of the list, returning likes by ranking.

I do sometimes post messages on my neighbors walls asking them to leave me a message so that I know
they visited, but I have yet to delete someone for not doing so.

I guess the bottom line, like many have said, is that this is a game, which we play for fun....so don't get too
hung up on any one persons actions - there are many others who will want to play the same way as you.

kooky panda
05-10-12, 10:13 AM
I think its fine for people to delete neighbors that aren't compatible with them.

What I find obnoxious is the "warnings" a.k.a. "Threats".

Cripes, just delete me quietly.

^^^^^ Ditto^^^^

pinkster73
05-10-12, 10:25 AM
^^^^^ Ditto^^^^

More ditto. Stealth delete.

SandraXDIP
05-10-12, 10:29 AM
That happened to me too. Someone deleted me cause i didn't gift him every day and i didn't post on his wall. I had not enugh time to post there every day and when i wanted to gift him i couldn't cause he had more than 20 gifts every day. But when he thinks i'm a bad neighbor he can delete me when he wants. I have enough nice neighbors and i know i'm not a bad neighbor just cause one person thinks so! :)

sourlicorice2
05-10-12, 10:33 AM
I think thats her loss. That being said I deleted you from farm but not intentionally. I meant to delete a different Bella as her crops have been wilted and she didn't reply to my post asking if she's still playing. If I was going to delete you I would have deleted you from all games I'm nbrs with you on. My apologies but I did send a re invite which I hope you accept.

PS. I sure hope the coin bug problem is fixed for you soon.

sourlicorice2
05-10-12, 10:39 AM
I also don't care if nbrs don't want to post. It makes it faster for me cause then I don't have to post on their wall when I visit. That being said I also like having some nbrs post as well. I feel have a good mixture of posters and non posters that suits the way I like to play.

doraleemartin
05-10-12, 10:52 AM
I agree with cityfan. We all play the game differently and have different needs/expectations. It doesn't mean anyone is good or bad or threatening. I got that the first time I asked for posts to know if they were still playing. Who wants to gift and post to those that aren't even playing and how do you know if you don't ask? There are plenty of compatible neighbors out there for all of us.

laVirtualCloset
05-10-12, 11:11 AM
I don't think there are good or bad neighbors; just compatible ones. I don't think its silly or unrealistic or demanding when someone does/doesn't do, expect/don't expect, warn/don't warn, advise/don't advise, or whatever. It's funny, everyone says "its just a game" but seem to have expectations or disappointment or concern when others don't do or play as we'd like them to or as we do. "It's just a game" means different things to different people and its only as much fun as you make it.

I wouldn't give it a second thought and be pleased that I'm not tempted to play according to someone else's expectations. There are thousands of players out there and if you desire, you'll find a new nbr who's a better fit for your style of play.

doraleemartin
05-10-12, 02:12 PM
AMEN to laVirtualCloset

dalula
05-10-12, 03:25 PM
Ditto to basically everyone who posted before me. at least you visit! I dont mind if people dont post on my wall; i dont have enough time to post wall messages on bakery.

mudpievivi
05-13-12, 08:04 AM
I had that happen to me in FS too, I mean I gift daily and if I only had time to visit only one nbr I made sure it was her...imagine my shock when work made me skip visiting a couple of days I realised she deleted me. Silly me still thought I deleted her by mistake and left message on her wall...she told me I was one of her least active nbrs...I mean sorry if I am not on the game whole day daily chatting on walls, but I do have a real life. I tell myself it is just a game, but frankly it hurt! Like the op said, she was nice n we leave nice messages on each other's wall before that.

Oh well I agree on the compatible nbrs point. This game is for relaxing and other than this nbr, all my other nbrs r nice :) so just relax!