PDA

View Full Version : Expansions

thekaygirl
05-06-12, 10:22 AM
I started playing Pet Hotel Story a few weeks ago and really enjoy it. Its fun, the pets are adorable as usual, and for the first hour or so I was completely engaged in it.

However, the expansions are definitely a downfall of the game. I can understand a 10,000 coin increase with each additional expansion - even adding another six hours or so to the previous expansion time. Currently the prices and times for each expansion are increasing at much too steep a rate. The fact that my last expansion cost me 100,000 coins and my next one will cost me 150,000 coins is ridiculous. There should not be a 50% price increase on the cost of expansions, it's simply asking too much.

In addition to being an annoyance, the amount of time each expansion takes is drawing a lot away from the game. I find I cannot complete goals - not from any lack in coins or materials - but simply because there is no room in my hotel. Instead of being able to work on a goal right away I have to wait two days for my next expansion to be completed. And I barely have any gap time between when one expansion finishes and I begin another. Being forced to wait two days to make any more progress in the game takes away immensely from its enjoyability, and I fear this may cause many players to quit the game within a few days after becoming frustrated with the obstacles the expansions are putting up.

I'm not suggesting the 150,000 coin price or the two day waiting period to be too high to ever be put in the game, I'm simply suggesting the prices and times required for each expansion be made to increase at a slower rate. This way players may have a chance to enjoy the game instead of feeling stuck in it.

sweetstuff525
05-06-12, 10:30 AM
Wait till you have to wait 4 days for an expansion lol 3 more days to go

mattyboo1
05-06-12, 10:42 AM
Some people have 2 day some have 4 day I have 2 day

sweetstuff525
05-06-12, 11:12 AM
Some people have 2 day some have 4 day I have 2 day

I had 2 day also for 2 expansions now I have 4 day

thekaygirl
05-06-12, 11:21 AM
Four days? That's definitely excessive; it's far too boring to wait that long just for an expansion! What can you even do during the waiting period?

queentina3
05-06-12, 11:22 AM
I have 4 days expansions now and my cost is at 500,000. This started with my last 2 expansions. I'm not happy having to wait 4 days. I wasn't happy waiting 2, but 4 is ridiculous.

floramina
05-27-12, 04:28 AM
4 days is ridiculous, wat about 6 days?! Currently building my 28th block..cost 7 million and will take 6 days to complete.

atsixes
05-29-12, 08:36 AM
4 days is ridiculous, wat about 6 days?! Currently building my 28th block..cost 7 million and will take 6 days to complete.

My expansions went down from 4 to 2 days for like 2 expansions, and now it shot up to 6 days! Costs 2.5 mil, and am at pretty low no. Of blocks. The pet rooms are still at higher gems.

Sigh... Why me???

enaid03
05-29-12, 08:56 AM
I'm on the 19th block, 2.5 million, and 6 days. All of my expansions up to this point were 2 days max.

This has been pure torture. 6 days is taking all the fun out of the game. What is the next one going to be? 2 weeks?

I could tolerate it if there was something to do. But sitting back collecting coins and visiting neighbors is not what I am looking for in a game. I NEED something to do. My interest in this game is decreasing just like nothing to do in ZS2 or PSS.

queentina3
06-01-12, 06:06 PM
I had only 4 expansions when I started that were 2 days, then they went to 4 days, then I had ONE expansion that got changed to a 2 day then WHAM, I've been hit with nothing but 6 days since. This one block that still has 2 days left to expand has been in the process for over a week now as it took me 3 days just to get enough reservations to START the 6 days. When it is completed and I can request again, it's going to take 3-4 days just to get all the reservations in before I can even hit the button telling it to start, then I'll still have to wait 6 days for it to finish.

I'm seriously considering just giving up on the game. Having to wait 10-12 days to just expand that little 4-block area isn't worth it any longer. If we want a big room that one expansion, plus decorating it could take up to 2-3 weeks, as many of my decoratings have now increased to 2 days. Almost 3 weeks to finally have that little area functioning is just not worth playing any longer.

missbandette
05-19-13, 12:41 AM
Does anyone have any updated info on hotel expansions? I think I'm on my 30th and I think it's 3 days and its 7,000,000 and 36 reservations. I'm just trying to get an idea on how much higher the prices get. This thread doesn't seem accurate as I haven't had any 6 day expansions. Could anyone tell me what I'm in for on future expansion costs?

missbandette
05-19-13, 01:01 AM
I'm sorry I'm on my 27th expansion, wow I hope it's not 6 days!!!

missbandette
05-26-13, 11:48 PM
To anyone wondering its not 6 days. It's 3 and 7,500,000

missbandette
08-25-13, 11:09 AM
Incase anyone was looking they seem to go up by 500,000 and the last one is 14,000,000. ❤