PDA

View Full Version : Re-naming pets

atsixes
05-04-12, 12:46 PM
My swan came with the name Picasso. As grand as it sounds, all my pets are named in japanese katakana characters. I renamed it ジークフリード after Swan Lake's Siegfried. The name gets wiped out and Picasso returns. I changed it, did a few things, changed my hippo's name too, forced closed. Then i accessed it again, and the name ジークフリードstuck. That was a couple of days ago.

Today, I got Siegfried his mate, and when I tried to go in to rename it to Odette, Siegfried is ジークフリード no more! He has reverted back to Picasso!!!!

Is there a maximum no. Of characters for the names? Had I exceeded the limit? If so, shouldn't I not see ジークフリード at all after I click on the okay button?

driftboutique
05-04-12, 02:31 PM
There is a maximum limit, but the entry field will cut you off if you try to exceed it so that's not the issue here. I have renamed all my pets and had no problems with the names sticking. I wonder if the problem has something to do with the katakana -- it may be set up largely to accommodate latin characters. I'm just guessing here. You might want to try naming an animal with latin characters to see if you have the same problems. You could also email support@teamlava.com since this might actually be a bug they would want to fix to accommodate international players :)

atsixes
05-04-12, 06:12 PM
There is a maximum limit, but the entry field will cut you off if you try to exceed it so that's not the issue here. I have renamed all my pets and had no problems with the names sticking. I wonder if the problem has something to do with the katakana -- it may be set up largely to accommodate latin characters. I'm just guessing here. You might want to try naming an animal with latin characters to see if you have the same problems. You could also email support@teamlava.com since this might actually be a bug they would want to fix to accommodate international players :)

Don't think is the katakana. All the other katakana names stuck. Odette in katakana stuck. I had even tried with half-width katakana which should be single byte instead of double byte... Didn't work either. I had calculated, the maximum no of characters is 15. Assuming full katakana is double byte then technically I should get 7 as max for katakana. ジーグフリード would be exactly 7.

It isn't exactly critical, I can rename him to something else. Just wanted to check if it is a bug or otherwise. I'd much rather they spend their time improving other critical bugs, or coming out with more pets. Multiple ongoing or shorter-timed expansions would be great!

Cheers!:cool: