PDA

View Full Version : Not receiving my 20 gifts per day

purplegem611
04-30-12, 05:30 AM
I seem to be only getting 19 gifts daily, and neighbors say I am maxed when trying to send a gift! I have been watching for a few days to make sure I haven't accepted any by accident. Anyone else having this problem?

kooky panda
04-30-12, 07:49 AM
I have been getting all of mine. Try deleting and redownloading the game. If still issues tomorrow, email support@teamlava.com to have them look into your game.

purplegem611
04-30-12, 09:47 AM
I have been getting all of mine. Try deleting and redownloading the game. If still issues tomorrow, email support@teamlava.com to have them look into your game.

Thank you! Will try that! Only 16 today! Neighbors saying I am maxed

nmishii
04-30-12, 09:51 AM
Are you declining gifts? I noticed in the last few days I'll get 20 gifts but if I decline gifts I don't get replacements for the declined parts.

pastrychef17
04-30-12, 09:52 AM
Are you declining gifts? I noticed in the last few days I'll get 20 gifts but if I decline gifts I don't get replacements for the declined parts.

I wonder if that's a new bug? I've noticed I've been getting a maxed out message when I try to gift you and that's unusual since I've always been able to gift you before.

pastrychef17
04-30-12, 09:53 AM
I wonder if that's a new bug? I've noticed I've been getting a maxed out message when I try to gift you and that's unusual since I've always been able to gift you before.

Sorry, I mean in RS, not Bakery.

purplegem611
04-30-12, 10:48 AM

Yes I actually have declined a couple but hadn't reached my 20. I did uninstall and reinstall and see what happens tomorrow!

nmishii
04-30-12, 12:34 PM

I wasn't sure if it was a bug or all my neighbors tried to gift me before I declined the gifts (highly unlikely based on history), but its been several days and it happens on RS and BS and Farm. Often I declined some gifts so that other neighbors could send gifts, but I had to stop doing that because they weren't getting replaced. Not fun, since I'm still getting bunny ears, shamrocks and other special parts that most likely won't be needed anymore, and they count in the 20.

smuckersmom
04-30-12, 02:03 PM
I've been wondering about this as well. I checked my gifts this morning at about 8 or 9, I had 18 and declined 2 maybe 3 gifts, I haven't received any since then and I just got a message from a neighbor that they tried to gift but couldn't. It's been 6 hours at least since I declined things and I doubt they tried that long ago but just posted it on my wall. I'm on android if that matters.

purplegem611
04-30-12, 02:30 PM
I've been wondering about this as well. I checked my gifts this morning at about 8 or 9, I had 18 and declined 2 maybe 3 gifts, I haven't received any since then and I just got a message from a neighbor that they tried to gift but couldn't. It's been 6 hours at least since I declined things and I doubt they tried that long ago but just posted it on my wall. I'm on android if that matters.

This has been happening to me for at least the last 3 days! I have between 80-100 neighbors so no way all gifted at the same time! At first I thought I accepted by accident when I accepted some requests but that wasn't the case yesterday or today. I will still decline the " specialty parts" seeing I won't use them but this just stinks! I am on an iPad. So it's not just the device.

kooky panda
04-30-12, 02:39 PM
I will report the issues of not getting replacement gifts after declining over.

purplegem611
04-30-12, 03:33 PM
I will report the issues of not getting replacement gifts after declining over.

Thank you!! Will also post tomorrow and let you know if deleting and reinstalling helped at all.

purplegem611
05-01-12, 05:56 AM
Declined only one today to see what happened! And I only received 19 and neighbors saying maxed on gifts! So once I decline I lose one of the 20!! Ugh!!

purplegem611
05-01-12, 06:11 AM
I have also emailed teamlava on this issue!

GroovyRuss
05-01-12, 06:38 AM
Declined only one today to see what happened! And I only received 19 and neighbors saying maxed on gifts! So once I decline I lose one of the 20!! Ugh!!

I'm still using the VD version and I declined 3 gifts this morning and over the next few hours 3 more came in to get me to 20.
So it appears it is a 1.5 bug. One more reason not to update.

purplegem611
05-01-12, 06:58 AM
I'm still using the VD version and I declined 3 gifts this morning and over the next few hours 3 more came in to get me to 20.
So it appears it is a 1.5 bug. One more reason not to update.

Well foolishly I deleted the valentines version from my iPad instead of keeping it for back up! Seeing everything was running just fine for a while! Will teach me!! What was I thinking...lol

purplegem611
05-01-12, 07:34 AM
Well foolishly I deleted the valentines version from my iPad instead of keeping it for back up! Seeing everything was running just fine for a while! Will teach me!! What was I thinking...lol

Ok so the valentines version was still available in my App store. Should I go back to that version?

purplegem611
05-02-12, 06:05 AM
Ok so the valentines version was still available in my App store. Should I go back to that version?
Used valentines version today, declined 1gift and still didn't get replacement, neighbors say I am maxed.

GroovyRuss
05-02-12, 09:46 PM
Used valentines version today, declined 1gift and still didn't get replacement, neighbors say I am maxed.

Is it possible no one tried to gift you after the decline?

GroovyRuss
05-02-12, 09:49 PM

what i mean is are you SURE a nbr tried after the decline and just isn't saying you are maxed cause that is what they saw
when you had 20 gifts in your queue?

nmishii
05-02-12, 10:25 PM
Its happening to several of us. At first I was pretty sure I wasn't getting a replacement gift but wasn't certain. I monitored it for a few days, and based on the time I would have been maxed and then declined a gift, it seemed unlikely that all my neighbors who were going to send a gift had already tried. I used to decline gifts in the morning and would always get replacement gifts, but then all of a sudden that stopped and I only received 20 whether I accepted or declined. And it happened at the same time on all 3 games I play.

I am certain it is a bug.

purplegem611
05-03-12, 07:13 AM
what i mean is are you SURE a nbr tried after the decline and just isn't saying you are maxed cause that is what they saw
when you had 20 gifts in your queue?

No... I had several maxed gift messages through out the day....

purplegem611
05-03-12, 07:16 AM
Its happening to several of us. At first I was pretty sure I wasn't getting a replacement gift but wasn't certain. I monitored it for a few days, and based on the time I would have been maxed and then declined a gift, it seemed unlikely that all my neighbors who were going to send a gift had already tried. I used to decline gifts in the morning and would always get replacement gifts, but then all of a sudden that stopped and I only received 20 whether I accepted or declined. And it happened at the same time on all 3 games I play.

I am certain it is a bug.Yes most likely a bug.... Still waiting to hear back from teamlava... Will keep you all posted when an if I hear anything! Today I just accepted all 20...

ksbmommy
05-03-12, 06:22 PM
I also noticed that material requests were acting funny, more like farm story. I dont have that many neighbors and I'm stuck on parts. These are good neighbors that always send back too, it is worse in RS. I finally gave up and went back to vdays versions on my phone too through iTunes on my computer this afternoon. I'm going to take a day off requesting and see if that fixes it. I've never had it do this before where nothing was getting through (or so it seems).

SmokeyMtnGirl
05-03-12, 07:02 PM
I seem to be only getting 19 gifts daily, and neighbors say I am maxed when trying to send a gift! I have been watching for a few days to make sure I haven't accepted any by accident. Anyone else having this problem?

I never get 20 and gift as many as 80. I wondered if it wasn't a bug with me too.

GroovyRuss
05-03-12, 07:56 PM
I never get 20 and gift as many as 80. I wondered if it wasn't a bug with me too.

well smokey I gift you successfully every day. I think i only ever once got a MAX on you :)

purplegem611
05-03-12, 08:00 PM
Heard back from teamlava... They are aware of the issues and are working to resolve it, look for an update in the near future that will fix it!

nmishii
05-03-12, 08:20 PM
Heard back from teamlava... They are aware of the issues and are working to resolve it, look for an update in the near future that will fix it!

Thank you. Did they say "near future" or are those your words?

My response from TL was that engineering will investigate. Maybe I'll get a response like yours tomorrow.

purplegem611
05-04-12, 08:55 AM
Thank you. Did they say "near future" or are those your words?

My response from TL was that engineering will investigate. Maybe I'll get a response like yours tomorrow.
Sorry maybe it was wishful thinking on my part! They said "please look for future updates of this app to correct the problem"

purplegem611
05-04-12, 09:19 AM
I just got an update in my apps for bakery story1.5.1!! Yay! So we shall see what happens tomorrow!!

bobbyrae
05-04-12, 10:05 AM
Sorry maybe it was wishful thinking on my part! They said "please look for future updates of this app to correct the problem"

Sounds more like it.

purplegem611
05-04-12, 10:28 AM
Sounds more like it.

Guess it worked.... New update available in apps!!!!

nmishii
05-04-12, 11:04 AM
Guess it worked.... New update available in apps!!!!

Hope it works for you. Keep us informed.

My client apps haven't been updated since between Feb 28 and Mar 5, so I'm not holding my breath. But it was introduced in a server update, at least on Android, so I thought a server update would fix it.

purplegem611
05-04-12, 11:41 AM
Hope it works for you. Keep us informed.

My client apps haven't been updated since between Feb 28 and Mar 5, so I'm not holding my breath. But it was introduced in a server update, at least on Android, so I thought a server update would fix it.
This was an iPad app updates.... Can't wait to see if it helped tomorrow morning!

queentina3
05-04-12, 03:16 PM
That was the update that rolled out on Tuesday, RS and Pet Shop also received one that day. I think that update was to fix other issues that went wrong with the 4/26 update, but I could be wrong.

purplegem611
05-04-12, 04:14 PM
That was the update that rolled out on Tuesday, RS and Pet Shop also received one that day. I think that update was to fix other issues that went wrong with the 4/26 update, but I could be wrong.

Oh nooo! Say it isn't so!! Well one can hope!! I'll post tomorrow!

purplegem611
05-05-12, 08:36 AM
Well wishful thinking!! That update didn't work for my gifts lost one today!! Declined one and didn't receive a replacement!!

MomsHouseofSweets
05-05-12, 03:53 PM
I have 47 neighbors and I tip them every day and try to gift them every day as well. My questions is this ... having 47 neighbors, I can't gift all of them each day?? When I try, I get a message that I've already given them gifts or something to that effect, which isn't true. Perhaps I just don't understand gift giving. No problems if gifts are requested and no problems tipping (except of course, when someone doesn't clear their tables), but not being able to send a daily gift to my neighbors isn't making sense to me. Seems to me, that we should be able to send one gift per day to each of our neighbors.

I mentioned to my daughter, who also has a bakery, that it was suggested that we uninstall Bakery Story and then re-install and that our bakery is "saved". She told me that I'd best not do that, because when she did that (at least twice), her bakery was gone and had to start all over again. I wouldn't start all over again. I've worked hard to make my bakery what it is right now, to start all over.

What am I not understanding??? Thank you for any advice or help you may offer.

SnoEternal
05-05-12, 05:11 PM
I have 47 neighbors and I tip them every day and try to gift them every day as well. My questions is this ... having 47 neighbors, I can't gift all of them each day?? When I try, I get a message that I've already given them gifts or something to that effect, which isn't true. Perhaps I just don't understand gift giving. No problems if gifts are requested and no problems tipping (except of course, when someone doesn't clear their tables), but not being able to send a daily gift to my neighbors isn't making sense to me. Seems to me, that we should be able to send one gift per day to each of our neighbors.

I mentioned to my daughter, who also has a bakery, that it was suggested that we uninstall Bakery Story and then re-install and that our bakery is "saved". She told me that I'd best not do that, because when she did that (at least twice), her bakery was gone and had to start all over again. I wouldn't start all over again. I've worked hard to make my bakery what it is right now, to start all over.

What am I not understanding??? Thank you for any advice or help you may offer.
Everyone can only accept 20 gifts per day so your neighbors are probably already maxed out on gifts by the time you gift them. You should try gifting after reset(3am EST) so your gift will get through to your neighbors before they get 20.
And unistalling and reinstalling your game should not delete your game as it is stored on TL's servers. I have unistalled and reinstalled many times and my game is still there. Your daughter should contact support to see if she can recover her previous bakery.

bobbyrae
05-05-12, 06:08 PM

What snoeternal said.
Remember as well that when a neighbour sends you a gift even though you have not accepted it the game still logs it as a "received" gift and includes it in your quota of 20 gifts received for the day. It used to be that if you declined some of the gifts sent by neighbours then those declined gifts would not be considered a part of the 20 gift quota for the day. So that if you didn't need or want any eggs or ears and a neighbour sent you a painted egg as a gift, you could decline it and another neighbour's gift of, say, a fuse, would come through allowing you to decline the gifts you didn't want and accept only those you wanted until you accepted 20 gifts for the day.

Then the update came and...well...now you're forced to accept whatever gift is given or decline the gift and not actually be able to accept/receive another gift for the gift you declined. So if you received 10 dragon scales and 10 fuses, you might accept the fuses and decline the scales but you won't receive any other gifts that day, so you end up only actually getting 10 gifts added to your inventory. Which...totally sucks.

purplegem611
05-06-12, 08:23 AM

What am I not understanding??? Thank you for any advice or help you may offer. in other words you can gift all your neighbors each day but each bakery can receive only 20 gifts per day, so if they have received their maximum 20 you will get a message saying either you have gifted or they have reached their max! Same goes for requested parts, you can send a request to everyone but you will only receive 20 for they day. If you request parts from all 47 neighbors they may all send but you will only receive the first 20.

kancilkiller
05-08-12, 02:02 AM
what took them so long and yet to fix this bug? why TL always break something isn't broken?

purplegem611
05-08-12, 10:13 AM
Still no fix for missing gifts! I have declined some (still getting dragon parts) so I decline, no sense in keeping it I won't use it anyway so if I kept it or declined it same difference to me at this point!

DaojinWildfire
05-08-12, 10:44 AM
The Gifting system is somewhat complicated. You might not be getting gifts and believe it is a bug, but it may actually be by design due to how the gifting system works. I'll start writing a detailed post on how the gifting system works. Hopefully it won't be too confusing. It will take some time, but I'll try to post it here at a later time today.

nmishii
05-08-12, 10:49 AM
I was accepting the first 20 gifts in all my games since I wasn't getting replacement parts. I hadn't heard from TL if there was a fix. I was thinking about declining a gift to see if there was a change. Yesterday I got a dragon part and thought that was a good part to decline. I got a replacement part.

So this morning I declined a few gifts in both RS and BS, and I am getting replacement gifts. I haven't tried it in Farm, since it now takes a while for me to get 20 gifts and if I declined one I'm not sure if I have enough neighbors playing and sending gifts to replace it, since I lost a lot of neighbors recently.

nmishii
05-08-12, 10:54 AM
The Gifting system is somewhat complicated. You might not be getting gifts and believe it is a bug, but it may actually be by design due to how the gifting system works. I'll start writing a detailed post on how the gifting system works. Hopefully it won't be too confusing. It will take some time, but I'll try to post it here at a later time today.

Thank you. Looking forward to the post. What the people in this thread are seeing is that they receive 20 gifts, and when they decline gifts, are not getting replacement gifts so they can't accept 20 in the day. And their neighbors are telling them that they are getting the maxed out message. If this is by design, I'd like to hear the explanation and how to ensure 20 gifts can be accepted without neighbors getting the maxed out message.

DaojinWildfire
05-08-12, 01:59 PM
Here is a summary of how the current Gifting system functions.

You can "receive" and "accept" 20 gifts a day. Think of "receive" as a pending gift. You received a gift, but haven't accepted or declined it yet. "Accept" means you accepted a "received" gift, or pending gift. You can only get a combined total of 20 pending/accepted gifts per day.

This means if you accept 7 gifts, then you will only be able to see 13 pending gifts. If you accept 19 gifts, then only 1 pending gift will be displayed.

If you have received a total of 20 pending/accepted gifts, then you will not be able to receive any more gifts. Any neighbor that tries to send you a gift will receive an error message, explaining you have already received the maximum amount of gifts for the day. In order to receive more gifts, if you haven't reached the limit, you will need to decline some pending gifts. When you decline a gift, it opens up a spot in your pending queue. Be careful when you decline gifts, because they will be removed from the pending list and cannot be recovered.

Thank you. Looking forward to the post. What the people in this thread are seeing is that they receive 20 gifts, and when they decline gifts, are not getting replacement gifts so they can't accept 20 in the day. And their neighbors are telling them that they are getting the maxed out message. If this is by design, I'd like to hear the explanation and how to ensure 20 gifts can be accepted without neighbors getting the maxed out message.
In these situations, the players received 20 gifts, which is why their neighbor would receive the error message. They attempted to send additional gifts before the main user could decline pending gifts and free up space to receive more gifts.

nmishii
05-08-12, 04:29 PM
Thank you, DW. That's how I understood how gifting works.

The situation we are/were seeing was that we would receive 20 gifts total, decline a gift, and not get a replacement gift. How do you explain this? It seems unlikely that for all of us, for several days and the same days, all our neighbors tried to send a gift before we declined a gift and no one tried to send a gift after we declined a gift.

queentina3
05-08-12, 07:37 PM

The situation we are/were seeing was that we would receive 20 gifts total, decline a gift, and not get a replacement gift. How do you explain this? It seems unlikely that for all of us, for several days and the same days, all our neighbors tried to send a gift before we declined a gift and no one tried to send a gift after we declined a gift.

Actually I had people try to send me a gift after I had declined some in both RS & BS and I'd only received 11 & 13 at that point, and they still couldn't gift me after the fact. This was hours later as they were Pacific Time and I had cleared my gifts 4-5 hours prior.

It isn't happening any longer for me from what I can tell, but I think that is because the last update fixed it for my iOS.

purplegem611
05-09-12, 07:52 AM

The situation we are/were seeing was that we would receive 20 gifts total, decline a gift, and not get a replacement gift. How do you explain this? It seems unlikely that for all of us, for several days and the same days, all our neighbors tried to send a gift before we declined a gift and no one tried to send a gift after we declined a gift. this is the same thing happening to me! If I decline any I do not get any replacement gifts... I have about 80-100 NBRs and they don't all gift first thing in the morning. So I fall into a "bug" category. Teamlava sent me an email they know of the situation and are "working"on it.... Hopefully we will get an update for a fix! BTW I didn't decline any today...

catgirl477
05-09-12, 10:48 AM
It's Probably just a glitch, try force closing the app and restarting your device, if that dosent work delete and reinstall the app, you progress is saved on the server

purplegem611
05-10-12, 06:28 AM
It's Probably just a glitch, try force closing the app and restarting your device, if that dosent work delete and reinstall the app, you progress is saved on the server tried everything.... And tried everything again! LoL... Still not receiving all 20, if I decline I don't get anymore to replace those!

bobbyrae
05-10-12, 07:11 AM
I'm now also receiving "replacement" parts after I decline pending gifts.

Here is a summary of how the current Gifting system functions.

You can "receive" and "accept" 20 gifts a day. Think of "receive" as a pending gift. You received a gift, but haven't accepted or declined it yet. "Accept" means you accepted a "received" gift, or pending gift. You can only get a combined total of 20 pending/accepted gifts per day.

This means if you accept 7 gifts, then you will only be able to see 13 pending gifts. If you accept 19 gifts, then only 1 pending gift will be displayed.

If you have received a total of 20 pending/accepted gifts, then you will not be able to receive any more gifts. Any neighbor that tries to send you a gift will receive an error message, explaining you have already received the maximum amount of gifts for the day. In order to receive more gifts, if you haven't reached the limit, you will need to decline some pending gifts. When you decline a gift, it opens up a spot in your pending queue. Be careful when you decline gifts, because they will be removed from the pending list and cannot be recovered.

Additionally, if you are constructing an appliance or other "buildable" item you can also send requests out for 20 more parts. So between requested items and regular gifts you are supposed to be able to receive 40 gifts total for the day- 20 accepted/pending gifts & 20 parts in answer to your request.

What i have found, however, is that if after you have accepted 20 regular gifts you try to send out a request for parts, your neighbours may not receive your request until the next day.

lin77
05-11-12, 08:51 PM
I heard TL changed the gifting to being able to only get 20 a day.... even if some are declined it still counts towards the 20! They probably did this so its even harder to build appliances...they are hoping players will use gems to finish building!

Well I'm not going to use gems, I'll just wait till I have all the parts! So there TL!!

nmishii
05-11-12, 09:55 PM
I don't believe TL changed the gifting on purpose, I think its a bug. Some people only get 20 period as they do not get replacement gifts for gifts they decline, others can decline gifts and get replacements.

It seems those of us who stopped getting replacement gifts stopped getting them around the same time. For me, I can now decline a gift and receive a replacement, while others still can't.

TL is guilty of not really recognizing this as a problem and thinking the gifting system works as it should and all of us who think we aren't getting replacement parts because of a TL bug are not getting them because none of our neighbors are sending us gifts after we decline one. Well, this is how I interpreted TL's response in this thread.

purplegem611
05-12-12, 08:42 AM
Still not receiving my replacement gifts if I decline!! Ugh!! I have updated, force closed, uninstalled, reinstalled.... To no avail!

purplegem611
05-12-12, 08:44 AM
I am still not receiving my 20 gifts if I decline... I emailed teamlava and they did say they were aware of this problem. Any news?

MomsHouseofSweets
05-12-12, 09:15 PM
Thank you, SnoEternal and bobbyrae!! I understand now.

izzabellaT
05-13-12, 06:20 AM
I'm also running into a possible issue with receiving request for materials from my neighbors. I'm not getting as many request from neighbors as I use to. At first I thought this was because many are not building appliances at the moment, but noticed within the last few days I would see them (about 2-4 request) only in the morning and once i accept their requests I dont get anymore for the rest of the day. Then early the next morning another group of request that say something like, requested 2 days ago or 22 hours ago...but it clearly wasn't there the night before when I'm cleaning out my gift queue.

I hope not to confuse anyone but i understood their to be a lag time from when i accept a nbr material request until they get it in their gift count but didn't think there to be lag time from when the nbr put in the request and I actually recieve it...if that's the case it could potentially take someone a two day turn around to recieve a material request. Am I missing something here? Was material request process changed recently? Are we limited in the amount of material request our neighbors can send us per day?

purplegem611
05-15-12, 10:21 AM
Ok so it's been over 2 weeks now!! I am still not receiving any replacement gifts when I decline!! I try and not decline but when I get dragon parts or brownies I just have to!! I have deleted and reinstalled, force close, tried going back to my valentines version and nothing works!

nmishii
05-15-12, 11:28 AM
I was getting replacement parts again until Sunday. Now I don't anymore.

kooky panda
05-15-12, 11:57 AM

I will let the CMs know this has started again.

purplegem611
05-15-12, 12:38 PM
I will let the CMs know this has started again.

I have had this problem the whole time... I haven't been able to receive replacements gifts at all! Boo Hooo!! Lol

ButterPanda
05-15-12, 04:11 PM

are you sure your neighbors are sending you gifts after you decline some or all of your 20?

bobbyrae
05-15-12, 04:47 PM
Nmishii has been full everytime i try to send her a gift. No matter what time of day. In both farm and restaurant.

purplegem611
05-15-12, 05:18 PM
are you sure your neighbors are sending you gifts after you decline some or all of your 20?

Yes positive that my neighbors are sending after I decline gifts. And I have only declined one per day.

chavacana
05-18-12, 01:02 AM
I am not getting my 20 gifts even after declining a gift and I am also seeing a delay in requests from neighbors. I check my bakery several times a day and won't accept gifts until very late to try to get parts I really want. As a result I am getting less than 18 gifts a day....15 is what I average since this started. Is there something I can do to help fix this problem? Also, has anyone seen or heard about the delay in requests? I would like to make sure I accept whatever my neighbors ask for as quickly as I can but when it's more than 22 hours from the request, I feel like I'm not being such a great neighbor.
I would like to point out that this is happening with several neighbors. Before anyone thinks that it's one person requesting on a daily basis and hitting their max...I have more than 10 neighbors that this is happening to. Thanks in advance for any assistance and I hope everyone has a great Friday.

purplegem611
05-20-12, 07:09 PM
Today I finally received all 20 gifts, even after I declined 2!! Was crossing fingers and toes!!! Yay!! Hopefully I didn't speak to soon!

purplegem611
05-21-12, 07:28 AM
Today I finally received all 20 gifts, even after I declined 2!! Was crossing fingers and toes!!! Yay!! Hopefully I didn't speak to soon!Looks like I spoke to soon!! No replacements today!! Ugh!!

takomapet
05-23-12, 02:09 AM
I play Pet Shop Story; but since the link to this thread said the rules regarding gifts are the same for all games, I hope I'll find an answer here. I receive requests for items needed in order to fulfill a task. However, I have NO idea how to request the items I need other than to tell ppl on their wall. But my understanding is that, when permits for building are needed, they must be requested first (as in a specific means of making said request?). Does anyone here know what I need to do in order to request permits? Feel free to respond via email on this site.

takomapet
05-24-12, 01:04 PM
How exactly does one "request" items, such as for building and more specifically permits? I've posted my question on the Forum, to no avail, so wrote TL, only to be told to try the Forum. I've put requests on my wall; but since ppl add remarks there daily, they likely won't even see what I asked. I've tried asking for needed items on my wall with the same problem much of the time.

When I go to my News section in the menu I find lots of requests for items, including permits. The requests give me the option of clicking one of two buttons... one that says I agree for them to receive the item, the other to refuse their request. There HAS to be a place where they go to put in this type of request; but I have NO idea where that might be. I've gone over Pet Shop Story's site, including FAQS, to no avail. This should be an easy question for TL to answer, or at least include it in the FAQS; but I can't seem to get an answer at all. I asked one lady early on how to get permits (esp since they are not in the market or the place where you choose a gift for someone you're visiting), to which her reply was, "You have to put in a request." I didn't receive a reply as to how to do so. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to put in the kind of request that goes to the News section of my neighbors' Menu area (to the left of Social, where you go through your neighbors' names and visit and/or gift them, for those who don't know what I mean by "News"). I've let TL know that their refusal to help is making my time on the game less enjoyable and, quite frankly, is stressful. These games are supposed to be fun (and they are IF you know how to use them correctly). They should be relaxing as well. I really like this game (that I got hooked on b/c I put the app on my iPhone for my 7 y.o. granddaughter for her to play when she was at my house; and I found myself having to watch for her baby pets to be born & get them out of the nursery so they wouldn't die... the things we do for our grandkids, huh?). I'd like to continue to play; but I really do need to know HOW to put in a REQUEST, such as those that appear in my News folder. HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!

habibass
05-25-12, 07:03 AM
If my friends sent me 20 gifts and I reject 5 gift (because I need food, not parts), will I be able to get 5 more?

nmishii
05-25-12, 09:18 AM
How exactly does one "request" items, such as for building and more specifically permits? I've posted my question on the Forum, to no avail, so wrote TL, only to be told to try the Forum. I've put requests on my wall; but since ppl add remarks there daily, they likely won't even see what I asked. I've tried asking for needed items on my wall with the same problem much of the time.

When I go to my News section in the menu I find lots of requests for items, including permits. The requests give me the option of clicking one of two buttons... one that says I agree for them to receive the item, the other to refuse their request. There HAS to be a place where they go to put in this type of request; but I have NO idea where that might be. I've gone over Pet Shop Story's site, including FAQS, to no avail. This should be an easy question for TL to answer, or at least include it in the FAQS; but I can't seem to get an answer at all. I asked one lady early on how to get permits (esp since they are not in the market or the place where you choose a gift for someone you're visiting), to which her reply was, "You have to put in a request." I didn't receive a reply as to how to do so. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to put in the kind of request that goes to the News section of my neighbors' Menu area (to the left of Social, where you go through your neighbors' names and visit and/or gift them, for those who don't know what I mean by "News"). I've let TL know that their refusal to help is making my time on the game less enjoyable and, quite frankly, is stressful. These games are supposed to be fun (and they are IF you know how to use them correctly). They should be relaxing as well. I really like this game (that I got hooked on b/c I put the app on my iPhone for my 7 y.o. granddaughter for her to play when she was at my house; and I found myself having to watch for her baby pets to be born & get them out of the nursery so they wouldn't die... the things we do for our grandkids, huh?). I'd like to continue to play; but I really do need to know HOW to put in a REQUEST, such as those that appear in my News folder. HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Buy a constructable, tap to open, and tap the button to ask friends for parts. This is for RS/BS, but should apply to you. I don't play Pet Shop so I don't know if its different
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15812-Easy-Appliance-How-To
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15812-Easy-Appliance-How-To

nmishii
05-25-12, 09:20 AM
If my friends sent me 20 gifts and I reject 5 gift (because I need food, not parts), will I be able to get 5 more?

If 5 more friends send you gifts you should be able to. But as people have said in this thread, sometimes you stop at 20. That is a bug that TL needs to fix.

flytothestars
05-25-12, 04:10 PM
And I got hit with this bug last night. I only got 18 gifts due to my rejecting 2 of them.

When is this going to be fixed? I can already deal with accepting mat'l reqs "before" sending gifts but this is a bit over the top because it's already taking forever to build the bread ovens and apple ovens simultaneously and now I cannot get all the parts I need per day.

Not to mention I do believe there's a bug with the brick/mortar mat'l reqs because I'm only getting a few back (and my nbers are usually 100% with those).

bobbyrae
05-25-12, 04:20 PM
I've stopped counting now...-.-

flytothestars
05-25-12, 04:27 PM
And I got hit with this bug last night. I only got 18 gifts due to my rejecting 2 of them.

When is this going to be fixed? I can already deal with accepting mat'l reqs "before" sending gifts but this is a bit over the top because it's already taking forever to build the bread ovens and apple ovens simultaneously and now I cannot get all the parts I need per day.

Not to mention I do believe there's a bug with the brick/mortar mat'l reqs because I'm only getting a few back (and my nbers are usually 100% with those).

BTW, I totally meant sending gifts "before" accepting reqs. Not the other way around. lol But that's not even the point. Fix these gifting bugs! I don't even care if that means halting updates for a week!

mattyboo1
05-25-12, 04:29 PM
BTW, I totally meant sending gifts "before" accepting reqs. Not the other way around. lol But that's not even the point. Fix these gifting bugs! I don't even care if that means halting updates for a week!

Don't halt updates anyway I think gifting is working now

laurelsail
05-25-12, 08:50 PM
Does anybody know if the gift/material request clock is still starting at 12 a.m. PST? I couldn't gift at all today even though I was gifting later than I did yesterday...

nmishii
05-25-12, 10:24 PM
Does anybody know if the gift/material request clock is still starting at 12 a.m. PST? I couldn't gift at all today even though I was gifting later than I did yesterday...

Yes, its still 12 am PDT.

flytothestars
05-26-12, 03:28 AM
Still not receiving my 20..... Declined sth but didn't get replacement. Some of my nbers are having same issue. FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX :(

purplegem611
05-27-12, 03:57 PM
Still happening to me too!! It really stinks!!

purplegem611
05-27-12, 04:02 PM

Yeah it's taking me forever to build 2 bread ovens too!! I should have gotten all my request by now to build two! But it's taking forever and my neighbors say they didn't receive requests! I have plenty of neighbors to get my 20 per day!! But don't!!

purplegem611
05-31-12, 10:15 AM
It's been one month and this is still happening!! If I decline any I don't get any replacements still!! So disappointing....