PDA

View Full Version : What do you do on mother's day?

Limaxa
05-04-12, 04:51 AM
Hello! This year i really don't know what to do on mother's Day:( The big problem is : i have no money.. I've bought an expensive Dress for my graduation Ball, and now i can't buy her something special. Maybe you could give me some ideas? What are you planning to do on this day?:rolleyes: i really love my mum so i don't want her to be disappointed:)
P.s. Mother's day is on May, 13

pinksugar800
05-04-12, 04:54 AM
Just give her a hug and a kiss with a " I love you" will make her day...
Otherwise...
CHOCOLATES:p

Limaxa
05-04-12, 04:59 AM
Just give her a hug and a kiss with a " I love you" will make her day...
Otherwise...
CHOCOLATES:p

Yes chocolate is always a good idea.. But in the past i gifted her many nice (expensive) things.. So i'm afraid of her reaction :(

mamawDi
05-04-12, 08:33 AM
A homemade card is nice and just spending time with her. You could also pamper her with her feet up and a cooked meal. I know the little thing mean more to me. I have an older son who buys something but doesn't have any time for me. I also have a special needs son who makes homemade cards but I love them both.

pinkster73
05-04-12, 08:45 AM
Make her a coupon book with the coupons being for things you will do. Like coupons for:

One sweeping
One vacuuming
One wash the dishes
One errand
Etc

My kids do this for me and its awesome

sourlicorice2
05-04-12, 09:59 AM
Yes chocolate is always a good idea.. But in the past i gifted her many nice (expensive) things.. So i'm afraid of her reaction :(

It's not the price of a gift that's important. It's the thought behind a gift whether is small or big.

viviansmo
05-04-12, 10:05 AM
sometimes I spend a lot on my mother, sometimes not so much ... she understands that some years I have more disposable income than others.
don't worry about the price of the gift, just be thoughtful about it. spending time with her could be the best gift of all.

kattybell
05-04-12, 10:10 AM
I usually pick flowers that are in the garden for my mom, or make her breakfast. :)

kooky panda
05-04-12, 10:38 AM
If she likes to cook. Find a receipe that she does not have.

Put the receipe on a receipe card, then get a basket ( or use one your already have)
and buy the ingredients for that receipe.

My mom did this for me at Easter ( a new type of pasta receipe) and it was really cool, because I could try a new receipe, but not have to go and find all the ingredients.

Limaxa
05-04-12, 12:01 PM
If she likes to cook. Find a receipe that she does not have.

Put the receipe on a reciepe card, then get a basket ( or use one your already have)
and buy the ingredients for that receipe.

My mom did this for me at Easter ( a new type of pasta receipe) and it was really cool, because I could try a new receipe, but not have to go and find all the ingredients.

Wow that's a good idea :).. She really like to cook different meals.. Thank you!

cupcakes4cece
05-04-12, 12:36 PM
I don't do anything, since I don't have a mother. When my stepmother was around (almost 9 years ago), we used to just go out to dinner or something.

TimeForACuppaTea
05-04-12, 01:04 PM
As a mom I'm always telling my family there are plenty of special things they could do for me that wouldn't cost a penny.

1. Give me a day off. Clean the house for me. I don't know how you are about helping your mom around the house. But there is always things that need done that get put off till later. Help her get those things off her to do list. Or just help with general cleaning.

2. Take over the cooking. Even if your mom enjoys cooking it's always nice to have someone treat you to a meal they make themselves. It's a bit different then just getting taken out to dinner cause it's made with love. Be sure not to leave a mess behind for her to clean up after. ;P

3. A trip down memory lane. Gather up photos and mementos and take a stroll through her life and yours. Find some photos of before you were born and ask her to tell you the story behind them. She'll enjoy telling you about her life and you'll learn a bit about your mom you may not have known before. Find things from your childhood and remember all the good times you've had growing up and having her as your mom. Mom's love remember when their kids were little. We rarely get the chance to do it. My daughter is a teen and she hates when I see something on TV that reminds me of her childhood. She'd rather forget that she used to love Barney. :P

4. Breakfast in bed. I know it's cliche but it really does make a person feel special.

Honestly she will love anything you do. All that really matters is that you actually thought of her and put a little effort into it. Anyone can just take their mom out to dinner. But it means so much more when your kids put a little thought and effort into it.

copycats
05-04-12, 09:59 PM
Sleep:)

lylahmae
05-05-12, 04:05 AM
When I was a kid we would take my mom to the zoo every mother's day. It was great and back then there weren't many people there that day. I now take my daughter but it's busy, still fun and it's nice to spend the day together just us. (If you bring your own picnic it is cheaper)

jumphigh128
05-06-12, 11:59 AM
I always make my mom a card....last year i made her a flower/butterfly themed spinner card.....this year I'm making her a pop up book...breakfast in bed is a really good idea....but I CANNOT COOK!!!!!!! :(

Limaxa
05-06-12, 01:11 PM
I always make my mom a card....last year i made her a flower/butterfly themed spinner card.....this year I'm making her a pop up book...breakfast in bed is a really good idea....but I CANNOT COOK!!!!!!! :(

That's also very nice:) and i can't cook too ^^ .. maybe a Coffee and a Croissant is enough?

purpsandherb
05-07-12, 10:01 PM
a day with her is always heartfelt! take a good walk with her. make dinner together. do. a photo craft together or go fishing if she likes that. cleaning the house for her is always appreciated! know from experience with low budget

Ic3e
05-07-12, 10:24 PM
My mom's really into jewelry so I'm planning on making her a pair of earrings.

(Yes. I know how to make earrings)