PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not like handbags?

TimeForACuppaTea
05-04-12, 01:57 PM
When I first started playing Fashion I only added nbrs who promised not to send me handbags. I wanted the money from the better gifts. But after I amassed so many shoes I wasn't sure I'd ever sell them all I relaxed on it.

Now I'm level 96 and recently had to add several new nbrs so I could expand. Would have added temp nbrs but needed more nbrs anyway since a lot of my nbrs have quit. I only had 23 nbrs.

So now I've got a nbr who gifts nothing but handbags and it's starting to bug me. But she is also a level 96 and has so many nbrs I can't get a gift through to her.

So makes me wonder is there something about handbags I don't see?

driftboutique
05-04-12, 02:22 PM
I usually decline the handbags because I don't want to display them in my store. However, for high-level players, many of us not only have more shoes than we could ever sell, we also have more sweaters and black pants than we know what to do with. Precisely because it is the lowest value gift, most people do not have many handbags, which I think is why some higher-level players now send them. It's the only gift we have a chance of selling out of.

I just wish they would give us new gifts. It cannot possibly be hard to do and it would make many players very, very happy!

TimeForACuppaTea
05-04-12, 02:40 PM
That makes sense. I'm level 96 but my setup is not typical so I've had no problem selling off all my shoes and such. So I'd rather not get handbags, they sell off too fast. But I do remember when I had a more typical setup and I had so many shoes I didn't think I'd ever sell them.

Guess I need to add some lower level players. ;P

katysue311
05-04-12, 03:14 PM
I also decline handbags and REFUSE to send them. I do have three tables of pumps, but still prefer them, as they yield the most profit.

TimeForACuppaTea
05-04-12, 03:51 PM
I also decline handbags and REFUSE to send them. I do have three tables of pumps, but still prefer them, as they yield the most profit.

I feel exactly the same way.

With my setup though I only have one table/rack of gift items and they sell out each day. So I'm not worried about a pileup of stock. But I understand how some people would be.

digital_ghost
05-04-12, 11:25 PM
I have a ridiculous amount of shoes so I don't mind handbags too much. What I'd really like is sweaters. They always sell out before the pants and since I hand them next to each other my pants spend a lot of time looking lonely lol.

So wish theyd give us new gifts.. Some sort of accessory or a cuter purse maybe.

rubifamous
05-05-12, 05:20 AM
I decline contrast pumps but the handbags r ugly

candyglam
05-05-12, 03:46 PM
Right now I'm declining all gifts because I have way too many shoes and no allotted space for any of the other things. I only accept gifts like once a week and then I'll take some shoes and handbags. The handbags sell quickly if I don't accept too many and I'm more likely to have a spare table instead of a rack. The contrast pumps can get out of control for users with lots of neighbors. But I don't think the handbags are very attractive. Lol

amymcc
05-06-12, 06:38 AM
I don't gift the handbags because I know most people don't want them. But I always accept them when someone gifts them to me. I like yellow, and I think they give a spot of color to my shop.

sourlicorice2
05-06-12, 07:14 AM
I alternate gifting shoes, pants and sweaters. I don't send handbags but do get them as gifts. I don't mind, I accept them.

TimeForACuppaTea
05-06-12, 11:07 PM
I decline contrast pumps but the handbags r ugly

Glad I'm not the only one. I think they are ugly too. I usually decline more so because I don't want them in my shop. If I saw them in a store I'd walk right past them.

I usually alternate between shoes, pants and sweaters too. I never send handbags.I kinda send sweaters more than anything just cause they're more colorful.

I do wish we could get some new gift items. Maybe some spring or summer clothes. Maybe some sandals, shorts, tank top or sundress.

kyderbygirl
05-07-12, 06:48 PM
I too don't gift them often because so many people have said they dislike them, but I accept them. I like the yellow and I am so tired of shoes- I think I have a million pairs.... and am starting to detest the red sweaters, lol. My usual gift is the black pants.... A girl can never go wrong with a pair of black pants! *wink*
Please please give new gift options!

MizCricket
05-08-12, 02:46 PM
I almost always gift the shoes because they're worth the most, but my favorite gift to receive is the handbags because I love yellow, and they look good on the new teal tables. The pants and sweaters are just boring.

awertie
05-08-12, 04:23 PM
I like the handbags because nobody gifts them and they add color to my blocked off gift section. The shoes are annoying to receive because I have sooo many. I don't really like the sweaters and pants because I think they look boring and colorless. New gifts would be awesome! Please!!