PDA

View Full Version : Cute glitch in new update - teleporting customers

kahlan531
05-04-12, 09:09 PM
I was looking at a new neighbor's bakery (level 12) the other day, and noticed that she had her cash register turned toward the wall at the far side opposite the door. I thought that was strange and watched to see what her customers would do. They didn't even go to the register. They stopped just inside the door, then walked straight to a chair, sat down and ate.

I played around with this in my bakery, and I discovered that if I turned the cash register toward the wall and blocked the second square in from the door with the avatar, and blocked the other squares on each side, the customers would stop, then teleport themselves instantly to a chair to eat, then teleport themselves back to the door when they finished. I was still collecting coins, and the number of customers seemed to be the same. (Although in this update I have also noticed a decrease in customers down to 4 or so after the first 28 as mentioned in another post, even when my register is in its normal position.) It is nice not to have the customers walking around my bakery. I even think they are in and out faster since they don't take time to walk and perhaps I am earning coins faster. I haven't done any scientific observation on this yet, though.

It's cute to see them teleport!

sparks229
05-04-12, 10:05 PM
Can you post a picture? I'm curious to see this!

pinkster73
05-04-12, 10:29 PM
Pics! :):o

kahlan531
05-04-12, 11:22 PM
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh552/lsclarinet/4e2fc630.jpg

kahlan531
05-04-12, 11:23 PM
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh552/lsclarinet/05862cc6.jpg

kahlan531
05-04-12, 11:31 PM
One more pic. Notice nobody is walking around. They just appear at the table, eat for 10 seconds, then teleport out.
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh552/lsclarinet/0d52ff00.jpg

TimeForACuppaTea
05-05-12, 05:15 AM
This is too cool. It seems to work in Restaurant too. I just fixed both my Bakery and Restaurant to do this.

GroovyRuss
05-05-12, 06:00 AM
heck of a bug. I wouldn't get to used to it now that it is widely known due to this thread :D

mattyboo1
05-05-12, 06:09 AM
I don't even get a welcome back message in the morning

sweetstuff525
05-05-12, 06:16 AM
It works thanks

kahlan531
05-05-12, 07:09 AM
[QUOTE=mattyboo1;301116]I don't even get a welcome back message in the morning[/

I got one this morning; gone for 6 hours and earned over 49,200 coins.

tzvetkata
05-05-12, 07:31 AM
It doesn't work on my Android. Must be the new update.

kahlan531
05-05-12, 07:53 AM
Here is my bakery this morning to compare the coin count, even aftere cooking apple cider on all my drink machines.
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh552/lsclarinet/4a511b11.jpg

catgirl477
05-05-12, 09:19 AM
Ya cuz they will either go to a side or the regester, or if it is not reachable, a side of you, but they will not walk through you (like they do to each other) do they telaport, however you can not but something behind the regester this way (ie a waitress ) or they will get a broken heart and leave.

anmu11
05-05-12, 10:39 AM
Cool! Thanks kahlan!

rayen23
05-05-12, 10:41 AM
Thnks a lot u have passed fecsupers t design we earn money more faster.

mattyboo1
05-05-12, 11:01 AM
Do the customers teleport when you are not playing the game can anyone confirm that

sweetstuff525
05-05-12, 11:02 AM
Do the customers teleport when you are not playing the game can anyone confirm that

They do because you earn money while you are away

kahlan531
05-05-12, 11:04 AM
It doesn't work on my Android. Must be the new update.

It is the new update. It doesn't work in my Valentine's Bakery. I couldn't get it to work on Restaurant either where I have a modified version of fecsuper's T design that earns coins pretty quickly. (Thank you fecsuper! Are you coming back??)

According to one of my neighbors, flytothestars, she doesn't see them teleport when she visits my bakery. They just walk through the hostess. But I like not having to see them walk through the restaurant from my view. Also, I think it does earn coins faster although I haven't done a controlled experiment with it yet. I'll have to wait until I sell out of my 10 coin foods first.

mattyboo1
05-05-12, 11:05 AM
I wa thinking that if you limit your tables and chairs so you earn coins faster when your gone the customers might go normally and you'll lose coins that way

mattyboo1
05-05-12, 11:10 AM
Who has had increased coin earnings since they've done this

kahlan531
05-05-12, 11:20 AM
I wa thinking that if you limit your tables and chairs so you earn coins faster when your gone the customers might go normally and you'll lose coins that way

I have 25 valid seats, probably a few more than I actually need. In my restaurant, I designed the seating as best I could after fecsuper's T design without moving my door, and that has worked well. But I never bothered with bakery. Now I seem to be earning coins faster. Also, it doesn't seem to matter how far away the seats are because the customers don't take the time to walk there. However, it's possible that the number of customers eating per hour remains the same whether they walk to the seats or not. Again, I really like not having them stroll through the bakery, and I can enjoy the pretty images more. Kind of like farm, where there are no weird cartoon characters milling about my pretty screen.:o

mattyboo1
05-05-12, 11:27 AM
Well maybe you could add me see how I set my restaurant up my Id is mattyboo1

kahlan531
05-05-12, 11:35 AM
Well maybe you could add me see how I set my restaurant up my Id is mattyboo1

Ok, I'll add you now and take a look!

kahlan531
05-05-12, 11:36 AM
Matty, your customers are teleporting...

kahlan531
05-05-12, 11:40 AM
Later today, when I have more time, I will do a controlled time test, both with the game open and closed, and see if this setup earns coins faster or not.

anmu11
05-05-12, 01:15 PM
To me it seems I'm making about twice as much coins in the same time. No controlled experiment either, but now when I come back after closing the game for a while I have more coins than I usually do.

Another thing that I noticed in bakery: when I open the game the pips start to come in and teleport themselves and I have 10 pips eating. Then I see the adding of the coins at my door go fast. After a while the amount of pips eating drops to 4 and the adding speed of coins drops accordingly. Have you noticed that too?

mattyboo1
05-05-12, 01:22 PM
Kahlan 531 did you add my restaurant or bakery which game has the teleporting customers in my restaurant/bakery did you check my restaurant or my bakery

mattyboo1
05-05-12, 01:26 PM
I'm thinking that I set up my restaurant for teleporting it should work there to right

mattyboo1
05-05-12, 01:26 PM
Because I actually meant my restaurant

mattyboo1
05-05-12, 01:27 PM
Oh wow sorry that did not quote it properly

rockhollow
05-05-12, 04:36 PM
I tried this with my bakery, following you photo, and my customers just walk right through my avatar and continue to the seats. I guess it doesn't work. I play on an ipad - any suggestions - I'd also like the idea of not having the customers walking throughout my bakery.

sparks229
05-05-12, 08:21 PM
I tried this with my bakery, following you photo, and my customers just walk right through my avatar and continue to the seats. I guess it doesn't work. I play on an ipad - any suggestions - I'd also like the idea of not having the customers walking throughout my bakery.

Mine teleported. I'm on iPad too. And I'm kinda in love with this glitch:o
Are you on version 1.5.1?

mattyboo1
05-05-12, 08:24 PM
I don't get a welcome back message half the time see this thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28237-Im-not-getting-welcome-back-message

anmu11
05-05-12, 08:30 PM
I just woke up and the amount of coins earned over night seems to be the same as always, so I was wrong about the raise in earned coins. I kinda like the pips walk around my bakery so I think I'm gonna go back to the 'normal' set up. But I'll keep following this thread, I'm curious what you guys find out more about this glitch :)

kahlan531
05-05-12, 08:50 PM
Matty, I invited your bakery, but I see now that you did say restaurant. I looked at your restaurant and the customers are just walking through the avatar. They did this on my restaurant too...I couldn't get it to work. But they are definitely teleporting in your bakery. They walk to the one chair just to the right of the register, but teleport to all the other chairs.

Sorry about your welcome back message problem. I have never had a problem with that. Have you emailed support? I emailed them about another issue and they are having their engineers look into it.

kahlan531
05-05-12, 08:50 PM

It didn't work on my Valentine version -- just on the new update. Are you on the new update?

Chelsea79
05-05-12, 08:53 PM
Yeah! It work both my RS and bs... You earn coins faster... Love it!

rockhollow
05-05-12, 09:22 PM
It didn't work on my Valentine version -- just on the new update. Are you on the new update?

I'm not sure which version I have. how do I check?In my updates from iTunes?

rockhollow
05-05-12, 09:24 PM
I just went to my app store and see that there was a update for bakery story, so I'm now updating - maybe the teleporting will work.

rockhollow
05-05-12, 09:27 PM
And now with the update, my people are now being transported. Thanks to everyone.

nmishii
05-05-12, 09:54 PM
I tried this on my Android and it doesn't work.

creeturous
05-05-12, 09:55 PM
This works in my bakery but in RS they walk out with the red angry face balloon... Very cute, thanks for sharing :)

sweetstuff525
05-06-12, 07:15 AM
This works in my bakery but in RS they walk out with the red angry face balloon... Very cute, thanks for sharing :)

this happened yesterday to me while redecorating... just keep playing with the hostess move the stuff around her.... behind her dont put nothing nor on the side of the space behind her.... it worked for me... evnthough they dont walk they still need a walk through and able to reach chairs dont block chairs

http://i45.tinypic.com/2gtrbs2.png

shakiba
05-06-12, 08:02 AM
Wow, thats cool!

rockhollow
05-06-12, 08:17 AM
wow, after having my customers teleporting all night, I ran out of food in the night, customers are really moving through my bakery. Hope I have enough food to last throughout the day. I am racking up the coins - it's still a long way to 6000000 to be able to expand.

sweetstuff525
05-06-12, 08:19 AM
wow, after having my customers teleporting all night, I ran out of food in the night, customers are really moving through my bakery. Hope I have enough food to last throughout the day. I am racking up the coins - it's still a long way to 6000000 to be able to expand.

yeah i earned more coins than usual.. and i can decorate instead of having a row of tables or fecs designed

rockhollow
05-06-12, 08:26 AM
yeah i earned more coins than usual.. and i can decorate instead of having a row of tables or fecs designed

I never thought about that, I also have my tables set up for quick eating, not style. I'll be happy to move my tables into a more pleasing pattern - thanks!

anmu11
05-06-12, 10:32 AM
How many pips do you guys have eating at the same time? If I set up the teleporting config, I start with 10, but after a while only 4 pips are eating at any given moment. I am curious to hear how is that with you?

queentina3
05-06-12, 10:35 AM
I'm loving this in BS. I'm glad you told us how to make this work in RS as well, now I can re-redecorate as I had implemented fec's design (sort of) there yesterday. LOL

caesarslaw
05-06-12, 10:48 AM
shhhh...if TL finds out you earn more coins this way, they'll definitely fix this "bug"

my bakery tables are far away so I'm earning more coins because customers don't have to walk so far

queentina3
05-06-12, 10:58 AM
LOL, in BS I'm doing it so my counters will finally clear off. I have waaaay to much food and I refuse to throw it away as it is all $4+ earning food. I threw away all the lower profit dishes ages ago.

creeturous
05-06-12, 11:56 AM
this happened yesterday to me while redecorating... just keep playing with the hostess move the stuff around her.... behind her dont put nothing nor on the side of the space behind her.... it worked for me... evnthough they dont walk they still need a walk through and able to reach chairs dont block chairs

http://i45.tinypic.com/2gtrbs2.png

Hey thanks! I'll try that and hopefully I can work it out (^__^)

GroovyRuss
05-06-12, 12:06 PM
will be fixed next update so make your coins NOW lol

kahlan531
05-06-12, 01:01 PM
I still haven't tested it with a controlled experiment, but I do think my bakery coins are earning faster. I earned over 80,000 last night in about 7 hours.

Also, it DOES work in restaurant. I hadn't updated to 1.5.1 yet, and didn't realize it. I updated just now.

The only change I made in my restaurant layout was to rotate the cash register 180 degrees. I'll post a pic next...

kahlan531
05-06-12, 01:04 PM
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh552/lsclarinet/0e674eeb.jpg

rockhollow
05-06-12, 05:03 PM
How many pips do you guys have eating at the same time? If I set up the teleporting config, I start with 10, but after a while only 4 pips are eating at any given moment. I am curious to hear how is that with you?

Yes, mine seems to be the same, at first when you open the game, 10 people eating but then it drops to 4. But it seems like the people are eating faster and the second they are done, it seems the next guy is there ready to eat.
I don't know if it's faster, but I seem to be earning more money. As I have said before, I don't do the math to find out, but I seem to be earning more money in the last day and a half since I have switched to teleporting, and my food has finally moved - I was really getting too much food, my counters were full and didn't seem to be going down but this morning I had run out of food, and that hasn't happened for a long time.

KarensKashions
05-06-12, 07:11 PM
I cannot get mine to work.

rockhollow
05-06-12, 07:38 PM
I cannot get mine to work.

I am no mean the expert in doing this, but when mine didn't work it was because I did not have the latest version ( it was suggested to me from a member here)of the game, once I updated, the teleporting worked for me.

anmu11
05-06-12, 10:14 PM
Thank you for your answer, rockhollow!

I still wonder if it sells food faster. This night I made 58.000 coins, which seems normal to me. I guess to really find out someone does have to make a controlled experiment. If I have time I'll do it and will post the results.

anmu11
05-07-12, 02:28 AM
Ok I did a little experiment. It's no rock science, but it gives an indication.

I let BS run in the background twice, once with the 'normal' set up and one with the teleporting. I let it run for 30 minutes, checked with a timer. I checked the welcome back message (coins earned) and 3 randomly chosen counters to check the decrease in food sold.

Here are my results:

Normal layout:
Coins earned 3073
Counters: all 3 decreased by 7

Teleporting layout:
Coins earned: 3951
Counters: 1 decreased by 14, 1 by 11 and 1 by 9

These results suggest that the teleporting layout is more profitable (28%) However, this experiment should be repeated a few times to have more accurate results. Anyone willing to repeat? :)

caramel54
05-07-12, 05:06 AM
It didn't work for me. I have the latest update too. When I tried it, the people would stand in the doorway and then leave unhappy causing my rating to go down

kahlan531
05-07-12, 10:57 AM
Ok, I also did a controlled experiment similar to anmu11's with three random food counters, but for 15 minutes.
My earnings were the same whether the customers were walking to the seats or teleporting.

I did each test for 15 minutes with the timer:

Teleporting customers for 15 minutes:
Welcome back screen said 2,800 coins earned.
Actual coin difference was 3,074.
Three random food counters sold 14, 15, and 15 respectively.

Walking customers for 15 minutes:
Welcome back scree said 2,800 coins earned. (Yes, exactly the same.)
Actual coin difference was 3,086.
Three random food counters sold 14, 15 and 16 respectively.

Thus, I didn't seem to be selling food faster or making more coins when the layout was set up for teleporting customers. Maybe I'll try again for a longer period of time.

However, now I am wondering why my welcome back screen showed nearly 300 coins fewer than I had actually earned? Both times!

anmu11
05-07-12, 11:19 AM
That's interesting Kahlan! This screams for more tests :)

My coins actually earned were also more than the welcome screen said. About the same difference as you.

ButterPanda
05-07-12, 11:40 AM
This is a bug. We have reported it to our engineering team.

sweetstuff525
05-07-12, 12:04 PM

ah nooooooooooo why you had to do that... we are not complaining about that...... what we are complaininng about is tap to manage feature in farm can you report that?

kahlan531
05-07-12, 12:07 PM
ah nooooooooooo why you had to do that... we are not complaining about that...... what we are complaininng about is tap to manage feature in farm can you report that?

Oh, I'm sure she means the bug about the welcome back screen not showing the correct amount of coins...LOL

bobbyrae
05-07-12, 12:19 PM

And I bet it will be fixed in no time flat too! With much efficiency, lusto and gusto, vim and vigour. No one is complaining or requesting that it be changed. But change it TL must! lol.

Meanwhile, all those other requests and complaints languish on their desks.

-.- smh.

anmu11
05-07-12, 01:03 PM
I repeated my experiment. Again 30 minutes each. This time I did the teleport layout first and the normal one second.

Here are my results:

Teleport:
Coins earned (as stated by the welcome back screen): 3915
Decrease in food on counters: -9, -10, -9

Normal:
Coins earned (wb screen): 3045
Decrease on counters: -7, -7, -8

So again the teleport is 28% more profitable (for earning coins).

I can't wait to hear Kahlan's results with a new experiment! :)

sweetstuff525
05-07-12, 01:06 PM
I repeated my experiment. Again 30 minutes each. This time I did the teleport layout first and the normal one second.

Here are my results:

Teleport:
Coins earned (as stated by the welcome back screen): 3915
Decrease in food on counters: -9, -10, -9

Normal:
Coins earned (wb screen): 3045
Decrease on counters: -7, -7, -8

So again the teleport is 28% more profitable (for earning coins).

I can't wait to hear Kahlan's results with a new experiment! :)
Don't waste more time since this glitch will be removed ...look above post by butterpanda

anmu11
05-07-12, 01:19 PM
Don't waste more time since this glitch will be removed ...look above post by butterpanda

For me it's okay if this 'feature' will be removed. I don't mind the pips walking around (actually I like it) and I don't mind waiting longer for coins to earn. The reason I got involved is that it raised my curiosity. :)

DaojinWildfire
05-07-12, 02:38 PM
This is not a valid game mechanic, so it is hard to predict what will happen to your game each time to attempt this. It may potentially cause issues for your account down the line, so it is best that you do not continue to perform this bug.

If you do use this bug, we will not be able to predict what kind of issues you may experience. This will make it difficult to provide you with the proper support should you experience any issues that result from this.

mattyboo1
05-08-12, 06:35 PM
This is not a valid game mechanic, so it is hard to predict what will happen to your game each time to attempt this. It may potentially cause issues for your account down the line, so it is best that you do not continue to perform this bug.

If you do use this bug, we will not be able to predict what kind of issues you may experience. This will make it difficult to provide you with the proper support should you experience any issues that result from this.

Issues down the line does that mean bugs and glitche could remain on peoples accounts forever

chuchulovestore
06-15-12, 06:40 PM
And I bet it will be fixed in no time flat too! With much efficiency, lusto and gusto, vim and vigour. No one is complaining or requesting that it be changed. But change it TL must! lol.

Meanwhile, all those other requests and complaints languish on their desks.

-.- smh.

"Meanwhile, all those other requests and complaints languish on their desks."

JohnDede
06-15-12, 07:17 PM
ios issues do not languish. They're all cosmetic in nature, anyway.

ThorVII
06-15-12, 08:00 PM
I don't even get a welcome back message in the morningMe neither... i am goin to cry