rionkimchi
04-29-12, 06:41 PM
Well, unless pretty soon TL comes out with a
- size expansion,
- level expansion,
- animals exclusive to levels 36-40 (or higher), or
- new tasks/goals

...then I am about done with this game.

Don't really want to spend more $ on gems (wish I could get a kirin though), and with 120,000 XP and 3 million gold, it's getting kind of pointless to collect from my zoo. I have been working on breeding the unfinished habitats but most of "good ones" I have left to do take 2 to 4 days for ONE baby. I have been spending time on the tours needed to keep up a 4-heart social rating, as well as gifting to all my faithful neighbors, but honestly it's getting hard to maintain the motivation.

So, to the other long time players, what are you doing at this stage?

I might be closing down my zoo soon.

driftboutique
04-29-12, 07:36 PM
I haven't really maximized my zoo for profitability so I only have about 700,000 coins right now and still some expensive animals to breed. So I still need to earn money and I am breeding long term animals alternating with short term. The weekly updates keep me going, but there is not much to them. I am hanging on for expansions, which are my top concern. I want to design a pretty zoo that looks unusual and right now mine looks like a mess. There's no design element at all, and that is what's keeping me going in the other games where I am maxed out (fashion, bakery, restaurant.)

rionkimchi
04-30-12, 09:21 AM
I agree, a big enough expansion would allow us to be creative with our zoo design, instead of cramming everything in and/or optimizing for gold generation. Spamming ice cream stands, hundreds of them, is ugly but with the high cost of many animals you have almost no other choice but to do so.

driftboutique
04-30-12, 10:12 AM
I agree, a big enough expansion would allow us to be creative with our zoo design, instead of cramming everything in and/or optimizing for gold generation. Spamming ice cream stands, hundreds of them, is ugly but with the high cost of many animals you have almost no other choice but to do so.

Exactly! I resisted it for a long time, but without the sea of ice cream stands the game is virtually unplayable.

I have a couple of paths left in my zoo but they're not even there as design elements -- I use them to make sure I can tap on a basic enclosure that would otherwise be hidden by a fully upgraded enclosure.

cakeandpie
04-30-12, 12:58 PM
I do not have a sea of ice cream stands, or sea of any other attraction for that matter (I care more about how my zoo looks than how much it makes), and I don't feel the game is unplayable. Sure, it takes forever to get enough for sloth/jackrabbit/jackalope, but even so I have two sloths because I had nothing else to spend the coins on, and I don't plan to get the jackrabbit or jackalope because what is the point anyway, when I have no space and a bunch of animals in storage already? I probably won't breed the sloths because it takes too darned long aside from the price. Right now I am breeding the last of my animals, which take 2+ days each. So I collect from my zoo a few times a day but there is really nothing left to do.

TimeForACuppaTea
04-30-12, 01:15 PM
So that's the trick. I don't have a sea of ice cream stand so I'm barely making any money. I've been thinking about quitting too. Just too hard to make the insane amounts of money I need to buy anything now. My zoo is packed too and I've not really done all that much breeding. Can't decorate the way I'd like. It's really boring and monotonous to just collect, gift, tour. Collect, gift, tour. I'd like to be able to be creative and have some fun with it. But with such limited space I've bought very few decor items cause I know I've got nowhere to put them.

So can't really help motivate you to keep playing as I've lost mine too.

sweetstuff525
04-30-12, 01:21 PM
I only collect once maybe twice a day .....and breeding the animals that take days since that's a I have left ...I also gift everyday... But I am fully expanded and there is nothing else to do

trace35
04-30-12, 10:06 PM
It is weird they have not updated expansions! It would be simple for them to do.

saintlover
05-01-12, 04:08 PM
It took well over a year for them to expand the bakery game and that was something new just recently so Im not holding out any hope.

driftboutique
05-01-12, 05:21 PM
It took well over a year for them to expand the bakery game and that was something new just recently so Im not holding out any hope.

The reason I see this situation as different is that Zoo 2 has been more of a "living" game than the others. They have already raised the level cap twice, which is as many times as it's been done in the other games (I think) but in a much shorter time span and with the levels still capping out at 40. Since presumably there will eventually be levels up to 99 like the other games, I think there is also a possibility that the intended maximum expansion capacity is greater than the current max.

I hope so, anyway!

saintlover
05-01-12, 06:36 PM
The reason I see this situation as different is that Zoo 2 has been more of a "living" game than the others. They have already raised the level cap twice, which is as many times as it's been done in the other games (I think) but in a much shorter time span and with the levels still capping out at 40. Since presumably there will eventually be levels up to 99 like the other games, I think there is also a possibility that the intended maximum expansion capacity is greater than the current max.

I hope so, anyway!

Fingers crossed, I sure do hope so!