PDA

View Full Version : My neighbor dilemma

rockhollow
05-04-12, 08:21 PM
Here's my problem: When I first started playing with only 15 neighbors, it was easy to visit and tip them all. Then I needed more neighbors to be able to expand, so I got 35 neighbors - which became more difficult to visit and tip.

Now I get more invitations from people wanting to be neighbors, but I just don't think I have the time to visit more neighbors.

My dilemma is - should I get rid of my '0' neighbors, and accept new neighbors. I have never got rid of neighbors, it feels mean - they helped me get to where I am now in the game.

Some of my neighbors don't play much, but always seem to play a bit.

Opinions?

lovelylacey21
05-04-12, 08:28 PM
If you feel you cant keep up, definitely dont feel obligated to add more. I have 80 neighbors and alternate who I gift and tip daily. When someone hits a two star rating or less, I delete them. I don't try to keep up but do my best daily and return tips and gifts to those that sent them. This has worked well so far :).

rockhollow
05-04-12, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I guess I could delete some of my 0 neighbors, I have 16 of them. I try to tip everyone every day, but it's not always possible, but do try to gift everyday.
Do 0 neighbors never tip, I thought I sometimes get the odd tip from them?
Sometimes I miss a couple of days tipping, but my star seems to stay on 3.

kahlan531
05-04-12, 08:53 PM
I have hundreds of neighbors in farm, restaurant, and bakery. I can't tip or water all of them everyday, but here is what I do.

I gift right after the reset (if I am awake, usually 4 or 5 times a week). That way every neighbor gets a gift from me on a regular basis.

Then I tip or water neighbors and visitors who have written on my wall, and leave a short message on their wall in return. The regular neighbors are usually the same each day, about 20 or so. (They are all so friendly and sweet too - love that about these games.)

Then I tip or water neighbors who have sent me gifts (before I accept the gift.)

Lastly, time permitting of course, I choose random neighbors from the social list to tip or water, but usually I don't leave a message.

I accept all requests, even if I don't recognize the neighbor as having watered or gifted. It takes no time to accept, so I don't care if they have never visited me. I have seen some people complain about requests from neighbors who don't water or gift and threaten to delete them. That just doesn't matter to me.

I'm hesitant to delete 0-star neighbors because I often get gifts from them. They are better neighbors than the 3- and 4-star non-players who haven't logged into their games for months, and so their star rating doesn't change. Plus, I have plenty of other neighbors who tip and water LOL.

Hope that helps!

I definitely need to go through my neighbors and delete the ones who are obviously no longer playing, but that seems like work and this point and I want to keep my games fun.

lovelylacey21
05-04-12, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I guess I could delete some of my 0 neighbors, I have 16 of them. I try to tip everyone every day, but it's not always possible, but do try to gift everyday.
Do 0 neighbors never tip, I thought I sometimes get the odd tip from them?
Sometimes I miss a couple of days tipping, but my star seems to stay on 3.

You can still tip and have a zero rating. It just means they don't tip enough to gain a higher rating.

rockhollow
05-04-12, 09:23 PM
Thanks for that - you seem to have a good system.
I usually just go into social and tip all my neighbors, but maybe I should visit and tip your way - I also have quite a few very regular neighbors that visit and message - also something I like about my bakery story.

And I like the comment about your 0 star neighbors. I thought I got the odd tip from mine, but I think like you, it must be gifts I get from them.

rockhollow
05-04-12, 09:24 PM
You can still tip and have a zero rating. It just means they don't tip enough to gain a higher rating.

Thanks, I did wonder about that.

sparks229
05-04-12, 10:03 PM
If you've got the time, I'd suggest that you go through every neighbor in your list. When I delete, and that's pretty rare, I always go to there bakery first. I'll see if they have any food spoiled. Then I'll see if their tables are full. I usually look at the wall to determine how long they've been full. I've only deleted about 10 people and to be honest, I wasn't that guilty about it. They obviously weren't playing anymore so I don't think there was any harm done.

rockhollow
05-04-12, 10:25 PM
What do I do with the requests for new neighbors? If I decline their invitation do they know? I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings - so weird cause I don't know who they are, but I remember when I was first acquiring neighbors, I was always excited when I'd get a new neighbor.

greygull
05-04-12, 11:31 PM
If you decline them, it will remove your name from their "pending invites" list. But don't feel bad about declining. If you didn't ask them to invite you, then you shouldn't worry at all. On my second account, I get several invites a week. Since that account is limited to only neighbors I have on my first account, I don't feel bad about declining. Many people either guess IDs, or see people post on the forum and just send them invites.

trace35
05-05-12, 04:20 AM
I used to tip all Nbr's when I didn't have as many but at higher levels that becomes very time consuming. I tip similarly to kahlan. Every day I tip everyone who tipped and wrote on my wall. That way I know I'm returning the favor. After that I don't feel guilty about not tipping Nbr's who don't tip me! Then I tip 3&4 star Nbr's from Nbr's list every 2nd or 3rd day just incase they have been away or missed a day tipping ( all have lives after all! ) I don't delete 0 Nbr's because I still might get a gift from them and it's no trouble to gift everyone each day. Hope that helps :-)

GroovyRuss
05-05-12, 06:04 AM
Here's my problem: When I first started playing with only 15 neighbors, it was easy to visit and tip them all. Then I needed more neighbors to be able to expand, so I got 35 neighbors - which became more difficult to visit and tip.

Now I get more invitations from people wanting to be neighbors, but I just don't think I have the time to visit more neighbors.

My dilemma is - should I get rid of my '0' neighbors, and accept new neighbors. I have never got rid of neighbors, it feels mean - they helped me get to where I am now in the game.

Some of my neighbors don't play much, but always seem to play a bit.

Opinions?

lol these days I to not hesitate to delete nbrs. I get 6 to 10 invites a day and i have to decline them all.
As for current nbrs i simply do not have the time to tip everyone so I don't. If they want to delete me
that is fine. the best nbr are the ones that gift and accept request each day but do not tip so
I do not have to tip back :D (he said ducking)

rockhollow
05-05-12, 08:04 AM
thanks everyone of their opinions. I will definatly follow some of your suggestions. I love to play my game, but do find all the tipping hard to do, it takes quite a bit of time. I don't mind spending the time on my regular neighbors who tip and gift me lots. And I will just have to decline the new invatations, as by having them, sometimes I click accept by mistake thinking it's one of my neighbors asking for a gift, and then end up with new neighbors.

rockhollow
05-05-12, 06:31 PM
Well, I have done it and declined a whole bunch of requests for neighbors, I sure hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings. I just didn't like having them there, it was so easy to accidently click on them when I am agreeing to requests from neighbors for gifts.
I have also followed other advise and only tipped neighbors who have tipped me, but gifted all my neighbors.
I have to say that it was so much faster this way - and only a little bit of guilt....

PinkStarbelly
05-05-12, 07:02 PM

Thanks, I did wonder about that.

I just want to clarify that that's not true. If you are at the 0-star bottom, it takes exactly 5 tips to reach 1-star and it's possible to give a nbr 6 tips. Which means it only takes tipping 1 single nbr daily to not be a 0-star. So if a nbr har 0-stars, trust me, that person ain't tipping NOBODY!!

rockhollow
05-05-12, 07:38 PM
Thanks for that. I think what it was is that a 0 neighbor had gifted me, and I thought that they had tipped me.
I did not tip any of my 0 neighbors today, I'm trying my new policy and only tipping regular neighbors that tip me - I do feel a bit guilty, but it just takes to long to tip all my neighbors.

PinkStarbelly
05-05-12, 10:20 PM

Thanks for that. I think what it was is that a 0 neighbor had gifted me, and I thought that they had tipped me.
I did not tip any of my 0 neighbors today, I'm trying my new policy and only tipping regular neighbors that tip me - I do feel a bit guilty, but it just takes to long to tip all my neighbors.

A lot of active players don't tip but they do gift daily and accept material requests so they're definitely not worthless. However, don't feel guilty for not tipping them if they don't tip you. I'm sure they don't care about it at all if they did choose to stay away from the tipping jungle. I would advice you to tip 3-stars and 4-stars nbrs daily if you have some spare time even if you never see them write on your wall (especially 4-stars nbr). Their stars rating tells you they're very active tippers, I used to be a 4-star player that didn't drop down to 3-stars for a VERY LONG TIME! And trust me, it's a lot of work to not fall down to 3-stars because you actually have to maintain it, it doesn't stay like that just because you reached it. At the moment I'm almost up to 200 nbrs and almost none is below 3-stars (my policy).. So I would tip without leaving a msg to save time.

rockhollow
05-06-12, 08:22 AM
A lot of active players don't tip but they do gift daily and accept material requests so they're definitely not worthless. However, don't feel guilty for not tipping them if they don't tip you. I'm sure they don't care about it at all if they did choose to stay away from the tipping jungle. I would advice you to tip 3-stars and 4-stars nbrs daily if you have some spare time even if you never see them write on your wall (especially 4-stars nbr). Their stars rating tells you they're very active tippers, I used to be a 4-star player that didn't drop down to 3-stars for a VERY LONG TIME! And trust me, it's a lot of work to not fall down to 3-stars because you actually have to maintain it, it doesn't stay like that just because you reached it. At the moment I'm almost up to 200 nbrs and almost none is below 3-stars (my policy).. So I would tip without leaving a msg to save time.

thanks for the advice. Yes, I will try to continue to tip my 3-4 star neighbors. And I do gift all my neighbors daily, and say yes to all requests for gifts. I won't get rid of any of my 0 neighbors as I see that I need to have 40 neighbors for my next expansion, so I guess I'll have to get a few more - right now I only have 36 neighbors.

purplegem611
05-06-12, 09:09 AM
I just want to clarify that that's not true. If you are at the 0-star bottom, it takes exactly 5 tips to reach 1-star and it's possible to give a nbr 6 tips. Which means it only takes tipping 1 single nbr daily to not be a 0-star. So if a nbr har 0-stars, trust me, that person ain't tipping NOBODY!! that is very true! I do delete zeros after a period of time to make sure they haven't just been busy for a while! But when I see they clear their table collecting tips but still at zero that means they are collecting my tips but not reciprocating at all! I also may leave a message like " deleting inactive NBRs if you return to playing please let me knw"