PDA

View Full Version : New Goals: Bug in 'A Friend Indeed'

tehbaker
04-28-12, 01:52 AM
Hey TL,

I've noticed an issue with one of the goals released with the 4/26 update called "A Friend Indeed". The goal requires you to invite one new neighbor. Here's my dilemma.

Tonight I received that new goal and it said 91/92 - which makes sense, I need to add 1 more neighbor to complete the goal. However then I did my monthly removal of a bunch of inactive, 0-star tippers. Now... my goal says 71/92. This effectively means the game is asking me to add another 21 more neighbors simply because I removed some.

Is this intended, or is this a bug? I really don't want to have that goal there for however knows how long until I'm back up to 92 neighbors :(

Thanks,
tehbaker

DAmanding
04-28-12, 09:10 AM
That totally stinks. If nothing else there is a thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21745-Let-s-help-each-other-to-achieve-the-BS-goals!) in the Add Me section for adding temporary neighbors.

tehbaker
04-28-12, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the idea :) I'll give that a shot if after another day or so it isn't fixed/acknowledged by TL/I'm not back up to 92 ;)

kahlan531
04-28-12, 07:43 PM
I have a similar problem -- it asks me to add 1 neighbor and the box reads 92%. I have now added 3 neighbors, the goal does not complete, and the box still says 92%.

92% of what? I have 270 neighbors.

kooky panda
04-28-12, 07:56 PM
I have a similar problem -- it asks me to add 1 neighbor and the box reads 92%. I have now added 3 neighbors, the goal does not complete, and the box still says 92%.

92% of what? I have 270 neighbors.
I believe you cannot just add, the person you send the invite to must also accept your invite.

kooky panda
04-28-12, 08:00 PM
Thebaker- If you received the goal, then deleted neighbors, I think the problem is when you reach the goal, the game notes your current neighbors and that is why it will say 91/92. It registered that you already had 91 neighbors so to pass the goal, you must have 92.

On the valentine goals, when I had to add a neighbor I deleted my back up ipad game nbr ,, then went and readded it and it did not count since that was already a nbr when I reached the goal.

so this is not a bug in the goals. You may want to got to the thread demanding suggested, players are using it to add each other for this goal.

seattlestown
04-30-12, 04:47 AM
Have sent invite and had three ppl accept and no goal reached. I shud have completed the goal but it does not register as complete. Now I'm stuck at that goal :(

kooky panda
04-30-12, 04:56 AM
Have sent invite and had three ppl accept and no goal reached. I shud have completed the goal but it does not register as complete. Now I'm stuck at that goal :(
Try visting and gifting the new nbrs. If goal is still not completed, try restarting your device.

Question- these were brand new invites right? did you delete some nbrs, then go and reinvite them?

sweetstuff525
04-30-12, 05:14 AM
i don't know what the goal was called but it was the one you have to go in the game 4 days in a roll and is suppose to reward you we 10 gems.... i just finished it but the 10 gems didn't add up to my total ughh

sweetstuff525
04-30-12, 05:16 AM
i don't know what the goal was called but it was the one you have to go in the game 4 days in a roll and is suppose to reward you we 10 gems.... i just finished it but the 10 gems didn't add up to my total ughh

okay forget my post it just added lol

JustBev
04-30-12, 05:53 AM
Try visting and gifting the new nbrs. If goal is still not completed, try restarting your device.

Question- these were brand new invites right? did you delete some nbrs, then go and reinvite them?

I wonder if it is required to invite new neighbors using the button within the goal? It seems that my new neighbors were only recognized if I invited them from within the goal.

kooky panda
04-30-12, 07:47 AM
I wonder if it is required to invite new neighbors using the button within the goal? It seems that my new neighbors were only recognized if I invited them from within the goal.

It may be. Always try use the buttons in the goals to complete a task. Today on Pet Hotel, I invited a new nbr and they accepted, but I did not complete the goal. I then went and visited and partied at their hotel , then when I came back, my goal completed.

sweetstuff525
04-30-12, 08:02 AM
They also get cometed if you already have. Eight or requests you have t accepted and you accept them ....that's how I complete 2 parts of different goals

tehbaker
05-05-12, 11:35 PM
Sorry for the giant delay in answering - between work and being out of the state I was a bit busy.

Thanks for a deeper explanation kooky, I'll just have to suck it up and add some random people or just wait until I get back to those 92 legitimate neighbors I'll keep. I can understand how the game/programming sees it, it's just highly frustrating. I guess we assume even technology to be 'human' and have common sense at times ;) Alas, it is not to be so!