PDA

View Full Version : DECREASE in food sales... Down to 42,000 plates per day.

AnnasCoffee
05-03-12, 09:11 AM
If I'm right... We will be making less money going forward. I have done a few tests in my bakery. It would seem they have decreased the plates we sell in 24 hours from 45,000 down to 42,000 (plates of food sold... NOT coins).

You might want to change what your cooking... We're all going to have hoards of un-sellable food again. We are going to have to wait months to earn our coins... BOO! I don't like this change. "They" are making it harder and harder for us to earn coins.

Anyone else notice a decrease in customers? To figure this there are 4 steps... (note: this is a simplified version, it will only work if you have ONLY 4 coin value foods)

1. Make a note of how long you were away from your bakery.
2. Write down how many coins you make from the "while you were away" screen.
3. Divide your coin total by 16.
4. Take your answer from step 3 and times it by 24.

So, I was away for 4 hours. I made 28,000 coins. So, my first answer is 28,000 divided by 4, which equals 1,750. Then I multiply 1,750 by 24... So I am selling 42,000 plates per day.

I was hoping someone else could do this simple test. To see if it's just me or if "they" have cut down our ability to make money... Again! We used to sell 45,000 plates per day.

It's also worth noting that I did the new update... I think this is a change that we get with version 1.5.1.

shaninshine
05-03-12, 09:31 AM
You're right, now I see it...

tzvetkata
05-03-12, 09:36 AM
You might be onto something here. I've been noticing some decreases in my profit too.

AnnasCoffee
05-03-12, 09:46 AM
Here are the steps again... Don't use the steps in my first post, they're wrong. Those steps only work if you were away for 4 hours. Here are steps that work for any time increment. Sorry.

3. Divide your coin total by the number of hours you were gone.
4. Divide your answer from step 3 by the number 4.
5. Take your answer from step 4 and times it by 24.

So if you were away for 3 hours and you made 21,000, here's how you would figure it...

21,000 divided by 3 = 7,000
7,000 divided by 4 = 1,750
1,750 x 24 = 42,000.

shaninshine
05-03-12, 10:04 AM
Omg!!!!!!!!

cakeandpie
05-03-12, 10:52 AM
Hoards of unsellable food again?? I never *didn't* have hoards of unsellable food! I have something like 75 or so counters out! I only get rid of about 1 per week and since TL releases more foods, I rarely make headway. I guess I will just have to suck it up and throw away a ton of food if I ever want to get rid of it.

oinkss
05-03-12, 01:22 PM
I've noticed as soon as I updated that there are less people in my bakery. Is this a bug or is it intentional by Teamlava?

AnnasCoffee
05-03-12, 01:41 PM
I've noticed as soon as I updated that there are less people in my bakery. Is this a bug or is it intentional by Teamlava?

I think it's BOTH. The missing customers is a bug. The decrease in sales is intentional. (just my opinion)

Heres a thread about the missing customers.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28066-Decrease-in-number-of-customers-after-updating-to-version-1.5.1

mattyboo1
05-03-12, 04:20 PM
Oh my gosh I can't keep food on my counters on bakery I'm fine with this sell rate lower but if that goes on restaurant story well the sell rate on restaurant story needs a sell rate about 3 times FASTER than it is now

GroovyRuss
05-03-12, 07:57 PM
If I'm right... We will be making less money going forward. I have done a few tests in my bakery. It would seem they have decreased the plates we sell in 24 hours from 45,000 down to 42,000 (plates of food sold... NOT coins).

You might want to change what your cooking... We're all going to have hoards of un-sellable food again. We are going to have to wait months to earn our coins... BOO! I don't like this change. "They" are making it harder and harder for us to earn coins.

Anyone else notice a decrease in customers? To figure this there are 4 steps... (note: this is a simplified version, it will only work if you have ONLY 4 coin value foods)

3. Divide your coin total by 16.
4. Take your answer from step 3 and times it by 24.

So, I was away for 4 hours. I made 28,000 coins. So, my first answer is 28,000 divided by 4, which equals 1,750. Then I multiply 1,750 by 24... So I am selling 42,000 plates per day.

I was hoping someone else could do this simple test. To see if it's just me or if "they" have cut down our ability to make money... Again! We used to sell 45,000 plates per day.

It's also worth noting that I did the new update... I think this is a change that we get with version 1.5.1.

I have actually increased to 86K served a day but i use the VD version still.

cakeandpie
05-04-12, 08:37 AM
Wouldn't it make a difference how many tables and chairs a bakery has? The amount of servings per day could not possibly be exactly the same for everyone, could it?

bobbyrae
05-04-12, 10:03 AM
Wouldn't it make a difference how many tables and chairs a bakery has? The amount of servings per day could not possibly be exactly the same for everyone, could it?
There is a set amount of customers that come in at any given time. I think it's 30? I can't remember, though. If you have more than that set number then it doesn't increase the food sales. What does make a difference is where the tables and chairs are located. Closer to the door means customers sit, eat and leave faster. So you can earn more money in a shorter period of time.

mattyboo1
05-06-12, 10:47 AM
There is a set amount of customers that come in at any given time. I think it's 30? I can't remember, though. If you have more than that set number then it doesn't increase the food sales. What does make a difference is where the tables and chairs are located. Closer to the door means customers sit, eat and leave faster. So you can earn more money in a shorter period of time.
Yes at a time

sup4mo
05-08-12, 05:35 PM
I purchased a second door and divided off my bakery into two different sections wonder if this will make a difference and or should I close off one of the doors. OMG

Shewolf311
05-14-12, 09:26 PM
Oh my gosh I can't keep food on my counters on bakery I'm fine with this sell rate lower but if that goes on restaurant story well the sell rate on restaurant story needs a sell rate about 3 times FASTER than it is now

I know this quoted post is from the third of the month, but new user to the forums here as of tonight. Hey everyone! :)

I've noticed the same thing. I started playing Restaurant Story fairly recently (currently lev 37). Loved it so much I dived into Bakery Story (bakery at level 29). My wares fly off the shelves in my bakery, and am earning money like crazy. I will admit, I put more time into my restaurant, it has more tables, I pay attention to what I cook to maximize my profit, but darn, doesn't my bakery beat out my restaurant in earnings every time.

Not that it's an issue, really. Just an observation. Love both of the games.

mali13
05-15-12, 01:49 AM
Not only that. I have also noticed that, for at least 3 weeks, we don't get the value of food/drink once ready.
Have q look. Once prepared and ready to place on the counter we get the xp but not the total amount of coins 

queentina3
05-15-12, 04:32 AM
Not only that. I have also noticed that, for at least 3 weeks, we don't get the value of food/drink once ready.
Have q look. Once prepared and ready to place on the counter we get the xp but not the total amount of coins 

You get the coins when the food is sold, not when you place it on the counter.

mali13
05-16-12, 10:10 AM
You get the coins when the food is sold, not when you place it on the counter.
Yes, we used to. Have a look on any food/drink like cappuccino. U pay 1820 (top) u get 730 units (middle right) it takes 12h (bottom left) it gives u 105 xp (2nd from bottom right) and it used to give u 7300 coins (bottom right). Then, once on the counter u get more for selling it

queentina3
05-16-12, 10:14 AM
Yes, we used to. Have a look on any food/drink like cappuccino. U pay 1820 (top) u get 730 units (middle right) it takes 12h (bottom left) it gives u 105 xp (2nd from bottom right) and it used to give u 7300 coins (bottom right). Then, once on the counter u get more for selling it

You never got money when placing it on the counter, only when the item sells. The amount you're getting, $7,300, is the +10 above the customers heads.

GroovyRuss
05-16-12, 07:46 PM

You only get that 7300 for selling it. you do get bonus XP and coin if you pass a level and of course level 2 and 4 you get a gem also.
My guess is you just thought you got coin when you put it on the counter because you passed a non gem level placing it on a counter.