PDA

View Full Version : Buying Extra Door and Cashier

MickeyV79
04-28-12, 11:43 PM
Has anyone tried to buy an extra door and cashier? Does it increase the amount of customers coming in?

nmishii
04-29-12, 12:53 AM
Neither an extra door or cashier will increase the number of customers. Sorry. If either did, I would definitely have them in my bakery.

GroovyRuss
04-29-12, 02:16 PM
Has anyone tried to buy an extra door and cashier? Does it increase the amount of customers coming in?

no added customers BUT your turnover rate increases and this means you can make
a lot more coin each day. 3 doors/register and good layout you can serve 80K customers
a day (Like i do) which is double the average 1 door with average layout shop.

elizazerobear6
04-29-12, 03:11 PM
i doesnt but it wont be as crowded

anna1louise
04-29-12, 05:51 PM
I never saw anyone at the second cashier, but I only have one door.

DAmanding
04-29-12, 07:05 PM
no added customers BUT your turnover rate increases and this means you can make
a lot more coin each day. 3 doors/register and good layout you can serve 80K customers
a day (Like i do) which is double the average 1 door with average layout shop.

Just a word of caution, no one else has been able to verify this to my knowledge. It goes against fecsuper's well-known research (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths)) on it.

mattyboo1
04-29-12, 07:10 PM
It will not give extra anything

GroovyRuss
04-30-12, 06:01 AM
Just a word of caution, no one else has been able to verify this to my knowledge. It goes against fecsuper's well-known research (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths)) on it.

I verified OTHERS doing it. I have 3 doors and registers and turnover is way higher. I have said all along in other threads fecsuper's research
only works in RS. Lets see I went to bed at 12:10 I got up at 8:00am a did 107,000 coin divided by 4 = 26750 served in just
under 8 hours.

Now i do have some 2 coin and one 5 coin counter but the 2 coin is more served then the 5 coin so i stuck to coin 4 for the above calc
even though it really is more like 3.* and would be even more served. That being said i have calculated this with only 4 coin food many
many times.

If you do a 29/29/29 you can turn 29 customers over every 19 seconds or about 129K served a day

GroovyRuss
04-30-12, 06:03 AM
I never saw anyone at the second cashier, but I only have one door.

2 doors and you need to section off the bakery

GroovyRuss
04-30-12, 06:07 AM
It will not give extra anything

which is a good thing. If it did give more customers you would need MORE tables and thus customers would have to walk
farther and your turn over rate would drop.

GroovyRuss
04-30-12, 06:26 AM
There is a REASON WHY my bakery looks like a CPU (the core of your computer) :D

just go visit my bakery Groovy Goods

I have customers entering and being served in parallel. A forth door and my bakery goes Quad Core!!!
(I do not have the room to add a 4th yet. another week I hope lol)

AnnasCoffee
04-30-12, 09:07 AM
I am VERY interested in making the most coin profit as possible. I chose to use only one door and one cash register. I have a second door and cash register in storage, that I use sometimes just for declarative purposes.

I agree with DAmanding. If you want to sell the most food you should check out fecsuper's thread... http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths). There is picture at the bottom of the first post, it shows fecsuper's table layout. By using this table layout you will sell the maximum 45,000 plates of food per day. As far as I know... There is no way to sell more than 45,000 plates of food per day. This thread has changed the game for the better THANK YOU fecsuper :)

AnnasCoffee
04-30-12, 09:08 AM
Edit... Sould be "decorative" not declarative.

tzvetkata
04-30-12, 12:31 PM
I was just thinking... customers in BS eat faster than the ones in RS. Doesn't this mean that they're consuming more plates in BS?
The calculations fecsuper did were for RS.

ariesblu
04-30-12, 12:42 PM
Purely for aesthetic reasons.

rockhollow
04-30-12, 08:29 PM
I have two doors and cash registers. One door gives my customers easy axcess to tables and chairs, one door makes the customers walk more to find tables and chairs. I open and close the doors according to how much food I have and how fast I want to sell. If I get low on food, I close the door close to the tables and it gives me a chance to stock up on food, and if I have lots of food and I just keep both doors open. I'm not a very mathy person, so I don't know the rates of having my bakery like this, but it works for the way I like to play the game.

GroovyRuss
05-01-12, 07:18 AM
I am VERY interested in making the most coin profit as possible. I chose to use only one door and one cash register. I have a second door and cash register in storage, that I use sometimes just for declarative purposes.

I agree with DAmanding. If you want to sell the most food you should check out fecsuper's thread... http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths). There is picture at the bottom of the first post, it shows fecsuper's table layout. By using this table layout you will sell the maximum 45,000 plates of food per day. As far as I know... There is no way to sell more than 45,000 plates of food per day. This thread has changed the game for the better THANK YOU fecsuper :)

I do 80K a day in BS and i know of at least 2 others that do over 100K plates served a day in BS.
It really is easy to see how it helps by timing 1 customer. Quickest i have seen is 16 seconds but average for me is 19 seconds.
You are basically with 29 doors 29 registers and 29 tables/chairs and ZERO walking getting it down to about 19 seconds average so
give or take about 90 customers a minute turnover which is about 129K plates served a day.

also note how i have my registers in my shop. I have them IN THE DOOR which saves 1 square walking over the basic default.
Just that 1 changes over 3 doors saves 3 squares of walking every 3 customers. HUGE time saving right there.

The main problem with fecsuper's layout is at least HALF of the customers are going to walk TOO FAR
and thus the average is 3 squares and they have to do it ONE AT a time (cringe)

When you add more doors and section off even on his design you could get it to 2 squares with just adding 1 door.
Over 24 hours that is a huge amount of time saved.

Don't get me wrong his design IS excellent for 1 door.

GroovyRuss
05-01-12, 07:31 AM
I have two doors and cash registers. One door gives my customers easy axcess to tables and chairs, one door makes the customers walk more to find tables and chairs. I open and close the doors according to how much food I have and how fast I want to sell. If I get low on food, I close the door close to the tables and it gives me a chance to stock up on food, and if I have lots of food and I just keep both doors open. I'm not a very mathy person, so I don't know the rates of having my bakery like this, but it works for the way I like to play the game.

go to my shop (Groovy Goods) and you will see 3 Irish waitresses in the middle. If i move them away from door my serve rate drops (Low on food I do this)
If i slide to towards the door my serve rate increases. They basically are my gas pedal to the shop. I move them all at the same time
and the same distance.

The pink trash can is sitting at the current default location so i know where to put them for the 3 door best balance at a glance.
When i add a 4th door I will move the waitresses 2 squares towards the door and eliminate a lot more walking.

Every door i add the waitresses are getting closer and closer to the doors :D

My goal is 5 doors. yeah trying 29 doors would be fun but ummm.... that is a lot of gems. Ain't happening lol

AnnasCoffee
05-01-12, 07:32 AM
GroovyRuss,
That's awesome. I'd love to sell more plates of food. I'm going to take my other door out of storage to see if I can sell more food. I won't buy anymore doors though. I dont buy gems, so I only use my gems for decorating.

But if I can increase my plates per day by even 10,000 I'll be happy. I don't like hoarded food.

dasreventon
05-02-12, 05:42 PM
Sorry, I'm new to this game. I found this thread interesting, I'm trying to visit his bakery (Groovy Goods) but I can't find an option in game which will let me look for his shop. Can anybody help?

nmishii
05-02-12, 05:51 PM
Enter his storm8 ID, GroovyRuss in Social => Invite Friends. When invited, find Groovy Goods in the list of invited friends and tap the Visit button.

GroovyRuss
05-02-12, 09:41 PM
GroovyRuss,
That's awesome. I'd love to sell more plates of food. I'm going to take my other door out of storage to see if I can sell more food. I won't buy anymore doors though. I dont buy gems, so I only use my gems for decorating.

But if I can increase my plates per day by even 10,000 I'll be happy. I don't like hoarded food.

interestingly enough with my current set up each square i move those Irish waitresses decreases or increases
my number of plates served each day by about 6000 plates. (depending upon which way i move them)

that shows just how much the walking distance affects the turnover.

Yeah i wish doors were not so gem heavy. I would love to get more doors but at ten gems each grrrrrrrrrr lol
of course i doubt anyone could even fit 29 doors lol I need to expand a few more times just get my 4th door
(though i could use the other wall but meh I like my current clean setup so doubt i will ever do that )

BTW note also that the doors do not distribute customers evenly. I needed to keep a little extra table action
because sometimes you may get 50% 25% 25% (with my 3 door set up) rare but it does happen now and then.

good luck with your second door. :D

GroovyRuss
05-02-12, 09:42 PM
Enter his storm8 ID, GroovyRuss in Social => Invite Friends. When invited, find Groovy Goods in the list of invited friends and tap the Visit button.

lol yeah but today i had to decline 11 people because of that :D

nmishii
05-02-12, 10:30 PM
lol yeah but today i had to decline 11 people because of that :D

Hmm, now I know what to do when I get enough coins to expand but am short on neighbors. :)

Since you posted to visit your shop, I thought you were inviting people to see what you had done. Sorry if that's not what you wanted.

GroovyRuss
05-03-12, 08:04 PM
Hmm, now I know what to do when I get enough coins to expand but am short on neighbors. :)

Since you posted to visit your shop, I thought you were inviting people to see what you had done. Sorry if that's not what you wanted.

to visit yeah but to invite no :D However i guess there is no way to find me unless invite. Really could use a search for nbr feature.

GroovyRuss
05-03-12, 08:07 PM
BTW i would but i have 103 nbrs I just can't keep up with anymore. I had to stop tipping everyone when i hit 80 nbrs and
now just tip those who tip me. I so wish there was an auto tip feature lol

anna1louise
05-04-12, 12:50 PM
I've added the second door and second cashier. Too bad there isn't a little helper standing by to man it. The place has been divided in two. I believe I was able to fit 24 tables & chairs on each sided. I'll post a picture later.

anna1louise
05-04-12, 12:58 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/anna1louise/d583648b.jpg

this is what it looks like. I counted 14 customers on each side before the last one entered and the first one leaves.

GroovyRuss
05-04-12, 03:11 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/anna1louise/d583648b.jpg

this is what it looks like. I counted 14 customers on each side before the last one entered and the first one leaves.

nice but you need to move the tables as close to the door as possible. That walking distance is ****ING your turnover rate.
I'd be surprised you break 30K served a day even with 2 doors.

yes you should get 14 on each side however now and then it will be like 16 to 12 etc....

anna1louise
05-04-12, 05:34 PM
I'll try moving the appliances to the opposite end. :)