PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else found this a bit deceiving??

lollyloo123
05-08-12, 06:16 AM
When you go to market, then pet rooms - if you look at say 'sports field', you'll see a x1 in the corner.

When youve been playing the other TL games it leads you to assume that for some reason there's one in storage... no? Well ive fallen for this (maybe its just me being thick) - and ive ended up buying another Coral Reef. Yeah its no biggie, but i could have done with the space...

I just think its a bit deceiving - making you think that ones in storage..

...and before anyone says anything this was an initial mistake, having now played the game for a while I now know you cant store pet rooms lol :cool:

queentina3
05-08-12, 06:32 AM
I can see what you're saying, but I actually like them having that there as it lets me know I've already purchased that room. I can be such a scatter brain sometimes that if that wasn't there, I'd end up buying another of the same room and then kick myself later over it. hehehe

Godlovesyou12
05-08-12, 06:35 AM
It's probably telling you, that you will get 1 extra point
everytime you collect from that particular room. :)

sweetstuff525
05-08-12, 06:36 AM
Not really the x1 or x2 means how many you have

Could not mean. You have it in storage since you can't store pet rooms only fun room

PinkStarbelly
05-08-12, 06:57 AM
A lot of players buy/collect one of each and it can be hard to remember what they've bought already. So as queentina mentioned, it's quite helpful. When we start playing a new TL game, we always compare with the game we've played the longest. It's inevitable. I always find a hassle to get to my own wall compared to BS and RS (although in takes 2 taps on all 3 games). The 2 buttons for Market and Menu next to each other drives me insane! Sometimes I wonder is I have Parkinson because I keep pressing the wrong button like 5 times in a row before I can pull myself together! -_____-''

kooky panda
05-08-12, 07:11 AM
I can see what you're saying, but I actually like them having that there as it lets me know I've already purchased that room. I can be such a scatter brain sometimes that if that wasn't there, I'd end up buying another of the same room and then kick myself later over it. hehehe

^^^^^^^DITTO^^^^^^^^^^ lol

piggiful
05-08-12, 08:45 AM
I got used to it pretty quick:)

sourlicorice2
05-08-12, 09:01 AM

I like it to. It is very helpful.

sehana
05-08-12, 09:10 AM
Yup, me too :p

flaquitachula
05-08-12, 01:47 PM
I'm with you lollyloo, I think it's because that's how it works in fashion story with the design tab. Also, in PS, you can store pets. It took me twice buying the same pet room before I figured it out. Yes....two times. Totally forgot you can't store pet rooms, but it was my second day playing and as i mentioned above, i was conditioned to see it as storage so that's my excuse. LOL At least I learned before it cost me a bundle!! :-)

Now that i know what it means, it is helpful to have.

Elenabake
05-08-12, 03:50 PM
Yes, it is a bit decieving, I thought this in the beginning as well. Didn't bought anything twice tho, but I almost did :P
But yeah, once you figured it out, it is actually nice to know which rooms you bought.

queentina3
05-08-12, 07:31 PM
A lot of players buy/collect one of each and it can be hard to remember what they've bought already. So as queentina mentioned, it's quite helpful. When we start playing a new TL game, we always compare with the game we've played the longest. It's inevitable. I always find a hassle to get to my own wall compared to BS and RS (although in takes 2 taps on all 3 games). The 2 buttons for Market and Menu next to each other drives me insane! Sometimes I wonder is I have Parkinson because I keep pressing the wrong button like 5 times in a row before I can pull myself together! -_____-''

OMG, my BS/RS buttons for Message/Social are swapped so when I'm doing mass tipping in RS I keep ending up back at my wall instead of my neighbor list. I'm so used to the Social button being the second one on the left side but for my RS it is the first one. It drives me insane! Especially since I usually tip my BS neighbors and then go and tip my RS neighbors, my fingers have gotten used to going to that second button.

PinkStarbelly
05-08-12, 07:48 PM
OMG, my BS/RS buttons for Message/Social are swapped so when I'm doing mass tipping in RS I keep ending up back at my wall instead of my neighbor list. I'm so used to the Social button being the second one on the left side but for my RS it is the first one. It drives me insane! Especially since I usually tip my BS neighbors and then go and tip my RS neighbors, my fingers have gotten used to going to that second button.

ROFL! I'm totally feeling you. I had the same problem as I played BS for at least 3 months before I started RS. Old habits die hard! Guess that's why I never fully got into RS. Might sound stupid but that's the reason. TL should take that in consideration, I know they want to make all the games a big different but come on now. Don't try fixing thing that ain't broken.

catgirl477
05-08-12, 08:07 PM
But if you dont want it u can sell it ....

greygull
05-08-12, 09:26 PM

I've asked for that to be switched back. They used to all be the same, then an update a long time ago switched them :(

lindsayh942edition
05-08-12, 09:33 PM
When you go to market, then pet rooms - if you look at say 'sports field', you'll see a x1 in the corner.

When youve been playing the other TL games it leads you to assume that for some reason there's one in storage... no? Well ive fallen for this (maybe its just me being thick) - and ive ended up buying another Coral Reef. Yeah its no biggie, but i could have done with the space...

I just think its a bit deceiving - making you think that ones in storage..

...and before anyone says anything this was an initial mistake, having now played the game for a while I now know you cant store pet rooms lol :cool:

Yeah it's awful i didn't fall for it but i came awfully close but i stopped and checked my storage, funny thing is when you actually have that iteam in storage it'll still let you buy another instead of using what's in storage, very weird

queentina3
05-09-12, 06:05 AM
Yeah it's awful i didn't fall for it but i came awfully close but i stopped and checked my storage, funny thing is when you actually have that iteam in storage it'll still let you buy another instead of using what's in storage, very weird

Actually that isn't so weird. It's the same in City, Empire, Farm, and etc......I actually don't like how in other games (RS/BS etc) that you have to remove the items from your design tab in order to purchase more. When the goals came out for BS recently they made you purchase new white tables/chairs, but I had 50 of them already, so I had to put all 50 out just to buy another one to bypass that goal. At least in these other games that have a separate storage from the market area you aren't forced to put out all the items you have just to purchase one more.

Say for example in Farm you wanted to purchase another 2 apple trees so you would have an even amount of them, you may not want to put out your other 18 at the moment just to purchase 2 more to get you to 20. You also may not have the space to do so.

PinkStarbelly
05-09-12, 08:07 AM
Actually that isn't so weird. It's the same in City, Empire, Farm, and etc......I actually don't like how in other games (RS/BS etc) that you have to remove the items from your design tab in order to purchase more. When the goals came out for BS recently they made you purchase new white tables/chairs, but I had 50 of them already, so I had to put all 50 out just to buy another one to bypass that goal. At least in these other games that have a separate storage from the market area you aren't forced to put out all the items you have just to purchase one more.

Say for example in Farm you wanted to purchase another 2 apple trees so you would have an even amount of them, you may not want to put out your other 18 at the moment just to purchase 2 more to get you to 20. You also may not have the space to do so.

Gosh, we're so alike! I like it too! Although I have to admit I accidently bought a staircase when my intention was to pull out the 1 I already owned. That was during my first day of playing though so I guess I'll take that as a lesson hehe! Those new goals on BS was horrible! I was lucky I only had a few white tables because I expanded my bakery ans needed them out anyways but I had almost 50 white chairs that I haven't used since I first started out and couldn't afford the nicer ones. So I actually bought a different more expensive chair just to save the hassle hehe

queentina3
05-09-12, 04:51 PM
Gosh, we're so alike! I like it too! Although I have to admit I accidently bought a staircase when my intention was to pull out the 1 I already owned. That was during my first day of playing though so I guess I'll take that as a lesson hehe! Those new goals on BS was horrible! I was lucky I only had a few white tables because I expanded my bakery ans needed them out anyways but I had almost 50 white chairs that I haven't used since I first started out and couldn't afford the nicer ones. So I actually bought a different more expensive chair just to save the hassle hehe

At least it was only a cheap pair of stairs you made the mistake on. Just the thought of someone doing that on one of the expensive rooms is scary. YIKES.