PDA

View Full Version : Who's allergys are really effecting them?

Godlovesyou12
05-09-12, 06:45 AM
My allergy's are nuts right now... :( It really stinks! (even though I can't smell hehe)

kattybell
05-09-12, 07:00 AM
Mine have been worse this year. :(

piggiful
05-09-12, 07:24 AM
*sniff* *sniff*

pinkster73
05-09-12, 08:00 AM
I'm very allergic to aloe vera. Difficult for someone with a bathroom product fetish. :(

kattybell
05-09-12, 08:19 AM
I'm very allergic to aloe vera. Difficult for someone with a bathroom product fetish. :(

That sucks. I'm allergic to soy.

sourlicorice2
05-09-12, 08:36 AM
I sneeze a lot at work. Not sure what is making me sneeze. I suspect I'm allergic to work :p I really do sneeze a lot especially in the teachers room. I just can't pinpoint what's making me sneeze. Once I'm outside I don't sneeze.

piggiful
05-09-12, 08:43 AM

Oh wow, that really sucks.......you are missing out on a lot of goodies! I swear by the lotions with aloe vera:)
Is it just your skin that's allergic to it? Can you ingest it?

piggiful
05-09-12, 08:44 AM

As much as I dislike soy, I'm totally addicted to iced grande soy latte......I can't live with out.
I'd be drinking that in 0 degree weather.

kattybell
05-09-12, 08:46 AM
As much as I dislike soy, I'm totally addicted to iced grande soy latte......I can't live with out.
I'd be drinking that in 0 degree weather.

Lol as long as you enjoy it! It just sucks for me because I have to limit what I eat. Everything well almost everything has soy in it.

piggiful
05-09-12, 08:49 AM
Lol as long as you enjoy it! It just sucks for me because I have to limit what I eat. Everything well almost everything has soy in it.

I rather have whole milk in my latte.....but I really don't have enough time to burn off all those fat calories......
This allergy has to suck though.....almost everything uses some soy or soy byproduct these days.
Even the beef in taco is made of soy!!

shaninshine
05-09-12, 08:50 AM
Mine is really bad, I'm allergic to the sun :( and penicillin...

kattybell
05-09-12, 08:52 AM
I rather have whole milk in my latte.....but I really don't have enough time to burn off all those fat calories......
This allergy has to suck though.....almost everything uses some soy or soy byproduct these days.
Even the beef in taco is made of soy!!

Yep and I found out the hard way, started a new diet that had soy in almost all of their products. I was getting so sick after day 4 I quit. That's how I found out.

Godlovesyou12
My little boy has allergy's SO bad he is throwing up... croupy cough... he keeps gagging... :(

kattybell

I'm sorry. :(

kattybell
05-09-12, 08:53 AM
My little boy has allergy's SO bad he is throwing up... croupy cough... he keeps gagging... :(

Has he seen the doctor? :(

shaninshine
05-09-12, 08:55 AM
OMG I'm so sorry, How old is he?

Godlovesyou12
05-09-12, 08:56 AM
He has seen a doctor who said there is nothing to do except let him
go through the process... he's only 3 :(

kattybell
05-09-12, 08:57 AM
He has seen a doctor who said there is nothing to do except let him
go through the process... he's only 3 :(

They didn't put him on anything? Is it because he's so young? I would think they'd give him something.

piggiful
05-09-12, 08:58 AM
Sounds like me:(

piggiful
05-09-12, 08:59 AM

OMG....I think I will stop complaining about my allergies now......
I'll probably just **** myself if I can't get sun. We only own convertibles in the house.

shaninshine
05-09-12, 09:01 AM
Oh so young such a shame...

Godlovesyou12
05-09-12, 09:03 AM
His doctor said that since he is allergic to a lot of medicines then
a lot of allergy meds that can be giving for kids his age he's allergic
too. Therefore he can't have allergy meds.

shaninshine
05-09-12, 09:04 AM
At first I suffered then I got used to...

shaninshine
OMG....I think I will stop complaining about my allergies now......
I'll probably just **** myself if I can't get sun. We only own convertibles in the house.

At first I suffered then I got used to

kattybell

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better soon.

Godlovesyou12
05-09-12, 09:06 AM
Thanks you guys for all the encouragment! :)

pinkster73
05-09-12, 09:08 AM
Oh wow, that really sucks.......you are missing out on a lot of goodies! I swear by the lotions with aloe vera:)
Is it just your skin that's allergic to it? Can you ingest it?

No, I can't eat it either.

kattybell
05-09-12, 09:09 AM
No, I can't eat it either.

You can eat aloe vera?

pinkster73
05-09-12, 09:17 AM
You can eat aloe vera?

No. Ha ha. CAN'T

pinkster73
05-09-12, 09:21 AM
Bad

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/aloe-vera-drinks.jpg

driftboutique
05-09-12, 09:21 AM

Me too! People always look at me like I'm kidding when I tell them. I used to work with a lot of vegans and there were always vegan baked goods in the office that were chock full of soy, so I had to explain it frequently :rolleyes:

pinkster73
05-09-12, 09:25 AM
I used to have terrible allergies to pollen and grass but as I've aged gracefully they have gotten not as bad.

Godlovesyou12
05-09-12, 09:25 AM
Breath.... lol

kattybell
05-09-12, 09:29 AM
No. Ha ha. CAN'T

I know you can't lol. I meant people eat aloe vera? In what?

kattybell
05-09-12, 09:29 AM
Me too! People always look at me like I'm kidding when I tell them. I used to work with a lot of vegans and there were always vegan baked goods in the office that were chock full of soy, so I had to explain it frequently :rolleyes:

Good to know I'm not the only one. People are starting to be like that with me. Lol.

pinkster73
05-09-12, 09:30 AM
I know you can't lol. I meant people eat aloe vera? In what?

See my pic on page 3. Juice.

Godlovesyou12
05-09-12, 09:30 AM
yuck pple lol

kattybell
05-09-12, 09:31 AM
See my pic on page 3. Juice.

I had to use my phone and all I can say is ew why would you drink that? Lol. It say's natural, vitamin C. Yum....

Godlovesyou12
05-09-12, 10:03 AM
ewwwwwww

piggiful
05-09-12, 10:14 AM
You can eat aloe vera?

Oh yeah...it doesn't have much taste...but with a little sugar or flavoring, it's very tasty.
Most important of all, it's really good for more than just your skin:)

piggiful
05-09-12, 10:15 AM
I used to have terrible allergies to pollen and grass but as I've aged gracefully they have gotten not as bad.

Exactly opposite for me unfortunately.....

piggiful
05-09-12, 10:17 AM
Bad

Oh yeah, that's filled with sugar...but it's one delicious drink.....
I also have pure aloe juice from trader joe's for blending.

dalula
05-09-12, 06:41 PM
Me... I keep sneezing and blowing my nose in the morning.

thatonegirlwho
05-09-12, 06:42 PM

That must suck if/when you get a sunburn :(

dalula
05-09-12, 06:42 PM

Although i'm not sure what causes it... :p
I'm allergic to one type of mushroom.

thatonegirlwho
05-09-12, 06:46 PM
I'm allergic to most of the major medicine groups (found out I was allergic to penicillin last year, that was fun) and dogs.. Of course my family has 3...
Thank God for Benadryl!:rolleyes:

driftboutique
05-09-12, 07:11 PM
I'm allergic to most of the major medicine groups (found out I was allergic to penicillin last year, that was fun) and dogs.. Of course my family has 3...
Thank God for Benadryl!:rolleyes:

Yikes! Medical allergies are scary. That must be really hard to deal with.

I had a weird reaction to a vaccine last year and my doctor thinks I might be allergic to the medium used to administer the vaccines. I'm in trouble if there's ever some kind of apocalyptic plague... or if I step on a rusty nail :eek:

Ic3e
05-09-12, 07:16 PM
My body itches a lot more than usual during spring.

bigbux3
05-09-12, 09:40 PM
My allergies don't kick up at all. I'm sick right now though and it sucks! Actually, my nose is bleeding from over tissue usage.

8summer8
05-12-12, 09:14 AM
Here's my number one tip for allergies - raw garlic! I know it sounds terrible but it's changed my life from being sick most of the time to only a few times a year. Works better than anti histamines and without the side effects.

copycats
05-12-12, 10:18 AM
Bad

Is that a fruit drink? I'm allergic to pollin every time I come near flowers I get congested:(

pinkster73
05-12-12, 03:37 PM
Is that a fruit drink? I'm allergic to pollin every time I come near flowers I get congested:(

It's aloe juice.

jellybelly2001
05-12-12, 04:18 PM
I am on medicine and it is okay got better but still is annoying

TimeForACuppaTea
05-12-12, 04:24 PM
I'm very allergic to nickel. So really limits the jewelry I can wear, snaps on blue jeans, zippers, and any other metals on clothing must be avoided. I have seasonal allergies in the fall. So not a huge issue at the moment.

My daughter on the other hand is allergic to dust mites. And they LOVE humidity and we've been getting a lot of rain so they are breeding and being extra active. We are having vacuum her bedroom daily just so she can sleep. She takes singular daily but some days even it's not quite strong enough. We will all be glad when the spring rains are over.

AnnasCoffee
05-12-12, 08:05 PM

I had a similar situation... Maybe this will help your son...

I have a child with several medical needs. She has seasonal allergies to the point that she used to throw-up too. It only happened at night... I think it was the nasal drainage going from her nose, down her throat and into her stomach. Her stomach couldn't digest all that mucus, so she puked. Sorry I know that was really gross... I do have a point.

Can he take something to stop nasal drainage? Like a cold medicine?

pinkster73
05-12-12, 08:32 PM
I'm very allergic to nickel. So really limits the jewelry I can wear, snaps on blue jeans, zippers, and any other metals on clothing must be avoided. I have seasonal allergies in the fall. So not a huge issue at the moment.

My daughter on the other hand is allergic to dust mites. And they LOVE humidity and we've been getting a lot of rain so they are breeding and being extra active. We are having vacuum her bedroom daily just so she can sleep. She takes singular daily but some days even it's not quite strong enough. We will all be glad when the spring rains are over.

Omg have you ever seen a picture of a magnified dust mite? Gack!

pinkster73
05-12-12, 08:34 PM
I had a similar situation... Maybe this will help your son...

I have a child with several medical needs. She has seasonal allergies to the point that she used to throw-up too. It only happened at night... I think it was the nasal drainage going from her nose, down her throat and into her stomach. Her stomach couldn't digest all that mucus, so she puked. Sorry I know that was really gross... I do have a point.

Can he take something to stop nasal drainage? Like a cold medicine?

That's a good idea. Or vicks vaporub rubbed under the nose causes less snot to be made.

sourlicorice2
05-12-12, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=Lueann;306427]I'm very allergic to nickel. So really limits the jewelry I can wear, snaps on blue jeans, zippers, and any other metals on clothing must be avoided. I have seasonal allergies in the fall. So not a huge issue at the moment.

I'm allergic to metal to. I can only wear gold and silver jewelry. Especially in Thailand when I sweat a lot. I had all metal frame glasses (very light weight) when I first came to Thailand. Didn't bother me in Canada. But in Thailand with sweating the back of my ears got sores and bled. I had to go buy glasses with plastic ends. I even bought a cheap watch off the street and same thing. I have to buy slightly more expensive watches from department stores. I have a belt and if the buckle comes in contact with my skin I get itchy red blotches on my stomach.

music908
05-13-12, 06:16 PM
yes, mine are driving me crazy!! I am coughing like i have tuberculosis!

jamesdean1957
09-27-12, 06:10 PM
Me It's Aful.

Godlovesyou12
09-28-12, 10:14 AM
I hate allergy's!

09-28-12, 02:07 PM
I'm have a headache at the moment, and I think I'm catching cold.. :( I usually feel like this during this time of year.. :(

NeeOnn
09-28-12, 04:39 PM
cant smell, breathe, dry lips, throat feels on fire and I lost my appetite. :S Stupid allergies -.-''

10-02-12, 06:25 PM
I've been having allergic reactions to pollen and now it's leading to nasty eye infections lol.

10-02-12, 06:27 PM
I'm getting nasty eye infections from my pollen allergies.

sourlicorice5
10-02-12, 09:42 PM
I've been sneezing since Saturday non stop. Its driving me mad.

10-03-12, 04:36 PM
Hey I might see the doctor tomorrow unless my eye infection gets better.

lotusthreads
10-03-12, 06:39 PM
Really bad allergies at the moment :(

10-03-12, 07:30 PM
allergic to dust and pollen... ugh, been sniffling all day and my eyes itch like crazy.

dapplefur
10-04-12, 12:21 AM
mine are giving me headaches and when i cough or sneeze it makes them worse. :(

pinksugar800
10-04-12, 04:13 PM

I feel ya:(
I'm also allergic to soap, cats, dogs and pretty much any animal!
I think I'm also allergic to some spice?!

pinkster73
10-04-12, 04:22 PM
I'm allergic to aloe vera. (I know I posted that earlier). And I LOVE soaps and lotions and shampoos and conditioners. You know how many things contain aloe? A lot.

lylahmae
10-05-12, 04:41 AM
I have to make an appointment with an allergist because I have had hives on my eyelids for two months. I also have had them popping up all over but the eyelids have been constant. It's making me nuts!

pinkster73
10-05-12, 06:22 AM
I have to make an appointment with an allergist because I have had hives on my eyelids for two months. I also have had them popping up all over but the eyelids have been constant. It's making me nuts!

Ewww that gives me the willies.

lylahmae
10-05-12, 04:12 PM
Ewww that gives me the willies.

It doesn't look as bad as it sounds, to most people I look tired. My sister however laughed and made fun of me for hours the other day.

twinklerox
10-08-12, 02:38 PM
People make fun of me 'cause i'm allergic to eggs... The second they find out about it, they never stop laughing.

sterlingempire
10-08-12, 04:56 PM
Pollen, mold, dust... year-round...

+stomach flu (i have now)
+strep throat (last week)