PDA

View Full Version : TL, Could you give a little?

bethb6228
04-30-12, 08:01 AM
It seems to me that TL spends more time figuring out how to trick us into spending gems than they do thinking of ways to get us to WANT to buy them. I'm on level 49, and I 'll admit that ive already spent more money on BS (no pun intended) than I have spent on any new xbox 360 game. and we know what those cost, new. My point is, there's no doubt that TL makes very good money just from those willing to spend it. So why go so far as to set up gem traps? There is no denying the strategy behind the random pop ups that cause us to immediately tap OK, just to realize we've been tricked out of 24 gems. Or the "instantly finish this dish for five gems" trap when a delay causes us to tap one more time than necessary. I spend more money on this game than I should, but nothing makes me madder than knowing I was deliberately ripped off.

If TL really needs that money (ha ha), than they need to come up with ideas to get us to WANT to buy more gems.

For example, if I could gift gems to neighbors who need them, or earned them by tipping and gifting regularly, I would definately buy more gems ( willingly). I'm not saying I would like a pop up when opening the game that says " send all your neighbors 24 gems?" but it would be nice to have a SAFE option for gifting gems.

It would also be nice to be able to gift our neighbors with anything in our inventory, from a counter to a window.... seriously, there isn't much incentive for sending or even receiving gifts. Sure, I was thrilled with it, up till level ten.

While I'm at it, how about letting us exchange some rolling pins for gems or something. What do I need 200 rolling pins for? Spatulas don't even impress me anymore. Honestly, I'm amazed that some people are still playing at level 50+ . I'm losing incentive already.

Okay... I think I'm done for now.

anna1louise
04-30-12, 08:03 AM
just lost 20 gems to finish 4 1 hr choc ice cream. Sure hope my little customers enjoy those gems. Looks like I won't be using them on a box. it is discouraging.

bethb6228
04-30-12, 08:15 AM
Its definately not fair to those who work for those gems by mastering food and such... when I buy gems I spend them on stupid stuff, like a mystery box in RS that gave me a frog on a log... but when I earn those gems over time just to have them taken away to speed cook muffins...oh, how mad I get!! If people didn't feel like TL was always ripping them off, they'd be more willing to buy gems.

RoseMeyer
04-30-12, 08:47 AM
If people didn't feel like TL was always ripping them off, they'd be more willing to buy gems.

bethb6228
04-30-12, 08:48 AM
You 're probably better off without the box...who knows what you'll get. But I know how frustrating it is to lose gems like that. You might as well use all your gems to speed cook some brownies. At least that way it would be your decision to spend them, not TL, s.

AnnasCoffee
04-30-12, 08:54 AM
If people didn't feel like TL was always ripping them off, they'd be more willing to buy gems.

I do agree with you BUT... I see it the other way...

Every time someone buys gems... It tells TL... "I like your game just as it is." If PEOPLE KBUYING GEMS nothing is going to change.

bethb6228
04-30-12, 09:19 AM
I do agree with you BUT... I see it the other way...

Every time someone buys gems... It tells TL... "I like your game just as it is." If PEOPLE KBUYING GEMS nothing is going to change.

Hmm. Maybe we should all just quit :)

TL knows exactly what they're doing. Yes, people love their game and want to buy gems... but if we buy them, shouldn't we get to chose how we spend them?

AnnasCoffee
04-30-12, 09:26 AM
Hmm. Maybe we should all just quit :)

TL knows exactly what they're doing. Yes, people love their game and want to buy gems... but if we buy them, shouldn't we get to chose how we spend them?

You only have ONE choice in this game... You chose whether or not you buy gems.

lilkeeks
04-30-12, 10:06 AM
I think if TL made the items that cost gems a little cheaper then more people would be inclined to purchase them.

I purchase gems for items but I would definitely buy more if the windows, counters, etc. didn't cost so many gems....10 gems for a counter is ridiculous IMO