PDA

View Full Version : Bakery story won't open anymore after update

Shauwney30
04-28-12, 07:16 AM
Work fine on my Samsung tablet but won't load on my iPhone 4s. It just sits there at the main screen. Anyone else having this problem?

Also can you clear my pending neighbor request for bakery story? My IDs are shauwney on iPhone and shauwney30 pn my tablet. Need to clear them on restaurant story too. ID shauwney.

Thanks in advance

kooky panda
04-28-12, 07:57 AM
try deleting and redownloading the game on you Iphone. also close out or delete any of the holiday versions you have on your device.

there is no option to delete pending invites.

gtaka11
04-28-12, 07:59 AM
i am having the same problem.

jumphigh128
04-28-12, 12:08 PM
Me too...but if we delete it, will all the data be cleared? I don't want to start over..

googinu
04-28-12, 12:10 PM
Me to and I love the game!, I had so much food everything will spoil:((( hope the arrange it soon

saralovescats
04-28-12, 01:17 PM
Me too...but if we delete it, will all the data be cleared? I don't want to start over..

no your data will still be there! :)

caramel54
04-28-12, 02:52 PM
I wasn't working for me either but today it's been working fine without me having to delete it and reinstall it :)

jen1974
04-28-12, 10:46 PM
I had the same trouble. I deleted & reinstalled it twice; I can open the game but can only see certain items. Now what???

TimeForACuppaTea
04-28-12, 11:14 PM

You can't start these games over even if you wanted to. It's impossible to reset these games. Only way to start over is to buy a new device and not transfer your old game over.

aimeebryant
04-29-12, 06:32 AM
Yes same problem on my iPad2. I rebooted by it didn't help. Still not working for me today.

kooky panda
04-29-12, 08:44 AM
Yes same problem on my iPad2. I rebooted by it didn't help. Still not working for me today.

You will need to delete the game from your device and go back and redownload it from the app store.

teta01
04-29-12, 11:32 AM
I have the same problem. When I try to delete it on the iphone 4s, the iphone comes up with 'Deleting "Bakery Story" will also delete all of its data.'

Is that not true?

teta01
04-29-12, 11:36 AM
I reinstalled the bakery story, and it still comes up with the same problem. It tries to open, and the little circle circles a while and then the phone goes to the desktop. What is wrong with this update? How do I recover?

kooky panda
04-29-12, 11:46 AM
I have the same problem. When I try to delete it on the iphone 4s, the iphone comes up with 'Deleting "Bakery Story" will also delete all of its data.'

Is that not true?

you games are saved on Team Lavas servers under your storm ID, so you can delete and when you go back to the app store and
redownload you game will be there.

I reinstalled the bakery story, and it still comes up with the same problem. It tries to open, and the little circle circles a while and then the phone goes to the desktop. What is wrong with this update? How do I recover?

I assume you deleted it off and when and redownloaded.
Restart your iphone, and also if you have any of the holiday versions of the games on your device, force close them out .
To force close you games, means you are closing out the game from running in the background.
On iphone, ipad, etc. ( you are not deleting the game and redownloading it)

Click you home button twice, your icons will show up at the bottom

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQx33DWgZVWPenwP1h0tp***PKRBxsz yWFKkDmOxwXrqLhb7dADwnKnLPxThen you hit the red minus sign for the apps you want to close out. you can scroll to find more.
You are not deleting the apps just closing them out. When you have app run in the background, it takes memory and slows up the games.

jumphigh128
04-29-12, 11:58 AM
I deleted it......waiting for it to install

jumphigh128
04-29-12, 12:35 PM
Yay! It worked!

kooky panda
04-29-12, 12:49 PM
Yay! It worked!

yeah jump!!!
http://th167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/Margie077/New%20Pics2/New%20Pic3/th_dance.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/image/happy%20dance/Margie077/New%20Pics2/New%20Pic3/dance.gif?o=104)

pastrychef17
04-29-12, 01:49 PM
I had the same problem with my game not opening after the update (iPad 2). I deleted and reinstalled and it opened again. Worked fine for a couple of days but today, it force closes on me when I go to neighbors' bakeries to tip. It doesn't matter if I visit from my newsfeed or the neighbor tab. I get kicked out. If this keeps up, I can't tip my neighbors daily anymore. I persevered to tip those who tipped me today but I'm not dealing with this everyday just to tip. I'll quit playing altogether first rather than keep dealing with the hassle that the game gets worse instead of better with each update. And this only happens in BS with such frequency. Also happens in RS but not as often and so far, hasn't happened in Farm. In Farm, it just freezes a lot.

teta01
04-30-12, 12:49 PM
Thank you. Let me try this and see what happens.

jumphigh128
04-30-12, 02:36 PM
yeah jump!!!
http://th167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/Margie077/New%20Pics2/New%20Pic3/th_dance.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/image/happy%20dance/Margie077/New%20Pics2/New%20Pic3/dance.gif?o=104)

Awww the little guy is so cute...but his shoes are a bit funny. Yay!