PDA

View Full Version : Gem Confirmation

princessle0
06-05-11, 06:08 PM
Help! I keep accidentally hitting the button to spend 5 gems to finish baking immediately. I keep hitting that option while trying to bake items and hitting the prepare now buttons too quick and accidentally hitting the adjacent ovens. I've been saving my hard earned gems to buy decorations and now I can't because I accidentally wasted them. Makes me so frustrated because I spent so long earning them through mastering the diff baked goods! Is there any way to undo this?! Please tell me there is because this is the 3rd time and I'm so frustrated it makes me not want to play anymore!

dulcedm
06-05-11, 06:19 PM
Unfortunately there's no way to undo that but just slow down while cooking food it makes a big difference

gmlaster
06-19-11, 11:30 PM
A confirmation (Are you sure) box would solve that problem.

xSnowyOwlx
06-20-11, 11:08 AM
Just be patient because it sounds like you are trying to do all of this too fast. I myself have accidentally hit the wrong oven to manage but I never have spent the 5 gems because there is a way to exit out. If you go too fast of course you are going to hit stuff you don't want to.

Yes, they should add confirmations but that's how the catch everyone who is in a rush.

hunnybun21
06-20-11, 11:20 AM
Ive done that a few times... gets really annoying! Especially since it usually happened when i was making something like brownies ::ughh:: What was SUPER annoying was when i bought 105 gems to expand my bakery and while scrolling over in that screen i accidently hit buy 20kcoins for 100 gems I WAS SO PISSED:-\ it didnt ask for a confirmatiin or anything just took them. I imagine that will never change as that is how they make their money. Grrr

missycoo
06-23-11, 06:56 PM
I agree I have also accidentally spent gems several times and it makes so angry. I really think they need an undo button!

solovee
06-27-11, 10:25 PM
Pleaseeee give us an are you sure option! I just did this and now I'm sad :[

lovelyrhn
06-27-11, 10:36 PM
They not going to do that!!!! Tl want u to do spend the gems so u buy more!!!!

kaiscookies
06-29-11, 02:06 AM
I agree with all the above. Maybe we can suggest a "confirm" or "are you sure" button to TL :smile:

logon2k
07-31-11, 02:30 PM
This is the main reason I don't buy gems. I have well over 200 gems in FS because the button for using gems is far away from the real finger action. BS makes the buy button right in the middle of the area where you are tapping. So if they won't give us an undo button nor a confirmation button, why not move the buy button to the top corner of the screen, where you are less likely to accidently tap on the buy button.

I have an iPod 32GB, first edition running O/S version 3.1.3 (7E18). I am playing the current version of Bakery Story.

MysticOrchid
08-02-11, 02:59 PM
I agree. I have the most ovens you can have, and sometimes i press 5 gems to complete! so i have to go real slow to spend 5 gems, the dish was a 5 minute item lol

yydc
08-04-11, 03:17 PM
i just made the same mistake
spend 24 gems on some items that i dont need >.<
i think they should add the confirm button cos i am sure people will pay and buy the gems if they are willing to spend money on those gems

blondhorse
08-05-11, 07:24 AM
I think this is something we all have done this. I too was saving my hard earned gems but ....in a hurry spent them on coins and finishing food by mistake. I was so frustrated that day, I put my phone down and walked away. (Yep...lol a bit stressed that day and that added to it). I had to remind myself "its only a game...". But I agree they should put a "are u sure" button for us speed tappers :)

putka
08-05-11, 04:36 PM
Yes, it is only a game, but gems cost real money, not just game money. I bought a stupid dumpster in CS for 24bucks the other day (not on purpose) and just wasted some gems in RS with the skip task thing. If it was just game money, who cares. But there is REAL money involved that some of us have to work for. But i agree, they will not do a confirm option, because they would rather scam us for our gems like that and then we have to buy more.

Mogwai4111
08-05-11, 04:45 PM
I did this a few nights ago in farm story, and I've been playing almost half a year now. Happens to all of us. Was checking out the featured tab and lagged my way in to grain barrels for 24 gems. Shoulda bought the pony while I had the chance :p

rooncake
03-07-12, 08:06 PM
Since TL wont make a confirm button, how about an undo button? Maybe it's a bit easier to implement.. undo would just reverse your last action. So if you spent coins on a chair by mistake, for example, the chair would get taken away and you'd get your coins back. If you spend gems on something, same thing.

bogeyandnate
03-07-12, 08:31 PM
I totally support this idea. I VOTE TO UNDO!

aurorasweet111
03-08-12, 08:45 AM
I completely agree! The other day I accidentally spent gems to complete a recipe that was close to done argh! An undo button is a great idea!:D

ibizans
03-08-12, 10:46 AM
I have the same problem as aurora. I accidentally slipped and hit the button to spend gems to finish a recipe that had around 5 minutes left to cook. So frustrating!

pogobee
03-09-12, 02:42 PM
I think this is great idea. The whole purpose of this game is to have fun. I've accidentally spent diamonds on two occasions and was devastated both times.

An undo option would allow users to spend the diamonds/coins in the manner they prefer. Perhaps it should only be available for the last purchase made within short period of time, say 1-2 minutes?

sunnyDreams
03-09-12, 02:48 PM
I agree! This would help all of us.

roguemaster
03-10-12, 02:56 PM
I commend the genius who thought of this, it's a great idea which stops us from making unintentional purchases and also It should be able to reverse accidental cake making

03-11-12, 04:04 AM
Haha. I also totally agree!!! 1000000000 VOTES for this!!!! =)))

Superyalda
03-11-12, 04:17 AM
Whether UNDO or CONFIRM, it doesn't matter to me. The nature of iPhones and tablets are that they slip easily and the touch screen makes it too easy to accidentally touch the screen on some unwanted item. It's happened to me innumerable times. When it happens I feel like TL has stolen them, I feel it is unethical, I feel that they're apologizing with a smirk all the way to the bank. Not a good feeling for a dedicated player.
Btw, I heard (don't remember where) that if you purchase gems and accidentally used them, you can complain directly to the app store/iTunes and ask for a refund due to system mismanagement.
TL has got to create a solution for this gem trap. Obviously it goes against their agenda ... Blow your gems, buy more. That's fine if you want to spend your gems, but people who report the accident immediately should have the gems refunded.
UNDO or CONFIRM would put this whole subject to bed.

rooncake
03-11-12, 07:04 PM
Does TL even look at these threads anymore? Do they care at all what we have to say? x_x

SmokeyMtnGirl
03-11-12, 07:09 PM
Since TL wont make a confirm button, how about an undo button? Maybe it's a bit easier to implement.. undo would just reverse your last action. So if you spent coins on a chair by mistake, for example, the chair would get taken away and you'd get your coins back. If you spend gems on something, same thing.. lol. If they won't do a confirm they won't do this. Besides that it would take away from the gem traps.....

OhFashionNL
03-11-12, 09:39 PM
Does TL even look at these threads anymore? Do they care at all what we have to say? x_xnope they don't care. They only respons to a topic when it's about a glitch or whatever.

HeraZ
03-11-12, 10:25 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! On Fashion Story as well!! It's really ticking me off, and I've almost given up on FS especially.

iwantyou13
04-29-12, 05:05 AM
Dear team lava, will you please create a second pop-up screen asking "are you sure you want to spend # gems to finish this dish(es)?" because i tapped my oven 3 times to bake and before i could even see the pop up screen asking if i wanted to finish the 5 dishes i was baking for 25 gems, it automatically sucked me dry of them. I am very upset. Please create a second warning before automatically taking our gems because not many players will want to spend their gems on finishing food anyway and usually tap those buttons on accident. Now i have lost 25 gems on brownies. Of all dishes to lose gems on. I have been a big help in team lavas financial success, spending near $1,000 or more in the past few months alone on gems. Now i'm afraid i can't even buy gems without losing them by tapping some button that will cost me them without even seeing the pop up first! Please, please have a warning screen when spending our gems like the warning screen that comes up when selling inventory asking if we're sure we want to sell. Thanks.

shonycakes
04-29-12, 05:14 AM
They will never do it. gem traps get them alot of money, there used to be one. its stupid really as so many people myself included now refuse to buy gems as we get cheeted when if we were aloud to spend them on things we want there would be alot more people buying them. If you buy gems your best to just use them right away. I brought gems and received less because of a bug and TL wont refund them so theres nothing you can do :(

iwantyou13
04-29-12, 06:16 PM
That's exactly what they are-GEM TRAPS!! And any person looking at it from a logical standpoint would call it flat-out stealing. People are already spending ridiculous amounts of money on even the smallest amounts of gems, so why must team lava ***** us out of even more money? For example, the solar/forever oven is 42 gems which is NINE dollars! No single appliance or item in inventory should be 9 dollars, i dont care what it is. And not only that, there are way more items that are a lot more expensive than just the solar oven. I don't care if this game says "FREE" on the app store, it is hands down the most expensive app every created when it comes to in-app purchases. You would think team lava would be satisfied enough with people spending their hard earned cash on this game, but then to create traps to suck players dry of their expensive gems, we have very little to no control in what will happen with our gems, one tap and they will disappear before you even see the screen pop-up!

ariesblu
04-30-12, 03:04 PM
Believe me I've done it before as well. But they won't do it. I think in the past they've referenced it along the lines of being too cumbersome.

mposey
04-30-12, 04:07 PM
I remember doing that before along time ago. I've even blown gems on tables on accident!! Even worse a table a didn't care for which was the brown one for 2gems. I was so mad but didn't bother because I figured they wouldn't do anything about it.

They need to just take that option off.. no one will ever finish a dish with coins unless they are forced to by completing a goal or such.

saralovescats
04-30-12, 05:59 PM
i accidentally bought a peach counter for 10 gems when i meant to click the beige one for 5000 gold. :/

ButterPanda
04-30-12, 06:02 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. It will be passed on to our devs. Also if you have not already tried, please contact TeamLava customer support at support@teamlava.com

caramel54
04-30-12, 10:03 PM
I accidentally spend 3 gens to finish the 2 hr chocolate scoop :( I know it's only 3 gems but still

GroovyRuss
05-01-12, 06:48 AM
i accidentally bought a peach counter for 10 gems when i meant to click the beige one for 5000 gold. :/

exact same thing i did. I hit place and BOOM 10 gems gone. If a window popped up saying
"You are about to spend ## gems. continue?" for gem uses then i would BUY gems because
I wouldn't fear losing them to gem traps.

Yes i TRULY thought i wad the beige one selected grrrrrrr

ultrafrog
05-01-12, 07:40 AM
Passed on to devs.. How many times has it been passed on to devs.

I don't think anyone would believe that TL is not aware of gem traps lol!

Only ways to put more in.

PinkStarbelly
05-01-12, 04:04 PM

LOL!!! SO TRUE TOO!
I'm sure people complained about the old pop-up window that only had finish 1 dish, instead of fixing it they realized they could make big bucks by adding the window to finish baking the food on ALL appliances in 1 click! I was saving up 50 gems on RS to buy a limited item, I only got to 38 gems (If I'm not mistaken) when I accidently finish cooking on all 7 appliances I had food on. I don't buy gems so yay for me, I guess .. But it did take several months of active playing to get there. That was the story to why I stopped playing RS..

PinkStarbelly
05-01-12, 04:07 PM
I'm only missing 1 single gem until I reach my goal of 24 gems to open an appliance slot, can everyone please pray that I make it to that extra gem before a gem trap tries to catch me ..

caramel54
05-02-12, 07:27 PM
I lost 24 gems because I was putting out appliances and I thought I had 4 open slots but I had 3 instead, and so I pressed on it 4 times but since I only had 3 open slots, I accidentally pressed on get another slot for 24 gems! I had 45 gems and now I have 21 :( If you have over 24 gems it's really easy to accidentally lose them so I suggest if you don't want to buy something costing 24 gems, you should spend some gems so you're under 24 gems. I hate gem traps and I refuse to pay actually money for them.

meiyan83
05-02-12, 07:52 PM

Me too!! Happened to me today. Exactly the same!! I hate these gem traps!! :(

penrose99
05-03-12, 09:33 PM
I seem to be stuck at18 gems for a couple weeks now. No longer seem to be earning them. Does anyone know why?

ifurita
05-03-12, 09:56 PM
Just lost gems for the first time in Restaurant. Grrr. Never saw a popup button, just the "congratulations! You just lost gems" message. I'm hyper careful, but they still got me. Guess what, TL? That makes me want to delete the game, NOT buy gems.

I will NEVER buy gems againunless there's some kind of confirmation for spending them. Limit it to purchases greater than 10 gems only and serial remodellers can swap tiles, wallpaper, and counters without constraint.

catgirl477
05-07-12, 09:35 PM

A MILLION TIMES!!!!! They don't care, then they would get less money!!

jcd6963
05-08-12, 07:06 PM
I honestly don't know how many gems I had, but just fell into a gem trap as I was setting up recipes in an appliance. I think it said 50. Is that even possible? what ****s me is that it had a screen saying what you were about to spend and an Accept button, but no Reject. There is no choice but to accept. Please someone tell me that it could not have been 50!

I have not ever purchased gems, so this was about 2 months worth of saving, but I know now that I will NEVER spend a dime on them.

joyous16
05-08-12, 10:03 PM
I can't believe I fell into another gem trap just now too!!!! I thought the expansion was 5 million coins and it's 6 so somehow I must have tapped something and then I lost 80 gems!!!!! UGH!!!! I won't even bother writing because they never fix this and clearly they don't care. I've been saving up for a LONG time. I am pissed.

Farmaniac
05-08-12, 11:44 PM
It's a shame. I can only recommend what anyone should do: Visit the app store, rate one star and compain about these things. Gem traps are cruel especially for players who play a lot, because sooner or later they get you.

RATE ONE STAR AND WRITE A COMPLAINT IN APP STORE!!!!

KeriBeri71
07-02-13, 08:02 AM
Well here I AM a YEAR after the last post and GEE its a good thing it was passed on to the devs huh? Yeah to use as tissue paper!!!! Sorry but im SUPER pissed not just at TL but myself...i will NEVER play when tired again!!! I have lost TWENTY SEVEN gems by accidentally using gems to instantly finish recipes!! If you notice, your finger is positioned RIGHT OVER that selection, by the time i try to stop I've already pressed it and BAM lost gems....i spend ALOT of money on gems for RS and BS and take great pride in my stores. i am a grad student and play for....don't laugh....relaxation!!! Ha!!! Not so relaxing n e more! Oh since im android and can't post screenshots, Feel free to check out my bakery and restaurant KeriBeri71 best wishes and PLZ take ur loyal customers needs into account...thanks

nomabar
07-02-13, 10:39 AM
I lost 24 gems because I was putting out appliances and I thought I had 4 open slots but I had 3 instead, and so I pressed on it 4 times but since I only had 3 open slots, I accidentally pressed on get another slot for 24 gems! I had 45 gems and now I have 21 :( If you have over 24 gems it's really easy to accidentally lose them so I suggest if you don't want to buy something costing 24 gems, you should spend some gems so you're under 24 gems. I hate gem traps and I refuse to pay actually money for them.

It happened to me too. But I lost 49 gems !!! I don't know why but on my tablet it's 49 gems for new slot. I was so upset... it took me ages to save them.....

TinksThots
07-02-13, 10:49 AM
It happened to me too. But I lost 49 gems !!! I don't know why but on my tablet it's 49 gems for new slot. I was so upset... it took me ages to save them.....
It's 49 for extra slots now. It used to be 24, the post you quoted was from a while back, before they doubled the price.

cynrgb7925
07-03-13, 07:59 AM
I just lost 100 gems today. I hate it. I earned it so hard and it just lost with a single click without confirm button. :mad:

lolzillaz
07-03-13, 08:10 AM
I just lost 100 gems today. I hate it. I earned it so hard and it just lost with a single click without confirm button. :mad:

Wow, I felt terrible when I lost less than half that. Yikes! :-\

NoWayCupcake
08-05-13, 05:07 PM
I am soooooo freaking close to being DONE with this game. What is the point in playing? Well, for ME it's always been the decorating part. You know, saving gems to buy unique items for my bakery. That's fun and relaxing for my creative side. Well that's pretty much NOT an option because of Team Lava's GEM TRAPS. Saved 62 gems, and BAM just like that SIXTY are GONE! You're KIDDING me TL!!!!

Please tell me just how many players must beg for a CONFIRM button before you hear us? Your game would be nowhere without its players. Glad to see you appreciate us. You give us a confirm button to sell the cheapest items, so why not for using gems?

I've played for at least 2 maybe 3 years and I'm level 99. Not that it means anything. Just that this happens to me all the time.

gabbysmom87
08-05-13, 06:31 PM
I fell into a gem trap not too long ago. I was purchasing a gem item.. the boxes in expand button. After it shows what you win & where to find it, you'd think the button on the bottom of the message would say *ok*, but no, it says *buy again*. Really? I've never had just that choice know any other game. At least don't be so obvious about trying to rip money out of our hands. And why is there never sales on gems?

tehbaker
08-05-13, 09:09 PM
Honestly, I've been playing for about two years on RS, FS and BS. I've only ever had gem trap issues twice in two years. I don't tap fast and if I do, it's on non-gem items. I purchase gems each paycheck, biweekly, but I won't buy unless I am going to use them right then on boxes/expansions/slots. I realize other people may have issues because of phone lag, etc.

Either way a gem confirmation button would be a good addition.

twospoons
08-06-13, 05:59 PM
Honestly, I've been playing for about two years on RS, FS and BS. I've only ever had gem trap issues twice in two years.

I've mistakenly spent gems twice already in 3 months of playing, but sure, go ahead and make me feel dumb. Although on one occasion I was still trying to play while nearly asleep, which really is kind of dumb, so I probably deserve it. So easy to sleep-tap your way into buying boxes. The other time, I hit the "buy box again" option instead of closing the window (and I agree that button is way too prominent compared to the tiny little get-me-outta-here X), which was not what I meant to do, but then I bought the box a third time on purpose immediately afterward, so I can't really claim that it bothered me.

Jerseyhotblood
08-10-13, 06:41 PM
Wow, after reading this... I don't think I am ever buying gems again. And I normally buy the 105 on sale AT LEAST once a week. I have hit the "gem trap" quite a few times. Now seeing that players have been complaining for OVER a year? Come on team lava. You make ENOUGH money from your players to have this figured out already. You may not see the effects yet, but this is hitting one player at a time. And pretty soon you will have more annoyed players than loyal. Your customers are who keep you in business. At some point you have to compromise. From what I see you have already doubled in game prices. I just started a few months ago...so I guess I'm use to the new prices. But for your older players sake and to give new players that can NOT buy gems a chance....maybe the confirm tab is a good idea ;) you just lost quite the sale here. I will hold of on allowing you to run my CC number until I see the confirm tab. Gems are expensive. Money doesn't grow on trees. Come on team lava. Show some customer loyalty.

lolzillaz
08-11-13, 03:50 PM
I'm guessing its only a problem if sales start to drop off sharply because of it. Other than that, "working as designed".

graciessweets
08-11-13, 09:06 PM
"Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves" -Horace Mann

Not sure if he was referencing his frustration about gem confirmations but seems like it ;-)

graciessweets
08-11-13, 09:10 PM
"Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves" -Horace Mann

Not sure if he was referencing his frustration about gem confirmations but seems like it ;-)

Time for a gem confirmation TL!

nightshine7
09-03-13, 06:50 PM
Every time I earn 10 gems now I have to use them up or they'll get stolen with the bogus pop that says I've purchased 200,000 coins for 10 gems. I NEVER EVER use my gems for coins. C'mon Team Lava..you're all very aware of this problem. Your designers, I'm sure, have the capability of making it so it asks "are you sure you want to purchase....?" If it can be done with clearing counters and shortening cooking times why not this? I used to enjoy buying the sale gems for $13.99 but refuse to pay you all another dime of my money when you refuse to fix a serious problem. I would not advise any player to just let their gems sit there. If I ever do break down and but em again I'll make sure they're used immediately.

So..Team Lava..what is being done about this problem? Please don't tell me to email anyone..that's a waste of my time. I've done that and gotten the "sorry....can't refund you" excuse. Time for your company to step up and do what's right.

Kandykizzez
11-01-13, 08:59 AM
I will not be buying more either till it is fixed.

Hope this post is ok

sls0991
11-01-13, 10:38 PM
You would think that someone willing to spent over $1,000 on gems is enough to keep TL from using gem traps. I mean, obviously this customer is loyal and current and I'm sure many other customers would be willing to spend hundred if not thousands of dollars on gems during the course of their bakery story play. This is just not good business practice at all, to ***** customers out of their money when they are already spending thousands on beloved products! TL, you are setting yourself up for disaster with this method. Please consider an honest, respectful approach to your customers, because I would love to spend much more money on gems, but only buy them when I know I will spend them all in the same day, to reduce such risk of traps. Gem Traps are NOT good business sense and they will only be the downfall of your company. I have seen this happen many times and now that I am studying business myself, I can tell you that your own greediness will be the end of any potential income to fund your games.

LadyZhenJi
11-03-13, 06:42 PM
I see I'm not the only one. I was redecorating my bakery, getting this Halloween stuff out when I spent 24 gems on the chest. I was and still I'm pretty upset. I e-mailed TL and 48 hours later I still haven't heard back from them.

nky1111
11-04-13, 01:43 PM
noone actually needs old players here as the thing is never seriously updated like level 100,etc.
these are single use games, because normal games don't delete their stuff, so it's like 2M newbies come, 10% of them think it's worth something and throw $5, then 90% quit, or even all of them quit, they have their million bucks and noone cares.
who plays it for a long time are just minority even if they spend a lot.

btw. gem traps are easy to catch only on small screens, but thats not much fun anyway playing these ona small scrn??

WubWubSexi
11-04-13, 02:56 PM
I don't want to be too pessimistic but I'm starting to agree with nky1111, with all those great ideas being post in the suggestion threads, i wonder if TL cares :( i'm Still waiting for black friday though.

PennyPink6
11-08-13, 01:56 PM
I bought gems during the sale to save up for the next time I wanted to buy something and somehow I ended up losing them all when it said you do not have enough money, I didn't realize when I pushed the button I was exchanging gems for money which I would never do. DO NOT LIKE the unethical way this game operates. Quit for awhile and just came back.

sharpguy32
11-15-13, 02:43 AM
I have a method that is very effective to preventing accidental clicks, misclicks, lag interpreted your click to the wrong location, etc etc. No matter how careful you are, no matter how many times you try to learn from past mistakes, you are bound to eventually get caught slipping sooner or later.

A lot of the OK or other buttons are setup to a location that could, in the right situation, get you to click (spend gems) by mistake sooner or later (clicking too fast, caught up in lag).

If you get into the habit of doing my method for clearing popup's, you'll greatly reduce your chances :)

Your Phone's back button is your best friend (at least on Android, I'm not sure if IoS has the same button). Use this to clear popups, or click OK, instead of physically clicking on the screen. Voila!

Some popup's have an X button on the top right. If you must click, click that instead of the OK button or whatever, to clear the popup. If the popup does not have an X button on the upper right corner... Guess what, your Phone's BACK button will still clear the popup.

Even something as simple as this can lead to misspending. Let's say you're in Design mode (btw I've done this). You happen to be in the last tab (the one with 24 gems for a box). Clicking the X to close the design tab, can still possibly get a misclick or a lag click onto a box. Don't even click the X button to exit Design mode. Use your phone's Back button as well.

This doesn't help so much when you click an appliance with something already cooking. You know.. The Finish this recipe for x gems... Clicking too fast on appliances, the phone's back button won't save you in this situation (since you're clicking on screen already).

But as far as any situation when you see popup's, want to go back one menu, etc, always use your phone BACK button to exit those. It's just one less click on the screen with your finger. And you can only buy gems with your fingers. Your back button will never cause a misclick on buying gems :cool:

This isn't the fix all method, but it will statistically greatly reduce your chances in the long run. The confirmation button is the most desireable method, but I got this hunch this would never be implemented. There are a LOT of bills that need to be paid to run a game like this. You got database, game servers, bandwidth, employees, physical building expenses (rent, utilities)... And I heard they give free snacks to their employees ;)

There is likely only a small percentage of people buying gems (we all like Free). Take away some gems here and there, and you might buy more. Selling gems pays the bills. If the bills get paid, we can keep cooking. So with that said, I'm not going to frown too strongly on this subject. Its a gray area as far as if you think its on purpose or not. In the meantime, email support when this happens. If you just say oh well and leave it at that (without emailing them) when you lost something (like a lot of people do, I'm sure) then don't be mad.

TinksThots
11-15-13, 07:28 AM
Even something as simple as this can lead to misspending. Let's say you're in Design mode (btw I've done this). You happen to be in the last tab (the one with 24 gems for a box). Clicking the X to close the design tab, can still possibly get a misclick or a lag click onto a box. Don't even click the X button to exit Design mode. Use your phone's Back button as well.
I'm IOS and there's only one button, which goes back to the home screen, but for this part, where I've also been before, I tap up away from the design tabs, collapsing them, then tap one of the other tabs to bring it back up. ^_^

Awesome post, if you've got such a button. {*^_^*}

No question as to whether the traps are intentional, though. That's just logical, given the evidence. It's a series of coordinated taps to do anything else in the games; it's a slip of the elbow or a spooked-while-sleeping cat's paw across the screen to spend gems. OR SUDDENLY BEING TURNED INTO BONGO DRUMS TO A MOVIE'S MUSIC, THANKS HUBS. At least I can backspace on here... o_O

I'm guessing its only a problem if sales start to drop off sharply because of it. Other than that, "working as designed".
BINGO. If more people learned the gem trap lesson the first time, instead of just buying again, things might change. As it stands, people are literally paying TL to keep the traps there, and providing more than enough incentive for them to keep creating new ones.

I don't know about you, but when I go shopping, I enter my pin to confirm my chosen purchase. If I was missing money from the bank later because that store also charged me for everything I picked up, looked at, and put back down, and I couldn't do anything about it because a warning was posted on a tiny sign somewhere around the register behind the bubblegum... oh boy. -_-

kreisara
11-23-13, 11:19 PM
I got up this morning and checked my bakery, and some of my dishes had spoiled. Instead of throwing them away, I accidently clicked on the recovery option and regretted it immediately. The dishes took only one hour to cook and now I have lost precious gems that I have been so careful with to NOT spend until christmas. I understand that this is my own fault, but seriously, what kind of game designer does not give us a pop-up confirmation or ask whether we really want to spend said gems in case someone made a mistake? I was going to spend more time and effort and perhaps some cash on this game, but not anymore. So this is a tip for Teamlava. Improve this obviously annoying thing about the game, or you lose customers. >.>

irlanda_c
11-26-13, 12:04 PM
We have been asking for this yeaes ago in fasjion story. They just dont care so I dont buy gems anymore

Thank you for the suggestion. It will be passed on to our devs. Also if you have not already tried, please contact TeamLava customer support at support@teamlava.com

Snowlotus04
11-26-13, 06:02 PM
TL doesn't care because why should they? It's obvious that we have more players playing for free than those who really spend money buying gems. And the fact that it's in our mistake that we misclick etc. myself included. So they're thinking why should they pay the price for it if it's something that we did. And the fact that we can be more careful in the game, but that alone just loses it's value of a game. Because in a game we should be able to enjoy ourselves with the effort and precious time we put in, than having to worry and be cautious of misclicking etc. so I don't know what to say here, we should have a compromise with TL, but in the end all efforts are useless.

fairykitchen
12-16-13, 11:56 PM
I thought I was the only one D:

Draxana
01-10-14, 05:17 AM
I am new to your games and have enjoyed them so far, but for what others have appropriately called the "gem trap" situation. I, too, have mistakenly used up most of my gems during normal game play. Fortunately, the gems were a part of the newbie promotion so I haven't spent any real money. However, there is no way I will ever buy any gems until TeamLava programs in a confirmation window.

The Simpsons app, "Tapped Out," used to have "donut traps." They were notorious and I see the same thing is happening here. Fortunately the EA devs there wised up to all the customer complaints and finally implemented confirmation pop up windows. These windows have been wonderful because the threat of mistakenly using expensive donuts, bought with real money, is no longer there. Customers there are now happy to spend real money, including me. I've spent approximately $150 on that game, and have been happy to do so.

In sum, TeamLava, I love your games but I won't spend a dime on your games until you implement gem confirmation windows.. Thank you for listening.

chewytwix
01-12-14, 06:49 PM
I always click the "x" button instead of okay. I bought an ipad mini so I could play BS better (yeah, that's right) so my fingers are less likely to slip when I tap on a small screen.

Additionally, I have 17 ovens instead of 18 to avoid purchasing another slot, which I definitely don't need.

Unfortunately nothing can really fix preparing all foods instantly. Sometimes I shut the game quickly/turn off WIFI hoping the data didn't go through to the server and it helped maybe once (but I was also in an area with spotty WIFI). I don't know, but good luck everyone. Playing on a larger screen helped the most.

Iluyan
01-13-14, 08:23 AM
I accedentely wasted gems because of this issue aswell -_- Very annoying, Fortunatly it where free gems and i will never put money into this game anyway.

But they should make a pop-up confirmation yes.

LightAndLove83
01-13-14, 08:48 AM
My suggestion is...take the time to sit down and figure out a design you might like to have, and what deco you might need. Buy each item as you have the gems...this will help some...not completely...but some.

irlanda_c
01-13-14, 07:30 PM
Ain't going to happen guys! If they do that, how else would they get you to buy more?!? I call it the "Carnie Syndrome." "Step right up folks and try your s**** at Baking!! Cook all the recipes and earn free gems!!" *As the TL team stands in the back room smoking their cigars, sipping their Scotch and laughing that evil laugh while watching you on the secret camera losing every gem you earn and giving them more and more money like some crazed slot machine junky on the Vegas strip!!* Nope! That confirmation Button...NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!

After losing 24 gems for the third time in FS I just stopped buying. Is the only way.

Noctuaya
01-25-14, 03:39 AM
Hi

I am currently thinking about deleting the game, because of the annoying feature that for most items in Design the buy behaviour is "click the item and confirm you want it by clicking in your bakery" BUT not for those gift boxes on the last tap...which cost jewels! I have been saving up for weeks to buy another oven slot...now i accidentally ended up on that tap and all of a sudden 24 of my precious jewels are gone.
I hate incosistent behaviour, cause it leads to this kind of errors and as jewels are mostly bought through real money this is even worse. Not a chance to undo it....great ux guys...

bobbyrae
01-25-14, 07:28 AM
The consistent advice given is to email TeamLava. Not sure what happens when you do follow that advice, though.

But yes, it would be most helpful to have a confirm button for boxes.

ac302
01-31-14, 07:15 AM
Can I have a gem sale PLEASE?! It's been close to two years now and I do not ever get gem sales in BS, RS or CS. Sales being random is a crock.

bcmr
01-31-14, 03:24 PM
It also takes me a long time to earn gems. I just had 22 (I was saving for a fire place, which is 24 gems), and now I accidentely traded them for 138.000 useless coins. I really need this confirmation button!!!!! My device sometimes lags and before I know it, it has happened. Or it must be possible to undone it. I REALLY WANT TO KEEP MY GEMS :(

ElaineCarrel
01-31-14, 05:38 PM
Well I was attacked by the gem trap earlier this wk 4 the gross amount of 181 gems and yes unread that right 181 gems. It was the trap of accidentally finishing up all appliances and there were 32 of them. I had just finished restarting 9 of them that were 16hr cks so I got hit big and hard. Did I bother w emailing TL? Nope because I knew it wouldn't do me any good. I went from having 184 to 2 all in the matter of a blink of the eyes.
They'll never ever put a confirmation button when they can "rob" someone of that amount of gems. So this plead by others is going on deaf ears. Y did I have so many? I bought a slew of gems when they had the 40% off sale and barely used any of them on Black Friday. So I was treating myself to "nice" things and boxes as I desired. Well so much 4 treats. I've maxed out on all the regular recipes both ovens and drink mixers so gems r harder 2 earn. It'll b along time b4 I'm able 2 get anything special again.

filochick1982
01-31-14, 05:54 PM
I'm extra careful these days not to tap too quickly while playing as I too have fallen for gem traps mostly accidentally buying extra oven slots thank goodness. I buy gems on a semi-regular basis during the sales though so I'm even more ticked off as I spent real money buying them as opposed to someone who got them for free through mastering recipes. I've just learnt to accept that it's an unfortunate part of playing this game, and move on. Complaining to TL is pointless - they will never change it!

tresspassers
02-02-14, 12:24 PM
Elaine I'm so sorry you lost so many gems. I've been saving up gems in BS, RS, PSS, Fashion and Farm story and, because of poor design with buttons too close together and no confirm popup, accidentally spent 49 gems leaving me with 3 in Fashion story. I've also lost 40 gems in Farm story. It feels horrible. I can't afford to buy gems and have spent many hours playing other games just to earn gems in the games I play. I emailed support clearly explaining my mistake, got an auto email that said they are very busy with request tickets so we'll see. I'll report back here or in the forum if I hear anything.

yumyumsnack
02-02-14, 12:55 PM
That feeling of losing gems is awful- I've been there several times. Now, I like to "store" my gems in the appliances - getting close to the 2 and 4 mastery slots, leaving the last few recipes undone until I want to spend the gems. It's a great feeling to fall into a gem trap and see the notice that Oh Darn, you don't have enough gems (to instantly finish cooking all recipes) :)

PS to trespassers - it's not "poor design", but "By Design".

luincristiel
02-06-14, 05:35 AM
I hit the "buy box again" option instead of closing the window (and I agree that button is way too prominent compared to the tiny little get-me-outta-here X), which was not what I meant to do, but then I bought the box a third time on purpose immediately afterward, so I can't really claim that it bothered me.

Well I ended up buying the wrong box.. =(

jjiiccaa
02-06-14, 10:40 AM
I am the same....sorry STORM8...you will not see me buying anymore jewels. You lost a customer...I believe the only way to get this feature is to no longer buy gems.

MarcusDragontail
02-10-14, 01:16 PM
will you please add a confirmation box????? P.p.p.please!!!!
Will you please add a confirmation box????? P.p.p.please!!!!

78story
02-10-14, 01:55 PM
I think TL is afraid to add a confirmation button because they worry this might lead to loss of revenue. They realize people save their gems, spend them unwanted things, then you have to buy more to replenish the gems you have just lost... but that's not always what happens. Many people have posted they will never make another purchase after this accidental loss of gems, which has ultimately hurt TL's bottom line. Just image all the people who feel the same way, yet are unaware this forum even exists.

I believe if they would add the button, it would do the exact opposite. I have a few IDs but only buy gems on 2 of them because I am afraid of falling into the gem traps. I play another game and used to lose premium currency all the time.. one here, 3 there, and so on. I never made purchases in that game because I have zero confidence that I could save them long enough to get something I really desired. Later, I realized there was a way to stop the purchase; there was a timed slider that disappeared with the word "Cancel". It only lasted a second or two, but if you react quickly you can stop the purchase. Well, after that is when I started spending real money on that game.

TL's fear is what's stopping them from adding a cancel button, but they shouldn't be afraid. We all love their games, but it's hard to trust a company infested with gem traps. If they would get rid of these traps, or at least make it possible to quickly cancel them more people would have confidence in them as a trusted business, thus creating more loyalty and desire to "fund" this game company.

ElaineCarrel
02-10-14, 06:36 PM
Nicely said 78story. I wholeheartedly agree w u.

78story
02-10-14, 06:42 PM
Thanks Elaine.. I was also sad to hear about the amount of gems you lost in this game. It's unfortunate when these sort of things happen to good honest players who regularly make purchases to this company.

I really love these game and want them to succeed, just as I am sure we all feel the same way. Thanks again.

bobbyrae
02-11-14, 08:24 AM
I think TL is afraid to add a confirmation button because they worry this might lead to loss of revenue. They realize people save their gems, spend them unwanted things, then you have to buy more to replenish the gems you have just lost... but that's not always what happens. Many people have posted they will never make another purchase after this accidental loss of gems, which has ultimately hurt TL's bottom line. Just image all the people who feel the same way, yet are unaware this forum even exists.

Just imagine all the people who continue to buy gems whether or not they accidentally lose them. It apparently has never hurt TL's bottom line. If it had then they would never have designed their games to have such accidents and wouldn't have made changes to their games that increased the possibility of accidental gem purchases.

I too would love to see a gem confirmation button but I have been playing since 2011 and have seen this feature requested so many times since then and it has yet to be implemented. Instead changes were made that allowed for even more accidental gem spending. So the lesson players must learn is to slow down. Do not play the game in a rush. Slow down and tap slowly, especially when you are playing on phones.

That said, one player once asked a question on one of these threads. Can you imagine laying down gem tiles and having to confirm gem purchase after every single one?

PepperWoo
02-11-14, 08:47 AM
That said, one player once asked a question on one of these threads. Can you imagine laying down gem tiles and having to confirm gem purchase after every single one?

That's a good point. It's already a pain having to choose the tiles every single time on the tiles tab, what more with an additional button? How horrible would that be especially if you need hundreds of tiles. XD

Nevertheless, a confirmation button would be nice, but it doesn't have to be applied in every gem purchase. I think it would be appropriate to put on the spoiled dishes popup or on the boxes because man, clicking those burn almost all newbies including me. When I was just starting, I am aware that in order to purchase things, you have to choose it first in the tab then place it on your bakery - so I thought it was the same for the boxes... but then tada! Gems gone for a stupid NYC box. And then a few more accidental gem purchases before I learned to go slow in this game if you don't wanna lose more lol.

78story
02-11-14, 04:14 PM
Just imagine all the people who continue to buy gems whether or not they accidentally lose them. It apparently has never hurt TL's bottom line. If it had then they would never have designed their games to have such accidents and wouldn't have made changes to their games that increased the possibility of accidental gem purchases.

I too would love to see a gem confirmation button but I have been playing since 2011 and have seen this feature requested so many times since then and it has yet to be implemented. Instead changes were made that allowed for even more accidental gem spending. So the lesson players must learn is to slow down. Do not play the game in a rush. Slow down and tap slowly, especially when you are playing on phones.

I agree that TL has not felt the impact of the loss of customers as of yet. This is because it is a very special time for them. New people are getting smart devices every day that would otherwise never be interested in anything TL or any other developer has for sale. It's because of the refreshed customer base that TL continues to strive in this market.

What I was referring to was rather the long term for the company. It may have served TL well, and still does serve them well for the time being to not have a cancel feature, but what happens 5 years down the line once everyone and their grandmother have all these games apps? If you keep turning people off, and new customers no longer enter your shop. How do you expect to survive in the long term? Well, maybe long term survival isn't their goal, so what do I know :)

There are already similar games competing for customers. The only difference that sets TL apart is their content is better designed as far aesthetics. I played a different restaurant game, and they have streamlined the dishes you cook to where you only click the bottom row, placing food on all your appliances - I'd rather play that was personally, but again... the game itself isn't much to look at currently, but I didn't experience any gem traps while I was playing. All they (or any other app) need is to improve on the look of the game, and I am sure they could get their share of the market.

As far as the flooring, I agree with you again. As PepperWoo stated above, it would be better appreciated on the spoiled dishes and mystery boxes because these are the most common accidents that result in larger quantities of gems lost.

All I was asking was for a cancel button that is timed. TL already has it. You see it when you are cooking dishes and serving them. It's that little green bar. This could be placed somewhere on the current screen and if you tap this "cancel" button in time, you cancel your gem loss.

I have learned my lesson the hard way to play slow and read all popups carefully before doing anything. The cancel feature would greatly help those players who are especially impatient and have a wallet full of cash ;)

78story
02-12-14, 09:46 PM
Hmm, just noticed one of the top 5 grossing game apps just added a gem confirmation button in an update today. I hope this catches on. You go into your settings and enable it. Once enabled, diamond purchases require a double tap.... TL could do something like this for its users.... but will they follow suit? :)

drekki
02-15-14, 08:16 AM
I just spent real money on 120 gems, played a tournament (20 gems) and replayed the free tournament (20 gems) and now I am suddenly down to 5 ?!?! This is not the first time. WHY?? That was real money!!!

queen_of_tarts80
03-10-14, 03:34 PM
Well, I just started playing this game recently. A friend of mine had advised me not to use up my gems on foolish items, as gems are hard to come by.
I was being very careful and saving up my gems for something nice. Then my tablet had connection issues. When I was able to access the game again, I got a whole bunch of pop-up notifications. I was trying to click through them, I wasn't going fast at all, and before I knew it I was 10 gems short. It took me forever to notice that I was also 62,000 coins richer.
Needless to say, I didn't want the coins. Therefore I am a big supporter of adding a confirmation button when using gems.

gail66
03-10-14, 03:48 PM
I've been playing this game since 2011 and that same question about losing gems unfairly as NEVER been sorted they give ya the same answers all the tine teamlava will look into it ? I'm still waiting 4 years later so don't buy them any more

ElaineCarrel
03-10-14, 04:50 PM
I feel pretty safe in saying that TL will never give us a GEM CONFIRMATION button.

natalienat518
03-10-14, 06:39 PM
I feel pretty safe in saying that TL will never give us a GEM CONFIRMATION button.
I can't agree more :(

tresspassers
03-11-14, 09:07 AM
I emailed TeamLava about 49 gems lost in Fashion story due to poor design (buttons too close together) and lack of confirmation popup. They responded saying they can't refund my gems. I will never buy gems until this is fixed. I will gladly buy gems if they fix it.

Edit: These were gems I had earned for free playing the game and other games. They may refund gems if they were bought with real money. I wouldn't bet on it though.

bobbyrae
03-11-14, 09:53 AM
I emailed TeamLava about 49 gems lost in Fashion story due to poor design (buttons too close together) and lack of confirmation popup. They responded saying they can't refund my gems. I will never buy gems until this is fixed. I will gladly buy gems if they fix it..

Maybe if you told them you were unhappy with your purchased item they might reverse it?

zerpiah
03-11-14, 10:09 AM
Im glad i have a touch pen for my android or i would press on all kind of things i should not press on LOL

ElaineCarrel
03-11-14, 03:09 PM
I emailed TeamLava about 49 gems lost in Fashion story due to poor design (buttons too close together) and lack of confirmation popup. They responded saying they can't refund my gems. I will never buy gems until this is fixed. I will gladly buy gems if they fix it.

Edit: These were gems I had earned for free playing the game and other games. They may refund gems if they were bought with real money. I wouldn't bet on it though.

I once lost I believe it was 181 or 131 gems, I forget which, and I didn't even bother emailing TL since I knew they wouldn't replace them. Some were "bought" w iTunes cards , which if u want 2 get technical was real money since u have 2 purchase the cards w real money. I've seen this happen 2 my nbrs and no they weren't replaced either. It just doesn't really matter 2 TL.
I only purchase gems w iTunes Cards that've been given 2 me. I've never spent my own personal money. I'm 2 the point in both BS and RS where free gems r hard 2 earn since in RS I've mastered 99% of the recipes and here in BS I'm at about 95%.

bobbyrae
03-11-14, 03:26 PM
I've never spent my own personal money. You do realise that money on a gift card given to you is your real money, though, right?

ElaineCarrel
03-11-14, 03:52 PM
You do realise that money on a gift card given to you is your real money, though, right?
Technically yes, but where else am I gonna spend these cards but in the iTunes Store and App Store? This along of course w in-app purchases.

maesus
03-11-14, 04:16 PM
Im glad i have a touch pen for my android or i would press on all kind of things i should not press on LOL

Right? The stylus I use for my tablet saves lives!

bobbyrae
03-11-14, 05:17 PM
Technically yes, but where else am I gonna spend these cards but in the iTunes Store and App Store? This along of course w in-app purchases.

Well, exactly. In the itunes store, appstore and in app purchases. It's your personal real money to spend in these places on anything you want to spend it.

sally_brown
03-12-14, 08:45 PM
I think the point is that it's not money that was earned, but free money that was given.

SyberiaWinx
03-17-14, 03:34 PM
It is way too easy to accidentally spend your hard-earned or even purchased gems while tapping on the ovens. I just lost 7 gems, and now I have to earn them all over again. This isn't right. I've contacted the makers again and again, but they still refuse to do something about this. Even a confirmation feature would be nice.

twospoons
03-21-14, 06:09 PM
ugh, TWICE recently i accidentally traded gems for coins (like anyone would actually want to do that). thank goodness one time my connection broke--i've never been so happy to see the "your bakery is out of sync with the server message"--and at least the other time it was 10 gems and not 100. seriously, i already have 4M+ coins. also, the exchange rate is really bad.

but, although i'm back to non-buying in this game, i have decided, unlike the previous times in the various games when an accidental purchase made me stop playing entirely for weeks, to look at it as TL giving me gems for no apparent reason, so they can take them away for no apparent reason. before everyone yells at me, the caveats are:

A. i've "earned" gems way more than i've bought them, so i'm pretending the ones i lost were not the ones i actually paid for but the freely-handed out ones (illogical, but it makes me feel better). and

B. as i picked up pet story after the last goal to install it, and getting gems there is immensely harder than in any other TL game (no regular earning at all, only rewards for downloading other games), they don't apparently have to give gems away in the first place and still people will play. (i think those people tend to be younger and more naive and TL are major jerks for telling them their puppies are going to die if they don't pay up, but that's another story). gems earned for downloading is one thing, as your downloads help TL. your personal baking does nothing for TL, and is something you were likely to do anyway, so the part where you get gems for it is just gravy, and makes up for them taking those gems later without a confirm button.

at least, in my head, now that i've talked myself into it (because otherwise i'd feel like a dolt for still playing).

sonyalch
03-22-14, 06:43 PM
I even like confirmation that the recipe I choose is what I really want to cook.

LightAndLove83
05-08-14, 01:07 PM
I've read all the different posts about Gem confirmation and I've come to the conclusion that 1. TL doesn't care..LOL! And 2. Twospoons hit the mark! WE ARE ALL DOLTS! ;) And of course, that is what TL is earning off of .... Peoples inability to learn from their mistakes, me included! TL doesn't care about the money or the CB. They have already made their millions. And just remember, for every person that quits, another sucker just started playing. LMBO! I think the Gem Confirmation discussion should be put to rest. ��

babekakes
06-10-14, 09:18 PM
Plz let's do this.

LightAndLove83
07-15-14, 08:33 AM
I try not to buy Gems anymore, because of past problems. I just did today, for the first time in months, and got screwed out if twenty gems...again!! so it pays to stay busy and not be tempted by boredom! If they don't put in a confirmation button for purchases on Master Box items or have it so that the window closes after each purchase, AS IT SHOULD!!...They won't get ANYMORE money out of me...and I may put the word out to all newbies that the game steals from you. Just sayin! If you don't pay CLOSE attention, and get into a hurry, you'll accidentally hit the "buy again" button, instead of Xing out...now you just bought something you didn't want and they won't take back the item and refund the Gems!! Most businesses, out of good business practice, would return or exchange. Again..Just sayin!

pnkrosebud
07-17-14, 01:04 PM
I have fallen for the Gem trap many times which is why i would never buy Gems with my hard earned money. I think it's a bit much that anyone would even want to buy Gems with their hard earned money. Why would you want to waste hundrends if not thousand of dollars on some Gem for a game especially if one day if you decide to stop playing because you're bored. I'd rather spend hundrends of dollars on something more worth while than gems. But that's just me. I just collect free gems whenever they have the " if you install this game you'll get 6 gems".

Trevtrev160
07-21-14, 08:04 AM
Yes! I just accidentally tapped expand for 20 diamonds, and I was going to use those diamonds for something else ;(

bobbyrae
07-21-14, 11:39 AM
Whether UNDO or CONFIRM, it doesn't matter to me.

I think it really does matter which is implemented. Think about it. You plan on buying 100 tiles. The tiles cost gems. Can you imagine having to hit a confirm button 100 times? O.o

I think the undo button is a brilliant idea too :)

AngelaM_93
07-21-14, 01:05 PM
I think it really does matter which is implemented. Think about it. You plan on buying 100 tiles. The tiles cost gems. Can you imagine having to hit a confirm button 100 times? O.o

I think the undo button is a brilliant idea too :)

I'm with you on this. I'd lose my mind if I had to confirm every tile or wall paper. I think that a confirm button would be great for buying gems, boxes and coins, but since we already have to double-tap when we by decoration it's unnecessary. Undo button would be great for everything.

jo_fitz
07-21-14, 01:19 PM
I would love this! I had almost enough gems to expand, and then something slips and ugh! An undo button would be so wonderful!

sabotaudrey
07-21-14, 04:19 PM
YES! I have done the "finish cooking" thing a few times, it's so upsetting when you're saving up for something specific. An UNDO button would be amazing!

lwcgrad
08-22-14, 09:24 PM
Please do an undo button!

Sefyre
08-22-14, 09:32 PM
Has TeamLava EVER implemented an Undo/Confirm button for ANY of their games?

I agree that it would be awesome, but... we've been asking since forever and I have yet to see one!

kizzykookoo
08-24-14, 03:20 PM
I completely agree! The other day I accidentally spent gems to complete a recipe that was close to done argh! An undo button is a great idea!:D

Same do it tl

natalienat518
09-01-14, 04:02 PM
I don't think this is going to happen because having an undo button will prevent so much of the gem traps, where gem traps is the way TL lure people to buy gems, imo.

cheekyJones
09-02-14, 01:17 AM
I too have lost gems or accidentally spent them on boxes I didn't want simply cause that section was open and my fingers landed there arghhh. But to satisfy both parties maybe they could limit how much you could "undo" at one time/per 24 hours? Say you lost 24 gems, you could at least get half back? Dunno, as if anything's gonna change.

ElaineCarrel
09-04-14, 03:14 PM
Well considering that this thread is over 11/2yrs old I doubt TL will chg their policy and all of a sudden insert a gem confirmation button. Y do that now? What would they gain from it? I would love to c such a button installed especially since in the 2yrs I've played this game I've lost probably close to 150 gems that I'd earned. However I won't hold my breath.

YvieKennaCafe
10-16-14, 06:30 AM
TL is garbage. Have lost 100 gems combined between RS and BS. Get same response from TL - it's a permanent action. They would create much more goodwill and a positive feeling if they A) refund you your gems and/or B) have a gem confirmation button. People respond with loyalty and there would be more money heading TL's way. But they don't care. And we're all suckers I guess for continuing to play these games with these obvious and blatant traps.

ebenezermac
11-19-14, 07:05 PM
Yes it's baffling that they don't understand they would sell a lot more gems if all these trapps weren't present. Anyone who plays these games for more than 10 minutes dismisses the idea of buying gems because they know it is just way too easy to waste them. If a player knew with confidence that their hard earned money would not be wasted they would spend it without hesitation. Its a rather short sided approach to making money and whoever is responsible for keeping it this way is costing this company a serious amount of revenue.

galaxyilluminate
11-29-14, 09:26 AM
Yes, please! I accidentally spent 24 gems on one of those gift packs! :(

7jackson
12-03-14, 05:29 PM
Honestly, these gem traps don't encourage me to buy more gems, if anything, they discourage me. I am worried that after buying gems, my finger will slip or something and I will lose them. I recently lost tons of gems because I accidentally traded my gems for some coins two day in a row. I sent Team Lava an e-mail about it and got no response. It's horrible, horrible, customer service on their part to not put a confirm button/undo button. They probably think it will bring them more business, but like I said, if anything, it takes away business.

zava_t
12-08-14, 05:50 PM
I agree. Sometimes, the box to reinstate goals will pop up out of nowhere while I'm tipping neighbors. Once, I spent 24 gems to reinstate an old goal I'd already completed, just because the box popped up while I was tipping neighbors.

I would love a confirmation button before spending gems.

karyandfashion
12-14-14, 05:41 PM
Aaaahhh! I really hate that slot button.. All my gems went there. Plz an undo button

lubok
12-19-14, 12:31 PM
I think I've discovered a metode likely to undo gems wasting. I've been wasting gems accidentially in every TL Story game I had installed. Of cause, I craved for the undo button or for the purcase confirmation button for all these games. To make things worse, very often I had my latest game actions undone due to unstable internet connection. Hundreds times I had to prepare food, to rearrange furniture, etc. again after restablishing connection, but my accidential gems losses persisted, though I tried to disconnect to cancel it. Now it seems I get it. If you have misclicked and you want your gems back, you should disconnect from internet immediately and quit the game. Then launch the game again, but don't connect until you see the notification "Try again". Then connect, and you'll see your gems once again. It might work! At least, it worked in my Dragon story today!

bdocc
12-28-14, 02:36 PM
Excellent idea, but that would be a bit too much of a benefit to us players because imagine you've spent 24 gems on a mystery box, an undo button would cancel that purchase and mean that receiving 1st prizes would be too easy. Still a good idea though...

bdocc
12-28-14, 02:37 PM
I think I've discovered a metode likely to undo gems wasting. I've been wasting gems accidentially in every TL Story game I had installed. Of cause, I craved for the undo button or for the purcase confirmation button for all these games. To make things worse, very often I had my latest game actions undone due to unstable internet connection. Hundreds times I had to prepare food, to rearrange furniture, etc. again after restablishing connection, but my accidential gems losses persisted, though I tried to disconnect to cancel it. Now it seems I get it. If you have misclicked and you want your gems back, you should disconnect from internet immediately and quit the game. Then launch the game again, but don't connect until you see the notification "Try again". Then connect, and you'll see your gems once again. It might work! At least, it worked in my Dragon story today!
Oh that could be really useful, might try that once. Thanks for the tip.

jjr2be
12-31-14, 04:27 PM
So easy to mistakenly spend a gem on a dish. There should be. Confirm, are you sure? type thing after, because the gems are hard enough to earn & everyone cannot afford to buy more...

ccrispiher
01-01-15, 03:01 AM
So easy to mistakenly spend a gem on a dish. There should be. Confirm, are you sure? type thing after, because the gems are hard enough to earn & everyone cannot afford to buy more...

It's thrue, according with you

mytsa
01-01-15, 06:03 PM
Excellent idea, but that would be a bit too much of a benefit to us players because imagine you've spent 24 gems on a mystery box, an undo button would cancel that purchase and mean that receiving 1st prizes would be too easy. Still a good idea though...

I don't think it could work in this case, one can only disconnect immediately after mistab to make the purchase unsuccessful, once there is feedback from server telling you what you've got, that means the purchase is already registered in the server, can not be reversed.

xxxe
01-16-15, 02:24 AM
I haven't accidently spent gems in probably over a year but the silly little pop up to buy that discounted Tea box came up when I was half asleep. I got the dessert table which is pretty cute and I know it could have been much worse (the tiny kitten popping out of a box...) but c'mon TL. That's so tricky of you. I need to be more careful when I check my games in the middle of the night but during goals I try to come on anytime I wake up. Be careful guys! The Tea Box is lurking out there, waiting for your fingers to slip. Good luck.

bmoko
01-17-15, 12:25 AM
GOOD IDEA!! I have ACCIDENTALLY bought sooo many of those gift boxes, {with gems, the 24 gem cost} when trying to get expansions! or a button Confirming that you want to buy it on certain items. maybe not wallpapers, that would take awhile!!! ;]

bmoko
01-17-15, 12:52 AM
Hey!!!
does anyone else get upset about the gift boxes, when you go to expansions, section in the design button. and as you press the arrows on the side to scroll, you ACCIDENTALLY hit one of the boxes that you didn't intend to buy.

I don't know about anyone else, but I bought gems so i could expand my bakery while it is on sale {expansion}. But guess what happened?!?! I got Ski Goggles instead! lol If this has happened to anyone, please write in the comments. Also if there is something we can do {maybe an undo button/refund/or what I think might be good, is for anything that costs gems... There should be a Confirmation box that you want to purchase it. Thank you! :D

therainbowscafe
01-17-15, 03:49 AM
It's called gem taps...I think everyone at least once had to do with this. I lost sooo many earned gems because of it. TL definetely should add a confirmation button & someone altready written a thread about it but, as you can see, nothing for now....

bdocc
01-17-15, 08:00 AM
Hey!!!
does anyone else get upset about the gift boxes, when you go to expansions, section in the design button. and as you press the arrows on the side to scroll, you ACCIDENTALLY hit one of the boxes that you didn't intend to buy.

I don't know about anyone else, but I bought gems so i could expand my bakery while it is on sale {expansion}. But guess what happened?!?! I got Ski Goggles instead! lol If this has happened to anyone, please write in the comments. Also if there is something we can do {maybe an undo button/refund/or what I think might be good, is for anything that costs gems... There should be a Confirmation box that you want to purchase it. Thank you! :D
I know how you feel, it happens to a lot of people. Sadly, there is no undo or refund or a gem confirmation. I guess you have to live with it and now you know that you have to be very careful while scrolling through the expansions tab...

carousel32
01-22-15, 04:57 PM
Was serving food from a non-goal appliance when a goal window popped up in the middle of my double click. My second click landed on the 30 gems to skip step before I knew it. Plus it was a Prepare step and I still have to cook them all to satisfy the Serve step. Not cool at all! I'm down 30 hard earned gems because of a stupid pop-up. Can't you put a Confirm button on those? This is ridiculous.

momto3boyz
01-23-15, 05:17 AM
Since gems were on sale yesterday I bought 24. Well I opned my game this morning and I'm clicking on all the junk that comes up every time I open it and I thought it was through. I touch the screen to move over to the ovens so I can check my food and suddenly it says "you have purchased the ice sculpure queen".....come to find out when I touch the screen a stupid pop up for ugly ice queen that cost 24 gems popped up the exact instant I touch my screen......lost all 24 gems. It's the ugliest thing on the game I swear, if they don't make a confirm tap after gems are being spent, im quitting the game. That's just a money maker for them!!!

UltimateV
02-07-15, 08:56 PM
Please see to this Team Lava! You really MUST make either a CONFIRM or UNDO option!!!

lauraleighashby
02-08-15, 09:32 PM
I had not fallen into a gem trap for a while...figuring if I was being very careful maybe could avoid them...therefore had actually been considering buying some during the next sale. But then today...trying to click off a notice, I hit the complete this recipe for X gems...poof...gems gone. So never mind...bad enough when I lose earned gems. Surely not paying for them just to have TL waste them for me. Back to coin only decor.

jacksusa
02-08-15, 10:10 PM
The answer, is no, they don't give a @@@@@ about what we say or think. If they did, they would fix the gold, Gem
traps. Won't buy anymore gold, cause you never know how you'll use it!

jacksusa
02-08-15, 10:16 PM
Won't buy gems (for Fashion Story, or gold for Dragon Story) because you will not create a confirm button. I wouldn't mind paying cash for gold, but there is no way I'll pay real money to spend it by accident! 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

lubok
02-10-15, 04:34 AM
Yes, the undo button could allow replaying mystery box several times until you get what you want from it. But there definitely should be a confirmation button for buying those boxes, for you to make sure that you have chosen the right box!
As for the undo method I had proposed, I've checked it out, and it does not fit for replaying mystery box opening. Because after you tapped to buy it, the game connects to the server, you have to wait a while, and you don't see your prize until it has been registered on the server. And the only chance to undo spending gems for a box is to disconnect before you see the prize. Adding slot or speeding up happens instantly, but it takes a while to transmit the information to the server, so there is a chance to undo this action if you disconnect quick enough. The faster the internet, the less this chance. So players with slow internet get an advantage! :-)

jo_fitz
04-28-15, 04:43 AM
I'm not sure why this isn't already a feature, but we need a conformation button when buying things. This is the second time this week I've accidentally bought a mystery crate because of the pop up. I work hard for my gems, I can't afford for them to be constantly wasted.

dingychefneedshiredhelp
04-29-15, 04:50 AM
Yes, absolutely agree, for resturant story as well.

AMuffins
04-29-15, 10:28 AM
I agree with a confirmation button when spending gems. I fell for the gems trap atleast 4 times now.

I have yet to see a company to actually implement something like this gems or gold or whatever the hard to get item is. Very few instances will they even replace it.
Afterall that is how they make there money, cuz the companies think we will spend real money then. Not me. Free game is free game except for my internet.

deekathleen
04-29-15, 10:49 AM
I don't have a problem with them charging real money for some things. I understand they need to make money. I understand the amount of time it takes to draw one small graphic. That they have to pay people to do all the programming involved. I just wish they would put some safe guards in place so people spend their gems on items they want, not items they bought because a pop up came up at the wrong time.

larrralee
04-29-15, 03:34 PM
I definitely agree since support doesn't do anything but tell you they can't do anything about it! a
I don't have a problem with them charging real money for some things. I understand they need to make money. I understand the amount of time it takes to draw one small graphic. That they have to pay people to do all the programming involved. I just wish they would put some safe guards in place so people spend their gems on items they want, not items they bought because a pop up came up at the wrong time.

jo_fitz
05-06-15, 08:09 AM
I'm nearly about to quit because if you accidentally tap on a gem box it automatically buys the item. I'm so frustrated with it! On one of the pop ups I thought I had to his the X in the corner and it bought the item. Another time I was scrolling through the menu and accidentally tapped the box. I was so pissed! I've been saving my gems up T_T

kvoeller
05-06-15, 11:56 AM
I'm nearly about to quit because if you accidentally tap on a gem box it automatically buys the item. I'm so frustrated with it! On one of the pop ups I thought I had to his the X in the corner and it bought the item. Another time I was scrolling through the menu and accidentally tapped the box. I was so pissed! I've been saving my gems up T_T

This has happened to me too. I have the way they have been doing to box pop ups lately (where as it used to be a hooray! message you could easily close out of). It doesn't mattet where you tap in that box, if you miss the x, you just bought it. :(

alicee11
05-06-15, 03:16 PM
I want reset button for expansion! To let your bakery back to first expansion

melindag1976
05-06-15, 04:10 PM
What one of us should do is create a game that addresses all of these issues.. Give TL some competition, then perhaps they may reconsider there treatment of their loyal players..

ilaria2464
05-06-15, 08:55 PM
I highly doubt they're ever going to add a gem confirmation. They are capable, because if you tap "sell" on an item it gives you the amount and you have to CONFIRM it. You can't one tap sell things, like you can with gems. I would honestly buy more gems with real money if they stopped the gem traps. There have been times where I'm like, "oh I really want that floor decoration." But then I reconsider spending money because if I buy gems I will buy the pack with the best deal and then have gems leftover, which have a very high chance of being gem trapped. It always infuriates me more when I lose gems that I purchased rather than ones I earned. So, many times I have ended up not buying the gems and forget about that beautiful floor decoration. What I'm trying to say, is that I feel like if there were gem confirmations I and many others would actually PURCHASE more gems, which makes them money.

ruthief
05-12-15, 07:52 AM
Just lost 40 gems from pop ups. I thought all the pop ups had finished after opening the game so started to move around my bakery to collect tips and sure enough 2 more popped up. Isn't it time we had an "are you sure" button?

claire1745
05-12-15, 08:36 AM
That happened to me just this morning with the Mother's Day box pop-up! I went to touch one of my ovens and it popped up right under my finger and I bought a box! That's why I will not purchase gems, because I would just be wasting my money.

darko5
05-12-15, 09:53 AM
Since TL wont make a confirm button, how about an undo button? Maybe it's a bit easier to implement.. undo would just reverse your last action. So if you spent coins on a chair by mistake, for example, the chair would get taken away and you'd get your coins back. If you spend gems on something, same thing.

Yes please... I've spent too many gems this way..:mad:

yumyumyum888
05-12-15, 04:32 PM
I hope they will because sometimes you might actually press the wrong button then everything's gone. They should be more considerate.

SweetReeseCup
05-29-15, 09:31 AM
I am about to delete this game! I am so unhappy with loosing gems by those pop up traps. I have lost over 100 gems on unwanted gem usage. I have played this game for over a year and I have reached level 90. I guess I will just stick with playing Hay Day since they have a confirmation button. Sad to leave

nightshine7
06-03-15, 10:54 AM
Personally, I think TL loves the gem traps. I can't keep 10 or more gems without them being taken by the great pop up for purchasing something like 250,000 coins for 10 gems. I've put in several requests to get my gems back and TL's refused and gave me runaround. I NEVER use gems to get coins. Team Lava's fully capable of making a confirmation for that one yet refuses to do so. That tells me a lot. Find it hard with today's technology they're unable to do it.

matrixkitten
06-03-15, 06:56 PM
With the recent trend of gem-heavy updates, it's getting more and more frustrating that S8 is refusing to add a gem confirmation dialogue. Lack of such a simple feature is the reason why I have not yet purchased a gem package despite being willing to do so. I purchase premium currency in all mobile games that I enjoy, as I like supporting developers who put out fun, entertaining games, and I'd really like to do so for the S8 games that I play.

As a compromise, perhaps the developers could consider adding a confirmation dialogue for those who have purchased a gem package. This is what advertising-based mobile games do. Purchase a premium currency package and remove ads at the same time. That way, paying customers do not feel that the gems they spent real money on are being stolen by sneaky pop-ups and other traps. At the very least try this on a trial basis and see if your revenue increases.

KatieA73
07-19-15, 08:55 AM
Definitely need a confirmation or undo option. Just lost 24 gems by clicking on something by mistake.

Bakerling
07-19-15, 10:56 AM
Personally, I think TL loves the gem traps. I can't keep 10 or more gems without them being taken by the great pop up for purchasing something like 250,000 coins for 10 gems. I've put in several requests to get my gems back and TL's refused and gave me runaround. I NEVER use gems to get coins. Team Lava's fully capable of making a confirmation for that one yet refuses to do so. That tells me a lot. Find it hard with today's technology they're unable to do it.

It is 240,000 coins for 10 gems. I have this experience for 3 times already. I think should have a gem button. Press gem button before buying any items. prompted us are you sure you want to use gems for this item? YES or NO. This is a simple button to prevent us from losing our hard earn gems.

sally_brown
07-19-15, 01:15 PM
I think it should be the other way around. I'd like to spend 250,000 coins for 10 gems.

ST4CoolGames
07-19-15, 07:56 PM
Players have been complaining about the need for a confirmation button in their games for years! I've been playing TL games for since 2010. They haven't added it yet and it is doubtful they ever will. Trust and believe, it is NOT difficult to add this feature as there are other developers who do this with their freemium games. They simply don't want to, which is why I refuse to purchase any premium in-game currency from them.

elsie0104
07-19-15, 11:56 PM
my daughter lost 49 gems this morning on fashion story, she is so sad. she accidentally tapped on " buy slot for 49 gems" when she ordered clothes.. she has been saving up gems for a long time and plan to buy something nice for her store. I spent hours playing other games just to help my daughter to the gems :( and now all lost!

Cr8zyC8tL8dy
07-29-15, 10:19 PM
I had my 1st finger slips today and it really peeved me off! First was gem wallpaper next to coin wallpaper and viola, I now own one piece of wallpaper worth 2 gems. The other was checking on my baking time left and I clicked hastily and hit "finish now for 3 gems" or whatever it says. So 5 hard earned gems down the toilet. I agree, confirm button needed and in some cases an undo button.

irlanda_c
07-29-15, 10:22 PM
Super frustrating!! Put 2 days clothes before the 49 gems slot

my daughter lost 49 gems this morning on fashion story, she is so sad. she accidentally tapped on " buy slot for 49 gems" when she ordered clothes.. she has been saving up gems for a long time and plan to buy something nice for her store. I spent hours playing other games just to help my daughter to the gems :( and now all lost!

Chrysothemis
08-23-15, 06:42 AM
How much worse is this shady pop-up trap scheme going to get, exactly? I wait for them to all cycle through when I enter the game, especially the first time in a day. Then, today, after being in-game for a while, and being on a neighbour's page, the gem trap for the crate comes up again. MULTIPLE TIMES IN ONE SESSION. WTF.

How exactly do we avoid accidentally clicking when the accept button for the pop-up is RIGHT OVER THE HOME/DESIGN BUTTON, and can pop-up at random? Is this seriously how you (whoever makes those decisions) plan to run these games from now on?

This is getting out of hand. I support your team profiting from the work they do, but not in such an underhanded way. I would happily pay to download the game (if it was possible, instead of buying gems, which cost more than much better console games) when you make sure it runs as promised, and take out the traps.

P.S. Mods- I have emailed support. No effing help, as usual. I have lost 48 hard-earned gems. I BAKE EVERYTHING TO MASTER CHEF/BAKER LEVEL.

Lenkapon
08-24-15, 05:04 PM

This is a great idea, but I think TL would never do that. They were generally unable to reverse any in-game benefits, so they won't make it happen. The only way for them is to sell the chair (for example) and then refund us.

But if they can, I think they won't, too. Cause they won't make a confirm button then how can they'll make another not-to-lose-gem button?

r41pi
10-19-15, 04:45 PM
I just lost 250 gems by total accident. I'm so mad! Sometimes I truly hate this game. My phone slipped in my hand while the game was running and in catching it. I lost 250 gems for 450,000 cash. Better one than that, while I was looking up on the game how much cash I had gotten for my literal slip for this post I hit the stupid a$$ button by accident agin and lost 20 more. I'm so sick of this. It's not the first time I've lost gems but never to this extent. Just want to let the people the run the game know they suck!

Bakerling
10-19-15, 08:25 PM
I just lost 250 gems by total accident. I'm so mad! Sometimes I truly hate this game. My phone slipped in my hand while the game was running and in catching it. I lost 250 gems for 450,000 cash. Better one than that, while I was looking up on the game how much cash I had gotten for my literal slip for this post I hit the stupid a$$ button by accident agin and lost 20 more. I'm so sick of this. It's not the first time I've lost gems but never to this extent. Just want to let the people the run the game know they suck!

Wow you are so unlucky. I feel pity for you losing 250 gems. That is a lot of gems. 200 gems added to that lost 250 gems can purchase the gem dispenser lol. What a waste. They really need to create a gem confirmation button.

Rynetory2
10-19-15, 10:33 PM

That really sucks. I lost 500 gems before so I totally understand how you feel. Try writing in to S8, they may be able to help you.

Bakerling
10-20-15, 07:27 AM
That really sucks. I lost 500 gems before so I totally understand how you feel. Try writing in to S8, they may be able to help you.

I lost 50 gems before so I can understand the feeling too. r41pi lost the most gems so far. Really need to write to S8 for help.

Cadeely
10-20-15, 10:29 AM

250? OMG, I lost 49 on Fashion Story once and I was devastated. I stopped playing the game for a few months.

I agree that TL needs to do something about the Gem traps. I've accidentally purchased crates when I was a newbie. Gems matter a lot at those stages.
TL/S8 Should definitely have a confirmation Button. An Undo button seems unfair in case of Crates, people might keep messing around till they get the good gifts.
I also think Crates should have Previews of what gifts are available along with a confirmation button.

twospoons
10-20-15, 11:55 AM

i didn't even know trading 250 gems for coins was one of the options. ugh, my sympathies. i did the 100 gems to coins once in fashion & once here. fashion loss annoyed me, but as i never paid for gems there and didn't care too deeply about that game, i got over it quickly. the BS loss, in november pre-black friday no less, gutted me. fortunately, since i hadn't asked for a refund of gems before (and maybe because i'd spent money? i don't know what the prerequisites were) TL switched it back to gems, along with a stern note of how they'd never do it again so be careful.

anyway, confirm button would be great, but i really wish they'd remove altogether the higher gem to coin options. i can see that somebody somewhere might want to do a conversion, so leave the 10 gems to coins, but nobody in their right mind ever needs to convert 250 or even 100 gems to coins. and if they do, they can convert 10 gems 25 times. converting to coins is the absolute worst of the gem traps, to me.

not that i think S8 will do anything to remediate this problem. but i still wish they would!

Bakerling
10-20-15, 01:24 PM
250? OMG, I lost 49 on Fashion Story once and I was devastated. I stopped playing the game for a few months.

I agree that TL needs to do something about the Gem traps. I've accidentally purchased crates when I was a newbie. Gems matter a lot at those stages.
TL/S8 Should definitely have a confirmation Button. An Undo button seems unfair in case of Crates, people might keep messing around till they get the good gifts.
I also think Crates should have Previews of what gifts are available along with a confirmation button.

Yep, me too think that crates should have previews of what gifts inside that crate before we purchase anything.

Bakerling
10-20-15, 01:31 PM
i didn't even know trading 250 gems for coins was one of the options. ugh, my sympathies. i did the 100 gems to coins once in fashion & once here. fashion loss annoyed me, but as i never paid for gems there and didn't care too deeply about that game, i got over it quickly. the BS loss, in november pre-black friday no less, gutted me. fortunately, since i hadn't asked for a refund of gems before (and maybe because i'd spent money? i don't know what the prerequisites were) TL switched it back to gems, along with a stern note of how they'd never do it again so be careful.

anyway, confirm button would be great, but i really wish they'd remove altogether the higher gem to coin options. i can see that somebody somewhere might want to do a conversion, so leave the 10 gems to coins, but nobody in their right mind ever needs to convert 250 or even 100 gems to coins. and if they do, they can convert 10 gems 25 times. converting to coins is the absolute worst of the gem traps, to me.

not that i think S8 will do anything to remediate this problem. but i still wish they would!

I face that problem before. Accidentally Convert 10 gems to 240,000 coins. Total of 5 times lol.

Skeptacular
10-21-15, 12:30 PM
I don't know if I can read through 18 pages on this topic, can anyone confirm if the moderators have ever responded or even acknowledged this issue? It's extremely annoying, I just lost 50 gems without even noticing...

twospoons
10-21-15, 01:35 PM
mods only tell you to send an email to customer service.

as i said, i once did get a gem to coin conversion undone after i'd contacted customer service, so i'm not saying don't try, but i wouldn't get my hopes up.

Bakerling
10-21-15, 09:42 PM

as i said, i once did get a gem to coin conversion undone after i'd contacted customer service, so i'm not saying don't try, but i wouldn't get my hopes up.

It is not so easy to get back the gems lost lol. But of course no harm trying to contact customer service.

Rynetory2
10-21-15, 10:15 PM

I did get a positive result but on the understanding it was a one time thing for all S8 games. Since I lost 500 gems to coins conversion, I was very grateful to recover.

twospoons
10-22-15, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I always wondered if it's a one-time offer to any player, or whether it was for paying customers only (not sure if you are or not, or if anyone else here has never bought gems but did get them to refund some). Glad I didn't try to undo the time I screwed up fashion story though, it was much better for me to save it for BS.

Of course, that was when it was TL, not S8, so who knows what they're doing now.

And I once accidentally expanded with gems (in farm1) and begged them to undo, said keep the gems I just wanted my perfect 15x15 farm (I plant in patterns and that size square worked well) back, but apparently they really can't undo expansions. They didn't code the game for that possibility.

Also, you're ios, rynetory2? I'm android and only have convert 10 or 100 gems to coins. 500, that's awful. Thank goodness you got it back!

Rynetory2
10-22-15, 03:36 AM
Yeah, I always wondered if it's a one-time offer to any player, or whether it was for paying customers only (not sure if you are or not, or if anyone else here has never bought gems but did get them to refund some). Glad I didn't try to undo the time I screwed up fashion story though, it was much better for me to save it for BS.

Of course, that was when it was TL, not S8, so who knows what they're doing now.

And I once accidentally expanded with gems (in farm1) and begged them to undo, said keep the gems I just wanted my perfect 15x15 farm (I plant in patterns and that size square worked well) back, but apparently they really can't undo expansions. They didn't code the game for that possibility.

Also, you're ios, rynetory2? I'm android and only have convert 10 or 100 gems to coins. 500, that's awful. Thank goodness you got it back!

I am on iOS dear. This accidental loss was recent so it's S8. I never write in for gem loss because it would be a rejection. But sixth sense or whatever made me to it and I was glad I did. Their response was a very wonderful surprise. :) I had millions of coins so I really didn't need coins. Since it was a one time thingy, I was glad it was for 500 gems lol. I really hope you guys recover yours too. Good luck. :)

sapinsapin
10-22-15, 06:46 PM
I think that it's a case to case basis. 500 gems is a lot that's why rynetory2 got hers back. But for most others, i'm pretty sure they won't do anything. They didn't for me and I referred them to this thread asking why they never did anything to address this when this problem has been happening for years!

These tricks are gem traps and earns them money by those little accidental clicks. I took a 2 year hiatus and this issue still persists when I got back. I lost gems for "opening" boxes and "completing" goals just because of those strategically placed buttons that they know players will accidentally click most of the time. I have on principle stopped buying gems, granted i was never a big buyer but I will not be coerced into buying more when I feel like i've been *****ed to do so.

alicia1209
03-06-16, 04:46 AM
Hi,
This is my first time posting but I'm just so frustrated that I just wasted 24 gems!!!

I was trying to scroll through the tab to find a particular box and my fat fingers accidentally touched one of the boxes and then bam all of a sudden I've made a purchase, no "are you sure you want to spend 24 gems?"

There should be a double check to spend gems like there is when you purchase with actual money and have to put ur password in

I was saving up for an expansion and now that's out of the window because of this.

This is so frustrating, I'm sure others feel the same?

I'm never going to the design tab again!

morgan13x13
06-30-17, 10:13 AM
Ahh! Please help me! I accidentally brought a crate for 24 gems and I was almost at 40 to expand my shop! Storm8 please add a confirmation button when gems are purchased, it would make the game so much easier. I now have to earn back 24 gems that took me a really long time to earn, is there anyway to get a refund of gems?

kooky panda
06-30-17, 11:55 AM
Ahh! Please help me! I accidentally brought a crate for 24 gems and I was almost at 40 to expand my shop! Storm8 please add a confirmation button when gems are purchased, it would make the game so much easier. I now have to earn back 24 gems that took me a really long time to earn, is there anyway to get a refund of gems?
For loss of gems, please contact support ( see my signature)

Daughteroftheking33
07-01-17, 02:13 PM
They should have a confirmation button. []

mixxed
11-29-17, 12:37 PM
I know its been said before but here I say it again anyway. I just don't understand why there is not an "are you sure you want to spend these gems" option. I know i can't be alone in wanting to buy gems but not doing so because of being burned more than once from accidentally [recover spoiled food] or [finish goal now]" and been told "sorry we don't reimburse gems".

Please after all these years pretty please with a cherry on top.

Meatballs12
06-05-18, 07:20 AM
I want the gems that I purchased.

Rynetory2
06-05-18, 08:15 AM
I want the gems that I purchased.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Did you purchase some gems and didn't receive them? Try restarting your device and check again. Please let me know how it goes for you.

mixxed
07-25-18, 09:02 AM
Every gem sale in Bakery Story I want to purchase gems and I would if not for ..

1) After 7 years still there is still no 'confirmation to spend gems' when many have pleaded and asked.
2) Customer Service Nopes every time I have an accidental use.

It's not like they are quick to farm, or cheap to purchase. I really just do not understand the logic of not putting in such a small feature, or even allowing CS to roll back / replace lost gems?

In the big picture making customers feel happy would make us want to spend. And I know im not alone in wanting to purchase gems but refusing because of the possibility of them getting wasted.

Honestly. I would happily throw more money at gem purchases if I knew they were protected from stupid mistakes I could make, like, almost dropped by phone, man i spent gems. Or man I tapped too quick. Or i knew i was too tired i just clicked the wrong thing and lost months of gems so much for getting that next expansion or appliance for another year.

annalimanada
04-14-19, 03:57 PM
Just said that I saved gems for this sale. But after saying that I accidentally pressed the 'build it now' button when I bought a ice shaver and I lost about 40 gems :(
I'm crying 😭😭😭
We really need a 'are you sure' button for this things. Cause this was not the first time I lost gems after accidentally touching a crate while swiping 😭😭😭
I lost 40 gems for something I didnt need in the first place 😭😭😭

mixxed
05-21-19, 12:52 PM
Would love this to be added.

norywalker
12-27-21, 06:21 AM
Help! I keep accidentally hitting the button to spend 5 gems to finish baking immediately. I keep hitting that option while trying to bake items and hitting the prepare now buttons too quick and accidentally hitting the adjacent ovens. I've been saving my hard earned gems to buy decorations and now I can't because I accidentally wasted them. Makes me so frustrated because I spent so long earning them through mastering the diff baked goods! Is there any way to undo this?! Please tell me there is because this is the 3rd time and I'm so frustrated it makes me not want to play anymore!

Wow, I can?t believe they have ?Are you sure??? for selling appliances, but not spending gems. I used to throw a few bucks here and there for things in Bakery Story cuz I know they have to make some money to support the game. But still tricking us into accidentally spending gems after 10 years, no more money from me!

Rees630
01-08-22, 06:32 AM
Wow, I can?t believe they have ?Are you sure??? for selling appliances, but not spending gems. I used to throw a few bucks here and there for things in Bakery Story cuz I know they have to make some money to support the game. But still tricking us into accidentally spending gems after 10 years, no more money from me!

This could and should?ve been fixed a loooong time ago. I?m thinking it?s intentional that it?s not been corrected.

jorgie714
02-24-22, 07:36 PM
There should be a way to undo if you accidentally use the gems! I know you make money by people using gems and having to buy more but, it happens way too frequently with the pop ups and such? please change this!

cpt_jack_sparrow
06-16-22, 02:24 PM
There needs to a warning before purchasing an item with gems. The ad came on while I was going to clear the tables and I lost 16 gems for an item that I don't want.
I save the gems so I can expand. And it takes forever to get to 150.
There has to be a way to retract the answer.