PDA

View Full Version : Designing 4 profits & expansion

yamahar6rulz
05-03-12, 08:35 PM
:DHi there! The purpose of this layout was to use the least amount of tables to earn profits smoothly (coins are nice for expansion lol) so I can use the rest of my bakery for designing ^_^ It was a long process, and thanks to my neighbor Sir Tomee, who managed to find a lovely placement for extra chairs which helped so much, we have come up with a working design which suits the base needs I'd been hoping for. We have seen just a few broken-hearted customers, but it happens in spurts and quickly bounces back to 100 happy customer heart rating overall. Hopefully the images show up okay so you can see what it looks like.

Can anyone else test with us to see if this really does work for others too? I'm guilty of hijacking my boyfriends bakery to run my experiments now lol (this used to be his ID lol!) I've noticed my primary bakery earned almost 55 thousand coins over the course of 9 hours while I was at work (4 coin plates only). I guess I'm wondering if others can notice a rise in profits too with this design while enjoying more space for decorating with all the lovely things Team Lava creates for us to place in our bakeries ^_^ Thanks so much! Happy baking everyone!

catgirl477
05-03-12, 09:02 PM
Well you can have up to 28 coustomers in your baker at once so i have that many tables in mine

yamahar6rulz
05-03-12, 09:15 PM
Oh yes I'm aware of the amount of customers we are allowed to have, and I've seen that fecsuper design of 9x7 but I wanted to push it a little by tying to go smaller since I like extra space to design lol. The customers do need to sit and eat and then get up and go, so at some point 28 tables and chairs really isn't necessary, as not all 28 customers will sit down and eat at the same exact time ^_^

PinkStarbelly
05-04-12, 02:28 AM
Hm .. By looking at it I can already make a comparison .. Yours is a bit smaller 7x7 so one can save 14 squares compares to fecs 7x9. However, using your design doesn't utilize it's design as well as fecs. Fecs kind of did the ultimate design that can't be altered in any way for better result (talking about the principles of the design, adding tables following the design doesn't count). It's maximized because the custumer that has to walk the furthest is like 7 squares, I think. 7 squest in every possible direction .. While yours is like 11 .. And the 2 tables you have in the middle by them selves, they don't garantee that the costumer takes the short way there .. And if they were to take the long way, you have more than 1 chair that takes 11 squares to reach .. So basically, within 7x7 squares, one can make lots of different layouts for the same result. Hope you don't take it in a bad way .. Just constructive criticism :)

Another question - WOOOW!! How many appliances does your bf have?! o_O

yamahar6rulz
05-06-12, 02:40 PM
Our design is actually an 8x7, seats 19, (fecs a 9x7 seats 19) so*to say our design doesn't utilize as well as fecs when it's the same seating & sells off the maximum 42,000 plates of food the game allows, sorry, don't see it lol. Afterall, we did meet all standards of selling and became more efficient with a smaller package.

I'm not offended at all by what you said PinkStarbelly ;) Between 27 testers, along with Sir Tomees, Daily Bonus profits rose dramatically. Day 2 Daily Bonus was $30,389 for my bakery & Sir Tomee's Day 3 Bonus was $44,998. The design is proving to be successful so far.*
All testers used fecs design before trying this one we came up with.

Feedback such as "Your time was well spent working on this design." & "MOST EFFICIENT SEATING ARRANGEMENT for bakery story. It works flawlessly." & "It only takes up 56 tiles is all. It's amazing!" & "This design, coincidentally, with the new update, which decreased the amount of customers coming into the bakery, worked flawlessly.", made trying to come up with something and testing it so much fun and worth while.*

Additional testers can help us figure out if design somehow does affect a Daily Bonus like we have experienced. It's a fun test challenge lol. We read on here it's random, but since using the design our daily bonus has just been amazing lol. So the more testers and reporters of daily bonus the better ^_^

Sir Tomee is my neighbor, I don't know his oven count but it's well over 140; that's his bakery shown in the pics ^_^ He changes his bakery daily with fun designs that many enjoy ^_^ My boyfriends bakery is not shown; it's just this test design and some trees lol!*

rockhollow
05-06-12, 08:01 PM
I'll give your design a go. I 'm trying to make as much money as possible, I want to expand, and need lots of coins, as fast as I can. I so want to expand, I hate the wait.

PinkStarbelly
05-06-12, 09:01 PM
Sorry for my ignorance. I based the things I wrote fully on the fact that it takes time for costumer to walk to their seats and fecs designed his layout so that no seat would take more than 7 squarea to walk while in your design the furhest seat is further away than fecs, that's all. Ofcourse you together with all your testers has done more thorough calculations and has gotten better number than fecs, that, I can not argue with since I haven't tried your design.

I did read in some thread (don't remember which one) that they were talking about how designs effect the daily bonuses. At the time I didn't understand anything but I guess that too, comes from your work. Since I don't have problems with my daily earnings and I'm focusing more on PHS at the moment, I don't re-design to try your design. However, I'll patiently wait and see what results you guys find about the increase of daily bonuses.

And my bad, I thought he was your bf instead on nbr. Hehe! Good luck with the discoveries! :D

yamahar6rulz
05-06-12, 11:48 PM
Thanks rockhollow ^_^ hopefully you can see a boost in profits too. It seems that the larger bakeries get a bigger daily bonus but that's so far a guess-timate since we are only on day 3 of tracking daily bonuses. So far the plates of food are selling off as intended so that's good. Also, some people have placed the cash register either closer or furthest from the door, behind or in front of a chair (hope that makes sense lol), but both sell off 42,000. One rare case has sold over 42,000 so more testing has to be done to see if maybe there was an error in time calculation. I've got mine set like a stopwatch lol. When I visit my bakery I immediately block the door and see how many plates of food I've got left before serving the new food. I serve one type of food in one of my bakeries. I take note of the new available plate count, unblock the door, log the time and leave my home bakery view. Daily bonus has steadily been past 15,000 coins, I'm looking forward to seeing Day 4 today :)*

PinkStarbelly no worries ^_^ you never were ignorant at all don't say that ;) This test of ours is different in the sense we did decide to aim for a smaller design while keeping 19 seats and hoped it would do well hahaha! Every day is like biting fingernails in anticipation of the Daily Bonuses and plates selling. As the game is always changing, numbers of plates sold daily and more, it's hard to find something "permanent" and "perfect", & that's okay too since we are having fun setting challenges and goals for ourselves as we try to strategically find a way to advance in our games. It all starts with coins ^_^ we need coins to bake, level up, and hopefully expand & decorate stylishly XD All testers involved (unsure about rockhollow) have used fecs design and were so content with the results. But the game changed and that caused the designs results to change, so we just decided to try some tests of our own ^_^ I'm still pushing tables around though to see if theres alternative designs, but for the moment this one is our new toy design to play with lol. It would be cool if our avatars could wear Lab coats bahaha! I work 6 days a week, but I'll try to get some images and info posted in the Daily Bonuses thread on here to show the way profits have risen since testing began :) We wanna get a full lineup of bonuses from Day 1-4 twice to see how the 8 days compare :) Some of us support the game buying gems so we just wanna get the most fun out of playing we can lol 

GroovyRuss
05-07-12, 07:19 AM
:DHi there! The purpose of this layout was to use the least amount of tables to earn profits smoothly (coins are nice for expansion lol) so I can use the rest of my bakery for designing ^_^ It was a long process, and thanks to my neighbor Sir Tomee, who managed to find a lovely placement for extra chairs which helped so much, we have come up with a working design which suits the base needs I'd been hoping for. We have seen just a few broken-hearted customers, but it happens in spurts and quickly bounces back to 100 happy customer heart rating overall.

that's because when they leave broken hearted your customer rate slows down so now you get more time
and now customers rating rises again thus your customer entrance rate increases again until this process repeats.

bakerbarbie12
05-07-12, 08:55 AM
I plan to try this out tonight but I have one question...looking at the pics, it seems there is no where for the cashier to stand. Does this create a problem or am i seeing it incorrectly? Thanks!

Oooops my black forrest cake is ready!

yamahar6rulz
05-07-12, 09:48 AM
that's because when they leave broken hearted your customer rate slows down so now you get more time
and now customers rating rises again thus your customer entrance rate increases again until this process repeats.
I know ^_^ but thanks a bunch for explaining that for those that may not because it helps to portray it's not necessarily a bad thing to see some broken hearts every now and then when overall the design handles the plate sellings :) Oh! GroovyRuss, Sir Tomee actually placed 3 doors in his bakery with this design and it failed to triple profits like implicated in the thread u were posting in. He pushed all his ovens around trying only to see his selling rate drop. I wish we could understand the 3 door concept you spoke of better, but experiments with the latest version of bakery story has failed the 3 door design theory. Any input?

bakerbarbie12, take a a peek at the image with the green tables closer up; cash register is in the center. There's no avatar showing with the way the register is placed since it's right against the chair. You can move the register around if you want your avatar to show, customers will just walk right through them ^_^ If you do try it out, def take notice of your daily profits the next day and see if it's any higher than you normally would get. Many testers are comparing daily bonus' to see if it's truly random or affected by design. It just so happens one of my bakeries is the stubborn one lol. It's not showing super high results like the others, whereas the one with this ID is the one that got over $16,000 day 1 yesterday lol. Day 1 bonus results for testers have been from 4,000-26,000 coins.

GroovyRuss
05-07-12, 10:14 AM
I know ^_^ but thanks a bunch for explaining that for those that may not because it helps to portray it's not necessarily a bad thing to see some broken hearts every now and then when overall the design handles the plate sellings :) Oh! GroovyRuss, Sir Tomee actually placed 3 doors in his bakery with this design and it failed to triple profits like implicated in the thread u were posting in. He pushed all his ovens around trying only to see his selling rate drop. I wish we could understand the 3 door concept you spoke of better, but experiments with the latest version of bakery story has failed the 3 door design theory. Any input?

broken hearts are fine as long as you stay at 100%. if you drop to 99% or lower then you take a huge turnover hit.

There is a reason i do 86K plates served a day :D

I made 860K coin in just 24 hours 2 days ago when i tested with hot apple cider only ( 10 coin )
I have my forth door now so i should break 100K a day soon. Depend if i can move my control points (Irish waitresses)
2 squares or just 1 before getting too many broken hearts.

GroovyRuss
05-07-12, 10:25 AM

well anyone can look at my set up and see. Like you said maybe version 151 lol
I use VD version still.

1 of my nbrs is doing 100k already. I'm trying to catch him lol Another nbr is
experimenting with 4 doors for the last 3 or 4 days and has some interesting results.

what i have found is to just keep it simple like my set up when adding doors and MAKE sure you section off.
If you do not section off and make in my example shop **3** smaller bakeries inside you one big bakery
then more doors will not help **AT ALL*** may even slow it down.

GroovyRuss
05-07-12, 10:27 AM
1.5.1 has the teleporting glitch also so i simply feel testing in 1.5.1 is not a good idea.

GroovyRuss
05-07-12, 10:29 AM
oh BTW it appears iphone and android and other versions may be part of the reason people
are seeing different rates.

lydiatelad
05-07-12, 02:48 PM
Hi guys and girls,

I have done some experiments with 4 door bakery against fecsupers model - each over a complete 24 hour period.
All food on 35 counters was 4 gold except for one plate of scrummy gingerbread cookies (8 gold).
No baking started during either period, and no food served.
Profit from visiting friends not recorded (do you think I'm a total geek) but estimated only $750 each day.
Running VD version of BS on iphone, running force closed most of day.

GroovyRuss model was 4 doors with 4 cash registers, each only having 7 tables and chairs - maximum 4 square walk to table.
Fecsuper model had 20 chairs, all within 9 squares of a single door.

Results
4 door model - daily profit from food sales $179,400 (plus $5,400 daily bonus plus $5,160 from tips)
Fecsuper model - daily profit from food sales $163,750 (plus $10,500 daily bonus plus $5,380 from tips)

So significant increase in sales with 4 door model, although perhaps not quite as much as expected.
I now have 5 doors - each serving 5 tables and chairs. However I now have some better priced food, so will be unable to replicate experiment.
Have now spent 40 gems on doors!!

GroovyRuss
05-07-12, 04:47 PM
Hi guys and girls,

I have done some experiments with 4 door bakery against fecsupers model - each over a complete 24 hour period.
All food on 35 counters was 4 gold except for one plate of scrummy gingerbread cookies (8 gold).
Profit from visiting friends not recorded (do you think I'm a total geek) but estimated only $750 each day.

GroovyRuss model was 4 doors with 4 cash registers, each only having 7 tables and chairs - maximum 4 square walk to table.

Results
4 door model - daily profit from food sales $179,400 (plus $5,400 daily bonus plus $5,160 from tips)
Fecsuper model - daily profit from food sales $163,750 (plus $10,500 daily bonus plus $5,380 from tips)

So significant increase in sales with 4 door model, although perhaps not quite as much as expected.
I now have 5 doors - each serving 5 tables and chairs. However I now have some better priced food, so will be unable to replicate experiment.
Have now spent 40 gems on doors!!

ok some questions.

how many served each day? knowing this you do not have to track food coinage.
Are you getting any broken hearts?
what happens if you move your register into the door like i have?

when i visit your shop i do not see any customers. Something fishy is going on there. lol

i like the layout :D

GroovyRuss
05-07-12, 05:13 PM
ok went in and out your shop a number of times. Finally customers appeared.
First thing i noticed TOO MANY Broken hearts you are losing a lot of turnover there.
IN fact i am watching it now and saw 4 broken hearts AT THE SAME TIME.

I suggest you add at least 1 table/chair to each section. Maybe 2 since the doors
do not distribute customers evenly.

mattyboo1
05-07-12, 05:26 PM
Hi guys and girls,

Results

Have now spent 40 gems on doors!! do you mean almost a MILLION COINS A DAY

yamahar6rulz
05-07-12, 08:37 PM
*phew* there's a lot goin on here to catch up with bahaha! What I do take notice of is that you mentioned the glitchy Valentines version of bakery; none of our testers are using soon to be outdated versions of bakery so we save time trying to better the methodology of designing for profits. We uninstalled when the prompts began and people began mentioning nasty glitches lol. I'm going to still share the info with my friends and touch base soon, thanks for explaining the premise behind how you're 3 doors have worke for ya ;) I wish it were for the standard version of bakery story :(

yamahar6rulz
05-07-12, 08:53 PM

Geeks make the world what it is lol! I love Geeks, without them we wouldn't have the technology we do. As for what u said, if ur basing your design on "fecs 20 chair model" sorry it's corrupted as fecs design held 19 seats. Or did you have a typo there? I count 10 on the left side of his green table design and 9 on the right; the register is right by the door. Either way, we're trying to come up with somethin reasonable for those that don't have a massive layout with gems to spare for 5 doors lol. Comparing notes with one another helps stop a project dead in it's tracks faster once we see it's failing. Not to mention it's true what was mentioned about different devices being a factor. One thing is the same: the way Team Lava configured the game lol. We are all just trying to comprehend it. Some small level bakeries in this project just want to see big profits like everyone else, "in all fairness".*

ArtsyTartsy1
07-05-12, 11:21 PM
Can you post a better picture for reference?

Kalel98
07-23-12, 11:44 AM
I never saw this thread before now, but I definitely just leave room for customers to come in and get out quickly. I figured the faster they were in and out, the more money I would make. I think it works well. I have every game set up that way, Bakery, Fashion, Nightclub, and Restaurant.

amentofashion
07-23-12, 12:51 PM
I'm gonna try this out sooon :) Thanks for your work!